• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 25] Stolen Pride (YE 38)

Surface

Aikiko came to a stop near the first of the supplies. She did a quick inspection to see what damage there was to the parachuted cargo containers. Seeing none, she gathered up the parachutes and removed the parachute rigging from the crates to make them more easier to handle.

~~Wonder how bad we're messing up this worlds development?~~ The thought filtered through her mind as she worked. Knowing a lot of the packing materials were going to be left behind on a once pristine world that had none visit it since creation and before it could evolve the way nature intended.

Once the parachute and rigging was stowed within the chute packs. Aikiko moved to the next set of crates. She repeated the process again with that set of parachutes and riggings. At least she had found an extra layer material to use to keep warm, unless those senior of rank took it from her for their own usages. For silk was a good material for wicking moisture away and providing retention of body heat. The parachute cords would make an excellent rope when braided together for other uses when needed.

Surface

Aikiko found that as the ship had been carried away, Becker had been helpful enough and fast enough to drop a few survival kits. As she put up the parachutes, she found the following:
Most of the rest of the group kind of gravitated over to Aikiko's position since there was little else to do.

<Shosho... I don't want to jump the gun, but there is also another problem.> Unidirectional telepathy, as the red neko moved by pure flight. The glossy dress shoes she was still wearing were not exactly designed for running. Considering her one true stand-out skill seemed to be physical endurance, the inability to put it to use here and now was more than a little irritating. <If we don't look like a serious paramilitary organisation, well... Is there even a reason for a black market operative to honor a deal with us? Do you think it is worth investigating the abandoned frontier starport here for weapons? I feel it would suit us to look like we ended up on this rock intentionally, ma'am.>
"We can trust the reds because we saved them during the Nepleslian civil war and we continue to provide protection for them," Hanako sent back. "Put simply, they owe us. We also have other options. We could even call the YSS Firebird, whose captain is Blueberry, an officer who used to serve on this ship as acting first officer. I imagine there is not much of value left at the starport other than repair facilities."

"Hanako," Marcus spoke firmly and with authority, continuing to use the Yamataian language. "As Aikiko observed, you don't want there to be a money trail. On the other hand, we don't want an outdated ship." He held out the pouch containing the materials he'd intended to trade for starting capital for his business. "Particularly if we're using the black market, I can supply us with the necessary funds. As an added bonus, if we get within communications range, I can get personnel on that ship using Ayenee communication channels. Whoever took the ship won't even know they exist, much less trying to scan them or block them."
Hanako wondered when Marcus learned Yamataian. It came off a little showboaty. "We are not using any transuniversal technology. I do not think you appreciate how controlled the technology is and how special it is for you to be here...not here on this planet I mean...." Hanako sighed. "Nevertheless, your offer of a loan may prove helpful and we are in a tight spot.

"We shall see, Mao," Hanako told her samurai companion as she, too made her way to the supplies. As she looked at the boxes, she observed, "They should start putting wheels on these cases so they can be pulled like carts." No one was going to want to carry a big foot locker. "We should divide up the useful supplies. There should be at least 2 backpacks in there, one for each Star Army kit. I am not sure what is in the Nepleslian one."

Last edited:
Surface

Wazu's eyes lingered on the Nepleslian Military Survival Kit.

He had been directly involved in much of Nepleslia's kit, but there were areas that he did not take part in. Some things, like power armor development, were best left to the Vel Steyr's or Cirrus. Other things there simply wasn't enough time for. The Survival Kit was something he had largely ignored, after all if such a kit were needed there was already a much larger situational failure that had occurred.

Wazu would do his best to ignore the sinking feeling in his gut, and went to open the Nepleslian survival kit.

“How do you want to do this?” Wazu asked, surprised the Nepleslian survival kit wasn't filled with hookers or some kind of projectile rubber snake.

“The fastest way to get the crew on-board the shuttle would be to send the fastest nekos with food and water to the light house, and have the slower crew camp here while they wait for the shuttle.”

As he spoke, Wazu would start setting out and sorting the items inside. Weapons went off to one side, tools to the other, Medical supplies behind him.

