• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 25 - Part 2] The Chopshop (YE 38)

Shuttle Interior

Candon quietly pumped his fist as he stood by the entrance to the cockpit, hearing the Kuvexian grant the permission they needed. "Nice work, Jax," he congratulated as the transmission ended. Then the flight pathway displayed on the HUD and he got that sinking feeling as he realized how stupid his action had been.
'Who needs ailerons in atmospheres?… everyone.'

Candon cleared his throat sheepishly, "I'm, um.. I uh, I shot the.. sorry, I really should have thought that through. I'll just be, um, Ya know, back here."

As he reentered the passenger compartment his typical tough as nails drill sergeant act was gone, replaced by a guilty shyness. Taking a seat by the ramp door he told the crew the situation.
"Hey guys, we'll be landing soon. It'll be rough so you may want to- you know..." He pulled his seat belt on, kicking himself for screwing the crew again.

Marcus couldn't help but chuckle at Candon as he moved back to his own seat, as well. Someone else who had gotten the reception that Marcus had from the strategist would probably find this as reason to be mad at Candon. Again, he wasn't one to hold grudges. Still "It'll be rough" was a bit of an understatement. The ailerons were used for minor shifts in lift vector. In other words, they stabilized the aircraft.

"Just think of it this way, Candon." Marcus sat down and strapped in, throwing in a half joking smile while he was at it. "If this landing kills us, I definitely can't wreck anything."

Shuttle Interior

The purple-skinned operator blanched and suddenly was wishing her ears were not quite healed to blunt the effects of the loud and crass Rixxikor rap music that suddenly started blaring, drowning out the mechanical engine whining. Maybe that was point of this stuff... so they would just fly without any worrying about the condition of their ramshackle technology? The bug's music itself was bad enough, but Umeshu was completely unprepared when the next lyrics and portion of the conversation were delivered by none other than Jax who had come to the cockpit at Hanako's urging.

Umeshu was then caught in a state of shock to hear the explicit language and stories of raping and pillaging a Yamataian transport coming out of the nekojin's mouth. There was Nepleslian slang and curses, true... but this was truly raw, unbridled stuff that just seemed to flow so naturally from the immigrant. Was he really pretending, or did he enjoy this?

The shame the engineer displayed from the outburst was obvious, but as he started sulking away Jax also caught the sight of a very intense reddish-purple blush coming across Umeshu's cheeks that she was trying to hide from him and the First officer Natsumi when she placed the hand on her shoulder informing her to be ready for evasive maneuvers. Even Tsuguka was suddenly close to her giving some suggestions about using the cloud cover.

The craft bobbed and jerked hard as his very traditional Neko girlfriend had for a split-second forgot she was piloting, her digital mind trying to reconcile one disturbing fact: As disgusting as the whole display was to the ex-samurai on so many levels... there was something about it that was also very... arousing.

"Eh to...", began the Taii, as she was thankfully shaken back to the reality of the moment when a large blinking red light that indicated loss of flight control pressure came on amidst the sound of gunfire and a loud POP from behind her seat. "Suites-heisho, what did you do?!" came the rather intense stare from the soft-spoken officer at the SAINT agent, for the second time in as many hours. "Couldn't you have damaged something else convincingly?"

Umeshu swallowed hard as they started losing what little control she felt she had, frantically searching for some kind of backup system as the stolen craft dropped into the atmosphere's heavy clouds to follow the suggested flight path from the Kuvexian overwatch. She recalled that usually older Geshrinari models had a fly-by-wire system installed for just such an emergency... and she would have more than enough strength in her body to do it manually, too.

Breathe in... The arrow and the target are one. The sense of space and distance between each is an illusion
, she murmured to herself in a kyuudo mantra, forming into a sort of meditative tunnel-vision as the all the alarms and curses started to fade from her awareness. There was only her and the highlighted destination. Eucharis. She pulled on the control stick to force the unpowered ailerons to move, feeling the resistance of all the cables and pulleys as she would when drawing the bowstring...

Breathe out... and let go.

Last edited:
Falling shuttle

Jax had strapped himself in in a corner, away from the others. He'd avoided eye contact on the way to his seat. The only reason he wasn't mulling entirely on his guilt was the terrifying fact that they were performing a "stylish free-fall". When he'd come back here, he couldn't even stand to look at Umeshu, let alone say anything to her. What could he say, after that?

