• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 16] The Nest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeyu listened, not saying a word just yet. He looked at the report that Sune had sent him, comparing it to the one he had written earlier in relation to the ships current status. Using Charisma, he was running simulations on how much more the stress fractures could go before something snapped though he was already intending to inspect those for himself after the briefing to ensure the numbers he had crunched in his head were wrong.

His main worry was that if the ship was placed under more stress, key areas of the superstructure could snap, resulting in more damage than he and his fellow technicians could repair safely. Then, there was the radiation problem, it wasn't severe right now, but he knew that would change.

His expression was all thinking, with a hand up to his face and tapping against his cheek.

"Ramiro has the idea. This is the Star Army. We are flexible," Hanako scowled at Helen. "As we already discussed, we will get specific targets from the scouts later. And we can certainly carry 50 or even 100 troops on board each gunship for a short period of time. What further resources would you want? We already have an entire fleet following our lead. If you are too scared to go I will be happy to reassign you. That goes for anyone here."

"Shosho, with all due respect, I am an intelligence officer, I do not deal in the same hubris which would be associated with officers assigned to leading those who fly face-first into the thick of battle." Helen spoke as she looked to Hanako, locking eyes with her. "When I inform you of the difficulties associated with a mission, and the probabilities of failure or success, I am doing my job. When I tell my superior that there is a high probability that vital resources will be wasted, I am doing my job. When I make it known that there is a distinctive problem with a proposed mission, I am doing my job. As for being scared, yes, I am, but not for myself, I am scared for the sake of the Empire, and her assets." Helen spoke before she stood up from her seat, and bowed. "Shosho, if you feel that you do not require my services, or, if you do not find my services to be of any use to you, then I would humbly recommend that you contact Chujo Tamahagane Mai, and request my re-assignment, which I would not be opposed to. If you desire that I remain on your crew, then I humbly request that you let me do my job, and do not berate me for it, ma'am."

Bors listened into the conversation between the Officers, thanking the powers that be that he wisent part of the officer corps. To much politics, just give me a target to shoot at and I’ll be happy Bors thought still reclining in his chair. Either way Bors was ready to get this show on the road, though he didn't want to speak his mind at the moment, he was to intrigued at the officer debate.

Misato stood up leaning heavily on her chair and spoke up, "It may not be my place to say, but why are you all questioning the ShoSho? We here are all solders of the empire right, out job is to follow orders and defend the empire.not to day I'm not worried by the mission perameters of this mission, but like I said out is my job to serve." Misato awkwardly bowed to the ShoSho and sat back down.

Sune turned towards Misato, "This is not a matter of loyalty, Ketsurui Hanako-Shôshô knows exactly where my loyalty lies. I am sworn to fight by her side and die there if necessary.

But as the First Officer of the Eucharis, it is my responsibility to voice my concerns, and to give the Commander alternatives to consider. Wars are not won by bowing, but ensuring that we come up with a solution that offers the best chance for success. After all we will not win this war if we just throw our lives away. But in the end it is the will of the Shôshô that will determine what we do."

He looked back at Hanako waiting for her decision, and to see the outcome of the exchange between Hanako and Helen.

Ramiro nodded at what Sune said, adding only, "While your duty may be to follow orders and nothing else, the elders here are not enlisted. Following orders is for the enlisted, bettering orders is for the officers."

"If you think you can produce a better plan or improvements, submit them to me in writing and they will be considered," Hanako told Helen, resisting the urge to get angrier and dismiss Helen in front of everyone. She turned to Sune. "This is not a wasteful operation. We will find targets and attack them in the best ways we can, based on the intelligence the scouts give us. Because we do not know what that is yet, we need to be prepared for a wide variety of mission. Carrying infantry units gives us more flexibility. This could be the NMX base of operations. If we can cause setbacks there, it will benefit the entire sector."

"Acknowledged Shosho." Helen said simply, as she returned to sitting, and went about working upon a plan within her digital mind, putting thought to letter as she began to set up a document which would eventually be sent along to Hanako, as well as her superior, Taisho Yui.

Tomomi unconsciously wiped her nose after Misato got done speaking. While it was rather unprofessional for all of the officers debating in front of the junior enlisted, this was not the place for an underling to speak. Especially when it seemed obvious that one was trying to gain points with one of them. Tomomi coughed and then frowned a bit while she listened to Hanako not bending at all.