Surface

Marcus was a bit surprised, though only a bit, that Hanako had responded the way she did. It was a foolish decision to him, but not entirely unexpected. After all, they didn't really know anything about him. He was about to explain to her that he hadn't planned on bringing anyone else over from Ayenee. Even with material compression technology that would take up far too much space to bring on a business trip. But, before he could explain further, she darted off after the others. So, as the rest of the crew headed off toward the dropped supplies, he did the same, lagging behind the group only slightly. He was immensely fast...for a human, but the specially engineered group with which he now kept company were all quite capable of outdoing many of his physical abilities. It was an uncommon situation, though not one he hadn't been in previously.

His lack of knowledge for much of anything in this universe would eliminate much of his usefulness. So, he stuck to what he was able to do, not bothering to tell the admiral that she was mistaken about what he'd meant by getting personnel onto the ship. If it became necessary, he'd bring it up, again. Otherwise, it was best to let the matter drop.

He went over to Wazu, but waited for the scientist to finish organizing the supplies before speaking. "If we're going to fund this little endeavor, Heram, you and I are going to need to be on that shuttle. I have the resources and experience but I don't have the knowledge of this universe's trading and monetary system that you possess. And for that matter, you're the resident expert on such matters. If we're going to buy a ship without setting off flags to the military, no actual crew members can be involved."

Marcus looked at Hanako for his final point. "Even if you can trust these people, that doesn't mean they won't inform your superiors for one reason or another, whether concern or sabotage. "

Surface

Mitsuko kept the smile on her face as she tried to keep a cheeful disposition for the crew, keeping hold of Candon's hand for what seemed like a few moments too long before finally letting go. She did support him as he walked for a few paces, until she was sure he wouldn't fall over. Giving him a nod, she hurried to catch up to the others that had headed for the supply drop before anyone opened it and began rifling through her carefully organized cargo. As Natsumi had expected, as soon as the boxes had drifted low enough for her to get a good look, she had already pulled up mental records of their contents. They were only survival kits, but they would still be useful.

And, just as she'd feared, someone untrained to handle Star Army equipment was already opening one of the trunks. She frowned, but thankfully Wazu was only interested in the Nepleslian supplies. Knowing what sort of...essentials...were included, she was happy to leave him responsible for the unsavory items. She nodded at Aikiko as the other Neko finished securing the drop chutes. "Thank you, Akiashiro-Hei. Could you see about repurposing the parachutes and cords into carrying pouches? For dividing up the supplies." She opened one trunk, setting the lone backpack aside, eyes flickering around before she located her next target. The Medical Kit was handed up to Aikiko, along with one of the ponchos for the underdressed Neko. "There should be sewing supplies in the suture kit. Perhaps Chasan-Hei can assist?"

She smiled before returning to her work, scanning the content, starting to fill the backpack with relevant supplies from the large selection. A handful of rations, a flare gun, water bottles, an entrenching tool, tarp, radio, lamp, multi-tool, survival watch, and spool of cord. Anything she thought might be helpful for their mission. Glancing aside at the supplies being sorted from the Nepleslian trunk, she looked up at Suites once Marcus and Wazu began discussing their plans. She moved to open the second trunk, laying out the three other entrenching tools where the crew could see them as she shouldered the first pack she had prepared.

"I agree, the best course of action in these circumstances would be having a small number of crew members with the necessary skills and the ability to travel quickly via flight make their way to the Bisen Lighthouse. The others should secure the area and ensure we are safe and ready to act when the time comes." She turned towards Natsumi, sending her friend a mental list of the supplies in the two Star Army kits, along with her recommendations for distributing them. "I believe Suites-Heisho, Tsuguka-Hei and myself should be able to handle the task. Possibly with Howard-Hei, if you can spare him, although I believe the Heisho's technical skills should be up to the task, with my assistance." She glanced at Suites again as she made her proposal.

