• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 16.1] Hanako's World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonfire

Natsumi had followed the others to the bonfire, happily watching the flames as she finished her 3rd margarita. She looked around at the others, catching Konoka talking about going into the water with Mitsuko.

"Ohh a swim sounds great!" she exclaimed, waving her arms at Konoka and Mitsuko, standing up suddenly, with just a bit of a wobble. She kicked off her sandals, removed her ruffly sun dress, revealing her new red and white striped bikini and darted for the water.

Within moments her feet were splashing in the cool water before she dove into a deeper spot. After the hot days sun and the heat of the bonfire, the cold of the water felt good on her skin. She submerged her head, holding her breath a few moments before surfacing.

"Mmm water feels so good!" she laughed, splashing at the beach, hoping some of the others would join in.

Around the bonfire

"What about your relationship with him? What was it like?" Hanako asked Helen, scooting over so she was next to her. "And did he mention Katsuko?" Hanako quietly added.

Maenwhile, Victory went around the bonfire handing out sticks and small bags of large fluffy marshmallows to her crewmates.

Beach

There were things that Helen did, and did not do. Sure, being a liar was part of her official capacity as an officer of SAINT, though, when the uniform was off, it was something she preferred to do as little as possible. There was also the matter of the simple fact that she was talking to a Princess, not just a Shosho, a lie was simply not an option. Helen collected herself a moment, as she felt Hanako sitting so close, close enough to make Helen clearly aware that the moment went beyond the matters of a Shosho or a Princess, it was a woman to woman moment.

"We were close so long as it was convenient for me. During our time together, he was a good person, but, for some reason I think of him as a man with the heart of a child, a child that wants to be a hero." Helen spoke a brief thanks to Victory for the marshmallow, before she continued to speak to Hanako; "Though, even with that childish heart, he certainly has the drive of a man." She spoke, blushing slightly at a thought, a rather big thought. "I don't think either of us really invested that much of an emotional connection during our time together, I only let it go as far as I needed it to." Then, as a brief after thought of sorts; "As for Taisho Katsuko, he only mentioned her in passing during a conversation about politics."

Beach

After a lengthy discourse with the bartender, Suzume convinced him and a "to-go" margarita and another shot of tequila would be a great plan. She slammed the shot and left it on the bar and wondered away with her drink. The ocean was so beautiful she was mesmerized for a bit by it, drinking her margarita. Once she was able to pull her eyes way from the view, she wobbled and swayed her way over to the fire and plopped down next to Helen. "I hopes I'm not interrupting..." and with that slumped over and passed out in the sand.

Beach

"Erm, sorry for calling you a scaredy cat, Murakami-san. Oh, you don't like being unprepared for things? Well, like I said earlier, variety is the spice of life. If you knew what was going to happen all the time, you'd never get the chance to be surprised by how fun something could be."

Variety forcibly entered their lives in that moment when Natsumi rushed over and invited them for a swim.

"......like this," Konoka giggled. Peeling off her bolero top and miniskirt to reveal the pink tankini style swimsuit shed bought earlier, Konoka extended a hand to Mitsuko. "I really do want to be friends," she said. "So will you trust me as a friend to show you an amazingly fun time swimming out there with Natsumi? I really hope you'll go on this friendly swim with us! It looks fun! Come on, let's go!"

And with that, Konoka dove into the water, hoping Mitsuko would follow.

Bonfire

Mitsuko sat her empty glass aside, wondering if she was supposed to return it to the bar. Nobody else seemed to be too worried about bringing their glasses back, so she left it in the sand. She was ready to accept one of the sticks from Victory, quite interested in these treats, when Natsumi rushed over. Hesitating for a moment, she nodded and stood as Konoka urged her to join them. Shedding her thin skirt and sandals, Murakami took the other Neko's hand...and was promptly dragged along on the hyperactive soldier's mad rush into the water.

