• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Mission 12: Movers and Shakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 46.2
RP Location
Âmuarpoku Star System
fetch.php

YE 46.2

YSS Resurgence
Âmuarpoku Star System

After emerging from the wormhole and doing some patrol missions, the Resurgence received a special assignment from Taisho Kessaku Irim. Captain Aoba called a meeting in the ship's dojo were everyone could hear the news during their morning exercise sessions. As the crew gathered, mostly dressed in white ringer T-shirts and regal blue shorts, and sneakers, Captain Aoba stood on an an antique-looking wooden vaulting block so everyone could see him.

"Good morning," Taisa Aoba greeted the Resurgence crew. "We are heading into the territory of our ally, the Hidden Sun Clan, which is also, called the Poku Saeruo Degonjo in their language. We will be picking up a guest who is preparing for the upcoming International Relations Conference of YE 46. This is a rare opportunity and I'd like to make a good impression, so I expect everyone to be at their best and represent the Empire well. Additionally, please make sure to meet and welcome our newest crew members."

“Will do, sir!” the SAINT analyst aboard the ship said. Mineko’s dark purple hair was tied up in her characteristic pair of buns with one loping segment of hair above the crown of her head and another at the nape of her neck, separated by a simple crimson cloth. The red tie flopped against her back as she continued to stretch as Aoba spoke and she smiled as she bent into a lunge then out of it. She had spent the last few weeks in and out of SAINT missions and training alongside working on making her property something along the lines of liveable. It had been difficult but rewarding work that made a smile pick up the edges of her mouth even when there was little reason for a smile from her.

WAMP! Someone hit the mat hard. There was a moments pause before the woman got back to her feet and reached for a towel. The tall woman had lightning bolt tattoos running down her arms and legs and a single bolt over her left eye. She eyed Yayoi, her sparing partner a moment as she wiped her face off then grabbed a bottle of water. Sanda, one of the ships Rangers, was about as tough as they came, but had almost suffered a mental breakdown after their last mission. She had requested some leave to get her head on straight and had spend a week with her sister, neice and nephew. Then she was able to arrange some time with her husband. That went a very long way to getting the Ranger back in the right headspace. She also had a couple of much needed sessions with a Star Army counsoler and although still had a few sessions to go had been cleared to return to duty. Sanda had cut her hair while on leave as well. Her normally long wavy dark brown hair tied up into a ponytail had been cut short. It dangled just above the tops of her shoulders. It also had sevearl bright blue highlights streaking through it that were the same colors as her tattoos.

Yayoi glanced to Sanda, especially as she heard about the guest, curiousity filled her. She wiped sweat off her brow.

Erika knelt near the front of the assembly, dressed in a white gi with a green belt. She had to make her way from the VR room where she practiced lethal and debilitating strikes on holograms. Neko regeneration factors made it possible to practice on living targets, but they tend not to op back in after their eye's have been gouged out. Like Mineko she'd been deployed on SAINT missions, some of them even along side her crew mate, but a good portion of them had her walking off grid to an outpost, drop off a resupply and become courier to some middle importance intelligence package.

Cheilith was sitting on the wall, waiting for her chance to spar. Her dark hair contrasted with her white gi.

Chiheisen leaned against a wall as she listened in to the briefing being presented. The Elysian was clad in some simple, standard issue excersize clothing, silently chugging on a water bottle. Thanks to the time off in between missions, her body had gotten to fully heal from having been rather unceremoniously broken repeatedly.

Kawa Euikoshi, the green-haired science officer, ran a hand through her hair and told everyone, "This system, Âmuarpoku, meaning "clan dream" in Takavonai language, is a Star Army battle site. Prior to the Hidden Sun Clan's colonization in YE 35, this was the capital system of the NMX, and was known as Aetherus Haven. The SMN government was based here, and its destruction marked the end of the Second Mishhuvurthyar War. So we're in what was once Mishhuvurthyar space."

"We will be arriving soon at YSS Kyōryoku, YK-C1-0007, a Kisaki-class Starbase operated by the Scientific Studies Service, to welcome our guest aboard," Aoba added, looking over everyone. "That's all for now. Enjoy your exercise," he said, floating back down to the floor.

"Captain." Sanda called out. "Do you need us to form an honor guard to welcome our guest aboard?"

"That sounds nice," Aoba nodded.

Yuri looked over to her captain, mid drink as he arrived with his announcement. A smile played on her lips. guest meant new friend. Yuri hoped she could meet them.

Cheilith jumped up, "All right, let's get it done."

"Captain," Erika started, "Does the delegate have their own security arrangements or are we taking full responsibility?"

"No, we are responsible for their safety," Aoba replied to Erika.

Yuri raised her hand "Captain permission to meet them when they arrive?" Yuri asked with a sweet innocent smile.

"See Sanda," Aoba told Yuri.

Sanda saluted Aoba then called out to the others. "Those who want to be on Honor duty get into your Class A's and meet in the Shuttle bay in 5 mins." To Yuri she added, "Yes, but no hugging till after you've been dismissed."

Yuri saluted Sanda with a smile on her face. She knew she could be patient until after being dismissed for hugging.

"Hai" Chiheisen acknowledged in response to Sandas orders. She scooted off from her wall-corner to go change.

"Hai" Yayoi said, then glanced to her daughter, like of course, Yuri would want to meet and hug them.

"Captain would you like me to form a security detail for our guest?" Yoshiro asked Aoba

"Sanda Hoshi is leading it," Aoba said. "See her for the details."

"Yes sir." Yoshiro said and went to change his uniform.

Shuttle Bay

In the Resurgence's Shuttle Bay, Hachirobei Sakuko's Ke-T7 cargo shuttle came to a rest and the rear door opened to reveal a new face. Sakuko climbed out of the cockpit seat and through the hatch into the passenger/cargo compartment. "Welcome aboard the Resurgence, Hayashi Kokoro," she told the newcomer.

Kokoro jumped awake from a slumped sitting position, the Nekovalrkrja letting out a small 'eep' as she was spooked a bit by Sakuko's words. She got up and out of the seat after unbuckling, giving Sakuko a salute. "Ah! Arigato- Sakuko-Heisho" She smiled, one of her eyes blinking repeatedly as she woke up, strolling out of the shuttle bays as she tried to wake herself up as best she could.

Sakuko checked the time, then started lugging the large pallet with Kokoro's Mindy armor out of the shuttle by a cargo strap. It rolled along the wheels and tracks of the shuttle's cargo area and came sliding down the ramp into the shuttlebay. "Right now, the crew is probably still at PT. Breakfast will be served in the wardroom soon. First, you'll want to report to the captain or XO and then sometimes today you'll need a medical exam from Dr. Poppy. He's a map of the ship," Sakuko said, transmitting one via wireless telepathy.

"Oh! Alright- Arigato gozaimazu!" Kokoro repeated once again towards Sakuko as the latter hauled away the newcomers Mindy aboard. She stood around the shuttle bay for a bit, a bit taken aback by all the equipment and stuff being moved about. This was her first time aboard a Fuji Class after all...

Four minutes and 45 seconds later Sanda was in her class A's with a her rows of ribbons across her chest. As the others made it into the shuttle bay she had them line up in formation, spaced exactly and walked down the line making sure each one's uniform was exactly to form. She smiled to herself, she had always wanted to be SEA. Too bad they were being fazed out.

Cheilith was just behind Sanda in her type 35 class A duty uniform. Lining up at Sanda's direction to greet their guest.

Yoshiro was in the shuttle bay in his class A uniform and went to talk to Sanda about his job. "Sanda-heisho, did you need me to do anything, like security or whatever?" Yoshiro asked.

Chiheisen snapped into the lineup as easily as a well placed lego piece, the Elysian fully dressed in her immaculate Type-35 Class A uniform. The Elysian stood at attention, her wings neatly folded behind.

Sanda looked Yoshiro up and down a moment then said, "Straighten your collar a bit." She then smiled. "No just line up. We're just welcoming our guest aboard. Security will come later."

Yayoi lined with the others, and beside her was her daughter looking excited.

Yoshiro straightened up his collar and nodded. "All right." Yoshiro said and then made sure his uniform was straightend up as well.

As the honor guard lined up outside the shuttle, it quickly became apparent that the "guest" coming out of the shuttle was a random looking Santo Hei.

"We'll be docking with the station in about two minutes," Gabriela's voice called over the intercom. "Hint: I'm extending the port side docking port airlock on deck 2."

"Bless you Gabriela." Sanda sent to the ship's pilot. She would have felt like such a fool if she had set up an honor guard and then had them line up on the wrong side of the ship.

"So...uh, who's this, then?" Cassie asked, scratching her head with her claws. She looked at Kokoro in confusion. "Uh, are we still at attention?" she added in a whisper.

"..." Kokoro was still looking around, before she was distracted by Cassie looking at her. Listening in, she tilted her head in confusion, before realizing the Heisho was reffering to her. "...Eh? Uhm... koooonichiwaaa?" She said, dragging it out a little bit as she seemed to shrug a bit.

"No, at ease." Sanda said as she looked around to see if any officer was coming to welcome their real guest when it was time. She hardly even noticed the new girl.

Cheilith relaxed, trying to figure out what they were going to do next.

Yoshiro looked at the Santo hei. "Welcome to the Resurgence Santo Hei." Yoshiro said to the Santo hei.

Chiheisen simply blinked into a deadpan as the newcomer akwardly laughed, a bit confused by the whole situation.

Yayoi and Yuri had different reactions to the newcomer. Yuri simply smiled, while Yayoi looked deadpaned.

Deck 2 - Port Airlock

After a few laughs and a quick two flights of stairs, the team made it with time to set up as the YSS Resurgence extended its flexible docking tube to an airlock on the SSS's slender, 4-armed space station. Captain Aoba was waiting there in his Class A uniform.

Sanda, having finally gotten people to the correct spot took a deep breath. She would have probably died of shame if she had messed this up. She reached up to retie her pony tail and paused. She kept forgetting that she had cut her hair and wasn't wearing it in a pony tail at the moment. Nervous habit.

Yoshiro made a final check on his uniform and combed his hair quickly. He put his comb in his pocket and stood at ease.

Yuri was really trying not to giggle as it was apparent that they'd made a mistake. Yayoi's eye was twitching.

The Resurgence's only Elysian remained in attention, idling as the crew awaited the arrival of their actual guest.

Cheilith lined up with everyone else waiting eagerly for the representative to arrive.

"Attention on deck!" Sanda called out coming to attention herself.

Yoshiro snapped to attention when Sanda called the honor guard to attention and stood at attention for the guest.

Yayoi and Yuri snapped to attention. Remember Yuri, behave yourself Yayoi telepathically sent to yuri.

The tube door opened, permitting the entry of one of the People of the Clan. He is a Qaktoro, the tallest and most numerous of the different interrelated species that makes up the Hidden Sun Clan. He was a little over six and a half feet tall, standing on a pair of sandaled digitigrade legs. His dress was form-fitting, and a bold maroon color bordered by rich gold trim. A cloth sash in an even bloodier color of red encircled his waist, and a sleeveless white tunic and trousers completed the uniform. Crests and insignias identified his Sect, House and Family, as well as his achievements. His feline face was relaxed but watchful, and his expression was interrupted only by a trio of scars which very well may have been made by the claws of another of his own species. His eyes were heterochromatic; his left was ocean blue, the right was jade green. The hilts of a pair of blades could be seen buried in scabbards attached to the sash on his left hip, and on his right hip, a firearm was holstered.

He blinked his differently-colored eyes, and looked at those assembled with careful study. He was trying to spot the various rank insignias present, indicated by his eyes squinting in those directions. He brought both of his arms up to his chest, the hands closed, and he bowed to Captain Aoba. For those who knew, this was a formal ‘salute’ for their military system, indicating deference to the Captain’s higher rank.

