• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 17.3] Peoples of the North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge

"I was joking you that thought I made a good decoration to look at," Hanako explained. "I am serious, though, that I think a good commander leads from the front like Taisho Yui does. But I understand it is risky. I have had plenty if abduction expieriences before and I am not interested in repeating them.

On the Eucharis' external sensors, the Firebird fired up its propulsion systems and broke out of orbit with its fold system charging.

"Firebird to Eucharis, departing system on orders, into harms way. Good luck my friends. Firebird out." After the message all communication channels including PANTHEON shut down.

As soon as it reached the edge of the Hills Sphere, the Firebird vanished in a teal flash.

At that moment an encoded message came in for Hanako.
//SACN Encryption Active - Commander's Eyes Only //
To: Ketsurui Hanako-Shosho, Commander YSS Eucharis
Subject: YSS Firebird.

Commander,
I find the recent events in the north disturbing and constitute a threat to the Empire. I have ordered Jalen-Chusa to take the Firebird and meet with four other ships. We need to know what is going on up there, and since the Chusa saw fit to outfit the Firebird with some unusual equipment, it seemed a waste to have it just sitting in orbit over Ether.

Your former officer appears to be a man who does not give up when presented with a puzzle. It hope that his time with you will give him what he needs to bring back the information we require, and bring his people back safely.

Tamahagane Mai-Chujo
Director SAINT.
//SACN Encryption Ends - Channel closed.//

Bridge

Nayacesen-Taii to Eucharis, I have three soldiers in need of medical treatment, request a medical team be sent.

Hanako got on the radio. "Takeyu, this is Hanako, could you please use the standard format and give descriptions of the injuries and give us a list of each team member and their status? All I can see here is armor status displays. Also be advised the YSS Firebird away team aborted its mission to help you due to lack of contact and their ship has left the system."

Next, Hanako called the medical lab.

Medical Lab

"Bors! I am sorry to have to leave you, but we have another injury," Blueberry said after hanging up the phone. "When the screen over there says 'complete' you can get out of the tank. It should be only about ten minutes more." Blueberry then stepped out, headed back to the shuttle bay.

Bridge

While everyone was waiting on the armor team, a shuttle from Star Army Logistics arrived. Hanako left the bridge with Ramiro again went down the power armor deck to see Blueberry off and welcome the Logistics staff, which turned out to be a Phodian and a Delsaurian. The two soldiers promptly unloaded a gorgeous and fragrant live blue spruce tree with a modified, miniature P4 unit to sustain the tree attached to the bottom. The tree was moved to the crew lounge, followed by boxes containing two complete duty uniforms for each of the crew members.

Lounge

Once the away team got home to Eucharis, they could start to decorate the new holiday tree. Victory put a golden "skirt" around the base of the tree and got out the color light strands, the tinsel, and the ornaments from their boxes. Little Plumeria gunships and Yui Scouts, furry miniature Kodians, and other ornaments soon were laid out near the tree.

Galley

Mango smiled as she made the first treats of the holiday season, starting with KS coins made of chocolate and bills made of shortbread, sprinkled sugar cookies in the shape of trees, and gingerbread houses covered in sweets. Tonight the wardroom would also be serving hot cocoa and eggnog, which would last until the new year. It was a little earlier than last year, but the captain had felt like the crew needed something to lift their spirits after the unfriendly frozen wastes of Ether.

Lounge

Once the logistics shuttle was gone, Hanako went to the lounge and opened the uniform boxes and began putting the new uniforms on the appropriate beds for each crew member. It was a good opportunity for an impromptu room inspection, too. As she entered each room, she took a look around to see how everyone was living.

Crew Cabin 2

Yamashiro Natsumi's portion of the small cabin she shared with Riko Bors was organized and tidy. Her bunk made, bedding neat and orderly. In her storage compartment her uniforms were hung, other duty clothing and personal clothing folded and sorted in their specific places. Her few personal effects were neatly stowed away in the lower section of her locker. Everything was done with the sense of precision and efficiency instilled upon her while in training.

Crew Cabin 2

As opposed to Yamashiro Natsumi's portion of the room, Riko Bors's was slightly less organized. Though everything was in place something seemed slightly off compared to Natsumi's perfect organization. One thing that did stand out a pile of various weapons schematics that Bors had taken notes on whist he camped out in the arms room, along with several vehicle diagrams with Bors's Nepleslian chicken scratch over them.

Shuttlebay, Armor Bay

As soon as armored doors closed and the air rushed into the Eucharis' cramped little shuttle back, Blueberry opened the rear door of the T7 and pushed the Grav gurney into the armor bay where she removed Misato's armor suit, revealing her blackened and mangled torso. Everything from the ribcage down to the upper thighs was burned from the inside. From there it was straight to the medical lab for emergency surgery and a repair bath in the synth-blood tanks.

Shosho Hanako arrived in the armor bay just in time to see the devastation. "Once you get cleaned up, we have dinner in the wardroom," she told the team.