Thankfully, even with her build and disposition, it was almost impossible for a Neko to be truly clumsy. Instincts and training kicked in, and she bobbed to the surface after the unexpected dive. Without either set of glasses in the way, her eyes were practically glowing as her head poked up, two bright spots bobbing as she treaded water. Mitsuko tried not to look out at the vast ocean, keeping herself focused on the nearby beach as her two comrades splashed about next to her.

Beach

Hanako nodded in understanding to Helen and began roasting. She finished her wine glass and wanted to get another but it felt good to stay leaning against Helen, skin-to-skin like this. She opted to stay seated for the moment, in spite of her mixed feelings. It had been over a year since Hanako had first threatened to kick Helen off the Eucharis roster and somehow she was still around. Even now, Hanako was unsure whether or not Helen should be allowed to join the next mission. Every mission, she saw how the SAINT agent consistently screwed over the rest of the crew, whether it was leaving them to die or poisoning them with gamma radiation.

A frown appeared on Hanako's face as she started thinking about ship business instead of having fun. Looking up she could see her marshmallow ignite and she blew it out, leaving it molten with a thin layer of black charring around the exterior. "And is being close to me convenient?" Hanako probed, offering the marshmellow to Helen's mouth.

Beach Bonfire

As Helen sat comfortably beside the fire, she watched the fire with her eyes, but through her skin, she watched Hanako. She eyed the Shosho, studying her, watching her as she drank down the last of her wine, and more so, she studied the expression upon her face, and the frown which crossed her lips. Here it comes. Helen thought as she prepared herself for the result of whatever thoughts had provoked the frown to cross the lips of a woman who was on what was supposed to be a carefree vacation. That was, until Helen watched the marshmallow move away from the fire, turning her gaze to watch Hanako blow it out, before it was offered to her... along with the question that she braced herself for.

A smile crossed Helen's lips, as a gleam presented itself in her green flecked eyes. "Yes, I think that it is for the moment." Helen spoke with a sly tone, one that displayed a degree of playfulness, but an underlying and developing respect. After speaking she licked her lips, which were still decorated with the illusion of purple lipstick, which merely existed as a projection upon her skin. It was a split second, before she went for the marshmallow with an audible 'Nom' as she pulled it from the stick with her lips, and devoured the gooey treat, before she spoke again after swallowing it down "Delicious as well... you do know how to put a smile on a NH-27's lips.". She picked up her own marshmallow, before she gently reached for the roasting stick, and in the process, she lightly touched her finger tips against Hanako's hand. "Here, let me roast the next one."

As Helen reached out for the stick, she thought on the moment. It was better to make a friend of a Princess and a Shosho, than to keep one at arm's length, more so, when it was clear that sometime over the past year, the girl had developed into more of a woman than she was when they had first met, a woman that deserved a chance to befriend. Certainly, she was not an ideal wartime leader, but, she was nowhere near as impulsive as the Taisa that had found it a wise choice to risk crew and ship for impulsive moves against superior foes. For that moment, it was convenient for Helen to be near Hanako, because she desired to perhaps bury the hatchet, and if she did need to part ways with the crew, she knew she would rather be on good terms with the Shosho, and to perhaps be able to call her friend, as opposed to leaving with bitter feelings.

Beach

Inhaling a marshmallow and washing it down with the last of his Bors leaned back on his hands and enjoyed the warmth of the bonfire. Picking up his roasting stick he started to turn toward Hanako and Helen saying

"Hey can you toss me the marsh...oh" cutting himself off noticing the two getting cozy together. "..never mind then."

Deciding that it was his cue to leave Bors got up and took off his shirt, tossing it with the rest of his gear, and walked down to the ocean to join everyone else.

Beach Bonfire

"YC-28 is decommissioned with the rest of the Ayame-class now so do not have a ship to return to. The Sakura II's database file says there is a slot for a first officer," Hanako told Helen. "I think you could do well there, enjoying his company and also lending your calculating nature to balance him out. If you do not like me, it would be a good way to escape me," Hanako said.

