• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 21] Return to Ether (YE 36)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Armour Bay

Kale sat on the floor of the Armour bay eyes unseeing and inattentive. Instead of images of the outside world lines of code swept across his consciousness. Unlike some he preferred to keep a personal track on the mental backup as it occurred.

Code:
95% complete

Uploading file YE 35/12
Uploading file YE 36/1

97% complete

Verifying data.

Verification complete. Memory data transfer 100% complete.

Indexing...

Complete.

Full Consciousness backup successful. Have a nice day.

Blinking to reset his optical feed Kale stretched to relieve the tension in his muscles and stood, his legs protesting their sudden change in position after what seemed an eternity of being stationary. Bringing up an internal console he technician took a quick check of the suits vitals, it wouldn't do to have a system go inexplicably wrong if it had not been installed properly.

Armor Bay

Bors took his time leaving the armory, he wasn't really in any rush seeing as this was a training mission of sorts. Tossing his clothes aside he got into his MCAS and did a self test. Once the feeds came back to him and stating everything was at 100% he took a moment to flex his arms and get used to wearing the suit again. His injuries weren't hurting him too much and he could deal with it as long as nothing decided to really start shooting at them.

Once sealed up in the bulk of her PA, Chieko began moving and flexing, making sure every joint had its prescribed range of motion. When she caught Bors changing however, she made sure to give him a wolf whistle before going back to her motion checks. With those finished, the academic then looked over at her rifle, thinking to shoulder it so that at least that part was ready while she remained helmetless.

Bridge

"It shouldn't be an issue to incorporate live fires, ma'am," Junko replied, shaking her head judiciously. She glanced around at the other crew members on the Bridge at the moment, and considered those - present and otherwise - that had been detailed to the ground mission. Training away teams was useful and the utility of training both separate elements at the same time was obvious, but part of her wanted the whole crew present for damage control drills. It had been a while now since her last proper battle but the memories of the feverish, stressed pace of performing repairs under fire with limited personnel was still crystal clear. She just hoped that if the worst happened, no one on the crew would forget how to patch a hull breach properly, find a power relay shut-off, or put out a compartment-wide fire.

"I can brief you in private at your convenience, Shosho, to preserve the integrity of the scenario."

Bridge

Natsumi's ears perked up at the words 'live fire' and she turned her attention to Junko, big red eyes willing her silently to put them through a space battle simulation. The operations neko could feel her fingers itching at the thought of blasting away at something with the guns or laying waste to a target with the Aether shock cannon.

They needed to practice space combat. There had been so much focus on ground operations Natsumi was more than sure what few people on the ship needed to be around for managing the Eucharis in a space engagement were getting rusty. She knew she had to be since she had not once been able to employ her training as a starship gunner her entire career.

Bridge

"Yes, Asami will work with the ground team," Hanako answered Misato.

"Very good," Hanako nodded to Junko, rising from her seat and stepping outside the bridge into the passageway between it and her cabin.

Last edited:
Bridge

Asami returned Misato's bow, giving her a polite smile as she replied.

"Yes I do know how to pilot PAs though it has been a little while. I am most familiar with the M7 Sarahs."

She was getting ready to reply to Hanako's offer for a cup of tea when it seemed that the conversation over the day's drill continued forward. She hid her surprise well when she was voluntold about her participation in the exercise. Keeping an easy smile she nodded to everyone.

"I suppose I am needed down in the Power Armor Bay. Anything I need to know or any information needed from me before I depart?"

She directed her questions more to Misato then anyone else.

((Sorry it took me so long post guys!! XD Normally the site sends me an email that there has been activity in the thread I'm in.))

Reactions: Wes
Misato smiled. "Well you can follow me down. I got to go get my PA running and a update done, then It's getting the gear in the cargo bay ready to go for the training the second we hit the dirt..." She tried to be polite, but she wasn't the most congenial person aboard. With a wave to follow and a nod to Takeyu, Misato was out the door on her way to the PA Bay.

As she walked she sent a message to Mitsuko, "Once you have donned and readied your PA and have your back up down I would like to speak to the logistics officer about getting some gear ready for training."

Asami smiled in appreciation to Misato. Giving everyone else on the bridge a small nod she turned and followed her out to the p-way. As she followed Misato, Asami appraised her politely. Giving a few seconds of silence, Asami finally cleared the air.

"So Nitô Heisho, I'm afraid I haven't been properly acquainted with you. I am Asami, what might your name be? And if I may ask, how long have you been on the Eucharis?"

"A long time.. like close to three years..." Misato answered as they moved through the ship. At first she debated if she should introduce herself with anything more then rank and Sir name, but that would be too mean to someone who was going to be watching her back.

"I'm Misato Suzume... Been here a long time... I think sometimes too long, after seeing so many people come and go..." She continued walking but her voice was at least attempting to be polite. "So do you know how to use a rifle and pistol? Or along with Basic Mindy Training will I have to teach that too? If so... I might have you teach me how to use those fancy swords of yours... I got one made from the hull of a ship i would like to learn how to use, more then just a fancy bayonet." she smiled back at the newest crew member, "You being a ninja and all." this of coarse was in jest to cover Misato's nervousness.

PA Bay

Mitsuko perked up at the message, tilting her head as she considered it. She replied while continuing to go over her suit's readings in fine detail, although she was just about done.

"That task is almost complete. Speaking of training gear, your new Mindy is here, waiting for your examination." She reflexively looked over at the shiny new suit, standing out from the standard issue Mindys. "Initial setup and customization might take a while. Should I wait here to assist you, or change and meet you in the Cargo Bay, Misato-Heisho?"