He spoke with a deep baritone voice, and his command of the language was decent, but not impeccable. His words were slow, and his tone was serious and formal, though cultural differences could make that impression unreliable. “I am Senior Journeyman Toidorno Sejgui. The rank and res...pon...sibility I hold is... similar to your supervisory Officer positions immediately beneath the position of Captain. I believe ‘Officer Toidorno’ would be an appropriate... way to address I. To address me.” He nodded with finality; apparently, clarifying his rank, position and form of address is important enough to work out immediately.

"Welcome aboard the YSS Resurgence, Officer Toidorno," Captain Aoba said, offering a handshake. "We are pleased to transport you to planet Yamatai. Let me show to your guest cabin. We will be serving breakfast soon. Would you care to join us?"

Yuri quietly looks at their true guest with awe and reverence. She was certain she could hug him once dismissed of course.

Toidorno, having studied the ‘maneuver’, reaches out tentatively and completes the handshake, taking care to keep his claws well retracted. “Yes, Captain Aoba.” He seemed uncertain for a moment, realizing he didn’t know what a ‘breakfast’ was or how to provide service for it. Deciding he will figure it out as he went along, he declared: “I will surrender my weapons if your ship’s laws demand it.” Left unspoken was the fact that he had other weapons built in to his very body; those he could not easily surrender.

"The Hidden Sun Clan is our trusted ally, and this is a Star Army ship. You may arm yourself as you see fit," Aoba replied.

He nodded again, briefly scanning those present to see how many of them, if any, were armed, before following along wordlessly.

With the guest welcomed aboard, Sanda dismissed the honor guard to get changed out of their dress uniforms before heading to breakfast.

Yuri practically squeaked as she was dismissed but she tried to remain calm, as she approached Officer Toidorno.

Wardroom

Once everyone was done exercising, greeting Toidorno, and getting their stuff dropped off in their cabins, the action moved to the wardroom where Chef Ross and Julix had been working hard to produce a huge breakfast spread with waffles, many types of fruits, sausages and bacon, fried and scrambled eggs, french toast, blackened fish, and other goodness. It smelled amazing.

After getting out of her class A's and back into her duty uniform, Sanda hurried to the Wardroom. She piled her plate high with food and grabbed two cups of juice along with a cup of coffee. She sat down and tucked into her food. Not quite with the same ferocity as she usually did, which was to wolf down her food as fast as she could without pausing to even taste it.

Yoshiro changed out of his class A uniform, he went to the ward room for breakfast. He went to get some blackened fish, some eggs and a bowl of rice. "Good job as always Chef Ross" Yoshiro said to the chef. He grabbed a cup of green tea and sat down to eat.

"Thank you!" Rossa told Yoshiro, giving him a little kiss on both cheeks in return.

"Been awhile," Mineko said as she paddled out a simple bowl of rice as she sidled up next to Yoshiro. "But I wanted to say thanks for keeping us all together on that last mission."

"It's my job as a Joto Heisho. That and you are all my crewmates too and I would not leave my crewmates to the "tender" mercies of the Mishhu." Yoshiro said to Mineko with a smile. "Besides I would risk my life for you and the rest of the crew." He took his chopsticks and took a bite of his blackened fish and some rice which he washed down with a sip of green tea.

"I can tell," Mineko said, smiling warmly as she tucked into her own rice. "Just wanted to let you know how I appreciate being able to see that through your leadership, Yoshiro-sama."

"Please just call me Yoshiro. No need for honorifics or anything." Yoshiro said with a smile and took another bite of his food. "At least when we are not on a mission. If you have to refer to me as anything refer to me as Joto Heisho."

"See," Mineko said pointedly. "This is why I like you. Very professional! Keep it up, Joto Heisho!"

"Thank you, Mineko. I really appreciate your compliments" Yoshiro said and took another bite of his food. "You, Mineko are definitely doing a great job too you know. Do you know that?"

Mineko smiled, scrunching up her blue and red eyes. "Don't try to turn this around, now. I was complimenting you and have been meaning to for awhile. Would you really take the wind out of my sails so carelessly?"

"No but what we do is a team effort and you are a part of that team." Yoshiro said and smiled. "Always remember that we work together, Mineko." He took another bite of his food and drank some tea.

"I'm glad I said something," Mineko said. "Have a good rest of your breakfast, Joto Heisho."

"Thank you, Mineko. I hope I did not offend you or anything." Yoshiro said and then sipped

"Not at all!" Mineko said as she walked away, but she stopped short to turn and look Yoshiro straight on and nod her head. "You're good, as always!"

"Ojalá se acordara de dirigirse a mí adecuadamente." Sanda muttered under her breath as she took another bite of food.

Officer Toidorno found a way to sit in the chair without scrunching his tail, and he looked about at the others seated. He put his food plate together haphazardly; a waffle sat atop two sausages on a plate, and he filled a drinking cup with bacon. It didn’t take him long to see how others arranged their foot, so he casually tried to move it around like theirs.

Kokoro Hayashi was in the middle of devouring a waffle as the crew began to pour into the wardroom. She was a pretty fierce eater, and had somehow managed to get the entire god forsaken waffle inside her cheeks, trying to chew on it to the best of her ability.

"I want to warn you about the beetle," Euikoshi told Judah, Toidorno and Kokoro, "Our chief engineer is telepathically bonded to a large blue alien beetle. It will not harm you, but you may have to duck every so often," she told them. "I just didn't want you to think it was a pest. In fact, Bidole has become a valuable crew member and helps with repairs."

Judah took a small sip from his cup as he listened closely to Euikoshi, pausing as he placed his cup down, letting out a sigh. "A beetle, that is very interesting to hear, but understood, stay vigilant and all." Picking up the cup he downed the remaining water as he gently placed it onto the table in front of him.

"MMm!" Koko nodded towards Euikoshi as the latter warned them about Bidole. "Mmphit a dromff or sumthinff?" She asked, rather muffledly for... obvious reasons...

"A whaa?" Euikoshi tilted her head.

"A dromff!" She hesitated, before chewing as much as she could, and eventually swallowing the whole damned thing. "...Gomenasai, I had a mouthfull...-" She giggled, before continuing on. "A drone!"

Toidorno took a moment and cleared his throat, though the act sounded somehow rehearsed, as though he had read about it in a book as a way to gain attention to something he was about to say. “I understand that, among our cultures... We each share an appreciation for mealtime conversation. I… in-vite you to ask questions of me, about me or my Clan, if you would like. It is not rude.”

Cheilith had her own waffles she had gotten. "So I don't know much about the Clans. What does your culture value?" She asked Toidorno before cutting off a piece and eating it.

Toidorno looks carefully at Cheilith. "Itto Hei..." he paused, not yet knowing her name. "We value the welfare of our Clan, and the honor of the same. We value... family. Doing good. A good hunt. We value killing the Defilers." His differently-colored eyes seemed to flash for a moment. "The ones you call by a name which is difficult for me to say."

"So what is honorable and what isn't?" Cheilith asked.

He smiled, showing a little of the sharp teeth filling his maw. He has yet to take a bite of food, so the teeth remain clean and ivory-white. "You invite a very long and..." He struggled to think of the word for 'philosophical' in the language being spoken. "A very good conversation. You ask a thing debated since our ships traveled to the place we call home. I would... try to summarize..." He pauses to think. "Briefly, to represent one's clan well. To fight and hunt when needed, and to... not, when it is not. It is good to use a thing fully, not to waste it. To raise good healthy children." He thinks more. "To lead one's people thoughtfully. With care for their lives. For your own."

Yuri made her approach of their guest. a polite Yuri style smile on her face, hoping to exude friendliness. "Officer Toidorno, sir, Welcome to the YSS Resurgence, and since you have invited questions... would you like to be friends with me, and do you accept hugs?"

"Santo Hei." he says, spotting Yuri's rank. "I... thank you for your welcoming. My study of a 'friend' is limited, and I... know that different cultures mean different things when they say friend. If Allies accept hugs, then I am honorbound to accept one."

Yuri smiles "Friends mean allies to me." She said before she proceeds to give him a hug.

Toidorno stiffened his back, his tail whipping for just a moment, before he realized this was not the beginning of a wrestling match. He recognized it as a rather close embrace, and he attempts to replicate it. "Hug." he says, repeating the word she used.

Euikoshi explained, "For many years, the Hidden Sun Clan were space travelers, facing many challenges to survive. It was only recently, and with Yamatai's help, that they have been able to settle on planets and attain the bounty of terrestrial life. Their journey has made them smart and efficient, and we value their friendship greatly," she said. "The Hidden Sun Clan has also contributed to the efforts to fight the Mishhuvurthyar before, and continue to contribute to the defense of the Kikyo Sector."

Toidorno overhead the science officer, and nodded in agreement. "The Shoi speaks of us well. And of her people, also well." He frowned for a moment. "Of your empire, I mean."

Poppy appeared over Judah's shoulder, her soft pink hair tumbling down onto him. She softly asked him, "Who has dibs on the medical exam for Kokoro? Would you like to do it, or shall I?"

Judah jumped a little as he wasn't expecting anyone to pop up over his shoulder, he'd take a few seconds to calm down, thinking for a few seconds as he was still very new to his job he tilted his head to the side as he spoke to Poppy. "I mean, if it would be no trouble I could watch you do Kokoro's exam and assist you if possible."

"Alright," Poppy nodded.

"Muffdical Exhffam?" Kokoro asked from near Judah, the Technician trainee, leaning over a little bit. Evidently, she had taken another bite out of another waffle she had on her plate, munching on it rather aggressively.

"We'll take your bio-metric data, DNA, and a full brain scan and memory backup of you to establish a baseline and to give us the opportunity to recreate you if something happens to you," Poppy explained to Kokoro. "Space can be a dangerous place, so it's good to be prepared for anything. Even overcoming death itself."

The Neko made a muffled "Oh", before nodding repeatedly as she continued to chew.

Yayoi enters silently, and blinks her eyes as she spots Yuri, hugging their guest. How long did it take her to hold back?

"Sir?" Sanda address Toidorno. "I noticed you have several blades about your person. May I see one of them? I have a strong interest in blades." She drew her own by way of trade, a long straight blade with a dragon engraved on the blade.

The officer does not hesitate. He scooted the chair back from the table, withdrawing the two scabbarded blades. They are each under a foot in length, perhaps nine inches or so. The scabbards are functional and unadorned, and the hilts of each seem well-formed to be held in hands with rough skin. "Itto Heisho." he says. "This is... Not truly a blade. It has lightning in it. To stop a person without bleeding them." he said. "I will show you how to NOT activate it when you... withdraw it." The other weapon he gestures to. "That one has teeth."

"Lightning you say." The lightning tattooed woman's eyes lighted up and she eyed the blades with even more interest.

"You could experience the lightning, if you wished. It is not... it should not kill you."

Sanda smiled. "My name is Sanda, it means lighting." She rolled up her sleaves to reaveal the lightning tattoos down her arms. "I would love to feel what kind of bite these things have. Please."

The Qaktoro's expression was difficult to read as he observed the tattoos. But it was quickly replaced with a look of... mischief? "You ask me for a bite. I must give you what you ask for." He withdrew the weapon, and it appeared to be a long rectangle of metal with two prongs at the end. He held it aloft, ready to give the Itto Heisho a modest 'zap'.

Sanda flet a jolt of electricity enter her body on her left arm where the Hidden Sun Clan guest zapped her. It was a bit of a shock, but not quite the shock she was expecting. Still her tattoo changed color as it took the shock up her arm and down the other. Sanda's new highlights in her hair even seemed to flash. She had an ear to ear grin on her face. "I've got to get me one of those."

"I will review whether I can provide one for you. Allies may trade gifts, but our Treaty does have certain restrictions. Your laws may also prevent you from receiving gifts."