He sighed tiredly and glanced sideways at Candon. Like the "hardass drill-sergeant", Jax was also guilty of endangering the crew in someway. He cleared his throat, looking down at the floor in self-pity and guilt.

"I hate to be 'that guy'," he announced over the chaos with relative calm. "But I might have stashed a satchel of high-explosives in the overhead storage compartment."

He winced and flattened his ears further, and pulled his knees closer to him.

"...Sorry." he muttered in a small voice.

Stylishly freefalling shuttle

"Hey Jax, want to learn a magic trick?"

Wazu did his best to ignore the free fall... After all rixxikor shuttles were sturdy or they all would have died by now... And the explosives were quite stable... They usually do not explode in a crash

Besides, who wouldn't want to learn a trick or two?

"Say thank you instead of sorry. 'Thanks for putting up with me' instead of 'sorry for making a mistake. It shifts the conversation off you feeling bad and onto making them feel good."

Lighthouse

Taharial smiled as she looked after Blackberry and sighed, she was happy looking after her friend as she sat there her thought went to the others and she hoped they were safe and getting the ship back quickly. She missed the Med Lab and she hoped that she wouldn't be needed as soon the Eucharis came back to her, she wanted to show Tsuguka her past before Aikiko did and ruin her little gift that was in her drawer.... 'Damn' she thought to herself, those bug may have it, and if they do, she shudders massively and tries t push those thoughts away.

She walked out of Blackberry's room then stops and turns back to Blackberry as she checks her vitals and smiles "Well all seems good with you cuteness" she smiled and patted the girl on the head. "I guess I should get ready to welcome the others back and see how the rest of the crew are" she leaves again then goes around the crew making sure they were okay, telling jokes and stories to help them be happy.

Falling Shuttle

Hanako could see the situation looked grim for the shuttle. Without flight controls, it was doubtful that they could land someplace soft like the giant trash pile of used futons that was among the junk mounds, or slow the shuttle down. In a moment the shuttle would be a crater in the enemy base and the element of surprise would be lost. "Listen everyone!" she shouted, "Those who cannot float, grab someone who can," Hanako ordered. "Time get out! Open the doors and hatches! Move!"

Shuttle

Well, this was fun... The shuttle was a brick, about to scatter itself across the surface of the planet. Natsumi was at the main hatch a moment after Hanako gave the order to abandon ship.

She grabbed onto a handhold on the wall, bracing herself as the deck shook and rattled under her feet.

"Okay everyone. You heard the Shosho. Let's go. Everyone out of the shuttle. If you cannot fly pair up with someone who can!" she eyed Wazu and Marcus significantly. They were the only two aboard the shuttle who were not Nekovalkyrja or Minkan and were the only two incapable of gravity manipulation.

"Lets move!" she ordered and hit the release on the hatch, popping it open. As soon as the hatch was open the wind blasted into the shuttle, mercifully drowning out the rixxicore noise.

As everyone started moving Natsumi went to one of the people who could not fly. She grabbed Wazu and pulled him out of his chair. "Okay, hang on tight, we're gonna go for a ride" she said to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuttle Interior

"No complaints here!" Jax whimpered under his breath as the shuttle shook an rattled. In a moment, his rocket launcher and satchel were secured to him.

As he pulled himself towards the hatch, he glanced over his shoulder. Nats had Jimmy, thankfully, but the engineer wasn't confident enough in his flight abilities to haul Marcus on top of the rest of his gear. Someone else would have to grab him.

Next, he looked fearfully to the cockpit, where Umeshu struggled with the controls. Horrid scenarios played out in his mind that made him want to grab her himself and drag her out of harms way, but he knew he couldn't. She had a job to do, and so did he. She was capable, he kept reminding himself, she could hold her own.

Still, that didn't stop him from reaching out.

<Umi, don't try to salvage this thing! It's a lost cause! Get out as fast as you can!>

He knew she blamed herself for the lighthouse explosion. He knew how she considered her failures personal. Hopefully, she wasn't so prideful as to try and remain with the shuttle. That would only end one way.

He pushed the thought from his mind and at last peered out of the hatch. He was greeted with a sight that made his throat run dry and his knees weak.

