• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia Mission 1: [Ohara] Welcome to Ohara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yangfan

Inactive Member
ON> YSS Celia

Henry gave Ryoko a brief glance as they walked toward the shuttle bay. "I've already arranged for a security detail, Ryoko. So there's no need to worry. As for Shosa Hayasaka, she was the crewmember you were with in the medical bay. I don't think she likes giving out her name much."

Ryoko blinked, with a nod of understanding as he brushed a bit of her rather pretty, thick violet hair out of her eyes... "Oh her. And from what I can tell, I'd have to agree with you on that point sir." She said as they walked along. "I'm just glad to have the chance."

Celia's voice suddenly spoke up from the hallway ceiling. "Taisho, there is a voice transmission from the surface, near the originating point of the homing signal."

Henry furrowed his brow. "Put it through my data pad, Celia."

Ryoko had to perk a brow at that. "Maybe someone's using the ship's comm. system, but the crew should've been dead for over a century..." She said in a shock and looked to Henry then Shina hoping someone knew.

"I guess we'll find out," said Henry. As the trio continued walking, Henry pulled out his data pad and hit a button with his thumb. A female voice spoke from the device in an alien language: "Vaapiemisu oc Ohara."

"That sounds like the native language of this planet, sir... Though I can't translate it," commented Shina.

"Perhaps Kioko would have a better chance?" said Henry.

"Well logically, we can do one of two things.... see if Celia can translate it or simply and politely ask this woman in person." Ryoko smiled a slightly crooked but still charming expression. Her eyes trailed over to Shina as she had spoken last, reading her body language and noticing she was slightly apprehensive about it.

Celia, having taken a hint from Henry and Ryoko, spoke up again. "Taii Watanabe has just finished her translation. The message says 'Welcome to Ohara'."

"Wow... she's fast..." Ryoko whistled. "Well I suppose we should reply with same politeness correct sir?" She asked Henry, merely wanting to be useful as an officer. She didn't want to go back to where she'd come from for acting out of turn or offending someone, or proving to be useless... not back there....

"Good point, Ryoko," said Henry, as they arrived at the shuttle bay. "Celia, order Kioko to send back the message 'Thank you' if she knows the translation for sure. If she's not sure, then don't do anything rash." Taii Kaori and Taii Yuan were already there and waiting beside the shuttle. Taii Kamitaka sat in the pilot's seat, looking quite bored. Shosa Hayasaka came in via another entrance, gave Henry a quick bow and entered the shuttle. Meanwhile, Wikkedson's Team Bravo were already assembled in their shuttle and looked ready to go.

She smiled at having done something good, all these success, as minor as it was, helped hold off her feelings of self-pity and doubt. Ryoko nodded a hello to the Shosa and added in a short bow and stepped aside to allow her aboard the shuttle first. Ryoko peeked over at the other shuttle and giggled, "those trolls look awful cramped... maybe if things go well I'll dance for everyone." She said to nobody in particular.

Henry overheard Ryoko's words and was a little perplexed, not knowing how she made the mental leap from "cramped" to "dancing", but he kept his thoughts to himself, as he usually did. Acknowledging a stiff salute from Taii Kaori, he entered shuttle, followed by Shina. Henry could see that Shosa Hayasaka had taken the co-pilot's seat. The other seats were unoccupied.

Ryoko looked over at Henry and his perplexed expression and went over and sat across from him and thought she should explain. "According to that look on your face, I've said or done something offensive." She said, hanging her head in shame. "I'm sorry..."

"It's quite all right, Ryoko," replied Henry as he settled into his seat. "I was simply surprised that you would... um..." "It's not in her job description anymore," commented Yuri from the co-pilot's seat. "Yeah," added Shina as she sat down next to Henry, "you don't have to dance anymore if you don't want to." "What they said," said Henry with a shrug. Taii Yuan and Taii Kaori entered the shuttle and took their seats. The shuttle hatch closed behind them.

She blushed passingly at the commentary and spoke up. "Well it's also a form of self expression and stress relief." Ryoko said with an embarrassed grin. She looked over at Shina, clearly eyeing her over appraisingly. "I could teach you how to do it... you've got the form." She giggled mischievously and nodded to Henry. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Pilots," Celia's voice came from the shuttle's comm. system, "depressurization of the shuttle bay in 30. Prepare for take off, everyone." "Stress relief, huh?" asked Shina with interest as everyone buckled up. It was quite obvious that she had no idea what type of dancing Ryoko did in her previous job. Henry blushed and looked away, trying to concentrate on the mission at hand.

She nodded, "Any form of self-expression makes you feel good about yourself and makes onlookers happy." Ryoko said with a nod. She quickly moved over and sat next to Shina before they got going and buckled in sitting next to her. She gave Shina a short whispered explanation of what she meant. "It's nothing nasty or dirty." she assured her.

Checking one last time that everyone in the shuttle bay were safely inside the shuttles and that all hatches were sealed, Celia began pumping the air out of the shuttle bay for later use. There are a few things one does not want to run out of out in space. Air is one of the biggies. Soon after, the main shuttle bay doors slowly opened to the cold, black space outside. "Sounds... um... fun," said Shina, blushing, as Ryoko explained to her the fine art of exotic dancing. Henry made a mental note to check up on what exactly Ryoko has been teaching his... assistant, after the mission was over, of course.

She giggled a bit more at Shina's blush. "Oh it is fun, and best thing is, you only have to do it for whom you wish..." Ryoko added. "I'm sure your boyfriend there would appreciate it." She giggled evilly, having noticed how Shina acted around Henry.

Wikkedson's shuttle took off first. Taii Kamitaka began pushing buttons on the pilot's console, with Shosa Hayasaka watching closely. While Henry pretended to be deep in thought, Shina thought over Ryoko's words. Meemeel, who was sitting next to Ryoko, leaned over and whispered to her, "They are not... officially together, yet."

She winked to Meemeel, "since when were matters of the heart supposed to be official?" Ryoko said. "I think it's really cute..." She said but couldn't help but be nervous and leaned over and told her in a conspirator's whisper. "I know I'm gonna more than likely face some punishment for saying that but I'm so nervous... my first mission..."

"I'm nervous, too," replied Meemeel in the same low voice. "But try not to tease them so much," she added with a smile, trying to show that she was not scolding Ryoko. Henry vaguely realized that they were still talking about him, and shifted his attention over to the shuttle pilots in order to distract himself. He looked in time to see Taii Kamitaka give the final take off order. The shuttle of Team Alpha silently lifted off from the shuttle bay floor and flew outside.

As the two shuttles headed toward the thick atmosphere of the planet that the natives called Ohara, Henry couldn't help but notice how the planet was dressed in beautiful shades of green and blue, so very much like Yamatai.

END>

JP by:
Tyler - Ryoko
Yangfan - GM

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back