Pidole and some of the engineering crew arrived, dressed in worker coveralls. Her bright blue beetle was buzzing over the room with loud wing flaps and divebombed a fruit tray, grabbing a huge strawberry as its prize, and then hefted it back towards Pidole's spot at the table.

Deep in his thoughts, which no one could read, Toidorno wondered what the insect tasted like.

Yayoi turned her focus to Sanda and Toidorno and approached.

"Joto Heisho." Toidorno said carefully in greeting. He must have spent a great deal of time memorizing ranks and titles.

Yayoi bowed in respect to their honored guest of the Hidden Sun Clan.

The bow was returned, but not as deeply as Yayoi's. Toidorno had assessed that he was of a higher rank than the enlisted infantry soldier.

"As your medical officer, I advise against riding the lightning," Poppy laughed at Sanda getting zapped. Since she was still in her exercise outfit she pointed at the big tribal cat tattoo on her right thigh. She opened her mouth to say something, but then she stopped herself from making an appropriate joke in front of the guest and did a spin and headed for the buffet.

As everyone ate, the ship went into a space-fold and raced in the general direction of Yamatai.

Yayoi blinked as Sanda got zapped, and found herself stuck between typical Yayoi and a child-like curiosity she never knew she had.

= = =
OOC: JP by Wes, Ame, Cowboy, Charaa, Sunny D, Yoshiro, Liza, Soban, Zanven
Hollander as guest character Toidorno Sejgui

Last edited:
YSS Resurgence
Wardroom

Kokoro chuckled as she munched on some waffles idly, watching Sanda quite literally play with electricity. She thought the whole electricity absorption thing the ranger had going there was pretty dang neat! The Nekovalkrja was then distracted by the Engineering team, as red panels flooded into the room. The trainee waved at Pidole as she swallowed the remnants of a waffle. "Oh! Henitot-Heisho, ho-" She was cut off by something rather strange brushing her back- turning to face what seemed to be like a blue towel? She seemed a little confused, but nevertheless, her interest was piqued... The technician began to tug and poke at the fluffy object, curiously examining. "Oooh.. Whats this? Why is it so soft?"
triggeredchichi.png
Meanwhile, Chiheisen had entered the wardrobe, the Elysian having gotten back into a Type-42 duty uniform. She opted to pick out a small assortment of breakfast and bring it over to a random table. Chichi sighed as she picked up a fork to start ripping at her food, before her nerves sent a nervous shock right through from her left wing...

The rather imposing shadow of the 6 foot tall Elysian towered over Kokoro Hayashi, who slowly turned around in confusion, as she casually probed and tugged at one of the birb's damn wings. The Elysian's face was uncharacteristically red, extremely red, tomato red. Elysian wings were notably very sensitive to being grabbed, and unfortunately for the Infantry, she wasn't an exception to this rule. Chichi was resisting the urge to outright punt the Nekovalkrja tugging at her rather sensitive wings, instead exhaling sharply and menacingly growling... "Do not. Touch that."

Yoshiro's quarters

Yoshiro returned to his quarters to think about the past few missions where he was supposed to lead and did not do that so much as respond to the chaos around him. As well as he had done on the missions, he felt that he had failed as a leader. Even though Mineko said that he has done a good job, he didn't feel like he did. So he decided to talk to the captain om ways that he could improve and help a bit more. He also wanted to lead a team that he had worked with on the Aeon II so he started to write down a proposition to recruit some friends that he served with and start a team with them on the Resurgence. He wrote down his request to the captain and laid down to take a nap.

YE 46.2

YSS Resurgence

Everyone was having tons of fun with the diplomat aboard and had even started an impromptu rave in the wardroom. Upon Dr. Poppy's orders, nobody was allowed to wear tops of any kind, so most of the crew were naked from at least the waist up. Tiered fountains of the soda named after the resident medic were streaming down, ready to have cups ladled underneath them and multi-colored lights danced around wildly while the room's main running lights were dim and atmospheric.

The next day, the Resurgence entered the Koenic star system. Captain Aoba got on the intercom and gave everyone a briefing. "Resurgence crew, this is your captain. We are making a stop in the Koenic Star System to check on the locals there. The system is in Yamatai Star Empire territory but has yet to join Yamatai, so let's do our best to make a great impression, prepare an away team. No power armor this time," he told the crew. "Euikoshi?"

Euikoshi followed with some basic information about the system and planet. "The Koenic System was part of the Qel'noran Empire, which fell in YE 26 after it tried to rebel against Yamatai. Most of the Qel'noran died or left. In YE 29 it was a battle site in the First Mishhuvurthyar War where the YSS Miharu tricked the SMX with false orders. Taisho Yui was able to ambush them. The Fifth Expeditionary Fleet also had a battle here that year. After the International Relations Conference of YE 30, the system was surrendered to the Nepleslian Empire. But the NMX took it over in the Second Mishhuvurthyar War. In YE 34, the Star Army Fourth Fleet drove them out. Since then it's been pretty quiet."

"So the Empress wants us to take a look," Aoba added.

Yoshiro was in his quarters when he heard the mission and and headed to the ward room. He listened as he walked in to the ward room without his shirt on and went to grab a drink of the soda and listened to the music. "This tastes good, gonna have to get a case for my quarters." Yoshiro said as he sipped the soda. He listened as Euikoshi briefed them about the planet they were about to visit.

Yuri looked up as she listened to the captain, and pondered on joining the away mission with the away mission.

Toidorno Sejgui, former First Officer of the storied Hidden Sun Clan ship, the Yome Ismâopate, and now de facto Ambassador of the Clan, listened carefully to the briefing given by the Captain. His furry ears twitched thoughtfully. He was in the Dojo, being careful to keep the claws of his feet free of the wooden floor; leaving scratches on its surface would’ve been terribly embarrassing. “The Ko-enn-ick system...” he repeated to himself in his native language, trying to work out the word ‘Koenic’. He was, compared to the crew of the Resurgence, only a modest explorer, but he suspected that each of them felt just as much excitement as he did about seeing a new place and meeting new people.

Bringing her undershirt over her hair, Mineko thought idly about the Koenic system, looking into it in her digital mind even as Euikoshi briefed them on the statistical facts. But, oftentimes the facts laid bare only revealed a surface-level truth. She started scanning the InterNep for anything said about the system since it had once been held by Nepleslians. The analyst was quick to run to her cabin to pull out her explorer's uniform for its first use.

Erika's thoughts were of the last time they wen't to a long silent battlefield from a previous Mishhuvurhtyar conflict as she donned her explorer uniform. She then pulled her Nomad Drone out of her locker. The machine hovered in the air before attaching to the armor on her back, folding its AG foils in tightly, looking like a small back pack.

Yayoi glanced over and listened.

Sanda listened to the briefing given by Euikoshi. Her shirt was still securly on where it belonged. She didn't take her shirt off for anybody. Well ok, she did take her shirt off for somebody. She smiled to herself as she thought about her husband. She shook her head and asked, "Any particular reason we're going with explorer suits and not PA this time?"

In the Dojo, Toidorno, who had been briefed on how to make use of the ship's internal communications system, routed a communications request to the bridge and waited patiently. He felt it would be prudent to ask whether the Captain believed their first contact mission would be helped or hindered by his own presence on the away team.

"Aoba here," the captain answered promptly.

“Captain Aoba. This is your guest, Officer Toidorno. I heard your communications, and I would offer my services to your Away Team, if you would have me. As a representative of a staunch ally of your Empire, my presence and words could do well in… making a great impression. I would, of course, follow the guidance of your ranking officers, and would endeavor to represent your Empire properly.”

"Absolutely, please join the others in the shuttle bay," Aoba agreed. It was always good for their close allies to see them in action.

"Yes, Captain." Toidorno replied, ever the formal officer.

Medical Lab

Yuri arrived in the Medical bay. "Oh, Sempai, you're going on the mission?' Yuri asked.

"We should send down at least one medic," Poppy replied to Yuri. "Do you want to go?"

"i kinda do, I want to explore somewhere new, but if you'd rather I not and stay on the ship, it's okay." Yuri said always eager to please.

"Go for it then! Call me if you need me," Poppy smiled.

Yuri smiled and gathered what she would need and hurried.

Shuttle Bay

Kokoro Hayashi floated into the shuttle bay with a dumb grin, the Nekovalkrja clad in a shiny new, red panelled Star Army Explorer Uniform. The Technician was itching to get off of the Resurgence and do something for once- even if it wasnt combat or engineering. She waited around as the others on the away team began to trickle in, double checking that she had her NSP strapped securely in its holster.

Yoshiro went in to the shuttle bay with his shirt on and wearing his explorer uniform. He had his pistol and was ready to meet the people of Koenic. He was carrying an SMG and an NSP with him to protect the away team in case of a fight. He boarded the shuttle quickly and sat down.

Wearing her black paneled explorer's uniform, Mineko pushed a science scanner into a large pocket on her thigh and her NSP into a concealed holster within the other outer pocket. She stashed a few more items in different cargo pockets and pulled at the creases where her thighs met her hips, trying to stretch out the uniform's fabric in the area.

"Riding Beryls of Fun today?" Looking around, Mineko thought to ask which shuttle they were taking, even though it was

Beryl Leyton came down to the shuttle bay and fired up her cargo shuttle, giving Mineko a V sign as she passed on the way to the cockpit. Euikoshi joined her up front.

Yuri hurried into the shuttle bay and then up to the shuttle. "hii! just the medic trainee today!" She said happily.

"Looks like it!" Mineko said, "All aboard!"

Erika slid an NSP into her thigh holster and placed a Tailho SMD in a small pack along with additonal magazines which she slung on her back. Considering this was a diplomatic mission she didn't want to brandish a rifle. She also took a stick of type 35 explosive and some charges as discretely as possible. No one had limted their arsenal, but walking around with some explosive charges went against the spirit of the operation.

Sanda hurried into the shuttle bay. She was probably packing the most firepower on her and the funny thing was aside from shotgun, she wasn't packing anything that she didn't already carry on her day to day ship duty. Two bayonets, a NSP in an ancle hoster and her SiZi plasma revolver. Almost as an afterthought, she grabbed Arc. Arc was what she called her kantana. She had been training with the Koyama, the Resugence's first officer and had become quite skilled with the sword. Both Arc and the shotgun were slung over her shoulders and covered with her camo-cloak.

Kokoro stopped floating as she hopped up and into the shuttle, taking a seat at any random available seat she could find. She tapped her boots against the floor idly, peering out the window of the 'Beryls of Fun'.

Yuri took a seat beside Sanda feeling very excited for her first away mission.

Officer Toidorno, with the assistance of the ship's cadre of drones, found his way to the shuttle bay shortly after changing into an explorer uniform designed by, and for, his people. It was of the same maroon color as his formal clothing, trimmed with gold as well. It was designed with the same purpose in mind as the explorer's uniforms of the others; meant to help an exploring soldier safe and healthy in unusual environments.

Toidorno retained his weapons, but was prepared to surrender them or change them out for Yamataian alternatives, if so ordered. He had requisitioned a communications device from the ship, which would allow the team to contact him as they so chose. He also brought along water, and a few packages of Star Army Kanpan by choice. Though the hardtack was intended to serve as a long-term emergency ration, he'd developed an odd taste for the stuff since he'd first tasted it several years ago.

Erika sat up in her seat seeing the diplomat boarding, her eyes rather wide. "Um," She opened a channel to the captain. "Sir, Diplomat Toidorno has just arrived looking as though he is intent on joining us. How do you want us to proceed?"

"Treat him as a member of the team," Aoba simply said.

"Roger that, but you don't want any specific security arrangements? Someone assigned to close personal protection?" Erika asked, some what increduiously.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/643/329/30f.gif

"Aye sir." Erika said before cutting the line "Its your ass." she muttered under her breath.