"If you remember, Shosho, Taii, the two of us successfully infiltrated, searched and secured the Bisen Lighthouse we encountered recently, so we are more than familiar with the layout, and the systems and equipment contained within. Tsuguka-Hei can provide additional security." Mitsuko seemed fairly confident in her decision, and this was actually a situation she'd had some experience with. It made sense for the team that had already dealt with one Lighthouse to handle this one, and since Aikiko had been injured and delusional last time, and Stark was not available to assist, they were the two with the most experience.

Surface

Since Akiashiro had gotten there first, Tsuguka simply let her take a first crack at the cases, and then assisted with the unloading and organisation under Mitsuko's orders rather passively.

"Understood, ma'am." Was the simple reply to the Shosho, which the red nekovalkyrja accompanied with a short curt bow, despite the distance between them and the approaching group still being a little awkward. Interplanetary politics wasn't really her strong suit, but it would have felt wrong not to suggest something that might improve their odds. The appearance of Mao at her side certainly steeled her worries over the captain staying protected in her absence, at least. "I trust your judgement."

A few moments passed, then the group was together again.

"...Please try to relax, Mister Rodia." Tsuguka looked up at the larger man, her tone cordial despite the situation. She knew it was a big ask. Even if she had attempted to keep tabs on his actions before, the pragmatic side of her personality could discern the worries of a stranger in a strange land. The fact that he was a business man, and not part of the rank and file, probably only exacerbated matters. There was being in charge of your destiny, and then there was being stuck on an uncharted planet, with only a slew of strangers and combat bioroids as company... "Trust me, I too know what it feels like to lack a connection to the outside world. They created me for this task, and I've been doing it all my life... But that's exactly why we need to stick together, and think on the small scale more than ever right now. Team work is the very fabric of our society. If you wanted to get to know us, this really is a good opportunity as any."

Arms crossed, she just gazed at him for another moment with those glaring green eyes, and then looked into the dirt with a shrug. The woman could talk to him all day, but really he had no real reason to listen to Tsuguka other than blind faith and a common threat.

Mitsuko personally recommending her for duty was pleasing at least. The red neko highlighted her compliance with the idea by stepping forward and nodding to her briskly, but waited on the actual plan of action before saying anything. There were just too many stray factors to compute.

Planet surface

"I second Murakami-Heisho's motion. I'll also need the communication equipment on the bison, the SAINT Command staff need to be informed or we will never be able to cover this up. If I ask nicely they may even give us money. Or a black ship will just show up and beat the tar out of whoever stole Eucharis, though I doubt they would want to do that so soon seeing as it would involve more witnesses," Candon chimed in, "also, Shôshô, may I borrow your communicator?"

Surface

'Heh, that's right! She touched my shoulder! Not yours!' Jax gloated internally as Umeshu gave her pep-talk. He allowed the others to mess around with the survival gear, and once more returned his attention to Junko...

...Who was just...

...Standing there...

Strange. It was as if the creature controlling her mind had just... disappeared... and went off to get smoothies... or something.

"Er, Heisho?" he spoke, trying to get a response from her. "I apologize, but it seems like I'm needed somewhere else. When you, uh, start moving again, we can continue this conversation later."

Still a little weirded out, Jax slowly turned and got engaged with the conversation.

"I'll go if you need me." he announced. "Just say the word. Although, I'm not the best at flying... yet."

Aikiko just nodded thoughtfully to Tsuguka. Then spoke, "Knife please, Tsuguka-Hei," in a tone of polite impersonal professionalism, as the others showed up and began to do their self assigned tasks.

Mitsuko nodded at Aikiko as the other Neko finished securing the drop chutes. "Thank you, Akiashiro-Hei. Could you see about repurposing the parachutes and cords into carrying pouches? For dividing up the supplies." She opened one trunk, setting the lone backpack aside, eyes flickering around before she located her next target. The Medical Kit was handed up to Aikiko, along with one of the ponchos for the underdressed Neko. "There should be sewing supplies in the suture kit. Perhaps Chasan-Hei can assist?"

"Chute packs for the lighter stuff. Just adjust the rigging straps like you would a duffle or pack to fit." Aikiko volunteered the information. She eyed Wazu digging through stuff for the Napleslian's.

