Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 25] Stolen Pride (YE 38)

Captured Shuttle 1

Raw material. She looked around the shuttle to see if there was any Rixxikor rations. At least the rations would at the level of garbage in value. But still edible. She reached out and grabbed a chunk of the waxy-like substance that the Rixxikor kept high enough off the slime ridden floor in the cargo netting that was attached to the bulkheads of the shuttle.

She focused to amp up her digestive system and immune system to deal with gaining the much needed materials to replace and repair the damages done to her body by the Rixxikor and herself when fighting. She gave a soft smile as it brought back fond memories of the desert community near the open pit mine. Her immune system dealt with the toxins rendering it harmless or just plain getting rid of it through her sweat glands.

She kept up a steady intake of the waxy-like Rixxikor rations in small amounts so that her body could handle the processing of it. She hung on when the Shuttle made it decent back to the planet.

Captured Shuttle 1

Marcus finished pulling the stone shrapnel out of his body. Now that they were on the ground, he tossed the pieces out the side door from which Jax had departed the shuttle. His body would heal quickly, and clots would form to stop the bleeding within only a few minutes, which was good, considering how much blood he'd already lost. Still, his healing was maybe 1/4 as fast as the actual Eucharis crew members. Once his mind unfocused...and he subsequently lost consciousness, it would take a good deal of time before he would be able to function, again.

The human looked at Hanako to give his response. "I have a computer program on standby in the cabin I was assigned. It's waiting on a verbal command to activate a data-cloning process. Since you mentioned that regular trans-universal trips would be difficult with the laws of the Yamataian empire, it was my intent to create that clone with knowledge of agriculture and local laws and customs, while returning to Ayenee myself. I started the program as the last thing I did before leaving the cabin this morning. Everything I knew and experienced up until that point, plus the information I inserted into the program, would all be part of that clone. My genetic modifications, computer knowledge, combat experience, strategic and weapons knowledge, everything. The control panel inside that pouch communicates with the computer system, and the command can be given remotely. Since the two are linked hardware, anyone can give the command. And, since they communicate on frequencies that are completely alien to this universe, there's no way for the signals to even be detected, much less blocked. It would be like trying to stop a virus nobody even knew existed from infecting a single person."

Captured Shuttle 1

The machine was silent. The beast was caged.

Mao had nothing to do and she was painfully useless at that moment.

Hime-sama was well enough - that was her wounds weren't so bad to leave her incapable of functioning and her natural abilities would see her mended given time and energy. The crew were running the shuttle and wounds were being tended to with the Samurai herself being left mercifully unscathed compared to those around her. Her problem was that while the ship crew were trained and capable of filling in for roles aboard the shuttle because of the multi-faceted nature of their training, Mao was singularly focused, and at that point there was no help found in swinging around a sword wildly in such an enclosed space.

When she overheard the trans-dimensional man explain his plan, Mao was struck with an idea.

"Hime-sama, if I may suggest something as well?" She bowed as she approached, though when she rose again she made an effort to cross her arms over her chest for what it was worth, "I possess stealth capabilities unlike anybody currently aboard this shuttle. If it were possible to get in close to the enemy location I could infiltrate the base and link up with the remaining crew and the duplicate if you wished." She grimaced "Though if I did that it'd be best to leave my odachi and pistol here. I have a chisa in my cabin when I reach the ship. Regardless, I'd be of infinitely more use in such a capacity than waiting here and doing nothing to expedite the return of the ship, Hime-sama."

Captured Shuttle 1 // Crash Site

Once majority of her wounds were semi-healed and her leg been straightened out and splinted, by destroying a few seat frames for splints to brace her leg and shattered knee till it could get proper treatment. She was mobile again.

With her ability to fly, she zipped from the landed shuttle, and began to draw fire of the Rixxikor that was shooting at her teammates by placing well aimed shot at them and killing them quickly with no mercy. They had two of the Rixxikor Shuttles. One shuttle in questionable condition and another which she just vacated to bring help to Tsuguka and Candon. Even the rarely seen Logistic Officer. But first was to drive off the Rixxikor that were either desperate to get off planet or looking for bragging rights or what ever went through their insectoid minds.