Sanda took note that Toidorno had joined them on the shuttle. She knew that Aoba had granted the diplomat permison to join them but wasn't thrilled with the idea. She a private message to the rest of the away team. "Captain has allowed our guest to tag along. I want two people to keep an eye on him while were out. Just two. Everyone else keeps there eyes on what we're doing here."

"I volunteer." Erika said, placing her hand up.

Sanda smiled, Erika would be more that enough to keep their guest out of trouble. She nodded worklessly to the opertive, knowing that Erika didn't need any more than that.

Yuri blinked as the diplomat joins, but smiled and waved.

Wordlessly, Toidorno returned Yuri's gesture. 'That's the hugging one, I believe', the thought to himself, remembering the unusual (to him) exchange of closeness.

Planet Koenic

Moments later, after everyone was aboard, the Ke-T7 shuttlecraft "Beryls of Fun" left the gunship and rocketed down into the atmosphere of planet Koenic, a bright streak behind it. The shuttle slowed to a slow hover and, after getting clearance, landed in a spaceport just outside one of the major cities.

When the shuttle's door opened, they were hit with a rush of dry, dusty air from the arid planet. An orange sun hung in a hazy sky above with the skyline of an urban center below, tucked among rocky tan mountains and stretchs of sandy dunes. The temperature was 38C (100.4 F).

Yoshiro was thinking about the people of the planet and their culture so he didn't mess up the mission. He had made sure to bring extra ammo for his weapons and made sure that they weren't loaded right away, making sure that he wasn't going to scare anyone. He was hit by the dust and coughed a bit as he caught the dust in his throat. "It is warm out here, isn't it?"Yoshiro asked no one in particular. He stepped off the shuttle and looked around.

Officer Toidorno winced briefly against the light of the orange sun, raising a paw to shield his eyes against its glare. It was quite a different shade of color from the red dwarf star above Âmuar, in the system where the Resurgence had retrieved him only a day ago. He’d been on arid worlds before, and he made a note to remain on alert for biting insects or reptiles. He nodded at Yoshiro's assertion that it was warm. "It is indeed." he replied, so that the soldier wouldn't feel like he was talking to no one.

Euikoshi came out of the cockpit area and joined the others at the door of the shuttle. "It looks like they are using some of the old buildings with newer construction. The architecture is a mix of Qel'noran and Delsaurian."

"Best case scenario, the locals want us to help out with something funky going on in the Qel'noran ruins I've read rumors about," Mineko wished out loud, squinting into the desert landscape.

A little sneeze came from a certain Nekovalrja Technician as she disembarked. Kokoro rubbed her nose a little, having been rather surprised by the arid, sandy nature of the planet. She smirked, seeming to scan along the city, taking it all in.

Mineko absentmindedly looked down to Kokoro, "First sneeze ever?"

"E-eh? Oh nah-" Kokoro nervously chuckled as she turned her head towards Mineko, sniffling a bit as she inhaled to clear her nose. "Just not used to this kinda climate! ...first time."

As the team emerged from the shuttle, a Delsaurian male came over to greet them. "Good morning," he said. When he talked they could see hundreds of tiny teeth in its massive mouth, that was larger than a AMES helmet. He had a deep voice that had a sort of "bullfrog call" quality to it. "The name is Xerxo, I'm told you want a tour or something?" he said, looking them over with mild suspicion. "You don't look like diplomats," he said seeing all the guns.

Yuri looked around with interest as she took in the sights. "So.. this is a different planet other than Yamatai." She said to herself with awe. Then she took note of the male approaching them.

As she disembarked Erika had the holoprojectors on her suit filter out some of the light from the sun and the drone upon her back detach. It overed around with seemingly curious intent before it darted up 100 meters for a birds eye view. She linked it to Toidorno's position, rather than her own.

"Well?" Xerxo asked, getting impatient. "Also, did you bring any gifts?"

Toidorno watched how the team reacted to this Delsaurian, having never seen one before, personally. He had Ambassador's credentials on his person, perhaps those might come in handy sooner rather than later. But surely the crew had credentials of some sort as well.

The silver haired operative stepped forward before the Delsaurian escalated further, "The name's Erika Elster, Ittô Hei in the Star Army. We're a scouting delegation from the Yamatai Star Empire. Forgive our apperance, it has been some time since one of us has been through this area and considering the state of affairs at the moment, its better to be safe than sorry." She ignored the question about gifts hoping it would be forgotten.

Yoshiro watched for any possible trouble and made sure that nothing was out of sorts. He looked at the buildings and was amazed at what they looked at.

Euikoshi ducked into the shuttle again and emerged with a handheld astronavigation device that had golden edged grips in between twinkling clusters of celestial objects.

"Ah, I see you know some of our customs," Xerxo said impressed. "Come with me, I'll show you around."

Officer Toidorno observed as a device was given to the stranger, who had not yet identified his actual role. He could be a grifter, for all they knew, though he had approached the party with apparent knowledge of their goal, and their desire for a tour. ‘They are open-handed with strangers. Generosity, is a fine trait.’ he thought to himself.

Yuri stayed silent, using the famous Yayoi silence, but this was mostly because she was focusing on not squealing. She had to be of a calm sober mind when she asked if she can hug.

"Head count," Euikoshi ordered. "One"

"Dos." Sanda said keeping towards the back of the group where she could keep an eye on everyone. She wanted to make sure no one got seperated from the group and it would allow her to slip away if need be.

"Drei!" Erika called out

"Four!" Yoshiro shouted. He was watching Xerxo and making sure that he wasn't leading them anywhere suspicious.

"Five!" Kokoro said, in a slightly more elevated and firmer tone, compared to how she was speaking earlier.

The Qaktoro was familiar with the Yamataian method of verifying the numbers of present personnel. “Six.” he replied. Kahoku had taught his people, particularly their explorers and soldiers, much of how their military had operated, before she herself had been lost to them in battle and had become part of the Poku'vonai.

Toidorno himself had worked to study their ways further, particularly after being appointed to his current position. It puzzled him, however, that some of the answers didn't match the numbers he was familiar with. Maybe those were callsigns. He made a note that Erika may be 'Dry', and Yoshiro may be 'Fore'. Sanda was... Dose?

"Seven!" Yuri said accidentally squeaking with giddiness before she could calm herself down.

"Hachi," Mineko ended off with Yamataigo for eight.

Xerxo talked as he walked, "This is Fornox City, a mining town built around the gold mining industry. Koenic has unusually huge gold deposits, so much that there's a theory it's the core of a gas giant or something. The Qel'noran used to have a manufacturing base here as well. As you can see there's been a lot of growth over the last few years as we built our prism-towers and expanded," he explained, pointing to the triangle-based architecture.

"Whoa." Yoshiro said as he looked around, impressed. "What did you make here?" He asked, curious. He was awed by the buildings as he was looking at the buildings.

"We make superconductors, Zesuaium precursors, gold electrical systems and connectors, printed circuitboards and femtochips, as well as having an extensive solid ammunition industry mostly selling to Nepleslia," Xerxo told them. "Some of the business people around here have talked about trying to get into the Star Army's military industrial complex. Alright, hop on this hovercar and I'll show you around." Xerxo took the controls of a big flatbed cargo hovercar. "I'm a security officer."

"oooh!' Yuri said with interest as she looked around with great interest.

"Oooh- Nisuuu!" Koko echoed Yuri's interest as she inched a little closer to Xerxo.

"Your people seem to be very hard workers. I am very impressed." Yoshiro said. He boarded the hover car as requested. He was watching for any trouble but he was still awed by the buildings. "How long did it take you to build these buildings?" Yoshiro asked, wanting to get to know more about the planet.

Now that everyone else seemed a bit more talkative with the Delsaurian rep, Erika turned her attention to her task of close personal protection of the ambassador, falling back behind him. Type 33A's had the AIES integrated within, so the feed from the drone could be streamed and controlled directly from her mind. She took a closer look at heat sigs and silhouettes with the advanced optical package aboard the Nomad, attempting to spot anything ahead that might be a threat.

"There's been a lot of debating since the Third Mishhuvurthyar War began," Xerxo told the Star Army team. "We were wondering when you'd come around. People have been arguing about whether or not to stay independent or to try to join the Empire for protection and better economic access. That's where I come in. I have to keep the protestors from getting out of hand. We've even had some...incidents."

"It's challenging to deal with those sort of disagreements." Mineko said, placating before getting to her real question. "What sort of incidents, sir?"

Toidorno's mismatched eyes flicked between the members of the team, wondering if they would want him to speak up here, or remain a quiet observer. It was their call.

Kokoro's smile seemed to falter a little at the mention of the Mishhuvurthyar, letting out a tiny exhale.

Sanda's ears picked up at mention of incidents.

"Hold on, I think we're being followed," Xerxo said, looking in his rear-view mirror.

Yoshiro looked behind the hover truck over his shoulder so as not to attract the other vehicle and tried to confirm what it is going on. "I see vehicles behind us but I can't seem to confirm their intentions right now." Yoshiro said to the drivers."

Yuri blinks feeling a little apprehensive, at hearing they are being followed.

Sure enough a large, well-armed gang of hovercycles was closing in on the team. There were flags with little Yamatai flowers with X symbols over them on the bikes.

Sanda cracked her neck and her nuckles. She was ready to dance if they started playing the music. "Everyone stay calm. We've dealt with Mishhu. A few punks won't be more than we can handle."

Erika pivoted around and pulled the Tailho rifle from the small pack on her back, swiveling it around to her front so she had easy access to the spare magazines. She hid the rifle behind the seat, in her hands ready to go. "Awaiting the order to open fire." The operative said.

"Incidents like this, I'm assuming?" Mineko answered her own question as she looked to the Delsaurian and sidled up closer to him, ready to use her suit's forcefield if need be. "Do you have personal protection, Xerxo sir?"

Yuri heard Sanda's words and closed her eyes, to focus her thoughts.

The Technician's head snapped to the incoming gang of hover cycles as they closed in from behind, squinting. Her hand fell down to her holstered NSP, ready to grab it and start shooting if the need arose.

Toidorno's eyes were on the driver, and on the controls to the vehicle. If it crashed, they might well all be killed. Would this Xerxo maintain his self-control and pilot them to safety? If he panicked... This could also simply be a scare tactic, and Toidorno couldn't be sure whether this was a demonstration of some kind by these reptilian people, or a true threat.

"I'm gonna try to lose them in the tunnels," Xerxo said, taking a detour into a drainage ditch. "So, I should warn you about the mummies down here," he said. "But we should be okay if we just run them over."

Yoshiro loaded his SMG and got ready to fight and watched the bikers to make sure that they could defend the hover truck when necessary. "Mummies?" He asked as he checked the weapon and he continued to watch the bikers.

Erika instructed the airborne nomad to fly low, following them through the tunnels, behind the gang. The device was armed so could cause some damage to their back ranks if they chose to engage.

Yuri blinked her eyes when Xerxo mentioned mummies. She knew it wasnt the parent kind. Yuri wished Yayoi came with them

"Who are they and what is the likelihood of them actually doing something to us?" Sanda asked Xerxo. She wished Yayoi had come with them. The two Rangers would of had a field day with the gang in these dark sewers.

Xerxo increased his speed as he rushed into the sewer system, with concrete, ancient stone work, and bricks whizzing past them. The gang of anti-Yamatai extremists followed and began to try to catch them, moving closer and opening fire with machine guns. A series of blue flashes appeared over Euikoshi's body as she shielded the others, particularly their guest. "Team, they shot first, so it's self-defense! You are now cleared to engage," she gave the order.

