• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 4th Fleet (NSN) [Mission 1.1] The Nepleslian Job

Avel sighed, partly from annoyance and partly from impatience. "It's nothing really. Just put the cleaning alcohol on and don't stop if I start screaming bloody murder."

"Sergeant, you seem fine. I'd like to do a follow up after the mission just to be sure. If anything hurts or does not feel right before the mission, let me know," said Laura.

"I will," said Phaedra. She left the medic to tend to Avel's wounds and approached one of the drones standing nearby. She ordered it to bring the weapon locker and follow her up to the roof. Once there, she unpacked the weapon and began to assemble the huge rifle.

Once the rifle was completed, Phaedra set the weapon up on its bipod near the edge of the building's roof. Placing a pair of earplugs into her ears, she went prone behind the W3301, grunting from the soreness that seemed to be present all over her body. She noticed that the targets had been put into place by the drones at a very far distance from her location. Phaedra tested the feel of the weapon, adjusted its sights and general settings before she pulled back the breech and loaded a single dummy round. Without using her optic implant, Phaedra systematically checked the windage and other information on the display, fired one round, reloaded, and then made small tweaks to the weapon's settings. The recoil was massive, and the report from the W3301 was deafening, but all in all it was a fantastic weapon.

Satisfied with the weapon's performance after eight dummy rounds, Phaedra broke the weapon down, cleaned it, and then returned it to the case. When she returned to the briefing room, Phaedra transfered the W3301 to a more portable weapon case and placed it amongst her other gear that had been gathered for the mission.

With a sickening crackling noise, Phaedra stretched out her neck and then went to the locker room to start preparing for the mission. To any of the squad she would pass, she would say, "We will be departing very soon. Ensure you are prepared."

" - and, that's essentially what happened." Matteo explained to the Junker Drone while making a proper mixture between whiskey and the currently inert chemical. The reagent pills were placed into a small tin of mints to hide them, while the garrotte was pocketed for now. No need to squirrel that away quite yet.

"So I wasn't requesting any body modifications, just accidentally referring to a prior event." He secured the cap onto the silver flask emblazoned with the insignia of 4th Fleet. 'Great. Here I am taking to a Drone. Did she really weird me out that much?' He shook his head to try and clear his mind. 'Maybe I'm just not used to all this overt crap yet.' Yes, that was probably it. At the least though, nobody else had heard all that, Matteo thought, relaxing. And then he remembered something.

"Drei, please tell me you didn't catch all that."

“EXCILLENT SHOOTING MA’AM!” A junker drone said as it passed by Phaedra. Metal shards were embedded in its exterior skin and the paint on one side was a little singed. “YOU DIDN’T MISS THE TARGETS I SET OUT ONCE!” It rotated its body back slightly, turning up its single robotic eye in an attempt to indicate pride, feeling that it had done a good job improving the moral of the fleshy soldier.

It then stomped off to resume its work loading supplies.

---

“Though the Junker Drones do record everything they see and hear, I do not make it a point to gossip about soldier’s interests.” Drei responded, using the speakers on the drone infront of Cedric.

The drone then shuddered slightly as it got control of its systems back from Drei, “FASCINATING!” The drone said, “DO YOU INTEND TO MATE WITH HER? I CAN GET YOU THE FLOWERS AND CANDIES FOR THE COURTING CERIMONY!” The drone practically shouted, excited about the prospects of getting to see what it was the fleshies did to build more fleshies.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back