Aikiko took the offered medical kit and poncho with a nod of politeness as her eyes warmed briefly at the given alternate. She drug the drop chute packs and rigging away from the cluster of those gathering around the supply survival crates. Using the scissors that came with the Med Kit, she cut the first chute went for a liner for the poncho and length of parachute cord to get to the inner strands to attach it to the inner side of the poncho.

Being careful with the parachutes silks, Aikiko fashioned at least three packs doubled layered. Braiding several strands of T5-50 parachute cord into straps and adding wrapped silk for padding on the shoulder. She would allow Chasan to assist her if she wanted to.

Picking up the rigging and empty chute packs, Aikiko carried them over to Wazo and dropping them on the ground free of supplies next to him. "You can use these for packs. Once stuff is inside. You replace the pin here." Showing him how to close the pack and where the release pin goes holding the flaps shut. "Bend it a little so it stays shut. Then use the rigging for carrying straps after you adjust it."

Surface

Retrieving her blue-chrome pistol from the holster again, Tsuguka briskly clonked on the side of the grip to open the rarely used tool compartment. A moment later, and she was holding out that same tailisman-esk folding knife that always seemed to turn up in conversations between them. The impassive woman actually smiled a little bit. It was funny... They never really connect that well in every day passing, but in grim situations like these, one could always count on the other.

Back to the task at hand, she attempted to help the ex-peacekeeper with the little display of field craft, but wasn't really trained enough to be much use. A sideways glance was also interested in what exactly Candon wanted with the Shosho's communicator, seeing as they all had the standard model as far as she knew. Was it something to do with access codes or restricted frequencies?

Her foot nudged the Nepleslian survival kit, and the wooden butt of something long and cylindrical clunked around within. A westech trench shotgun. Not exactly a her type 33 rifle sitting comfortably somewhere on the Eucharis, but...

Surface

“Thank you Aikiko,” Wazu replied,

He would pick up the bags and star splitting the rations between them, and use one as a small tarp to keep the pistol and shotgun inside of the kit off the dirt of the ground. He would continue to work, his eyes focused on the gear, as he spoke up,

“You should take the red one's advice Marcus. Hanako is in charge here. She is not panicking, and she is not asking for help with the immediate issue. We have already offered our assistance and so far she does not seem to be taking us up on it.”

By this point Wazu had slowed his voice down even further, drawing out each word, taking his time between breaths. His pace was not one that was easily rushed. He would pull out the Nepleslian Medical kit, let out a small, annoyed, sigh as he opened it up and saw what was inside. He would then take another long moment reading the labels before picking up the bottle of calm and offering it to Macrus,

“Trust that she has the immediate problem in hand, and slow your roll. You can not buy or punch your way out of the current situation. Hanako will let you know if she needs something. And the best plan involves us waiting for others to retrieve the shuttle.”

Wazu looked at the combat candies for a good few moments, before closing the medical kit and setting it aside. His tone and speed returned to normal, back to business as usual.

“That said, we have thinking to do. Who steals a ship like the Eucharis? What is stopping them from raiding the much easier target of the lighthouse nearby? Why did they not bother to lob a few shots at us as they flew off?

Perhaps the Eucharis was not the end-goal?

Perhaps the lighthouse has already been stripped of useful supplies?

Or maybe they intend on capturing the crew of the ship once they have had an opportunity to assess us from a safe distance? What should we do then?”

Aikiko nodded her thanks as she instructed Tsuguka to use the knife to cut the tougher section like seams where applicable, that the Med Kit scissors couldn't cut. Specially the T5-50 cord. Some of the cord, she gutted for the strands within to use as thread to sew the packs together in neat serviceable stitches. When finished with the packs. She dropped them off next to Mitsuka.

Once that was done, she put on the poncho and used the remaining t5-50 cord for a belt to keep the poncho from flapping all over the place and getting in the way.

Surface

~Are they so deeply centered into military protocol that any more than a single suggestion to the group leader is viewed as panicking?~ Marcus thought to himself.