"Oh that does it! No one attacks the Star Army and gets away with it!" Yoshiro aimed his SMG at a biker and took a shot at him. "You guys sowed the thunder and now you are going to reap the whirlwind!" Yoshiro continued firing as he shouted at them.

The biker Delsaurian was hit once by the SMG, and the impact sent him crashing into the tunnel wall where he tumbled over and over and fell into a pile of alien shit, and then was crushed by his own airbike.

Sanda just smiled. Looked like they wanted to dance after all. "Yuri." Sanda told the little one. "Stay close to Erika and ambassador Toidorno. Keep your head down. Ok? Aunty Sandy is going to go have some fun."

The Qaktoro knew that the Yamataians were following their guidance and their roles, and felt no shame as Euikoshi performed her duty and shielded her subordinates, and himself. He acknowledged Sanda verbally. "Understood." He did draw his own pistol, manufactured by his people and quite familiar to him after eleven years of in-service use, and years before that of practice.

Erika held her own fire, and moved closer to the diplomat while she was controlling the drone. The device approached the pack from behind, opening up with its twin linked EPP projectors into their backs. "Hold fire until you see the whites of their eyes Ambassador, we don't want to draw their fire."

Yuri looked over, "Yes Aunt, Sanda?" she then noded her head. "Have fun, Aunt Sanda!"

Kokoro seemed to wince as the gun fire began from the gang of bikers. The Nekovalkrja growled as she pulled out her NSP, beginning to return fire against them. Her demeanor had totoally shifted from the happy, curious newbie from before. "NANDAYO?! WHATS THE BIG IDEA, BAKA!!!" She yelled out back to the chasing bikers.

"Koenic for Delsaurians!" one shouted back.

"Hang on," Xerxo shouted, as a big turn came up ahead.

Sanda stood up in the hover truck and looked up at the ceiling. "Erika give me a boost." With Erika's help Sanda launched herself up to the ceiling and grabbed hold of the pipes above. She dangled their for a few seconds then let go. Dropping onto the back of one of the bikes. "Hola." Sanda said as she threw the rider over the side and off the bike. She grabbed the handel bars and quickly familiarized herself with the controls. As the engine revved Sanda smiled wickedly. "Oh yeah."

Sanda leaned over the bike, making a smaller profile. Her cape flew out behind her as she gunned the engines and rammed the bike next to her, spinning it out of control into the wall. She drew her NSP from her boot with her left hand and fired at the other riders around her. She drove with one arm, her cybernetic right locked onto the handle bars keeping the bike straight. After wrecking several and causing a bunch of confusion, Sanda sped ahead and followed the hovertruck with the rest of her team.

"Get wrecked, noob!" Yoshiro shouted. He watched as the biker crashed and fell in to a pile of alien shit. He aimed his SMG at the tires of the bikes this time and fired, reloading his weapon when he ran out of ammo.

Yuri watched Sanda go. "My aunt is amazing," she said with a smile on her face.

The hovercar violently lurched to the left as their Delsaurian guide entered a side tunnel to avoid crashing into a series of bars that would have cut them into french fries. Anyone not holding on tight would likely slide off into it.

Toidorno not only had a free hand, but a free tail. He'd use both to keep himself solid, and to hang on to a teammate if need be.

Yuri held on tight, following Sanda's orders, and then winced, as she heard one of the bikers, unfortunate ending.

"Shit!!" one of the bikers screamed just before he went through the bars and was chopped into pieces

Yoshiro ducked and laughed as the biker was cut in to julienne strips of flesh. "Maybe next time you don't attack us you dumbass idiot!" Yoshiro shouted and laughed. He got up and continued firing.

"BAKA BAKA BAKA- EEK" Kokoro yelped as she almost dropped her NSP, gripping onto the car tightly, and watching as one of the bikers was turned into bacon strips. She exhaled in relief, before a shot whizzing by brought her back to the fight at hand, resuming her firing at the bikers.

As the hovercar went deeper into the underground sewer system, their surroundings became more ancient, appearing like a random D&D dungeon in a scifi roleplaying game, that the team would have to explore if their vehicle was wrecked.

"Damn," Xerxo said as a decaying lizard-man wrapped in linens tried to jump from a ledge onto the fast-moving hovercar, missing and getting hit by one of the persuing hoverbikes.

"Thinking now's the time to start explaining mummies," Mineko said with a playful forcefulness. "For instance, is running them over the only way to deal with them or will guns work, too?"

"You okay up there Xerxo?" Yoshiro asked as he continued firing at the bikers.

"Yeah, I just got to find a good way out of here," Xerxo said. "These sewers are a little haunted."

"That doesn't answer my question, Xerxo sir!" Mineko said tensely.

The Ambassador swapped his pistol for his electrical weapon; if any of those 'mummies' succeeded in their leap, a stunning strike could be a faster way to deal with them than a pistol shot.

As she held on she closed her eyes to focus, trying to think back on what she'd learned of Delsaurian physiology. Trying to think of some way to stop them or something.

"I'd rather start with how necrotic flesh can animate outside of a Film or VR story." Erika said, in response to Mineko.

"Maybe there is a corporation doing research in to zombies as weapons and such" Yoshiro said and laughed. He continued firing at the bikers and at any bikers that tried to hurt Sanda. "G

Sanda kept her bike zig zagging back and forth so that the other bikers couldn't get a good shot on her, but also kept close to the big hover truck because she didn't want to get lost in these sewers without her battlebuddy. Although she would probably have little trouble getting out on her own. She was a Ranger after all.

Kokoro began to specifically target the bikers which were trying to pick off Sanda, to make her time dodging fire easier- and maybe even take out a couple of them if she could. She grumbled some swear in some other language that didn't seem to sound like Yamataigo. This was supposed to have been a much nicer first away mission...

Ancient sewer system

Sanda looked over her shoulder as she raced after the hover truck. Despite the number of bikers they had brought down there was still a significant number seeming to follow them. She looked back at the hover truck. With her cybernetic eye she could see clear as day in the low lighting. The truck had taken quite a few hits and Sanda became worried that the truck would either become so damaged that it stopped, in which case the fight would intensify quite quickly. Or worse, it might just blow up. There were also the threat of the 'mummies' and Sanda had had enough of reanimated dead after their fight on the Dragon Sword.

She needed to work fast. Using the explorer suits built in coms, she spoke to her teammates. "Tell Xerxo we need to head out of these tunnels ASAP. Too many unknowns down here. I will slow them down then find my own way out. Trust me." That is exactly what it all came down to. Trust. Did she trust her team to watch out for each other? Did they trust her and that she knew what she was doing? Sanda was a Ranger. A damn skilled one. Rangers were trained in being able to not only function when cut off away from their allies, but to thrive. If she was separated and lost in this maze of sewers she had the best chance of finding her way out. "Good hunting. See you topside!"

Sanda hit the airbrakes on the hover bike and leaned over hard. Her boot scraped against the floor, acting as an anchor. She slew the bike around then hit the accelerator to max and took off, now riding towards the bikers. Her sudden turn and attack took them off guard and many jerked their bikes to the sides to get out of her way, crashing into there comrades in the process. It was pandemonium. Before they could react, Sanda had again spun her bike around and went charging through them this time firing her NSP as she went, although she was mostly aiming for the other bikes headlamps and engines. Anything to slow them down. Once she was through them she gunned it. A couple of bikers who had kept their heads opened fire with their machine guns. Sanda felt something hit her shoulder but managed to stay upright. Her little stunt wouldn't keep them down for long but she hoped it was long enough for her team to get away.

The Ranger continued down the tunnels. She could just barely make out the headlights of the hover truck. Shots began to zip by her head again. At least a dozen bikers were back up and following her, although a few of them had darken headlights and were sticking together. From where they were there was no way they could see the truck, only her. A turn appeared ahead and Sanda took it. She fired over her shoulder a couple of times so that the bikers could see exactly where she turned off. Several lights appeared behind her. She couldn't tell if they had all followed her or not but some was better than nothing.

Now was just focused on speed and getting out of there. With her cybernetic eye she could clearly see what was ahead and was able to dodge broken pipes, rubble piles and the occasional 'mummy'. Soon she saw daylight at the end of the tunnel. She smiled to herself as she raised the team. "Thunder to team, I've made it out. What is your..." Suddenly a net raised up across the opening of the tunnel. Sanda slammed on the breaks but she was going too fast and was too close to stop. Her hoverbike slammed into the net and her body went flying over the handle bars.

Everything seemed to slow down. She could see several people and their Yamatai flags with a big X through them. She could see they were armed and wanted to reach for her weapons, but her training kicked in. She knew she had to brace herself for a rough landing. Tucking her legs up Sanda curled into a ball. Roll. Spread the landing over her body. Her shoulder hit the ground first. It felt like someone took a large hammer and hit her on the shoulder. She rolled, trying to spread out the impact. For two summersaults she kept tight up but on the third bounce she lost it and became unbound. Her body was spun sideways so instead of rolling head to toe she was spun around shoulder to shoulder. She bounced off the grown several times, her head hitting hard before she came to rest in softer sand on her back.

"Aye Dios. Eso dolió." She muttered. Her whole body hurt and her vision was blurry. Why was that sun so bright? Sanda tried to reach for her coms but couldn't. Even if she had been able too, her coms had been damaged in the crash. A shadow suddenly fell over her. Sanda tried to sit up and grabbed for her revolver. She just managed to clear the holster when the butt of a rifle was smashed into her head and knocked her unconscious.

Her body was thrown unceremoniously into the back of a truck and covered up with a tarp. In the sand where she had wrecked lay her straight silver blade with the dragon engraving. The most precious possession Sanda owned. Her eyes opened momentarily and she could see her blade in the sand. "Caff..." She whispered as she lost consciousness again. Blood flowed down her face, covering up the lighting tattoo over her eye.

Yoshiro was listening to Sanda's call when it suddenly cut out. "Thunder, come in!" Yoshiro said through comms. "Thunder, come in! I repeat, Thunder come in!!" There was no response from Sanda so he decided to take action. "Team, listen up! I lost comms with Sanda. We need to find her right away." He said to the team. "I don't know what happened but we need to find her and render aid if she needs it"

He turned to Xerxo and spoke to him. "I need you to take us back to the tunnels and get us to where our crewmate is at. If she is injured we need to render aid if she needs it and get her out of here." Yoshiro said and looked back to where Sanda was at and spoke to Sanda and was getting scared. "Thunder, come in, god damn it! What happened to you?" He shouted in to his radio, but calmed down realiasing that he might be scaring the others.

He decided to call the Resurgence and report the situation. "Yoshiro to Resurgence, Mission update. We have lost comms with Sanda and I have a hunch that she is missing. Requesting permission to search for her." Yoshiro said and waited for a response.

Last edited:
YSS Resurgence - Bridge

Captain Aoba sighed. He'd been clear that all crew members were supposed to have a battle buddy with them at all times. It seemed ridiculous that a soldier could just get lost on a simple mission to observe the local situation. "Permission granted, Resurgence out," Aoba said.

Captain Aoba grabbed his phone and dialed Poppy Pink in the medical lab. "It's Aoba. Sanda's missing. Gather a second away team and head down there to assist."

Next, Aoba turned to Kalena. "Monitor the surface and if you see any armed people showing hostility to Star Army of Yamatai personnel, you are authorized to fire on them with the ship's turrets. Show them what happens when you challenge the Star Army."

Medical Lab

Poppy's face squished in a concerned frown as she got the call from the captain and she wiggled her lips for a moment, before getting up from her CMO's office desk. She got undressed, put her mounts of pink hair in a ponytail, and quickly pulled on her Star Army Explorer Uniform, then grabbed one of her away mission go-bags full of medical supplies. "Judah, you want to come on an away mission?" she asked the new medic. "If so, meet me in the shuttle bay." She then went to the crew cabins to round up some reinforcements for the main away team.