Seeing the Logistic Officer helping Canden and Jax with his lady, left her to deal with Tsuguka. Aikiko landed carefully next to Tsuguka, quickly looking her over with a slight frown. This was going to be a tough nut to crack to get everyone back to the known working shuttle.

Via telepathy to the logistic officer, ~~ Once you get First Aid done on Canden. Get to him to the shuttle were the rest of the team is at!~~ In an authoritive manner. Not caring if she was speaking to someone Senior to her. She just wanted everyone secured to leave this dirtball of a planet.

She grabbed Tsuguka, by the back of her uniform collar, using her abilities to lift the heavier woman off the ground and making her way back to the shuttle, semi-dragging Tsugka with her, popping off shots as the opportunity arose at the Rixxikor.

Aikiko felt the tugs and pats of Rixxikor fired projectiles grazing along her skin, creating more wounds as she made her way back to the shuttle. She could feel her energy draining at a rapid rate. But her determination to save at least one kept her moving ever closer to the their shuttle and popping off rounds at the Rixxikor.

She had made it as she entered the Shuttle with Tsuguka. She dropped Tsuguka at the feet of the Senior Officers, causing some of the slime to splash up on them. She rolled Tsuguka over on her back so she wouldn't drown in the Rixxikor slime. She moved back her chosen spot and settled down. She safed the Rixxikor weapon and secured it near her within easy reach.

Captured Shuttle 1

His body was starting its healing process. Already the blood that had been nearly pouring out of the wounds he'd received had ceased to flow. He would live through the physical trauma.

The squealing in Marcus' ears was beginning to drown out the sounds around him. The outside edges of his vision were starting to blur. The time it had taken to re-enter the planet's atmosphere had used most of what he had left to maintain the mental state he had. He knew the best thing for him was to find himself a reasonably secure place inside the shuttle to wedge himself in, and allow his mind to unfocus. But, he could still see what was happening outside the shuttle. There were fallen. His mind flashed to a scene from his past.

Flames...explosions...toxic fumes.
"Marcus! We have to get out of here!"

Shots fired...sirens blared...armies marched...friends fell.
"Not without them!"

"If we try to get them out we die!"

A harsh look. "If I don't, I could never live."
Marcus hadn't left his friends behind then. He gently touched a spot on his stomach. A wound he'd received from an old battle was a permanent reminder of what sacrifices had been made. His gaze hardened. The human stood. With his one functioning arm, he grabbed the gatling gun and disembarked from the shuttle. Fierce eyes locked onto each and every bug man in the area. He saw those breaking for the other shuttle. He saw those firing on the other crew members. He saw those running, hiding, sneaking, maneuvering.

Time stood still. A single quick tap on the the trigger of the gatling gun released a three-round burst. Every one of the remaining bugs knew, for one brief instant, what it felt to have a bolt of plasma energy surging through their abdomen, then torso, then exoskeleton-covered head. In a matter of seconds, nearly a dozen Rixxicor fell at Marcus' hand. With that done, he relaxed his arm, letting the large gun fall to his side, and reboarded the shuttle. The weapon fell to the floor of the vessel with a ~clunk~.

He said nothing, but sat himself in the most secure position he could find to brace against movement. The squealing was deafening at this point. His vision was nearly completely clouded over. At that point, his time was up. Marcus closed his eyes, bringing darkness to what remained of his vision, then released the hold on his mental modifications. His body went limp as he slipped into beautiful...blissful sleep.

Lighthouse Area -> Captured Shuttle 1

Reality swam between pure black and sparse flashes of color with an unnerving fluidic consistency. Tsuguka mentally grasped at fragments of familiarity, slightly recognizable passing images, all set to the uncompromising din of her damaged ear drum's swan song...

The lavender face of their pilot. The one she was supposed to be protecting. Watched her lips move, felt the buzz of telepathic communication, but too delirious to put her words in an order that made sense. The surge of urgency, and the feeling of the need to protect this person, did nothing to cure her complete inability to move or function. It was a struggle just to breath.