They were high. And not in the fun way!

"Okay, you got this, Jax..." he wheezed to himself with a nervous laugh as he tried so desperately to not think about splatting on the ground far below. He glanced once more over his shoulder.

Then, weightlessness. The sudden... release of making the jump.

"Crap!" Jax yelped at the top of his lungs as he fell, still zooming along after the shuttle from momentum. His heart raced, the world tumbled around him, wind whistled in his ears.

Then, on instinct, he forced himself to simply stop, and float.

He mewled in fright several times, like a kitten stuck in a tree, as he gazed at the terra firma below. He felt so utterly isolated in this spot. He watched the ruined shuttle rocket away.

With another gulp, he followed after it, ocassionally stumbling and cursing.

Shuttle

Tsuguka was not the kind to laugh, but the situation was extremely ironic. Burning debris falling off of a crashing shuttle would, of course, be the perfect cover for her original plan. Would have been considerably funnier if it wasn't half way to the truth at this point, and the command crew hadn't been forced into it with the rest of them.

She hadn't bothered strapping herself down in the first place, gravity systems coping with the turbulence instead. The writing had already been on the wall. Didn't trust the shoddy Rixxikor-made seats anyways.

Angular eyes flashed between their flightless companions. Marcus Rodia was the obvious choice for her to carry. The lantern-jawed mountain of a man was bigger than even the robust features of the crew's resident oni, but it was the closest match they had. Jackson Howard maybe, but... He was already bailing. Candon had the muscle mass, but the red neko was taller.

"Please stand up, Mister Rodia." She approached him sternly, but typically with an expression far too formal given the situation. One hand stabilized herself on the ceiling, whilst the other grabbed at his seat buckle urgently. "I need to get a good hold of your torso if this is going to work..."

Shuttle

Wazu was already unfastening the buckle on his seat as Natsumi grabbed his arm. He had time to look over at Marcus, then over to the satchel of explosives that he was sure they'd need... His mind was racing to figure out if he could learn the controls quickly enough to land the shuttle softly using the shield controls, and if it'd be safer to stay IN the shuttle and hope the inertial dampeners would soften the blow from landing. Maybe if he could explain his plan to...

… and before he could get any further he could feel the artificial gravity of the shuttle give way to the quite real gravity of the planet below. His feet very much pointed in the wrong direction, the Rixxikor rifle he had only barely hanging on by a strap.

He wanted to feel good that Natsumi had chosen him, rather than him having to beg one of the nekos to take him, but there was no time for that either. He had to focus on keeping one or both of them from turning into a smear on the ground.

He moved in behind her, reorienting himself and putting his arms over her shoulders, then locking his hands together over her chest. He did his best to evenly distribute his weight over her so as to not send her tumbling, acting like a very heavy person-shaped backpack.

He then looked down, trying to gauge how fast they were falling, and just where they might land.

Shuttle Interior

A freefall would probably afford him 5 minutes from the sky to the ground, Candon knew he had enough time to grab the firebomb, secure it to his back and jump before death became a problem. The order was given and it was sealed, he unbuckled himself and picked up the bomb from next to Marcus as Tsuguka got him ready to jump. Reaching behind him he unfastened the strap he had it attached to previously and began tethering himself to it, strapping the container across his back, between the maneuvering thrusters on his UBM.

Candon waited for a clear ramp before jumping and went for it. Falling was easy for him. Yamataian power armor didn't fly by thrust, it altered gravity and fell and so would he.

Rixxikor Shuttle - Jenga Edition

Marcus hadn't been a stranger to tagging along with someone who could fly. He was a stranger to tagging along with someone smaller than him who could fly. Still, given the options, he decided it may have been best to not argue.

It didn't take all that much effort to undo the buckle on the belt. Marcus stood, quickly checked his pockets for the gear he'd taken, and held his arms out. "Would you care to lead?" He didn't know if his mildly jovial comment would be received well, but he almost couldn't help it. This was simply too much like the kind of thing that would happen back home. Stranded, fighting to exhaustion, barely escaping with their lives, coming upon an under-equipped oasis, undertaking an especially foolish plan to get things back the way they should be and running into a potentially fatal problem before they ever even reached the dangerous part. Yep, this was an all too familiar series of events.

