• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.3] Peoples of the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeyu was about to open his mouth and tell Hanako about the mission, when he heard Ramiro's voice and looked over at him, curiously the soldier stared at Ramiro and then looked over at Hanako and felt it best to wait and see what Hanako might say about this.

Since Darksky had been in discussion with Mango about dinner, Natsumi decided it best to return to her seat and finish her dinner. She stepped back in from the kitchen just in time to catch Ramiro's comment and the change in mood in the wardroom as he handed over his communicator to Hanako.

She had no idea what was going on and quietly took her seat.

Wardroom

"I see," Hanako nodded. "I suppose our space mission was more successful than I thought, putting the Lorath in a position where they will hopefully be willing to sign a peace treaty. If our ship helped bring more order and peace to the galaxy, that is a major accomplishment. But we should really talk about how to improve future away missions. So, again, who can give me some things we did right?"

wardroom

"We got shot up pretty well." Bors said under his breath before popping another piece of fish into his mouth. After taking a sip of his drink he decided to speak up, "Did a decen't job of getting out injured out in a timely fashion. Hell I'm still ticking that has to say something."

Wardroom

"We did take out 5 rippers before injuries started taking their tolls." Misato's guts must have not been fully healed because there was a massive lump growing in them, that or it was guilt for failure to complete the mission, failure to protect her fellow troopers, and failure as a team lead.

Wardroom

Mitsuko reached over to rest her hand on Suzume's shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze. "Um...maybe if we'd taken more time to properly prepare..."

Wardroom

"I agree that preparation was insufficient," Hanako nodded. "Only the infantry brought their power armor, and they ended up going into the facility with only three soldiers instead of the intended five. The lack of security for the shuttle allowed it to not only be looted, but stolen, and for NMX soldiers to use it to slip through the Gartagen fleet undetected."

"All of what has been said is the reason why the mission wasn't successful," remarked Takeyu. "Poor preparation lead to some on the team not having power armor, insufficent security allowed the NMX to steal a shuttle along with all of the supplies on board. Bad intel, at least what I perceive as bad intel, left us unprepared for what we might encounter within the facility."

"Perhaps a refresher course on away team operations is in-store, although I do blame myself for the failure as well in that my leadership wasn't up-to-par."

"What type of preparation would you think would have been helpful? Do you think the team should have scouted the base using stealth before entering?" Hanako suggested. "There are some other points to learn from this mission. For one, never stand next to Mr. Ripper. He will impale you with his aether blade. Next, do not get bogged down in one place. And work as a team instead, moving as a coordinated unit."

Wardroom

Mitsuko tensed up, squeezing Misato's shoulder a bit harder when the captain responded directly to her. She quickly found something very interesting about her plate again, staring down at it. While still in contact, she sent Suzume a short, reassuring message while the others talked. She had a feeling these decisions were above her pay grade.

Wardroom

When Hanako mentioned about the ripper and the aether blade, Misato tensed up. it was nice that her roommate was trying to comfort her but it just made her feel more of a failure.

Reynolds said:
While still in contact, she sent Suzume a short, reassuring message while the others talked.

'Thank you, but I should have been stronger and more efficient, then none of this would have happened.' she returned the message to Mitsuko.

Focusing on the conversation between the CO and the Taii, she wasn't sure why Hanako was being so condescending, but then again Suzume deserved it.

Wardroom

It seemed no one wanted to talk about their experience. Hanako hoped that they would at least learn from it. "I suppose that is it," the Shosho told everyone. "You are free to get some rest or decorate the tree. We will be arriving at Yamatai during the night. If anyone wants to pair up and do some shore leave, message me with the details. Good night everyone."

Wardroom

Natsumi had remained quiet during the post mission discussion. She had shown up as a late edition to the away mission, bringing medical support, supplies and a shuttle and figured her portion of the mission, at least, had gone well.

Once dinner was over and everyone dismissed, Natsumi went to admire the tree. She had never seen one before and thought she should and help decorate it.

Takeyu had been silent most of the time, he was thinking, and thinking so hard that he hadn't caught Hanako's initial question until she had stated that they were done. "Actually Ma'am," he said and looked up at Hanako. "Stealth would've been a good option, but we had the issue with tight quarters."

"To be honest, an officer should've been assigned to the away team from the start. I'm not saying that our enlisted are incapable of leading, just that given the nature of hte mission and how we weren't entirely sure whether there were still enemies on the ground, an officer there could've from the start could've solved some of our problems."

"A fly over of the insertion site could've provided us some evidence of possible enemy activity around the base. However, this mission also revealed some weaknesses in our own technology, most notably our drones. I'm already working on updating them to current standards, possibly improving them so that they aren't.... as weak of an asset."

"However, when it comes to security for the shuttle, I do take the blame for that as I should've been expecting the NMX to be in the area or at least close by."

Wardroom

Mitsuko poked at what food was left on her plate. Maybe we could take a closer look at that tree? She moved her hand off Suzume's shoulder after sending that message, needing both hands to finish her meal. She stopped again fairly quickly as the discussion continued, not wanting to seem rude.

Wardroom

Hanako was just getting up when Takeyu spoke. "The mission was to get the ST data. If the team had been able to sneak in and get it without combat, that would have been fine too. But the shuttle came close enough that it gave away the chance for the element of surprise," she answered. "I am just pleased no one was captured," she added quietly.

The Shosho then straightened her skirt and walked past the buffet line and down the step to the slightly lower level of the wardroom, and then headed down the red-carpeted stairs into the crew lounge where the tree was set up.

WardRoom

Reynolds said:
Maybe we could take a closer look at that tree?

Yha, sure that sounds fun. but I have to do something before I can, meet you down there?

Misato finished up eating and thought about everything said during the debrief. She felt guilty of causing the whole debunkle. The only thing she could think of doing is speaking to the CO personally in private, so she sent a private message to Hanako, Ma'am, Is there any chance to speak to you in private?

Crew Lounge

"Meet me in the laundry room," Hanako told Misato, moving past the light-covered tree and into the laundry room. While she waited, she pulled a small load of her black undergarments out of one of the dryers and placed them into a basket.

Wardroom

Natsumi decended into the lounge, where the christmas tree was located. She smiled, seeing it partially decorated with bright colored lights and ornaments, some of which resembled their ship

"Oh this is awesome!" She said, taking a deep breath and enjoying the earthy sweet scent of the tree.

Set near bye were boxes with additional ornaments to decorate with. Natsumi glanced around, no one else had come down yet to help out. She wondered if she should wait for the others., then shrugged and went to the boxes, opening one and looking through to find something shiny to hang on the tree.

Wes said:
"Meet me in the laundry room,"

Wardroom

Misato stood from the table and placed her plate in the reciprocal, Mimi-chan I have to speak to the XO I'll meet you at the tree here in a bit. with that she headed to the laundry room.

Laundry Room

She walked into the laundry and stood at attention, "Ma'am, I am here to take full responsibility of the the mission failure. I took command in the shuttle, lead Darksky and Bors out to engaged the attackers, I also failed to make sure the shuttle was properly guarded. under my lead we charged into the cave systems leading to Bors injuries and and collapse of the mission. My actions were rash, and I kept forcing myself to the fount of the combat, with out considering consequences." Once she finished speaking she stood stalk still at attention waiting for Hanako to decide what to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back