• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 2, Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sora had continued to her business in the main medical bay- organizing her supplies and medicines in the categorized order that Sanjuro had suggested and starting to plan her field triage simulation on her data pad.

"Kohosei, would you please join us?" The message popped up before Sora as she worked; it was from Yukari, and it had their location.

The Shosa was looking to the crew at the moment, and she frowned, though not at their efforts. "I am at a loss ... "

Miharu took the opportunity to pipe up.

"You could detect the pockets left by the probes," the computer said. "The mini-CFS units on the probes are displacing the gas in the nebula one way or another. You could organize a search pattern for the ship to follow, and modify the sensors to chart the particle content of the nebula and look for the pockets. We have the dimensions of the probes, so it's not too hard.

"As soon as you find a pocket, use the RDD on it and determine what it is, right? Then, if it's a probe, blast it with the interdiction system and reveal it! If it isn't one, keep trying. Easy, right?"

"Hai! Yes Shosa, I shall be there shortly," the young Ketsurui replied brightly as she received the executive officer's request to come to the sensor dome. She rose from her seat and adjusted her skirt down, smoothing out the wrinkles before smiling at the others in the medical bay.

"I'm going up to the sensor dome. Ashitaka-Heisho if you'd like, you can continue to organize our inventory by purpose or inspect the hemosynth equipment for optimum efficiency. I'm sure it's all properly calibrated but if you'd like to double check, that'd be fine. If it needs to be adjusted, we should try to fix it immediately," she suggested to her very grim and rather stuffy medic with a soft and friendly smile. "I also intend on running a field triage simulation within the next couple of weeks so if you'd like to review field triage techniques- that'd also be a good usage of time. If you could get a volunteer- you could practice stabilization of broken limbs and the like."

"Ichi-kun, if you could assist Ashitaka-Heisho if you're not too busy with your calculations, that'd be lovely. I'll be back later," Sora smiled brightly again as she left the medical bay and headed up to the sensor dome.

"Measuring gas displacement seems like it would be good to find a few, but could prove time consuming if we need to find a lot," Takuma said, jumping back into the conversation after a pause from racking his brain. "If you find a pocket and head off in one direction, you could completely miss the others and we'd wander aimlessly into space."

"Would it be possible to either just bring the probe on board or have a crew of power armors interface with it manually? If it was left behind by a ship, it should either have a location of other probes, a program to keep it running with at least a log to mark its travels or an equation describing its path, or if nothing else a log inside of its computer? I don't see how it could be hard to get into the data base. Even if it has a protocol that erases data when tapped into, we find a pocket of gas and try again on a new one."

Takuma did believe in the logic of his plan, but like last time, he was waiting for some key fact he probably missed to ruin everything.

"That could work," Miyoko conceded to the Miharu, annoyed with herself for not thinking of it first. "Finding them that way should be fairly simple, too... With the low pressure and scarcity of the medium, the nebula should be less dense behind the probes if they're moving at all relative to it. As long as they've been out here, the trails could be kilometers long by now." She turned to Takuma, "And between the two of us and the technicians, I imagine that we can find some way to extract information from a probe if we lose the trail."

"It is settled then," Yukari said with a relieved smile. "Saito-Hei, Takuma-Heisho, please carry out Miharu's suggestion immediately. Take what time you need to modify the sensors, and choose assistants if necessary. For now, the rest of us will return to our previous duties. Dismissed."

Tom listened to the information from Miharu as it was presented to him. Currently, he was stuck in the Subdeck, angrily clanging wrenches against what he felt was STILL causing the weakened stream of aether to Miharu's cannons.

"Damn it! I had all day to do this yesterday and the damn thing still isn't working? What good am I if I can't fix my own damn ship!?"

With an angry sigh, he plopped down near a console and brought a volumetric display of the Subdeck's systems layout. He sat there, intently studying the structure, waiting for a moment of inspiration to strike him.

Sora entered the sensor dome and smiled at those that were there. "Shosa, you called for me?"

"I did, but unfortunately, Miharu has solved our dilemma for us. In the meantime, however, I do have a request. Could we talk privately, for a moment?" Yukari gestured toward outside of the sensor dome.

Sora nodded and walked towards where Yukari gestured towards, "Oh. Of course, Shosa Suzuka. What's on your mind, ma'am?" She asked politely with a friendly smile. She was curious as to why she had been called and of course, about what it was that Yukari wanted to request of her.

Yukari waited until the door shut outside of the sensor dome, and everyone else had left. "It is somewhat embarrassing." She winced a little. "I wanted to talk to you about it during the trip here, but an opportunity did not arise. I fear I can wait no longer."

She took a small breath ... then let it out, without saying anything. "It is still too embarrassing." Yukari bucked up, but spoke telepathically in Yamataian, after alerting Sora to the proper encryption key. "Tom and I are intimate, yes? I, ah, wanted to try something, with him. To change things, yes? Give him new experiences, yes? I feel that is important. He works very hard, and is sometimes sore after working on the Miharu. So I, ah, wanted to do this. Um."

Yukari checked to see if anyone was around. Seeing no one, she made an awkward gesture to Sora, trying to avoid using an obscenity she could not pronounce. "That. I ... I do not wish to intrude upon your privacy, and we have very little time, so I wanted to ask you, from a medical standpoint, if it is a valid thing to do."

Sora watched Yukari curiously as a fierce blush appeared on her cheeks. She nodded before responding in the proper encrypted telepathic Yamataian. "I.... I suppose it is possible! I've never... but... I've heard of it being done. It's a different variable but it is valid. I'd suggest further study and experimentation but I hear it is very... enjoyable for both partners..."

Her eyes looked away from Yukari's face as she pictured the gesture in practice in her mind. Her blush deepened as she looked back up at Yukari again. "I had never actually thought to try it but it seems like it'd be fun."

Yukari's face was as red as Sora's, but she nodded. "I — I see. I will, ah, attempt it, and perhaps inform you of the results? In the interest of furthering knowledge." She was glad she wasn't asked where she heard — or in her case, read — about it.

"I see. Well! Ah. Thank you, Kohosei-san. I appreciate, your assistance in this, matter." Yukari tossed her braid behind her head. "I will be sure to talk to you after I attempt to fulfill your advice."

With a quick bow, she walked away toward the bridge, face still hot. Upon arriving, she informed Kotori of what transpired and the plan they planned to implement.

"That sounds like a start," Kotori gave her executive officer a nod and gestured to the navigation station. "We will get underway at your convenience." The black-haired nekovalkyrja turned to look at Nyton. "Claymere-Shoi, would you please collect the chibi-MEGAMI probe and for storage in one of our launchbays?"

"Roger that Kotori-sama." Nyton replied before he bowed slightly and was underway to accomplish this task.

Collecting the probe with the graviton beam projectors was fairly easy. All Nyton had to do once he had hold of it was reel it in one of the launchbays.

Kotori nodded in satisfaction and looked over to Yukari. "Shosa, take us in and bring us to where we will begin our first sweep."

Sora sighed lightly as she made her way towards the ship's observation deck where she though there might be a few plants. She hoped that she might be able to tend to some or possibly plant some if she could.

"Yes Taisa," Yukari said, bringing the ship about and heading into the nebula and the gaseous part. She kept the ship steady and partially stealthed, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back