• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 10.1] Finding Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge

"Using a tight-beam transmission, send the survivor a text response with our registry number and a short request for the number of personnel in her party," Hanako ordered. "Relay the weather information to the ground team and request a status report from them."

Bridge

Sune coded two messages to be sent. He transmitted the one to the survivor tight beamed and aimed downward so as to limit the chances of interception.

His second message he routed through the drones in compressed format.

Cargo Bay

Yaichiro sent another message to the bridge...he never understood why the Taisa seemed to dislike telepathic communications, but that was not really his business. Could the NMX even intercept them with a PSC? He sent it via electronic communication regardless -- electing not to act on his thought or risk her anger or detection.

Modifications to the STV are complete, the synthesis of materials was significantly hastened by the wrecked electronics. The Wardroom and Bridge Access hull breaches are finally sealed, and the pylon should be successfully sealed within the next five minutes -- then we can make a water landing if need be.

Barring any other duties you wish to assign, I'll install the synthesized CFS couplings next to restore the shields and FTL to full power -- the raw materials hastened their completion as well.

Yaichiro included the last statement so that she knew his plans, but could order him to drive the STV if needed.

Report From Taii Helen Klein said:
Three of four personnel landed safely, missing the Shoi, attempted to dig in for shelter, terrain unsuitable in light of weather advisory and local pre-existing conditions. Requesting direction to nearest stable and elevated terrain.
"Sune, can you direct Taiii Klein towards the higher elevations where the roads are?" Hanako said. "I think I have some survey shots from the YSS Elfin Princess available in the computer files."

"Very well. Nika can drive the STV," Hanako replied to Yaichiro, copying Nika.

Nika made her way to the cargo bay and unchained the STV from the floor. "Yaichiro, please get ready to open the cargo bay door!"

Hanako repositioned the ship's cargo bay a little over the nearby rocky clearing. It was the same spot where the Freedom's vehicles had been destroyed a year ago.

Yaichiro, noting this, rushed back toward the wall off of the Cargo Bay's ramp.

"Understood. I'll lower the door ramp when you are ready. You'll have to hurry though. Not only is being out in the storm bad in and of itself, but it will reduce how far the sound can travel." Yaichiro waited for Nika's okay, while verifying with Charisma that they were in the right location for deployment.

After Nika-Hei sent her okay, Yaichiro would open the cargo bay ramp door for her -- making sure his NSP was drawn in case any Mishhu attempted to take the opportunity to board or investigate. Once she was on the surface, Yaichiro closed the ramp door again so that no one would see the broken illusion, much less enter the ship.

[Bridge]

Sune searched the archives and found the collection of images from the former ship. He selected the one that provide the aerial view Hanako requested. Normally avoiding the roads would be the prudent course of action on a hostile world. After all the enemy would have patrols and such. But with the in coming storm, he supposed they might be empty of such patrols.

"Message sent Taisa. We also have a reply from the ground of a list of personnel who survived the crash of the Freedom."

Yaichiro, knowing he might not have much time, rushed to the Fabrication Bay and retrieved the CFS Conduits with the aid of one of the drones, while another drone manned the Cargo Bay. Yaichiro kept a link with it via MEGAMI and his communicator, in case Nika-Hei came back. He couldn't just stop working when they were on an enemy world.

The remaining drone had finished repairing the pylon's hull by the time he arrived in the Maintenance Conduit, still wearing an AMES. He then sent a communication to the bridge.

Bridge, this is Yaichiro. I request that the remaining Starboard CFS conduits be temporarily shut down so I can perform the swap. I can't get too close to active CFS conduits without being killed, even in an AMES.

The Port CFS will still be sufficient to aid in hovering for the short interim. I should also note that the patching of the hull has been completed. All sections are water and space-worthy.

It was about this point that Yaichiro noticed something strange on his communicator's screen...he had sensors watching the STV, to determine when it was time to lower the door for Nika to come back in, but the windshield of the STV was splattered in blood...

Taisa, there's blood in the windshield of the STV. Nika-Hei looks unresponsive. We may have enemies in the immediate area.

"How long do you need?" Hanako asked Toshiro. "I need to have shields available; we are in hostile territory."

Yaichiro responded promptly to the bridge.

"Under a minute to get close up, put them in, and get out. The Port CFS can stay online during that time."

