• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.3] Peoples of the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundry Room

Hanako took a deep breath and nodded to Misato. "Are you asking for me to punish you?" the Shosho inquired.

Laundry Room

Misato was shocked she really didn't know how to answer that question, true that she felt responsible for the whole disaster of a mission. "Ma'am, if that is what honor demands, then yes Ma'am, I feel that I was the leading cause of this mission's failure."

Laundry Room

"I have two ideas, and they are not really punishment but rather more of a remedial training. One: You should be working extra hard training for future missions, doing combat scenarios and exercises. The other is that perhaps I should temporarily assign you to an infantry unit to train and fight with them and learn from it. What do you think?"

Laundry Room

The idea of leaving the ship scared Misato, she didn't want to leave the only home she had every had. "Ma'am I would like to stay aboard the ship," Her face shifted to one of concern, "I'm willing to do what ever is necessary to do that."

Laundry Room

"Very well," said Hanako. "I want you to come up with an idea for a training mission. The mission could be conducting using the latest VCE technology, which would put our crew in a shared simulation. In the virtual world we can develop our military skills without unnecessary risk."

Takeyu sat for another minute or two before he went down to the lounge and gazed at the tree. Another year had passed, another year with him still being alive.

"So, what shall we put up?" he asked Natsumi, walking up behind her with folded arms and staring up at the tree.

Wardroom

Bors finished up his meal before following Takeyu to the crew lounge, and plopped himself down on an empty chair. Think I arrived on this time last year Bors thought as he starred at his hand remembering his first mission on the Eucharis, Still have no idea how I survived that jump

Bors's attention quickly went to the boxes of decorations for the tree, picking one up he began to sort through it to see what he could put on the tree.

Lounge

"Ohhai!" Natsumi almost jumped when Takeyu came up behind her. She had not head him come into the lounge as her attention had been focused on the contents of one of the boxes of decorations.

"Oh, I kinda like these shiny ones" she said, grinning at the Engineer and pointing to the bright colored ornaments in the box she was examining. "Ohh this one" she grinned, reaching in and grabbing one that looked like a ship "And this one!" she pointed excitedly to a bright and shiny colored ball.

"Ohhai!" she said again, this time greeting Bors as he picked up a box of ornaments to help decorate as well.

Wardroom

Mitsuko emptied her plate before taking care of the dishes, smiling and nodding in response. "I'll be waiting, Suzume-chan."

Crew Lounge

Soon enough she had joined Natsumi near the tree. She took several long moments to observe it, eyes scanning back and forth behind her glasses. Murakami sniffed at the unfamiliar scent. This entire situation would take some getting used to. Compared to other things she'd had to deal with since coming about the Eucharis, this would be nothing.

Mitsuko hadn't said anything yet, and she was quiet enough to likely escape Natsumi's notice while the other Neko admired the decorations. The room quickly became more lively as others found their way in. Satisfied with her assessment of the tree, Murakami began poking through some of the ornaments that had already been laid out. She was organizing them, of course, finding others that might still be boxed up to arrange with similar decorations.

"...I don't think these will all fit..." She finally spoke up, frowning a bit as she looked from the growing pile of decorations to the tree. Maybe if she worked up a diagram of the most efficient way to display the ornaments. Allowing for proper spacing, distancing similar decorations, and other factors...

Crew Lounge

Lime came down the stairs with gingerbread cookies and a pitcher full of hot apple cider and began offered some to anyone who wanted them.

Hanako returned to the crew lounge and softly smiled at the pretty tree and the crew around it. When she spotted lime, she helped bring the cider to the bar nook where there were some mugs and poured a glass for herself. As she sipped at it, she reflected on the Eucharis soon reaching her fifth birthday.

Wardroom

Sighing to himself, Ramiro stood and looked around. Another winter was well on its way, a time that never sat well with him. Too many memories of his family, of his life, cold nights spent alone with no shelter, no food. Memories of that girl that he had longed for from a distance, the nameless beauty he knew he would never have. Memories of Kumiko and their time together on Hanako's World. Memories of the war...

Shaking his head a little to try and clear his thoughts, Ramiro made his way downstairs.

Crew Lounge

Noticing Hanako by the cider, Ramiro decided it was time to get something off of his chest. Walking up to her, he stopped a few feet away, stood at attention, and bowed. "Ma'am, if you will allow I would like to get a formality out of the way."

Pausing the clear his throat he continued. "Ketsurui Hanako-Shosho, I hereby request and pledge myself to a four-year reenlistment, effective immediately, under the provision that I may serve under you until such a time that I ask for a transfer or until you tire of me so that you order me from your vessel."

Wardroom

Tomomi managed to keep herself quiet and fairly out of sight. She just kept looking down when the stolen shuttle was mentioned in the discussion. Once that was all done, she placed her dirty plate where it would be cleaned. She hung around in the wardroom for awhile before she decided to go look at the tree.

Crew Lounge

"They'll fit." Tomomi remarked as she came in just in time to hear Mitsuko's comments.

Crew Lounge

Mitsuko sniffed again, as a new scent entered the room. She turned to spot Lime bringing in another new drink...and cookies. As her figure made obvious, she was very familiar with those. She happily took a mug of cider, filling her other hand with gingerbread cookies. Murakami returned to peering at the various ornaments as Tomomi spoke up. "...w-well, I suppose we can make them fit, yes..." She nodded, not yet sipping the hot drink, always cautious. Especially after seeing some of the things the other soldiers enjoyed drinking during their shore leave.

Wes said:
"Very well," said Hanako. "I want you to come up with an idea for a training mission. The mission could be conducting using the latest VCE technology, which would put our crew in a shared simulation. In the virtual world we can develop our military skills without unnecessary risk."

Laundry Room

Misato Nodded, "Yes Ma'am I will work on something to for you to review."
She watch the Sho'sho' leave, once she was alone she fell against the wall and started crying. She didn't want to leave the ship, this was her home, and failing her CO was horrible.

After a few minutes she got her self under control and wiped most of the tears away from her eyes. She tugged at her uniform to make sure it was straight and headed back to the Wardroom.

Wardroom

She saw her roommate studying the tree, "Hey Mimi-chan," she spoke softly, she was still feeling very down. "You helping decorate the tree? or trying to figure out if you can bar-code it and sort the tree's needles into piles by size?" She hoped that Mimi would take it as a joke and not an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back