Quarters
As the joto heisho ranked officer of the Star Army, Yayoi's responsibilities weighed heavily on her, especially with her daughter on her first away mission. As the YSS Resurgence passed her quarters, Yayoi couldn't shake off the nervous energy swirling within her. She trusted Sanda, her battle partner and sister, to look after her daughter and the rest of the crew, but a nagging feeling persisted, like a faint whisper of impending trouble.

Yayoi paced her quarters, her mind racing with thoughts of her daughter's safety. Eventually, she couldn't ignore her instincts any longer. With determined steps, she made her way to the medical bay, hoping to find some solace or perhaps a reassuring word from a colleague. Walking out

Walking out, Yayoi spotted Poppy, one of the ship's medical staff. Relief washed over her as she approached. "Hey Chief, "Did you hear from Yuri? I'm betting she's having fun down there with Sanda and the others?" Yayoi forced a smile, masking her inner turmoil. "I haven't heard from her yet," she replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "I'm sure they're doing fine, but... I can't shake this feeling that something isn't right."

YE 46.2

Fornox City Sewers - Planet Koenic

The bikers began to zoom off, cutting their losses, and Xerxo slowed his battered hovercar to a halt to briefly assess the situation. They were deep in an underground system of sewers and wells meant to supply water to the city above, with numerous connections to ancient mining tunnels. Around them, dead reptilian mummies covered in bandages and slimey muck shambled on sandstone ledges and tried to sniff out the living. Xerxo tried to restart the hovercar but the battery light was on and it seemed unwilling. He looked around and grabbed his shotgun and his communicator.

"Damn, it could take a while to get help," he said, waving his communicator around in the air trying to get signal.

After Yoshiro got permission from Aoba, he took control of the situation. "I want you all to check your ammo and gear, we are going to search for Sanda! We don't leave anyone behind on my watch!" Yoshiro said "I will not allow her to be lost in this place without help."

Yuri nodded her head, a little apprehensively she wanted to make sure her aunt was kept safe from harm. "I hope Aunt Sanda is ok, but i believe in her.. I bet when we find her, she's sitting having tea, and discussing with them why the shouldn't be mean, with..potential bodies littered around." She said with a nod.

"Don't worry, Yuri. We will find her, I swear it on my honor." Yoshiro told her. "Pick a battle buddy and stick with them no matter what." Yoshiro was mad, but he kept his cool. He loaded his aether SMG and his pistol and got ready to move out.

The temporary addition to the team, the Hidden Sun Clan ambassador Toidorno, kept his electrically-charged weapon ready at his side, having stowed his pistol during the flight through the sewer tunnels. At Yoshiro's instruction, he responded. "Acknowledged." he said curtly in decent Yamataigo. He hadn't fired any shots from his pistol, but he checked it just the same, turning in a safe direction and performing a well-practiced maneuver to ensure it was in good working order, and fully loaded. "Good on ammo and gear." he reported, not knowing if there were colors to call out. Green on ammo? He wasn't sure. Good would do fine in the meantime.

"If you have any information for us to help you as we are now," Mineko said tensely to Xerxo, "that would be greatly appreciated! Like, what are these? You said mummies earlier? And where do the biker gangs hang out usually? We might have to retrieve our crewmen."

Kokoro took a moment to eye her NSP's charge and other equipment, keeping the weapon drawn. She huffed, the navy haired neko idly inspecting one of the dead mummies out of curiosity, poking one with her pistol gently. "...Why're they all bandaged up?" She'd mumble to herself. The newbie stood back up, looking at Yoshiro. "Err... I don't think I have a battle buddy yet!"

At Yoshiro's directive that they find Battle Buddies, Toidorno recognized the term, and shifted near to the one that had taught him what a 'hug' was. The Nitô Hei who had worn the Teal of the medical uniform. "It is good to think positively of the lost comrade. She was brave. I am sure she remains brave, wherever she is." he told her.

Yuri nodded to Yoshiro, and instinctively, she turned to the one that moved to stand with her, and nodded. He was one of her first choices, probably the top one. Then turns as Xervo spoke of the Mummies.

"Okay, so there was this experiment to like, reanimate the laborers lost in the mines, I think," Xerxo explained. "Delsaurians are great with technology. It worked...sort of...But the thing is they started leaving the mines trying to go home to the city...which was a problem. Being dead and all. Anyway, the bikers were part of a faction that wants to maintain independence from Yamatai."

"So this was sabotage you think?" Yoshiro asked Xerxo "It sounds like it to me but the dead should be respected and left alone..." He remembered his father and how he would have felt if that was done to him.

Toidorno wrinkled his nose with distaste. The People of the Clan would *never* disturb the bodies of the dead in such a way. Acts such as that could prevent the soul from properly passing on, could even keep it from reincarnating. He found that he wanted to know who, precisely, conducted this experiment. If the entire society permitted it... Yamatai may wish to consider enforcing a ban on such experiments, if they accepted this system into their own. He made a mental note of this.

"Thank you for that," Mineko said appreciatively. "Is there anywhere this faction would likely be or have taken one of our own to?"

"this is... very disturbing." Yuri said, not able to find the need to resurrect the dead. She wondered if the dead could be spoken to communicated with. She really wanted to stay close to Toidorno.

Toidorno certainly agreed with his battle buddy's sentiment, but he tried not to show it too openly, aside from his nose-wrinkling earlier.

The sounds of dripping water and echoes rung in the air at Xerxo thought about it. "I don't know, but there's a lot of places to hide down here in the ancient tunnels and sewers and mines. You know, maybe we should talk to the governor for more information. That's where I was taking you in the first place. By the way, could you please not tell anyone about the re-animation thing? That's not public knowledge."

"Koko you should come with me. You need to stick with a battle buddy especially in this environment." Yoshiro said. "All right team let's move out. Time to get some!" He fired on some mummies heading toward them.

"...Huh? Oh yeah!" Kokoro nodded as she floated over towards Yoshiro, kind of float hopping along the ground. She stuck behind him as the Heisho began to advance, helping her new battle buddy shoot some of the undead.

“Firing upon the defiled dead is… distasteful...” Toidorno said, levelling his Akko Rotyusapo at an approaching enemy. “But… joining them in death would be… more disasteful.” he aimed a shot at a shambling kneecap, an energy blast striking the scaley, rotting patella and turning it into dust, dropping the bandaged creature to the dirt. He looked to Yuri, to see if she was prepared to fire as well.

Xerxo began firing his shotgun as one of the sewage-covered mummies approached, blasting it until it was stunned and then kicking it off the ledge into a sewage river below them.

"The good thing is most of us float, so we should be able to go up to the surface fairly easily," Euikoshi told Xerxo.

Yuri takes in a breath, as she moves her hand to her Type 33/C Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol, though she hoped not to use it since she is a medic, but she knows she might.

"Let's show these shamblers what's up!" Yoshiro said and shot some more mummies "Let's get moving." Continuing to shoot the mummies, he slowly and methodically toward the exit.

Yuri made an "erps" sound as she followed Yoshiro and Toidorno, as she witnessed them shooting. This right here was the reason why she chose the medical field. She looked at Toidorno and nods

Toidorno followed their lead, one hand on the pistol-grip of his coil-gun, the other holding the stabilizer. He fired single rounds, carefully trying to target kneecaps. It occurred to him that kneecapping these possibly-sentient things left them half-life AND immobile... It was a disturbing thought, to think of them twitching down here, wishing they could return to their homes and families, unable to, forever. This world was wrong. "Hug-friend..." he said, pausing to fire a shot. "You may.. Need to cover... right side." he told her, seeing a shambler shuffling closer and closer.

Yuri nods and allows a breath, as she follows Toidorno's request of covering his right side.

Planet Koenic -- Unknown location

Sanda opened her eyes and lay still. It was dark but she couldn't tell if it was because it was night of if the lights were off. She figured the latter, she couldn't say why but she figured she was inside a structure of some sort. She tried to move but couldn't. Her hands and feet were bound. She tried to move her head to get a better look around her but winced as she felt a sharp pain in her head where someone had knocked her out.

It took Sanda a few minutes for the pain to subside. Despite her condition and situation she was very calm. She took a moment to test her bonds. They were secure, but not overly strong. She looked around again and realized that she was still in the back of some sort of truck with a tarp over her. Obviously her captors weren't especially worried about her at the moment. That would be a huge mistake on their part.

Sanda thought of her communication device built into her suit. Maybe she could get it activated then her team would have a direct beacon to locate her. She tilted her head as far as it would go to get a look at the teal button then snorted with frustration. Damn thing was cracked. Maybe she could fix it, but not with her hands tied. So she set about getting her hands free.

Fornox City - Planet Koenic

After hours of blasting their way through zombies, the away team was able to slowly ascend through the insanely twisting and nonsensical sewer system until they followed the sunlight to a grating somewhere in the bottom of a butcher shop in the city. Blood and entrails rained down on the away team as they lifted the heavy metal grating and ended up in a crowded market street behind a fat Delsaurian slicing up animals into bacon.

"Ah what in the name of holy fish buttholes is this?" Yoshiro asked as he picked off the entrails off his uniform. "Jeez if I wanted entrails on me, I would blast a Mishhu with a rocket launcher."

The Qaktoro grimaced as he was given a bath he hadn’t asked for… And it was one of gore and viscera. It was times like this that he wasn’t happy to have an enhanced sense of smell. “Pardon our intrusion.” he managed to say, as politely as he could, to the butcher. He patted his belt, finding a secured pouch where he kept pieces of currency of the Poku Saeruo Degonjo. He withdrew a silver piece of Odawina, their coins, and he approached the fat Delsaurian, offering the coin as compensation for their interruption. It only felt right.

"I'm just glad you weren't one of those creatures," the butcher said. "Please move along though, y'all are...unsanitary."

"Sorry about this and my language." Yoshiro said to the butcher.

Euikoshi looked around. "Looks like we made it," she said, setting told Xerxo on the cobblestone street (someone had to carry him). "Let's see if we can get cleaned up and talk to the governor and get some intel on the rebels and where they might hide Sanda."

Yuri did not have the words as she followed Toidorno through the grate.

The new Nekovalkrja climbed out behind Yoshiro, a little tired of wandering through sewers for quite some time. Kokoro seemed completely unphased by the bloody theatrics... just wiping some blood that had managed to drip onto her off of her face. "Interesting decor..." She hummed to herself as the team emerged.

Toidorno turned to Kokoro, and gestured to her ear. "There is... a piece of guts on your ear there." he told her. "Or IS that an ear on your ear?"

"Huh? oh-" She attempted to brush away whatever was on her ear, simply shrugging. She didnt seem particularly bothered by it.

The Ambassador was impressed that she was so non-plussed.

"Where does one find a shower in a desert city?" Euikoshi rubbed her chin, then immediately regretted it because now she had sewage on her chin. "Auugghghh!" she gagged. "Head count."

"Everyone accounted for? Where is our driver slash escort?" Yoshiro asked after leaving the butcher shop.

"Do you mean me?" Xerxo asked, looking at his nearly-empty shotgun shell bandolier with sadness.

"Yes, it is my job to make sure that every one is okay." Yoshiro said to Xerxo. "I make sure that everyone comes home, even our allies.

Yuri didnt say anything as she quietly make sure the guts werent on her, even then she didnt say anything to Euikoshi and Yoshiro.

"I propose we contact our Captain briefly, to verify our current orders." Toidorno suggested to his comrades. He had high esteem for the Captain of the ship that had rescued one of the Clan's ambassadorial vessels not long ago. The crew was also to thank for their heroism in that mission, saving the WAP Amuso. Toidorno took a moment to step away in the butcher ship and flick his tail, to try to get the junk off of it.

"Very well," Euikoshi nodded. She called the Resurgence.

