• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia Mission 1: [Ohara] An Oasis in the Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was about to reply to Henry's question about the crew when her console lit up. She scanned over the information displayed on the screen and muttered a curse in Japanese. She quickly turned to Henry. "Sir, we've been spotted...the Unicorn's sensor array must still be operational or something because something in that building just detected our ship." She said with an alarmed expression. "It's over a century old, it shouldn't even have the power to reach out and spot us well over a million miles away..." Ryoko said in disbelief.

Meanwhile, planetside...

Goz ran into the lobby as fast as he could carry his portly frame, looking wildly about for the Order guardian on duty.

"Mr. Nenomax! Mr... Oh there you are! Listen the museum is closed today It's an emergency I have to go see the Head Priestess Hold down the fort for me okay bye!"

And with those words, the double swinging doors of the Museum swung shut. A placard hanging on the outside of one of the doors achieved stable equilibrium against the door with a soft thud, with the "CLOSED" side facing out.

Mr. Nenomax scratched his head in puzzlement. He had never seen the Curator move that fast before.

The Temple and the Museum sat at the opposite ends of the small town square. Nevertheless, Goz found this small distance to be a demanding trip when one was out of shape and in a dreadful hurry.

Alone in her private chamber, Mina sat down and prayed, as she did every day.

She prayed for more rain. She prayed for a solution to the growing piracy problem near Everspring. And most importantly of all, she prayed for the destruction of every weapon on Ohara, especially the ones that could wipe out her world in a flash of atoms in fission.

This time, the Goddess answered.

Upon reaching the lobby of the Temple, Goz's was detained by a burly receptionist. "I must speak with the Head Priestess immediately!" demanded Goz, flapping his wings up and down and turning up his snout to show the receptionist that he was serious.

"I'm sorry, sir," replied the large, brown Phod, "Her Worship is not to be disturbed right now... by anyone."

"It's all right. I've been expecting him," said Mina as she walked up behind them, and raised a wing before Goz could reply. "We can talk later, Mr. Jelvu. In any case, I know what you came to say."

"As always, Your Worship," replied Goz as he bowed.

Mina nodded. "Follow me, we have much work to do."

Aboard the YSS Celia...

"Actually," corrected Celia, "we are in medium orbit around the planet, at an altitude of 8000 kilometers. In addition, my active sensor suite is at full power. It is not implausible that the Unicorn's sensor system detected us."

"Any suggestions, Celia?" Henry asked with a frown, thinking that he screwed up. He should have anticipated this when the homing signal was first picked up. He should have done... something.

"I suggest commencing the away mission at the presumed crash site, sir," replied Celia. "If the natives have indeed detected us, then every moment that we linger up here builds suspicion of our intent."

"You're right," said Henry as he stood up. "Come on, Shina, we're going."

"Aye, sir." Shina eagerly went to Henry's side.

"Shosa Hayasaka has expressed desire to bring Shoi Yamikage along as well, sir," added Celia.

"That's fine. The shuttle can fit one more. Let's go, Shoi Yamikage," answered Henry as he headed for the bridge's rear exit.

Ryoko's mind been racing over the possibilities and appropriate responses when Henry called her to join. She stood up at attention, saluting momentarily. "Yes Sir." She said and started toward the door after them at a brisk pace, as not to be left behind. "Um Sir, who is this Shoi Haya..saka? I don't remember meeting a crewmember by that name." She said.

A million and a half thoughts and feelings raced through her in amoment...eagerness, anxiety, twinge of fear, uncertainty and a desire to prove her worth. "If I may suggest sir....we should arrange a kind of "backup" unit incase we get into trouble on the surface to help us out of a tight jam if necessary..." She said meekly, clearly showing a small amount of submissiveness in her nature.

Wikkedson started back towards the shuttle. "All aboard who's coming aboard!" he shouted, crouching into the back section and taking a seat on the floor in the middle. "They really need to make power armor and shuttles for trolls," he commented lowly. Bloodfist, the Nishizaki twins, Seraphsmasher, and Sixthree Tangozulu piled into the shuttle, too, maybe a little too fast, because the neko girls had to scramble over the guys and Wikkedson's shoulder to get to the cockpit. The bulk of the infantry-turned-sentrys' bodies and their equipment made the back of Wikkedson's shuttle particularly crowded.

"Wikkedson to Celia; prepare to open shuttlebay door."

Kaya looked up, it sounded like everyone was almost finished getting ready for take off. She did one last check more to keep herself busy than anything else before just sitting and waiting for a command to take off or the like. She had just come aboard the Celia and already going on a mission they sure didn't waste any time. Getting a little restless Kaya stretched her arms into the air.

"I'm so bored!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back