Eucharis

The clone of Marcus busied himself getting things ready. There were a few things he'd...or rather Marcus...had brought with him that would come in very handy. Plus, if he could gain access to a few other areas of the ship, he could rendezvous with the other crew members Hanako had mentioned and come up with a plan.

Space Garbage Flying In Tight Formation

The red neko seemed to move towards the door for a moment upon his polite ushering, mostly due to her habit of following protocol, then just paused and looked at the musclebound man again, gathering a more logical plan of action.

No more time to ask for permission. Tsuguka straight up grabbed one of his arms and used it to hunker onto Rodia's back, wrapping her solid thighs around his waist, then placing her arms as far as she could around his chest, under the armpits. Half wrestling move, half piggyback ride. Ungraceful, yes, but the practical gynoid figured she had a better chance of acting like a parachute rather than a nekovalkyrja jetpack.

"Mid air is the wrong time to find out you are heavy enough to dislocate my arms, Mister Rodia." Angry? It was her normal stern disgruntled tone. Undignified? More than likely. "Please jump."

Shuttle

Natsumi already had her counter gravity going, helping to steady herself against the freefall and shaking of the shuttle as it descended and as Wazu grabbed onto her.

"All set?" she asked him, then glanced about, people were already getting out.

"Shosho, time for you to go" she said to Hanako. "And you too, Umeshu!"

Rixxikor Shuttle - Jenga Edition

The gruff tone didn't bother Marcus, in the slightest. Nor did Tsuguka intertwining herself around him. In another scenario, that part would have been exciting.

"Do yourself a favor, Tsuguka, if you think you can't hold on to me without doing damage to yourself, let me go. I'm not invincible, but I'm a lot more durable than likely any other human you've met. Besides, even if I can't manage a non-fatal landing, if you do break something, I'll fall anyway. Like I told Hanako earlier, I've pledged myself to the welfare of this crew. There are two of me in this world, now. I'm not worth you injuring yourself just before a battle."

With that, Marcus did exactly as she asked, and jumped. He figured he'd do her a favor, and give her an extra second or two to adjust to his weight. He could jump nearly as high as a Neko with his physical modifications, so even with the added weight of her on his back, they still managed to go up for a few moments before gravity would begin to win the competition with inertia.

Rixxikor Shuttle - Front Row Seats

After awhile of trying her mightiest to regain some semblance of control of the plummeting craft, Umeshu had to apparently embrace the latter part of her mantra as the manual control stick literally broke off in her hands from all the super-human Nekovalkyrja strength she had been applying to it. "U-uso..." mouthed the operations officer, as she threw the useless hunk of piping down to the floor in defeat... the Shosho next to her soon calling for all hands to abandon ship, as the sight of massive junk piles on the planetary surface rapidly was approaching.

Hashimoto-taii shot a look to Jax when she got his telepathic plea to take flight along with him, securing the cord she carried around her waist. <"Normally it would be highly dishonorable for a Star Army pilot to leave her post until the end... but this isn't a Star Army vessel, ne?"> But was this the truth, or just another flimsy excuse for getting something else blown up under her watch?

That reasoning would have to be good enough to assuage her honorable spirit for now, as the purple-skinned Taii arose swiftly from the doomed pilot's seat and reached out with her hand for the blue-haired Ketsurui princess next to her in the cockpit to grasp. It was one of those moments where the samurai in her seemed to be showing, again.

"Isoidekudasai, Hanako-sama!" came Umeshu's polite insistence, as she lingered only a moment longer by the hatch door leading to the open air before pulling the Captain of the Eucharis protectively to her and taking the leap of faith at the last second together into the smoggy skies of the industrial world.

Last edited:
Shuttle

As soon as Natsumi saw Umeshu up and moving and grabbing Shosho Hanako, she got h moving too. She grabbed onto Wazu's arms, helping hold them tight around her.

"Here we go!" she called out to him over the rushing wind and launched them out of the open hatch, into the slipstream.

Natsumi had to fight hard to remain in control as she and Wazu exited the falling shuttle, she was not used to floating with the extra weight of another person on her back, but after a few moments she adjusted and started their descent, floowing the others down.

Falling

Wazu was holding on to Natsumi perhaps a bit more closely than was appropriate, turning his head to try and get a better look at where they were falling towards.