"Which every you fill like doing, but I need on of the large survival kits, enough of those cold weather suits (we have in storage) and the Troll tank prepped to roll out. We got live fire training and cold weather survival. I hope people are ready for a sleep out. But the order of things happening doesn't matter as long as they are ready by the them we hit the dirt. OH and thank you for the fast turn around time on that Mindy for me! I fear to ask what you had to do to get it so soon." Misato sent the message back to Mitsuko as she walked to the PA bay.

Bridge

"Ma'am." With a nod, Junko followed the Shosho out into the passageway. Standing at something just short of parade rest, she dug a communicator out of her pocket and, setting it up to display the training brief volumetrically, offered it to her superior. She extended her left wrist, revealing her MFB which displayed a copy for her to follow along with.

"As you can see, ma'am, I've adjusted the plan to accommodate live fires. With the safety considerations in place, I believe there is minimal risk of any incidental or collateral damage. And with Charisma as OC, we have further risk mitigation. Do you have any concerns, ma'am?"

PA Bay

Mitsuko wrestled with her helmet, getting it off by the time Misato entered the area. She was grinning, eyes shining without her glasses, blushing slightly at the compliment. "I just asked nicely, Suzume-chan." She stepped away from her armor's storage area, gesturing to the new Mindy with one hand while the other held her helmet. "Why don't you get set up before we move on?" She was a bit curious about what Misato had planned. "We'll be performing this exercise without our armor, then?" She couldn't think of a reason to bring the cold weather gear otherwise. "...and somewhere...cold?" This was starting to bring back unpleasant memories. She frowned, worrying again, barely noticing the new person tagging along with Misato.

"Yep after we do live fire operations we will, but the patrols and guards, with drop out of our Mindys and done the cold weather gear. Then we will learn how to survive over night on Ether." she smiled before she started towards her new Mindy.

Asami followed Misato through the ship, listening to her responses to the questions. She couldn't help but let a knowing smile cross her face as Misato mentioned wanting to learn how to use a sword. By now Asami was used to her daisho having that kind of response with most people. The weapons seeming archaic in the present era of technology still seemed to create an air of mysticism and respect. Perhaps it was due to what they stood for: Honor, Loyalty, Courage, and Justice...among other things. They always seemed to create an aura that pulls at the soul, demanding that even in a time of power armors and aether rifles that there is still a place for the honorable warrior. That there is still a place for tradition. Asami chuckled lightly at Misato's last comment about being a ninja.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Misato Suzume. If a ninja is what you are after then you have a samurai with the wrong budo here. I am afraid those ways are more privy to Eihei-no-insen than myself. I prefer the mastering of the soul then of the shadows. As for the training, I think perhaps I gave you the wrong impression. I am fully versed in the use of Power Armors as well as guns. It is mandatory that all Ketsurui Samurai, no matter their budo, master these things as well as the sword. I however wouldn't mind a refresher course, this being an area of your expertise."

Asami paused for a moment before continuing.

"Now as for you picking up lessons of the sword....if that is something that you really desire I do not mind. I will forewarn you though, the training might not be what you expect and can take a long time as well as a good deal of patience."

Asami noticed that Misato seemed nervous, she decided not to comment on it however. In her experience most people didn't like it when these things were pointed out by strangers. She allowed another few seconds of silence before continuing.

"So three years....that is quite a long time. Aren't you up for a new duty station or transfer soon? Or have you decided to stay on the Eucharis for another tenure?"

By this point they entered the Power Armor Bay and Asami could see a good number people here, suited up and ready to begin the drill.

Last edited:
PA Bay

Chieko noticed the Infantry Heisho making her way towards the group and straightened up a bit. She her mind touched on the boogie rippers for a moment before she shook her head and beamed.

"Hey, Heisho," the scientist called out, "What fun are we getting into today?"

"Maybe that is why the Shosho made me a Heisho the other day, to train me up so I could be sent off somewhere else. or at least maybe a a gift encase I chose not to stay on." She smiled to the Samurai, "Well we can work on my swordsmenship when we get back, why don't you go and take that PA It's fairly new and she will keep you safe." She beamed as she pointed at her old Mindy.

"Cold trouble with guns and explosions... I hope you packed your warm undies," she leaned in close and spoke quietly,, "And your Anti-Ripper lights..." She smiled with a bit of fake concern before heading off to her new Misndy H1.

She was disappointed that there wasn't time to paint it, but oh well it was hers, and she wanted it for so long now.

She slowly started the power up and fitting systems. As it booted up she walked around making final exceptions of the armor to make sure nothing was visually wrong with it.

PA Bay

Mitsuko nodded as Misato spoke, before she heard their destination. "Ether!? Wh-why do we have to go back there? I..." She stopped herself before she made it too personal. "...I thought we left Ether in someone else's hands? We left behind forces, and the Gartagens were in charge..." She quieted down so Misato and the stranger could speak, glancing aside as Chieko piped up. Without her helmet on, her worried expression was obvious. She frowned, brow furrowed, as Misato contemplated leaving the Eucharis. "She can't send you away, Suzume-chan...this is your home."

Blushing after letting that slip out, she moved to assist Misato with her new Mindy, still wearing most of her own standard version.

The academic froze more at the reminder of the rippers than she thought she ever would on any ice ball. But she took the Heisho's other advice to heart and pulled her other uniform out of her locker to add to what was already in the suit's storage container. If it ended up excess, that would be fine to her, what the young woman did not want to deal with was passing on possibility that Misato was giving her legitimate advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back