Cabin 3 - Takeyu

The cabin that Takeyu shared with Ramiro, at least the side that he was using, was pretty well kept. The bed was made to standards, in his locker, his clothing and uniforms were tucked away neatly although there was a shirt that could've been considered out of place. A small wooden box had his medals and previous rank pins in them.

On the desk nearest the lockers was a picture of Sakura along with Layven, the two girls were in the foreground while Takeyu was in the background wearing casual clothing. He was kneeling down with a pleasant look on his face while his sisters had been smiling, both wearing what could be considered school uniforms.

Shuttle

Takeyu leaned up against the interior of the shuttle, part of him wondering what had gone wrong, was it just that he wasn't leadership material right now or was there just something in the mission that he hadn't accounted for? He wasn't sure, but the one thing he did know was that he needed to get better at this. "Blueberry-Chui, take care of her please," said Takeyu when as he observed Blueberry leaving the shuttle with the grav-garney.

Perhaps one of the reasons for them not being able to accomplish the mission, at least in his mind, was because he cared more about those on his team than about the mission - he wasn't like Helen, whom he felt would just throw people away all due to ST Back-up technology; a technology he felt they shouldn't abuse. A person's life is precious to him, just because they have the ability to resurrect someone after death didn't mean that you should just throw their life away meaninglessly.

The drones, they proved useful to an extent but were also quite useless as well.. this mission exposed a number of their weaknesses so it wasn't a total loss....

"Charisma, do I have access to the full schematical breakdown of the current NSB drones that we use? If so, send them to me please," he asked and sat down on the shuttle's bay and looked at the rest of the team. "Change out of your armor and relax a bit, get something hot to eat. Check your armor, make a report on any damage to it and myself and Cherry-heisho will get to it when we can," the officer didn't sound depressed nor angry he was just calm and compossed though deep down inside he already knew that Hanako would probably give him an ear-full for the missions failure - though perhaps that was just part of the job: you can't win them all and failure didn't mean the end, it just meant that you learned from it and moved on and got better and stronger.

Shuttle

Mitsuko was quiet on the ride back. This was another mission where nothing seemed to go right. Maybe that's just how it would always be.

Once on board the Eucharis, she was happy to stow her weapons and remove her helmet. "I could use a shower..." That was the first thing she'd said since they left Ether. As she retrieved the AMES and winter coat she'd been wearing, she suddenly realized something.

"I lost my uniform! It...it was on the shuttle. The other shuttle!" She paced in the shuttle bay, clanking, still in her armor. "Tomomi's too..." Murakami looked at what she was holding...letting out a sigh. This would have to do, in a pinch...

Cabin 4

Thankfully, the captain was supplying her with new uniforms, although she didn't know it yet. Her room was painfully neat. The items she'd picked up from their earlier surprise cargo were displayed on her desk, lined up perfectly. Everything seemed to be turned at proper right angles in relation to the desk itself. The mini fridge was even precisely settled into the corner, although she hadn't found anything to store inside it yet.

Mitsuko had a problem with leaving Misato's half of the room alone, so any mess the other Neko left was promptly tidied up. So, the state of her half would depend on who had last been in the room. Both beds did sport the fresh, new bedclothes she had picked out from that same cargo.

Cabin 5

During the journey to Ether, Jonathan had finalized the movement of his effects into his new berth. There was little evidence, if any, to account for the previous occupant. His bed, and indeed all areas containing any personal effects, were seen to be neat and orderly; parade level precision and attention to detail only marred by any effect previous maneuvers may had taken during Eucharis' jaunt through less than friendly spaces.

There were, as yet, no items that would display just who the resident of his space was. Not even a picture.

Shuttle Bay

The armored form of Jonathan Darksky watched silently as Misato was pulled from the shuttle and her armor removed. Before, the damage didn't look too serious, beyond the scorching around entry and exit holes. He didn't quite know how to react to this mission's less than positive outcome: two wounded, and both of them were his infantry comrades. Beyond that, his own armor as well as Natsumi's had been damaged, though he had fared better in that department. Most of his was superficial; only the helmet and forearm shield required any repairs of significant note.

At the order from Takeyu to doff their armor and inventory the required repairs, the lone infantryman turned to Natsumi. "Your systems are in bad shape. I offer my assistance, if it is needed or desired."

Reynolds said:
Mitsuko had a problem with leaving Misato's half of the room alone, so any mess the other Neko left was promptly tidied up. So, the state of her half would depend on who had last been in the room. Both beds did sport the fresh, new bedclothes she had picked out from that same cargo.

Cabin 4

Misato's share of the room looked fairly unused as she did sleep there the night before. Though there where a few empty liquor bottles on the desk top and a e-reader with a journal up on it. it contained drunken ramblings about how the wasn't sure where things fit in the universe and if she was a real person. Her closet and drawers are neat and organized and up to regulations other then the full unopened liquor bottles she had hidden there.

Labyrinth-Shuttle-Medical
Misato Suzume's memories where very fragmented for awhile, starting when she finished talking to the Taii. There was the faint feeling of weightlessness as she was loaded onto the stretcher, she believed that she muttered something about not wanting to lose her current body, it was hers.