"Aoba here, any word on Sanda?" The captain asked. "I've sent Poppy down with a small away team to look for your team and for Sanda but she hasn't seen anything so far."

"We were forced into an underground maze with bad signal," Euikoshi explained. "We are searching for Sanda as well," Euikoshi informed the captain.

"Keep searching," Aoba ordered.

Toidorno listened to the communications from the Captain. Poppy… that was the one with the tasty bug for a friend, right? He considered whether he had any ideas that could help his Allies find their lost teammate. “The vehicles of this group were distinct. Could the ship’s scanners detect a group of such vehicles moving in unison? If so, that could give us something to go on.”

"Yes sir, I am uploading my visual memories of the hostile forces to the ship's MEGAMI for cross referencing against orbital scans," Euikoshi told Aoba, taking Toidorno's suggestion. "If you could have Kalena try to find matches, it could give us intelligence on their location."

Yoshiro was clearing the gunk out of his weapons and making sure that his aether SMG was clear because he was not fond of the smell of buring livers and entrails in his gun and the smell...He did not even want to think about it.

"Poppy sempai.." Yuri said for what was probably the first time since they got out of the sewers. And it seems they had another away team. She hoped her mother was on the away team.

Euikoshi looked to Yoshiro. "Why don't we go get cleaned up in the shuttle and send Poppy and her team to meet the governor. She can charm information out of him and we'll meet with her afterwards and resume the search."

"That's a good idea Euikoshi. All right team let's get cleaned up. Poppy and her team can take care of speaking with the governor." Yoshiro said.

"Hai!" Kokoro nodded to Yoshiro and Euikoshi, wiping off some sewer water and blood off of her face. "This stuff's kinda annoying" She grumbled out, putting her NSP in its holster for the time being.

The idea of taking a shower while their comrade in arms was in danger disturbed Toidorno, but following the guidance of the team was more important. He was an attache to their team, and by the Treaty between their polities, he was honorbound to do as they did.

Erika shared the ambassador's thoughts. Her drone came to a rest besides her head, covered in a thin film of slime. She, without a word accessed the Avionics system which recorded velocity and vector, giving a accurate path of traversal through the tunnels that could easily be overlayed on a map. She sent this data to Euikoshi to transmit along with her footage.

"I'm sorry it didn't go as planned," Xerxo told the team. "I'll see you later, then," he told them, leaving them in the market with various Delsaurian people staring at them for being covered in filth.

"It's all right Xerxo. If life is too perfect then it's no fun." Yoshiro said with smile as he left.

Yuri looked to the others who seemed that they'd hoped to get back onto the shuttle to get cleaned up. Yuri admitedly did want that to get cleaned up, and be Yuri again. She hoped that Poppy's away team can save Sanda.

Toidorno observed the crowd of Delsaurians, bravely facing down their stairs. He put his weapon away and drew up to his full height. He was covered in blood and gore, and though he hadn't earned it in battle, perhaps it still made him look... intimidating? Noble? Like a warrior? "Greetings, Delsaurians of Koenic." he said in Trade, greeting them in the manner of the Clan. It wasn't... the best first impression.

"Oh my god, he reeks!" someone muttered in the crowd. "Is that blood? Is he a killer?" another asked, looking nervous.

At the comment that he reeked, Toidorno frowned, thinking 'Well, do not smell me, then.' But he didn't voice his thoughts. Perhaps a shower WAS a good idea. His ears flattened just a smidge with disappointment; he had tried to tell Tesgi this job was going to be a challenge for him... But who could've predicted a motorcycle gang, and a sewer chase, and a shootout with mummies, and a butcher shop?

Yoshiro was watching with some amusement with what Toidorno was doing. After he was done he headed toward the shuttle to clean up and resupply his ammo and grab a rifle of some sort. "Come on Toidorno, let's get going and clean up" Yoshiro said and smiled. "Don't let these people get to you. Some people just voice their opinion too loudly."

"Sometimes I wonder if those outside of Yamatai look upon us Neko's as monsters on par with the Mishhu. I don't think today did anything to inhibit that impression." The operative said with a chuckle, resisting an intrusive impulse to growl at the crowd.

The Ambassador acknowledged Yoshiro's words gratefully, and considered what Erika had said thoughtfully. The idea that anyone would dare compare the Poku Loi Daho'ai with the Defilers... But Erika was correct that some simply did not understand what they saw.

The shuttle was a short trip back to the starport and it carried a signficant amount of water for emergency survival purposes (500 gallons!). Beryl was able to rig up a shower hose for them to each take a shower just outside of the shuttle. The desert air made drying a non-issue. Plus the shuttle had ammo and other supplies they'd depleted during their excursion in the haunted underworld.

Sitting on the starport pad for a couple hours had warmed up the water to a nice temperature. Still it was much nicer feeling than the scorching hot desert air.

Yuri removed her uniform and went under the hose to get clean, taking note of the water's temperature, and how comfortable it was, making her a little uncomfortable in thinking how Sanda's comfort was. Before she stood out in the desert to dry off, but she chose not to get dressed as she pondered on what she'd witnessed and experienced. Her arms crossing over her chest as she did so.

Kokoro quickly showered away the gunk she had gathered from the away teams sewer excursion- having of course removed her uniform and all. The Neko hummed as she got back into her now hopefully mostly cleaned uniform. "Well that was fun! mostly. Anything from the Heisho that went missing?" She queried as she got back into uniform.

"Nothing yet, Kokoro. But we are going back to find her." Yoshiro said.

Euikoshi got cleaned up next and washed her clothes off in a footlocker turned into a makeshift wash basin. After she was done she used a medical kit's antiseptic to sanitize it all before putting it back on, which made her smell like a nurse's office a bit.

Toidorno came out, his visible fur puffy and fluffy after the washing and drying. He did not use his tongue to lick his fur clean, in case anyone was wondering whether he did or not. He was back in the explorer's uniform designed by and for his people, and he rejoined the team, heading over to his battle buddy. He saw that she was thoughtful, and he debated whether or not to question Yuri and interrupt her meditation. Instead, he joined her, crossing his arms over his chest in the same way so that they matched.

Yoshiro was finished with his shower amd got out and dressed in a clean uniform. "Ahh...that feels so much better." Yoshiro said as he grabbed a rifle off the rack and grabbed some ammunition. He checked the rifle to make sure that it was working properly. "Time to get ready for a thunderstorm!" He said to himself.

Yuri looked up at Toidorno for a second as she turned her head back to staring off into space. Feeling the air on her skin was comforting.

"I do not wish to interrupt your meditation..." he began. "But we had best rejoin our comrades. In... uniform." he added politely.

Erika on the other hand had her explorer suit's head force sheild bubble on since entering the sewers, and was lucky to avoid having the various substances come in contact with her skin and soak into her clothes. Her clean was a pressure wash of her suit and equipment, which she doffed and laid out. She was certainly enjoying the sun and the cool splashback of the water, but was eager to get it back on and join the search for Sanda.

Sanda gritted her teeth and pulled again. Her cybernetic arm didn't feel any pain but her real left arm did. There was a pop and her arms were free. "Linda." Sanda said quitely. She quickly got her legs free and took stock. Most of her weapons were gone. She remembered seeing her knife stuck in the sand as the truck drove away. That lost hurt the most as the blade was from her husband. She was also missing her SiZi revolver. That must have fallen off of her when she wrecked. Her new sword was gone two which just made her mad.

All primary weapons gone, what about secondary? She patted her boots where she kept her backups. Her NSP ankle holster was also empty but her spare knife was still tucked in boot. "Ahora podemos divertirnos un poco." Taking her blade in her hand Sanda silently lifted the lip of the tarp and peeked out to see who might be around.

There were about 20 Delsaurians here, wearing yellow combat hardsuits and skinsuits. Mustard yellow. With three red letters on them. N. M. X. They were heavily armed as well. "The plan is proceeding," one of them spoke to a Mishhuvurthyar hologram. "We have disrupted the meeting and captured one of the Star Army representatives. We have implanted her with a parasite and she should be under our control shortly and ready for re-release. Then we'll have her destroy the enemy starship."

"Very good," the Mishhuvurthyar replied. "Keep me updated," it said, and then faded away.

"Dios." Sanda barley breathed as she realized that things were a whole hell of a lot bigger than she thought. Sanda carefully reached up and touched her communication device. It didn't seem to be working but she tried tapping it anyway. She had to get the word out that the Mishhu were here.

With the team having rejoined, Toidorno, his fur still absurdly puffy after the sanitizing shower, watched his Yamataian allies with his blue-green eyes. Back on the Yome Ismâopate, his instincts would’ve been telling him to direct this meeting, and to ask for suggestions and develop a plan. But he was not Ship’s Second here, and that was not his place. It was his place, perhaps, to think of the situation politically. This rescue mission, and the conduct of this team, could affect the Resurgence’s primary mission here to ‘check on the locals’, who had not yet joined the Empire. If their team behaved badly, it could harm the reputation of the ‘Clan of Female Warriors’.

“If I may, I would like to... review the politics of what has... happened.” he began, pausing here and there to carefully pronounce words that were still foreign on his feline tongue. “A group chased our vehicle... attempted to kill us. They did not hunt to the last man.” He paused on this point, finding it useful information that the group was willing to face death, but not to fight until the bitter end for their goals. “It is possible that they took the lost Ittô Heisho, or that she has eluded them. Either way, if they are a po-liti-cally motivated group, they will… likely make an... a-nnounc-ement. They will say something, to turn these events against your Empire in the minds of the people.”

He shrugged, his overly-fluffy tail whiffing back and forth behind him. “They may lie about having her. Or they may show that they have her. Either path attempts to weaken the… strength of your Empire. It may be wise to say something to the planet's people first ourselves... Or wait, and say something after them, to counter their claims.”

He raised a paw, posing a theory. “The group on the bikes… may want a search of the city. May want us… and the planet’s government… Kicking doors. Walking streets. Demanding this alien soldier back. Such could frighten the people. The group can use this to change minds further. Better, perhaps, if our search were more… In the dark. Or above the heads.” He looked pointedly to one of Erika’s drones, if one were present.

Erika had just finished sliding back into her explorer uniform, listening to Toidorno's vocalized train of thought as she went about resealing the suit. She looked up when she caught sight of the Qaktoro pointing over her shoulder. Out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of her hovering drone.

"It will certainly help, but its not going to make the task of searching for her trivial." Erika explained, folding her arms. "It has a Recon package with some sensors. If she's out in the open, I should be able to identify her by thermal differences, but if she's inside a structure the sensors loose resolution. They're good enough to tell you that something there is bipedal which has a heart beat is behind a wall, but not necessarily what that something is."

"If Sanda is about on the surface, best tool to prevent us from kicking down random doors would be a Type 43 Science Pad."
Erika looked at Euikoshi "Set to look for Nepleslians, I would imagine she'd stand out quite easily amongst the locals. Jump on the back of a vehicle and run a scan going up and down the streets." She took a breath and put her hands on her hips. "Where my drone can help is it can give us our path through the underground. It was also attacking the gang from behind so analysis of the footage might give a better idea as to where Sanda got separated." She then looked down, placing one hand on her chin thoughtfully before looking back at the group "Also, if I was running a gang operation and my AO already had underground tunnels and catacombs you better believe I'd be using them. Though if we're going down there I suggest we order some signal repeaters and drop them like bread crumbs along the way so we're not cut off from the surface team or ship. It has the added benifit of allowing Sanda to link up if she's still mobile and wanders into an area we've already explored."

"Well I say if they have her, they have just made an enemy of Yamatai and me. But what ever we decide to do, we better decide quickly because she may be hurt and needs our help." Yoshiro says "Stealth may be the best course of action if we decide to go through the sewers, because we definitely do not want to attract the attention of the mummies down there and we don't want the bikers to know we are coming. But if they want to fight us then we have to go in prepared." He was concerned for Sanda and felt like something was wrong. "I feel like something is off, something isn't right." Yoshiro said to himself.