Marcus nodded to Wazu and Tsuguka. "I apologize for seeming like I'm over-reacting. That's certainly the first time I've been accused of that. I'm well aware of the gravity of the situation, and how important it is for the entire crew to be able to leave this planet. I was more trying to offer my suggestions than anything. Allow me to rephrase."

Marcus cleared his throat, more for emphasis than anything. "It's your universe, and your ship. Everyone here understands better what can happen than I. That being said, if we're going to get a decent ship that can either track down the raiders without getting blown away in five seconds, and we also don't want to leave any sort of trail of money or evidence of military involvement, then I see no other route worth taking then having Heram and myself involved in the black market trade."

He certainly wasn't used to not having anything to do in a scenario like this. He had a wealth of knowledge at his disposal. Of course, it helped that none of them knew hardly anything about him. In a different time of his life, he probably would have gone off a few yards to sulk by himself because they didn't appreciate him. Now, though, he simply removed himself from the center of the group and waited as they worked through the supplies and equipment. "I suppose I'll wait for a further step in the plan, then. Let me know if anyone feels I can be of assistance in some way."

UX-1 Surface - Basin Area

"Very well," Hanako said. "Umeshu, you are in charge of the scout team. Take Mitsuko, Suites, and Tsuguka ahead to the lighthouse. Go as fast as you can. The rest of us will make our way there at a slower pace and if everything is in order there, you can come back and pick us up along the way." Hanako was quite unwilling to give up her communicator to Suites. "No," she simply told him. "Divide up the water and rations evenly and everyone just take whatever else you think you may need."

Rixxikor Colony Ship

"Heeere are the coordinatesss of the one who callsss herssself Hanako...We have left theeem completely heeelplesss. Ssshe and heeer crew are all yours," a gutteral voice said over a crackling subspace transmission channel.

"Fuk-yeah, I'm gonna get her!!" Ruxxles replied. "Send the gankin' boys! 187!"

"Yeah!!" a chorus of more Rixxikor voices chimed in.

Surface

Natsumi sent a mental thank you message to Mitsuko for the inventory of supplies as she herself took a looat what was being pulled out of thd trunks.

"We are going to need to bring as much of the survival supplies as we can manage" Natsumi commented. "Especially the shelters, sleeping bags and blankets. With the barren nature of this planet, it is going to get bitterly cold at night. Theres just nothing to hold the heat in, like a desert at night" she explained. "The scounting party will have to travel light for speeds sake, but the rest of us can carry more since were going to take it easy"

She spotted the 2-way subspace radio sets and leaned in, picking one up. It wouldnt have the range to signal a ship from out of the system, but...

Natsumi turned to Hanako. "What do you think the chances are that the lighthouse's comuter and comm array are still powered and functional?" she asked, powering up the set to make sure it was still good. "We might be able to signal it and get a shuttle autopiloted to us" she suggested.

UX-1 Surface - Basin Area

Hanako tilted her head. "I think that the lighthouse has either an AIES or a Geshrinari shuttle-style computer that runs the functions of the Bisen, neither of these are equipped with AIs so we cannot just ask them over the radio. If there is a Geshrinari T1 shuttle there, it would have the same type of computer. If there is a T7 there, it would have a CIES that could respond to us. It is worth a try. Also something just occurred to me. I am unsure if a shuttle is actually standard issue for Bisen. Perhaps we are getting ahead of ourselves by assuming one is there. Still, it seems like the best place to go for now."

Surface

"Well, even if there inot a shuttle there, it's shelter and possibly a lot of supplies and a proper long range communications system" Natsumi agreed.

And it was at least worth trying to radio the lighthouse. She started through the channels, listening for carrier signal or any sign that the lighthouse was on the air at all.

Surface / Drop Area

Aikiko looked around thoughtfully as she grabbed a shovel from a nearby pile. If they was going to leave any remaining supplies behind, they would have to be concealed from future raiders. Or the return of the ship that stole the Eucharis. She paced herself as she dug into the ground to create a stash for the stuff left behind.