"AIM FOR THE FUTONS!" He shouted, sure they were dirty and probably gross beyond measure, but the Rixikor garbage was likely softer than the ground below them. Wazu's words barely audible over the sound of the wind rushing by them, the intense wind sheer hitting them as soon as they were outside of the shuttle's shield bubble, the rapid decent nearly knocking Wazu off of Natsumi entirely!

JP between Wes and Rhysis

YSS Eucharis

An explosion rocked the Graxlat base as the shuttle slammed into the middle of it, creating an enormous fireball followed by a thick black smoke cloud. A wave of dust came rolling out from the crash site. Workers were stunned, and Rixxikor began streaming out of tunnels like angry ants, only to find themselves in the middle of a literal disaster area. Inside the hangar where the Eucharis was being held, the Graxlat sawing into the airlock doors with an aether cutter stumbled and fell on his side. The cutter switched off automatically.

Inside the ship, Itto Hei Becker looked to the others, who were gathered for a fight. He was dressed in DAISY M6 armor with the helmet in one hand. "That must be our signal," he said. "Everyone ready?"

The Marcus clone took only a few moments to gather the necessary supplies from what had been brought from Ayenee.There were no traditional weapons. That would do nothing to stop him from preparing with what he did have. He easily assumed that the other crew members would be gathering together. An entire ship being hijacked was easy to notice. The problem Marcus had, was that he had no idea where they would be gathering. Beyond that, he was completely unaware of the additional clones. Still, he literally promised himself, and he would make sure to follow through on the promise.

When he left the confines of the cabin, he began to seek out the other occupants. He had to be sure he was cautious. Rushing would most likely only serve in getting him killed. With slow, stealthy and methodical movements, he crept through the corridors. It would have been easier if he knew who he was looking to find, but he had only met a few of the crew members. He had to be careful. Thankfully, he did find them. Being contacted as early as he had gave him the necessary time. After searching part of the main passage, he finally entered the cargo bay, and put his hands up immediately. He was unsure if they would expect him, and a fight with the remaining Eucharis crew was the last thing he needed. The explosion rocking the ship had good timing in that regard.

"Call me Marcus. You can count me in on the fight, too."

"Activating weapons," Charisma's voice came over the intercom. Outside of the ship, the anti-fighter quad turrets came to life and started tearing up the hangar. Anyone standing in sight of the Eucharis was ripped to shreds. Fires erupted and shrapnel flew as the ship's guns ate through the area like buzz saws.

"Go!" Mango ordered, as the airlock opened. She shot the unfamiliar alien in the face and left him lying there on the platform next to the aether cutter. "Stay in the ship's vicinity. We don't want to leave her unprotected," she said. "Marcus, can you go find the others?"

"Seems easy enough." Was his response.

Marcus ran out with the others, but quickly took a side route, turning away from the hangar to find open ground. A crowd of short, fat, troll-like creatures were running to investigate the site of the explosion, accompanied by taller, skinnier bug-men. A smaller crowd seemed to be turning back to see what had just blasted its way through the hangar doors. Neither of the two types of creatures looked to be all that hygenic. And, neither would be successful in stopping him. His counterpart had told him that he would remove the alpha block on his modifications when it became necessary. That was akin to removing the governor on a car, only this restricted physical and mental capabilities in a man who was more science experiment to his father than he was child. Thankfully, the clone Marcus had no such need to go so far. He was fresh. His modifications had never been used. There was no damage to recover, and the quick work he made of the few Graxlats nearby proved it. He truly hated being responsible for ending a life, but there were times when it was necessary.

The commotion he caused drew more attention, but there were Eucharis crew members not far off, and they were armed. They would draw a fair amount of attention themselves. Marcus took the few seconds he had before Rixxikor and more Graxlats came upon them to look around. The floating humanoid shapes would have been impossible to make out...if he had regular eyes. For him, the figures of two humans and a group of Nekovalkyrja dangling in the air were easy to make out. He turned to Mango and the others and pointed. "Here they come now!"

Marcus grabbed something from inside his shirt. It looked like little more than a marble. He threw it against the ground and it lit up brighter than a magnesium flare, then rocketed nearly a hundred feet into the sky. He knew, if nothing else, Marcus would be able to identify the signal. They wanted their ship back, and he planned on giving them just that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back