As Toidorno's diplomatic words entered Yuri's ears, she felt their weight settle in her mind. He was right, she realized, snapping herself out of her reverie. She couldn't afford to dwell on her worries now. With determination, she pushed aside her personal concerns and focused on the task at hand.

Yuri glanced over at Yoshiro as he spoke, his words mixing with the hum of the shuttle's engines. She understood the importance of his message, but her mind was preoccupied with her own thoughts. However, she knew she couldn't let her inner turmoil affect the mission.

Her confidence surged as she thought about her Poppy-sempai's away team. She believed in their abilities, especially with her mother, a seasoned Joto Heisho ranked Ranger, among them. Her mother's expertise in tracking would be invaluable in their search for Yuri's missing aunt, Sanda. "Okay.." Yuri said, her voice firm despite the turmoil within her. With a nod, she turned and walked back into the shuttle, her resolve clear in her steps.

Inside the shuttle, the tension was palpable. Before Yuri settled into her seat, she got dressed, then her gaze flickering between her companions. She knew she had to focus, to contribute to the mission's success, but her mind kept drifting back to thoughts of her aunt and the uncertainty of their situation. Yoshiro's voice broke through her thoughts again, but this time Yuri remained silent, her mind racing with possibilities and worries. She knew they had to act fast, and she was determined to do her part. But as the shuttle rumbled to life, Yuri couldn't shake the feeling of apprehension that lingered in her heart. “can we contact Poppy-sempai? mommy, I mean Yayoi-heisho is good at tracking she might be able to find Sanda too. She probably wont want to talk to the governer..” Yuri said and asked.

"Heisho," Erika said, turning to Yoshiro, "I'm trained in communications, and a single drone would be more effective assisting on the surface. I'd suggest sending Euikoshi and I, along with one or two others for additional security, to meet with the governor." Her eyes then darted towards the Ambassador for a moment, "Perhaps along with Ambassador Toidono, as he has experience in this field too."

She didn't want to offend the Ambassador, but his experience was a secondary reason for the suggestion. Sending a HVT into the dark depths seemed like asking for a problem. With all due respect to the captain, despite his very clear instructions to treat the Qaktoro like any other member of the mission, reality was they'd all be in the shit if anything were to happen to him. With her Nomad drone, she had far more situational awareness above ground and could better ensure his safety. If he got shot they wouldn't need to haul him out of a deep dark pit to CAS evac him.

Planet Koenic
Transport Shuttle

Kokoro idly floated in place as she listened into the discussion, humming quietly. The whole predicament seemed a little silly to her- how does one just casually lose a Nepleslian armed to the teeth in a fight with random protestors? She slowly floated upside down, her hair dangling downwards as she put a finger onto her cheek. "If ya can find where we got separated, we could just go there and then try to trace Sanda's steps and where she went. S' probably the best thing we can do but it'll need us to go back in those tunnel things.." She glanced towards Erika, before chuckling. "Not that I care about getting messy again- but yeah, otherwise were just goin to be bumbling about hoping for a lead"

"Ok. We will go with Erika's plan." Yoshiro said. "Find out what you can about this situation. I am not too pleased with the situation!" He was angry about what happened to the Ranger and wanted info on the bikers as well.

"The rest of us will find or try to find Sanda." Yoshiro said after a few seconds of thought. "Also ask about the bikers as well."

After giving his orders he went to make sure his weapons were in order. He was angry about what happened but he had to keep it under control otherwise things would fall apart.

The sandy-brown-furred Qaktoro nodded, acknowledging the marching orders. "I serve at your discretion." he said simply. He took a moment to run his paws over his fur, trying to smooth down the fluffy aftereffects of the shower and the dry desert air. Arcs of static electricity sparked between his paws and his fur, and he grumbled as he looked for some nearby metal on which to ground himself. He found some and reached out, the contact causing an audible pop as the static electricity 'did its thing'.

That resolved, he was ready to join the appointed team, and be part of a meeting with the planet's Governor. Toidorno didn't represent Yamatai, but he did represent a system that was a power in its own right, and one which had resided (albeit secretly) within the Kikyo Sector for some seven centuries. The Delsaurians had only been on this little planet for... a fortieth of that time? Though, Toidorno had begun to wonder... Was this a society that listened to voices of wisdom and experience? Or did it listen to the powerful, and to those who gave gifts? It was a vastly different culture from his own, and from that of Yamatai, as far as he could tell. A unique challenge.

Sanda sat down in the back of the truck, her mind racing. The NMX were here. This wasn't just some discontent bikers. This was the ultimate Anti-Yamatai organization. She had to get out of there. Send a message to the Resurgence. She would... Sanda froze. What she had just overheard was sinking in. We have captured one of the Star Army representatives. We have implanted her with a parasite and she should be under our control shortly and ready for re-release. Then we'll have her destroy the enemy starship.

Sanda's head swam. She couldn't breathe. Her whole body just went cold and numb. No. Oh Dios, no. Sanda shut her eyes tight and bit her hand to keep from screaming. Her body began to shake. She was afraid. Truly, deathly, immobility afraid. She had never felt so afraid. Not even at her lowest had she ever felt such privative, paralyzing fear. Death had never bothered Sanda before. She had some different view about ST than your average Yamatai citizen but she had never been afraid of death. I was an occupational hazard as a soldier. It was the life she had chosen without hesitation. But the idea that she could be infected, have her body taken over and her mind warped so that she was not in control and made to do fight against her friends, her comrades in arms, her nation was a horror that she couldn't fathom.

Vamos Trueno. Cálmate. Aliento. Recuerda tu entrenamiento. Sanda heard a voice in her head. It sounded like her own. She focused on her breathing and held her body tight until it stopped shaking. The panic seemed to have passed and she was able to think a little more clearly. So she had been captured my the NMX and had been infected by a parasite. The Nepleslian in her said to just allow the 'red mist' to descend and go out in a blaze of glory. Find an honorable death in battle. She couldn't be taken over and used by the NMX if she was dead.

(Yeah sure. And what do you do if you wind up killing them all and surviving? By then the parasite would have taken you over and you'd still be used for their evil plans.)
Si seguro. ¿Y qué haces si terminas matándolos a todos y sobreviviendo? Para entonces, el parásito se habría apoderado de ti y seguirías siendo utilizado para sus malvados planes.
Escape then. Sneak out find some way to contact the Resurgence as quickly as possible. Warn them of what was going on on this planet and to warn them that she had been compromised. How much time did she have? How had she been infected? Cheilith had become infected in just a matter of minuets to the point that she just started fighting the rest of the crew. There was no warning. How had she been infected? She had been in a Mindy suit and just had a small scratch pernitrate her armor. Sanda had no idea how long ago she had been infected or how strong the infection was or where on her body was the sight of the infection.

She did a quick check of her body. Only her head was exposed. Well, her head and part of her right arm. She hadn't really noticed it before but she was missing a piece of her exploration suit from her right arm. Maybe they had stuck a needle or something into her arm to infect her. A rush of hope went through Sanda. After the feeling of utter despair she had just had it felt like the greatest feeling ever. Sanda's right arm was cybernetic covered in synthetic flesh for appearance sake. No blood or arteries ran through her right arm so if she had been stuck there then maybe she wasn't really infected at all. She honestly had no idea how it worked but she would cling to that hope with all her might. It was the only thing keeping her sane at the moment.

Alright then. Escape and warn the ship. But how? Sanda had excellent stealth skills. She could try sneaking out of there. But it could take a long time. Time she may or may not have. What was her other option? Wild flight? Just jump into the cab of the truck she was lying in or try to find another mode of transportation and make a run for it? She had no idea where she was. For all she knew, she could be on the other side of the planet. Bluff? Sanda thought about that. Her captors believed that she was infected and that she would soon be released to infiltrate her ship and blow it up. Again, maybe she was and any second now she would have an overwhelming desire to betray her ship but as long as she had control of her mind and body Sanda was going to Sanda. A loyal Ranger of Yamatai.

Despite being a race against time, Sanda took a moment to record a very short message and store it in her cybernetic implants in her mind. A brief I love you to her family and a warning to her team. With that done Sanda was steeled herself for what might be the darkest mission of her life.

Sanda tapped her communicator again. In sparked for a moment but she got a notification on the HUD inside her cybernetic eye that it was life. Sanda switched it to all band. A direct message was too uncertain that her team would receive it though encryption protocols. This had to be an all range message, which would mean her captures were very likely to hear it as well. That would mean her certain death. She'd have to take that chance. "Thunder. Resurgence. Catfish in the pond. Cheilith Syndrome. Repeat. Catfish in the pond. Cheilith Syndrome." Catfish in the pond was a Ranger recon code for insurgence in the city. Yayoi would know that instantly. Cheilith Syndrome, well that one spoke for itself. Cheilth had been infected by the mishhu and had turned. Sanda was warning that she was infected. Her suits comms popped loudly and her signal was lost. She had no idea if the signal made it out. She needed to move. Now.

Yayoi's heart clenched as Sanda's words reverberated in her mind. The familiar code phrases sparked a surge of adrenaline, triggering a cascade of memories from her years of service as a Joto Heisho ranked Ranger. She knew the gravity of what Sanda was communicating.

"Thunder. Resurgence. Catfish in the pond. Cheilith Syndrome. Repeat. Catfish in the pond. Cheilith Syndrome."

Yayoi's mind raced. The urgency in Sanda's voice was unmistakable, cutting through any semblance of normalcy. Her seasoned instincts kicked in, overriding any hesitation or doubt. Catfish in the pond - the recon code for insurgence in the city. But Cheilith Syndrome... that was a whole different level of threat. It meant infection by the Mishhu, turning a once ally into a dangerous adversary.

"Copied, Hermana," Yayoi responded crisply, her voice betraying none of the turmoil swirling within her. She swiftly activated a private comm channel on her Mindy Power Armor's communications system. "This is Yayoi-heisho. Mishhu presence confirmed on planet. Sanda-heisho reported compromised," she relayed with a controlled urgency. The gravity of the situation demanded swift action.

Then, her thoughts turned to Yuri, her daughter. She couldn't risk her down there, especially not with Mishhu lurking in the shadows. "Yoshiro," she continued, addressing another member of the ship crew on the other away team, "get the medic in your group back to the ship," she ordered, her tone leaving no room for argument. Yayoi knew the stakes were high, and she couldn't afford to let emotions cloud her judgment. Sanda's warning had set off a chain of events that would test their skills, their loyalty, and their resolve. And amidst it all, she silently prayed for the safety of her comrades and the success of their mission.

Reactions: Wes
"Roger that, Yayoi. I will send her on the shuttle as soon as I start the mission." Yoshiro said and turned to Yuri. "Yuri, they need you back on the ship. I am going to have you stay on the shuttle and go back to the Resurgence and be prepared for casualties okay? I promise you we are going to find Sanda and get justice for you." He gave Yuri a hug and prepared to get the mission started. "You all have your assignments. Move out and let's get it done." He said. He was worried about how Yuri would react but he didn't have time to think about it. He looked at the team and hoped that he was doing the right thing.

"We have confirmed reports of Mishuu on the planet so we destroy them if they engage in combat with us. Be prepared to fight for your lives and if they engage in combat in the street watch out for civilians. Also Sanda is reported to be compromised so when we find Sanda, try non lethal force to knock her out, if she does fight us under the influence of the parasite." Yoshiro said and sighed as he stepped down from the shuttle. "Remember that Sanda is a Ranger so don't engage in hand to hand combat unless absolutely necessary." He started to move but was worried about Sanda as well. He focused on the mission to rescue Sanda instead and moved toward his objective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back