• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Mission 1] A Side: "High and Dry over Golding"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Great, IPG. Last thing we need right now is these stiffs poking around for an investigation..." Harrison grumbled, continuing his triage with Anselm as the three men headed for the nearest medical station. The old ex-merc wasn'f fond of the IPG's cloak-and-dagger tactics and classified ops, and he wasn't afraid to be vocal about it either. Regardless, he wouldn't let his discontent with the IPG come to blows, at least not if he wanted to keep his head attached to his shoulders.

Trey wondered at the IPG, in their fancy armors. Why hadn't these men helped during the battle? it was clear they had simply sat aside and let the marines do the dirty work, and now they show up as if they are all important or something. Oh well, it didn't matter to Trey. He inspected the right arm of his armor, looking over the Jury-rigged antimatter containers. Luckily they hadn't breached when he lost the LBR, otherwise he would probably be dead, along with a good portion of the people in any corridors near the elevators.

With the hostages free, he turned to find a black-armored trio from the IPG. Exciting.

With the utmost sarcasm, of course.

Personally, Viktor had nothing against any of these men nor the IPG. However, they had a reputation for being... self-serving and--what was the word?... cliche. Walking, talking cliches.

"Sir, this room is secure and occupied by unarmed friendlies and a team that just laid waste to a squad of jimmies. Unless your men are looking for trouble, I'd suggest you have them lower those weapons. There's no need for them here." IPG or not, there was no reason for those weapons to be held in such a fashion at such a moment.

Echo once again glanced around the room. He saw the other marines were behaving in likeness of himself, though they probably had their own experiences justifying it. Regardless, the IPG would have to go or the marines should get out of here. Their investigations would eventually need some kind of clearance to witness or something.

Leaning forward, off of the wall, Echo stood and balanced the case on his back one more time. He loved the feel of the rifle's weight baring down on him, it brought him back to reality. The ID-Sol wandered over to a random monitor and stared at it. "So...when the hell are we getting out of here?"

"The rest of your squad is already in our 'protective custody', Master Chief Fian Vel Steyr." The lead IPG Operative said, in a cold monotonous, perhaps as a result of the Service's extreme in-house training. "You will all be taken to a secure planetside IPG facility for questioning. By the powers divulged by 1stAFCOMM to the IPG over the station and all persons in it, I demand that you have your squad power down their suits and cooperate."

'1st Assault Fleet Command did what?!' Fian nearly thought out loud, the general consensus was that even the higher-ups didn't want anything to do with the IPG unless absolutely necessary. Then again, they were dealing with a single Yui-4 single-handedly causing unprecedented damage to an operating SMoDIN space station, most probably with inside help and a fuckton of planning and intelligence. High Command would probably be lying to themselves if they said they could get to the bottom of the situation without the IPG.

The Master Chief also supposes that the situation was under control, if not over, since they have secured Rico's squad and marched their way up here to confront them. The IPG can be seemingly ruthless, but were definitely highly efficient, no doubt they would have allowed his little squad to continue romping around the station clearing baddies if there was still a need to.

Well, they didn't have anything to fear from the IPG anyway, they weren't the cause of the problem. In fact, High Command might even give them a little extra something for being part of the solution and putting up with the IPG. It sounds like an excellent excuse for some shore leave.

"Understood, but I'm going to have to keep my own suit on, you can see that I have an injury that prevents me from exiting." Fian responded coolly, acting unfazed by the black Britvahs. 'So just in case anything happens to my team, by the maker, injured arm or no injured arm, I'll rip the lot of you a new one with my bare hand.'

"Of course I can see that, I only asked your squad to power down, didn't I?" The operative replied, a little threatening this time.

Fian simply shrugged. "Allright, you win. You heard him, the fight is over." He wiggled around in his suit to have Harrison and Anselm put him down. The remaining two IPG Operatives took positions to the rear of the group, as though to herd them into the elevator that had just arrived.

Harrison carefully lowered Fian, then shut down his suit's comm systems first, so inside the sound-proofed bosom of the EARTH armor he could shout, "I fucking hate the IPG!" and then quietly shut down the rest of the armor. Quietly, he climbed the rest of the way out of his armor, wearing his Green uniform minus the beret. He hastily tucked in the waist of the green shirt and clipped his belt shut before standing at attention in front of his dismantled EARTH.

The bitch of being in the military, Viktor thought. Someone can wave a paper, and say whatever the hell they want. With a sigh, he powered down and clambered out the back of the M7 VOID. After rectifying any flaws in his uniform, he followed Harrison's lead and stood at attention. Unfortunately, he did not have the habit of bringing the beret with him in the Power Armor. Honestly, he couldn't stand the way they sat on his head, but he wasn't one to argue tradition in the military.

Following Harrison, Anselm quickly exited his Aggressor and stood at attention in front of the massive suit wearing only the skin-tight trunks and HHG in its back holster he'd been in since this whole mess started, a single thought passed through his mind while watching the three IPG PAs cover him and his team mates. "Yeah, I could take one of them... at least."

Talbain moved his Aggressor onto some solid ground and powered down.
He sat in the darkness of his armor for a moment thinking before exiting it. "Three enemies unaccounted for, Chief's arm is busted up, the IPG showed up, the IPG decided to take us into custody, and I may have some pretty good bruises from slamming into the elevator wall. Well doesn't this just suck? Well, time to put on the professional face and roll with it." Exiting the PA the ID-SOL moved to join the rest of the squad in the elevator feeling somewhat under dressed in the flight suit he was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back