Beach Bonfire

Hanako's words were like a slap to the face, as her eyes widened briefly, betraying her emotions as she looked at the Shosho with utter shock. "It... It's been decommissioned?" Helen spoke, a distinctive sadness to her voice as she took a breath to compose herself. She loved her ship, and if it were not for the former Director of SAINT, as well as being attached to the Eucharis, she was sure it was going to be the place she'd return to. Unfortunately, that was not the case, and it left Helen feeling as if a part of her had just been taken away.

"I..." Helen started, as she looked into the fire, and forced herself to put her mind back on the job, it was not exactly a moment for light hearted thoughts, not after the news which had been set before her. "I don't think you understand, I am not emotionally invested in Yaichiro, and I never have been, and I don't aim to be. He is not my type." she explained, as best as she could without divulging her reason for being with him to begin with, which was her mission.

There was a sigh as Helen shook her head, speaking as she bowed her head softly; "I do not wish to be a first officer to him, he is a man suited for the way the Empire wants to be seen by outsiders. I am an operative trained to function as the Empire has always functioned outside of the public eye, and even in front of it, when so desired." Helen spoke, as she smiled softly, pushing away all of her doubts; "Shosho, I request to remain aboard your ship until SAINT or the 1st Expeditionary finds it acceptable to grant me a ship and a crew, or, until SAINT has use of me elsewhere, since I ultimately answer to the Director." Helen spoke, as she looked to Hanako, with a smile still upon her lips; "I do not think I should work to escape you at this time though, since you're a different woman than the one I knew when I came aboard. Who you are now is someone who I would like to know better, Shosho. So, I will remain until I can be of better use elsewhere."

Beach
Swimming around with Natsumi and Mitsuko, Konoka grinned. "I'm so glad you decided to join us, friend!" she told Mitsuko. "And I'm sorry if I sort of dragged you. The waters nice though, isn't it? And look at the moon!" she added, and quit moving to stare at just that.

As Konokas green eyes beheld the moon as she floated, a rare look of sadness crossed her face. "Murakami-san, Natsumi-san, I want you both to take a good look at the pretty moon," she said sadly. "You're new, so you may not have realized it yet, but this may be the last chance you have to just be happy and look at The moon for a long time. I mean, we're usually not planet side. And when we are, usually we're too busy fighting for our lives to enjoy the moons beauty. So take this chance while it's here. Because I haven't been on this beach staring at this moon since I was as much a newbie as y'all.....years ago. I've learned that peaceful happy moments like this don't come around that often in The life of a Star Army soldier. So I take WHATEVER I can get!"

Beach

After a short nap of a few minutes Misato Suzume awoke from the cool breeze coming off of the water. She looked and saw that Helen was talking to the Sho'sho', so she thought maybe it would be a good idea to go and take a swim. Taking off her skirt she made her way down to the water where her roommate, Mitsuko, and others where splashing about and admiring the moon. Slowly at first she tested the waters, finding them resplendently still warm, she jogged out a ways them dived in. The only sound she could hear was the water swooshing past her ears, it was calming. After a few underwater breast strokes she surfaced and started swimming out from the beach. With each stroke came a memory. Hiding in a bunker during the Battle of Yamatai, first boarding the Eucharis, the Yule tides, her first op and the screw ups she made, her second operation that she felt that she was pivetol in. With all of the thoughts going throw her mind she rolled over and stared at the stars for a few minutes.

Smiling and letting her mind clear she swam back to where her roommate was and joined her,"Hey Mitsuko'kun, the water's not half bad is it?" She splashed her and giggled.

Beach

Shortly after reaching the ocean, Bors dove in enjoying the feeling that the cool ocean water had compared to the heat of the bonfire. After emerging from under the water he shook the water from his face and ran his hands through his short hair, making a slight mist as the water flew off his head. After a few minutes of splashing around he noticed his other crew members a few meters away, and decided to wade over giving to see what they were up to.

Beach

"Wow...it's so beautiful!" Natsumi said, looking up at the moon above, a big grin spreading across her lips. "I've never seen anything like it before" she glanced at Konoka and Mitsuko and smiled at them, then splashed water at both of them and Bors, who had joined them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back