A flash of blackness.

The roof of the shuttle when she screamed about where her sub-machine gun was, she couldn't lose it or she would die. She also remember the pain as the shuttle bumped and shook.

A flash of blackness

The launch bay of the ship, as they removed her armor, she could smell her own cooked flesh. She figured that they where going to kill her and let her be resurrected in a new body, She started to struggle before falling back into the darkness.

A flash of blackness

She woke up in a Hemosynthetic Reconstruction Tube, floating, it was an interesting feeling; she didn't feel any pain, but she was very tired. Looking out of the tube she saw movement so she tapped on the glass to try to get whoever attention it was to come over and see her.

Medical Lab

"Try to relax, Misato," Blueberry told the healing neko. Meanwhile, Bors was ready to get out of his tube, and Blueberry let Riko know with a knock on the glass of his tube and began to drain it. Soon, he would be standing on his own again, although slimy and naked.

"You are luck you made it. You can shower off in the decon room across the passageway," Blueberry told Riko. "The clothes you left when you suited up should be in there."

Wardroom

Hanako returned to the wardroom. Lime and Mango were working in the kitchen, with Lime busy with dinner and Mango working on cookies and treats. Tonight's menu was a good one: chipotle salmon with jasmine rice and fresh steamed broccoli (and optional cheese). Also available was fried calamari with diced limes and key lime pie for dessert.

The Shosho waited for the crew to join her.

Shuttle Bay

Takeyu waited until everyone had departed the shuttle before leaving himself, he headed into the armorbay and got out of his armor, putting it up on the rack and making note of some of the damage to it from the engagements.

He walked down the line and stared at the other armors from his team, inspecting each and every one of them before he straightened his uniform and streching his shoulders; which felt a bit stiff right now. As he left the armor bay for the Wardroom, he started on his AAR.

Cabin 4

Mitsuko eventually managed to work out her clothing situation, switching from Mindy to AMES to her new uniform. She frowned down at the outfit, not seeming too fond of it. The old uniform had been all she'd known since she'd been created, after all. And she'd gone and lost it. Murakami had assumed she'd get it replaced, but now the uniforms had changed entirely. She was actually getting a bit misty-eyed as she thought about it.

Sniffling, she grabbed one of the new uniforms that had been left for Misato. After disposing of the empty bottles on the desk and straightening the other items, she headed for Medical with the new clothing. Her roommate would need something to wear to dinner after she finished recovering. Mitsuko would wait to accompany her from Medical to the Wardroom.

Shuttle Bay

Now that the away team had returned Natsumi had time to properly inspect her power armor's systems. The results from her suits on board computer was not good. The hits she had taken to the left side of her armor and the backpack were pretty bad.

Her attention was diverted from her own suit though as Misato was carted off the shuttle and her armor was removed, revealing the full extend of her wounds. Natsumi turned away, unable to take the sight of the horrifying gash to Misato's abdomen. She knew her fellow Neko would be alright after a visit to the Hemosynthetic Reconstruction Tube, but seeing the wounds made Natsumi's stomach turn.

She set herself about removing her armor, but the reduced mobility due to the damage to her systems was giving her trouble.

"Your systems are in bad shape. I offer my assistance, if it is needed or desired."
Jonathan Darksky said, catching her attention.

"Oh, yes, please" Natsumi replied, "Thank you Darksky-Hei" she gladly accepted his help.

Later...

After being helped out of her damaged MINDY by Jonathan, Natsumi had gone to the showers to clean up, then returned to her cabin. She had been greeted by a pair of new uniforms when she had stepped into her small shared living space and had gladly put on the fresh outfit before heading to the Wardroom to join the crew for a much needed dinner. She had not noticed how hungry she was until she stepped into the Wardroom and was greeted by the small of tasty food.

Medical Lab

After what seemed like forever (but wasn't) Misato was healed and ready to join the others at dinner

Wardroom

fetch.php

Dinner was ready and out on the self-serve buffet line. Hanako had made herself a plate and was seated at the end of the table with the kitchen wall behind her and the wardroom's window in front of her. It was into night shift now and Blackberry was piloting the ship. Outside the window, the stars were streaking by as the ship left the Ether system on a Southern course.

Med Lab

Misato was relived when the tank drained and let her out. She was still sore, but at least she was up and moving again. When she realized she was standing there in the nude, so she used her ability to create a holo-image of cloths, and projected her swim on to herself.

It was nice to find her roommate waiting for her. "Hey Mitsuko-chan," Misato smile warmly, "I need to grab a shower, then I'm going up to speak to the Sho'Sho'." it was only then she saw that her roommate had a spare uniform in hand. "If you want to can head up with out me, if not you can follow me to the showers."

Wardroom

Hanako halfway finished her meal, feeling exasperated at the empty wardroom. After bringing her dishes to the scullery, she returned to the bridge with a frown on her face.

"Helen," she said as she passed through the bridge's sliding doors. "When we return to Yamatai, you are transferring off the ship. You cannot say I did not give you a chance. Go and pack your things. We will be there within the hour."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back