• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 2, Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom winced visibly as he finished the last bit of cake on his plate with his fingers.

"Oh please," he said with a dismissive wave of his hand at Asher. "That's worse than any pick up line I've ever used!"

He smirked at Yukari.

"And I've used my fair share of idiotic one-liners."

He simply cackled gleefully at Miyoko's response.

Yukari was worried that, after Sanjuro's ... gift summary, Asher's own "gift" would push Miyoko across a boundary no one wanted to see crossed.

Her retort, however, made her giggle. Asher was put in his place yet again; he seemed to require that often. Her eyes floated up to find Tom's cackling face, and she made her way straight up to him.

"I am fortunate enough to have my gift already," she said loud enough for anyone to hear, but speaking directly to him. "Pity I cannot unwrap it at the moment."

Asher chuckled at Miyoko's response, but the Hei wasn't kidding. He was expecting a little more of a biting response, but he guessed he was lucky she actually had a sense of humor. It was 'her' birthday and despite his outward appearence, his intentions were less intimate than what the others may have thought.

"Alright, alright, slow that down, make a list and include the things don't require smarts." Asher grinned.

After swinging his wooden sword around a while, Kai began to get tired and bored. He was calming down and decided he needed to be distracted, so he put his gear away and changed into something more comfortable; a T-shirt and a pair of pants. After regaining his composure and a bit of his breath, the tall Yamataian left his room and headed back towards the Wardroom to be with the others. "Maybe they won't be drunk when I get there" he mused, mumbling to himself.

Yoroko was shocked slightly when Sanjuro presented his gift. It seemed uncharacteristic of the medic, who normally followed Miyoko around and pointed out her every mistake. At first Yoroko thought it to be an attempt at being cute, but as time had progressed Yoroko couldn't tell if it was out of hatred that Sanjuro dogged Miyoko, or just pure social stupidity. "Ano, Ashitaka-Heisho..." Yoroko said quietly once the attention had slightly shifted focus to Asher trying to 'offer' himself to Miyoko. "I'm not sure that was appropriate." Yoroko said, almost mumbling the words. "It was very...insulting I think."

Yoroko giggled as Miyoko ticked off the list of things for Asher to do, "Ne, ne Westwood-Hei, you had better get to work. I imagine you're going to do more than just that!" Yoroko said jokingly.

"I'm afraid I don't follow," Sanjuro replied to Yoroko, still maintaining his gaze away from her as she spoke...he seemed to have a bad habit of doing it. He still listened fairly well, never the less, as he leaned back and observed the rest of the participants at the table.

"You more or less questioned Miyoko's ability to do her job. It's bad enough that you have been following her around for a week implying that she is incapable," Yoroko said detachedly, "but that you added additional insult today of all days. Additionally you did so in front of most of the crew, when she was the subject of attention." After she finished speaking Yoroko turned her head to look at Sanjuro.

"When you look at everything that we just found out about, how could you even think that it was a good idea to do that?" Yoroko asked, her voice remained calm as she spoke. Privately Yoroko was upset, but she wasn't about to make this matter any bigger than it already was.

"If Saito-Hei did not approve, then she should not thank me for my help. I am helping her with her priority and lack-of-interest problems," Sanjuro replied in a low voice, as to not raise attention. He still would not look at Yoroko, instead finding much more fascination in this Asher fellow, from the looks of it. "It is refreshing to see one whom takes criticism so well. I think Saito-Hei is a very appreciative learner, and has many inefficiencies that can be corrected with time and work."

Yoroko sighed. "I don't think you understand what I mean Ashitaka-Heisho." Yoroko said. "Do you know anything about psychology Ashitaka-Heisho?" Yoroko asked. "Nevermind. Forget I asked." Yoroko said as she stepped away. He just doesn't understand. she silently concluded. Yoroko grabbed another glass of champagne and began to drink it. "Ne Saito-Hei, what do you think of your new slave?" Yoroko asked teasingly.

The party descended into general revelry and chaos soon after that, with the crew celebrating the end of the war, the birthdays of two of its crew, and the future that would soon greet them. Hours passed, but soon the crew generally broke off and found their own respective places to sleep away the party.

Mission 2: END

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back