Her eyes sparkled as she worked, actually enjoying the menial labor of digging a hole into the ground big enough bury the crates with the remaining gear. She kinda wished she had some of her explosives she used back at the big open pit mine where she was an indentured employee of the Mining Consortium. Instant hole! A smile graced her expression then faded quickly at the consequence of using the explosives. She would have to find the fill to use once the crates were in place.

Surface

...They came in the dead of night, like cowards, and stole off with all of the supplies and provisions. Jameson found himself feeling lost and terrified. A stableman without his horses was like a smith without his anvil. He could swing a sword, sure, but he knew he was no where near the caliber of warrior that his compatriots held themselves to. He felt so utterly useless to them.

And Uma, his love! This atrocity was a harsh reminder that without Queen Hannah's guidance, he was a poor, uneducated commoner. How could he ever provide for her? How could she even stand the sight of him? Women of her stature married wealthy barons, and were given only the finest things in life. As of now, he had nothing but the rags he wore, and a small dagger.

He would have to ponder this later. Right now, Hannah had a plan to retrieve their belongings...

Hanako's quick, flat answer answered him perfectly. Candon shrugged, most people didn't like having their communicator touched. Maybe one day Hanako would trust him more but at this point he just needed a communicator and if there was one person that he could trust with his personal data it was the boy. "Hey jax," he called, "I need your phone."

Jax turned around and shrugged. Hand him the phone? Sure, why not?

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Not really knowing what was going on, he fished into his pouch and handed him the communicator.

Taking the communicator Candon carefully removed the back cover and pulled the battery which gave him access to the memory card. Removing a tiny plastic box from his sock he replaced Jax's memory card with his own. With the battery and cover back on the device he powered the communicator back on. Jax's settings were now replaced Candon's.

"Alright, your communicator now has all kinds of very classified information on it that you will not read. If anyone besides the Shôshô tries to take this from you it is a crime that can be met with immediate termination. Shoot them with lethal or stun rounds, it's up to your judgment. This is extremely important," he handed the device back to Jax along with his memory card, "now look through the apps until you find HHGtrack. Launch the application and type in the numbers on these two bullets." He drew his HHG and opened the chamber, removing the stubby tails from the tracker rounds he'd fired as the ship's passed over him. He handed them to Jax, "I shot the higher number first. Type them both in and let's see which ones respond."

Jax looked at the SAINT operative with a horrified expression.

"Immediate termination?! Candon, what the hell!? I thought you just wanted to play solitaire or something!" He hissed angrily, not wanting to draw attention. He sighed frustratedly and drew a hand down his face. "Argh! Fine! Let's get this over with..."

Grumbling a list of prefered swears under his breath, Jackson did as instructed.

With any luck at least one of the trackers would ping the communicator.

*(This is a new thing I want to do at the beginning of each mission.)

Surface

“Oh do not be like that Marcus, come help out.”

Wazu would place the shotgun and shells with one back of 6 rations, and the handgun with its ammo in another along with their respective Flashlights. He would then open up the drug kit and take just the necessities: Prime, Long-night, Focus, Endurance, and the candies... placing them in his own backpack. The Nepleslian standard medical kit when into another one of the bags, followed by a few other items he deemed necessary for the short trip.

“Grab a pack, take more if you feel like you can carry it.”

Code:
Kit1:
Shotgun
50 rounds
6 rations
LED flashlight Attachment

Kit2:
.45 pistol
200 rounds .45
6 rations
LED flashlight Attachment

Kit3:
6 rations
Nepleslian Medical Kit

Kit4:
6 rations
Gallon of whiskey
metal bucket

Kit5:
6 rations
Self-pitching tent

“It looks like we have people working on the tracking, the communicating the....” Wazu looked at Aikiko for a moment, “... Hiding our trash. But there is still no assurance we are alone here. They can probably track us from space easily enough. Maybe you could dirty up those tarps for use as cammo Marcus? Or start thinking up a backup plan for if the lighthouse turns out to be empty?”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back