• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.3] Back Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Eucharis

"Huh." Michael said, scratching his head as he slung the massive sword over his back. "I guess that it is, Kiko." The Elysian shrugged, moving with Kiko towards the Armor Bay. "Maybe I'll get to repaint my Hikael before we get deployed on an away mission, Kiko."

Engineering

"Wonder why we are being deployed without a full repair though," Takeyu rubbed his chin in thought as he typed with one hand. It was curious to him, he was expecting the ship to be fully repaired before they were sent back out but instead only the most serious of damage was repaired, at least to his eyes.

Though he had another thought. How did the NMX find us so quickly though? I mean we weren't even on the planet for very long before we were suddenly attacked.

"This is just weird... first the YSS Freedom, then Mitsuya..." he thought aloud.

YSS Eucharis, on the way to the Armor Bay
"Doubtful. Not even the ship was recollored the way it is supposed to be," Kiko pointed out, falling into step beside the Elysian. "That does not indicate an abundance of paint."

Kumiko shrugged. "What's weird about it? We always get the big missions that make no sense. This is just another one in a long line of missions. And we're probably trying to get out and finish something up, so they just don't have enough time or something." She was currently running a diagnostic of her own, trying to figure out whether or not the systems would all be operating at full capacity or not.

YSS Eucharis, Entering the Armor Bay

"There wasn't enough paint to give the old girl her usual white and red paint-scheme, Kiko. Doesn't mean that we're out of paint enti- Madre Del Dio." The Elysian was cut off mid-sentence as the pair entered the armor bay, his voice in awe at the 'upgrade' to his Hikael.

Though, to be truthful, it was not exactly an upgrade so much as it was a total replacement of Michael's Hikael with an up to date MCAS.

Engineering

Takeyu shook his head then glanced over at Kumiko. "No, no, didn't mean the repairs being wierd," he corrected quickly. "What I meant was the NMX. We ran into a gunship while heading on the mission to rescue the YSS Freedom's survivors, in foldspace, what are the odds?" he asked but then added quickly. "Then we have Mitsuya, we weren't even there that long before the NMX were right on top of us," he used his free hand to type in the commands needed to run a diagnostics on the sensor array. "I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking the situation, but still...."

Kiko watched Michael's face for a moment to be sure that she was reading his expression right. "Congratulations, Michael-hei," she said calmly.

YSS Eucharis, Armor Bay

The Elysian nonchalantly reached to his side, petting his Nekovalkyrja companion, scratching her head. "You don't need to say anything like that, Kiko. This just means that I'll be able to work better with the rest of the away team now."

YSS Eucharis, armor bay

"As much as I enjoy the affection," Kiko began telepathically, before switching to speech, "we are on duty, Michael-hei." She looked around the restored bay.

Armor Bay

About 20 suits of armor were in the shiny new bay; there was one for every crew member. At one end was Hanako’s replacement Mindy 1H ECM/Fire Support armor, and then a long row of mostly stock Mindy 2s with LASR-SLAGs and butt packs. There didn’t seem to be any accessories, though. A search of the ship’s records indicated six replacement teleportation units had been delivered and were secured in the armory, but that was about it. The storage compartments were pretty bare. The infantry troops inside could see the white interior of the repair area through the open bay doors.

Bridge

As the gangway was pulled back and final hatches secured, Hanako gently lifted the ship off its landing pad and got her moving out into one of the Iori-class Star Fortress’s 16 main shipyard bays, passing damaged starships on her way out. The other ships of the Second Squadron joined the Eucharis, following in a straight line. In a minute, they were back out in space. Throughout the ship, the various systems hummed as full power came online.

Armor Bay

The local sun shined brightly into the armor bay, casting long shadows from the rows of armor racks, which moved around the bay as Hanako turned the ship in the direction of the UOC. Outside, they could see the nearby station’s large, round form out one door and the nearby nebula out the other. The armored bay doors began to close with as the ship got ready to jump.

Engineering

All systems looked green, except for the dorsal quantum mirror sensors. Apparently they had not been replaced.

Engineering

Takeyu scowled at the diagnostic report. I was hoping everything had been replaced, sensors being one of our more important systems, I'd have expected those to be done with already, he tapped the edge of his station before turning toward the Chusa. "Chusa? Dorsal quantom mirror sensors are not showing up as operational," he said simply.

YSS Eucharis, armor bay

"Even if we're on duty or not, Kiko," Michael responded, stretching as he looked around the bay. "I only did that out of what was mostly boredom." The Elysian's eyes narrowed as he took up the state of the bay. "Since we're here, we might as well take an inventory and make sure that everything that is supposed to be here IS here."

Bridge

Sune reviewed the results of his diagnostics, the primary sensors were in nominal operation range. The quantum sensors were offline, Not surprising those are not standard KFY equipment. He adjusted his screens so that the non-operational sensors would not be on the screen.

He watched as Hanako flew the ship out of the bay.

"Taisa, are we traveling with any other ships besides the rest of our squadron?"

Armor Bay

"Ah," Kiko said, not showing her disappointment. She took a moment to appreciate the view in the bay until the door closed, then began walking down the row of armors, counting them, and relaying her findings to Charisma if they differed from the inventory list.

YSS Eucharis, Armor Bay

Michael hummed to himself as he went about the work, the tune of some elysian opera keeping his mind off of how boring the work is.

"Well, Kiko, I see two things about this," the elysian started, crossing his arms. "On one hand, the ship is mostly repaired. On the other hand, we're being sent back out into combat, and will probably get a whole ton of squids on us. They'll probably send a stronger ground force to deal with us too, after what we did to that landing ship."

Turning to the neko, Michael grinned at her. "I'm glad to have someone I trust on my back."

Armor bay

"Thank you, Michael-hei," Kiko said quietly. Empress, please let me become worthy of his trust.

YSS Eucharis, Armor bay

Michael grinned, patting Kiko's head again. "You don't need to thank someone for telling ya the truth, Kiko." he continued to ruffling her hair, scratching her scalp while grinning stupidly and lazily.

"Besides, when we survive this coming mission, I'll take you and a friend out to one of the best restaurants wherever we're docked at."

Kiko raised an eyebrow at Michael, quietly enjoying the patting. "A friend as well? I don't know if the Taisa will be able to attend, and I don't believe that Layven-san's body has matured enough for such things. Would an acquaintance be acceptable?"

YSS Eucharis, Armor Bay

Michael's petting stopped abruptly as he looked at Kiko, thinking about the implications of what she said before sighing in defeat, hanging his head. "Why not Kumiko-Heisho? She's a friend of yours, right? And I would actually like to meet her. Not to mention, she isn't hard on the eyes."

Kiko telepathically sent Kumiko an invitation in her mail. "She is more of an acquaintance. I doubt that we will know if she accepts our invitation until the end of the mission, as she is an engineer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…