Sune monitored the sensors, an upload from the VCMAD indicated a number of communications sent by the enemy.

"Taisa, the drones have detected enemy transmissions in the area near the rescue team... two separate sources.

I would say their location has been compromised. " Sune sent a query to Charisma of the sensor logs, looking for anything that could be a base used by the NMX.

"Taisa, using the sensor logs of our flyover, I have identified what could possible enemy structures. I will watch for any sign of additional enemy forces approaching. Depending on what they send though, we may have to get involved." He said to Hanako, leaving out the obvious that the moment they fired on any NMX forces their ruse would be up and it would soon be a desperate race to gather their people and leave the planet.

After roughly 45 seconds or careful installation, the CFS conduits were replaced, and Yaichiro was distant enough again to be safe.

It's done, Taisa. Recommend keeping the CFS below 100% for now, though. We don't want to appear as a Plumeria on their sensors if possible, though we have access to the full CFS capability again at your word. We can also submerge at any time...
Yaichiro didn't like the idea of leaving anyone behind, and pushed his brain to think of a solution...

Taisa, the two NMX prisoners we have...if either of them are wearing an NMX uniform, perhaps we could use a Neko wearing it and claim the survivors and team as "food" for the crew of this ship?

Hanako called Yaichiro again.

"Yaichiro, I do not think we have time. Things are about to get nasty and we have to leave now. I need you to take the T7 shuttle on the bottom of the ship, land in the clearing, and pick everyone up immediately."

"Understood, Taisa." Yaichiro responded, rushing to the belly of the ship with the speed of an Engineer who knew the fastest route. He got into the T7 via the hatch on the top and went quickly into the cockpit.

He had thought up a few variations of his idea which might work, but all required time -- something they just didn't have. He discarded the ideas when he detached and made for the clearing...

Sune was working at his station changing sensor settings to compensate for the degrading atmospheric conditions. When his latest scan showed his worse concern coming true.

Before he could alert Hanako about the unidentified craft she had already fired upon it. "STV destroyed, shuttle appears to have taken damage. Adjusting CFS energy levels to compensate for the threat level Taisa." He said, "Kage-Shosa, what is your status?" he sent over the comm.

Yaichiro, after some effort, responded.

"...*gurgle*...Took a couple hits...I'm messed up, but around...a couple survivors on...others taking their good time...wait..."

There was some talking in the cockpit.

"...Taii is aboard...moving to second pickup point..."

"Taisa, the rescue team reports that it has some survivors onboard. Kage-Shosa has been injured, messed up in his own words. I am notifying the automated medical units in the Medbay so that they can be ready to receive. I am also spinning up the EWS, to deny the enemy communications." he said sending the necessary commands via Charisma.

"....Yaichiro here....attempting to return and dock..." Yaichiro managed to send out, the shuttle heading for the Eucharis in hopes of redocking with the craft's underside.

Yaichiro did his best to keep moving and evade, since he couldn't re-dock with the shields up either...if he there weren't NMX craft up there ready to orbitally bombard the shuttle the moment it used more of its Aether Generator for shielding, he might have had more options.

"Shuttle is on its way, intending to dock with the ventral hatch, Taisa." He said to Hanako. However at this point in time, he had no way of knowing how many people were rescued. Nor how many of the team sent down was returning.

He decided that he would do what he could to ensure their safe return. With the shuttle on its way, Sune set the Heavy Quad Anti-Mecha Cannons guns to provide cover for the shuttle, targetting any of the Rippers that attempted to interfer and the Heavy Dual Anti-Starship Gun Turrets to fire upon any additional Shredders that appeared.

"Taisa, I have a suggestion once the people onboard the shuttle get into the Eucharis. If we are pursued, we autopilot the shuttle and set it on an intercept trajectory to the closest ship and overload its engines when it gets close. It might buy us enough extra time to get away." He offered.

Hanako dropped the shields just long enough for the shuttle to get in the Eucharis' CFS bubble and then raised shields. The climb to orbital height was a bumpy one, with the gunship taking intense fire from multiple ships, causing the people inside to be jerked around violently.

Because NMX ships were arriving, the ones present had their anti-FTL fields down. Hanako didn't wait for them to change strategy. She went to maximum warp from the upper atmosphere, cleared the area, stopped for a moment, and then made a quick hyperspace fold to the Veronica system.

Continued in [Mission 10.3] Recovery And Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back