"We will leave tomorrow morning," Hanako said. "In the meantime, perhaps we should try to relax some. Maybe have a glass of wine..." The Shosho let out a deep breath. "Alternatively if you are the studious type we could go over plans on how we could take out a shipyard by having boarders disable its defenses like we did at Sbuhfaba."

"I would enjoy a glass, Shosho, while I work out a final draft of a revision of the proposed plan." Helen spoke, as she smiled softly to Hanako, with a smile that could mean so many things. Of course, what she did not say, was the fact that due to her NH-27 brain, she was able to already have the rough draft completed, and was already half-way through composing the final draft.

Sune was not one for mixing drinking and working, but he figured Hanako was trying to ease the tension. Then mention of Sbuhfaba caused the images he saw there to come to mind, it really killed his desire to socialize, but for Hanako he would make the effort.

"I will have a glass with you Shôshô, after which I shall withdraw tend to some personal matters." He replied.

Takeyu looked up from his thoughts, thinking on what had just happened. A drink would be nice, something to help cool his worries. "Same, I wouldn't mind having one as well if I may," commented Takeyu before he looked over at Sune. He'd talk with Hanako, but with the mission planning and such he didn't want to run the risk of placing another burden on her shoulders - even though she was the captain, it was still his job to ensure the ship ran smoothly and without problems and he just wanted to make absolutely certain of things before bringing it to Hanako's attention.

"Shosa? Is it alright if I talk to you about a concerning matter related to the ship later?" he sent via telepathy.

Hanako nodded and had the cook bring out a bottle and uncork it. A glass was set down before everyone who would accept one, and each was subsequently filled.

The Shosho raised her glass slightly in a silent mini-toast and took a generous sip. "We have done a similar mission before. We needed more infantry last time. The plan is to split two centuries over the four gunships, giving us each 50 soldiers each, who can work with our boarding teams. Each of the volunteering Eucharis crew will be assigned a role or at least a team. The scouts will go in and find us juicy targets about an hour before we go in, so we will have to think fast."

Akemi accepted a glass and asked that she only be given a little wine. She likewise raised it slightly once it was filled. Afterwards, she took a small sip of its contents. She hadn't said anything about joining their commander in having a drink because she wasn't exactly sure who she was referring to when she made the suggestion.

Sune looked briefly at Takeyu, "Certainly, I am always willing to discuss the safety of the ship and crew." he sent telepathically to the engineer.

He lifted the glass of wine, took a moment to admire its color and fragrance. He was not a connoisseur of wine, but he did like to learn what he could about each.

At the conclusion of Hanako's statement he sampled the wine. The incidents of Sbuhfaba were still clear. Crewmen killed, others maimed as the mission went wrong almost as soon as they entered the facility. Only Hanako made it through relatively unscathed. The worst part was the images of the processing center that still haunted his memory.

He downed his glass and placed it down. "Since the briefing is over, I am going to forgo further socializing and tend to my errands." he said to Hanako. Then after giving a slight bow to her, he turned and walked briskly out of the Wardroom.

Once out of the room he made his way down to Deck two and to his cabin.

Bors swished the wine that was offered to him around in his glass, somewhat hypnotised by the swirling color. Bors was slightly depressed that the officer debate came to an end for he was enjoying it for what it was worth, though he knew if it escalated it wouldn’t be good for the ships cohesion, so he was content and the wine wasn’t half shabby either.

Quickly downing his glass, Bors placed it on the table in front of him and got up from his chair followed Sune out the door. After leaving the wardroom, Bors made a quick stop by the armory to grab a rifle and some weapons cleaning equipment, and then went to his room to relax by doing weapons cleaning.

Takeyu examined the contents of the glass, smiling a bit as he stared before taking a few sips and setting it down. He savored the taste, before drinking the remainder.

When he was done he set the glass down on the table and pondered a few things, before watching Sune leave, then sent a response. "I don't mean to sound selfish, but are you free right now by any chance? I need second opinions on the ships current status along with a few other things before I bring it to the attention of the Shosho," he sent telepathically in response to Sune's reply.

After the Briefing was over Misato got up and hobbled the wardroom for her cabin. She knew her outburst had upset some of the higher-up, and she didn't want to wait around for them to chew her out. With the cast still on her leg she hadn't been able to to much more then to read the new magazines she got at Yule Tide from the ShoSho. She was hoping to be able to get the cast of latter that day.

As she laid down on her bunk she glassed over a manual for some old projectile weapon, but she wasn't taking any of it in. She couldn't get her mind off of what just happened at the briefing. It didn't seem like something to question, but then again that is was she was programed to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…