Black again. Vibrations. Floating? Being dragged. And shot at.

Eyes forced open. Too strange of an angle too look at the face of the person who was moving her, but for some reason she could smell everything. It was kind of familiar... The hand currently snapping off rounds with it's energy pistol had three fingers, like the NH-27 model... Akiashiro-Hei!... But how?...

Empty... Nothing... Was she going to die?... Something not quite sleep.

Liquid. Was it blood? It stank. The floor had changed from earthy grit to a cold, hard sheen.

Like a viper, Tsuguka suddenly shot back to life out of the blue, eyes wide open, facing directly forwards. What met her was the visage of the barren landscape now framed by the hatch of a small shuttle's rear door, through the design was unfamiliar. Still couldn't hear anything, but the heart was beating. Lungs perhaps not as bad as they once were. Limbs still in screaming agony, but apparently still attached at least.

Used her good remaining leg to put her back against the rudimentary benches which skirted the rear of the tiny vessel, putting herself in a position to get a better grasp of the situation and observe who was actually in their presence.

The red-winged form of Taharial was darting about, completely overworked with all sorts of injuries. The Shosho. Umeshu, now cradled in the cat-like male engineer's arms. Mister Rodia, Mister Wazu, and their samurai Mao, all looking like they had been through hell in person. Beige-skinned ex-peacekeeper had walked back in from her daydream a second earlier, too. Somehow, almost everyone was here, and still in one piece...

Allotted time to deal with injuries. Hanako looked like she had seen better days, so it wasn't worth distracting their faithful healer.

Receiver on the shotgun was smashed beyond easy repair. Fingers none-responsive. Lower leg clearly broken. Hearing inoperable. Communicator was missing. Pistol seemed okay. Clothes could be better.

First things first. Biting down on her fingers and straightening them out managed to pop enough back into their native joints. Swelling still made it feel like she was wearing heavy gloves. Rags from what remained of her backpack satchel were slowly and clumsily tied through the trigger guard, and lower barrel section of the weapon, in preparation for what was to come next. An extra grime-stained rag went in her mouth, which she bit down upon. Out-of-angle foot was wedged under one of the bench supports, giving her leverage to push away and rectifying it's skewed state.

Pain beyond words, noises that nobody probably expected the normally stoic and macabre crimson soldier was capable of making. Tears made small clear streams on an otherwise filthy semblance. Rags thankfully long enough to let her tie the splint down, without forcing her to bend forward too far.

A couple more breaths of just pure mental recovery. They could still be getting shot at for all she knew.

<"...Greetings once more, Shosho Ketsurui. Fellow Eucharis crew..."> A open-band telepathic message. Even without actually talking, she sounded tired. <"...Assistance was... Much appreciated. A status report would be helpful, if anyone is feeling up to it.">

Captured Shuttle I

Umeshu seemed to momentarily forget all about the pains remaining in her still-healing abdomen as the young engineer took her up in his arms not altogether unlike some action movie hero who had just saved the female protagonist. All she could think of was how warm Jax-san felt against her in that brief moment of contact as he carried her shapely form to safety, a comforting and protective sensation that harkened her back to the days of her birth in the hemosynthetic tube... about the only time when she truly had no worries. She drew in a stronger breath now, and gave a contented sigh, letting go of all the worry and stress she was holding onto now that was hampering her healing processes, now that she knew he and everyone else was still alive and in one piece for the most part. Even if the Bisen Lighthouse wasn't anymore, this was more than enough to be thankful to Chiharu for.

<Yokatta.... I was worried about you too...>

The Taii's words flitted through his digital mind like a soft caress, as she looked into his eyes deeply and ran what was left of her normally soft fingers across his boyish features towards the spot where his head was still healing to scratch Jax's ear once as if to make sure it twitched and he gave a tiny purr -- ensuring he was of sound body. It wasn't medically accurate but nevertheless an exceedingly cute and small gesture of her concern for him, despite her own injuries in the sea of other casualties that were in the shuttlecraft.

Just then, her still-zoomed, hemosynthetic vision saw past the side of the red-paneled engineer's face... the image of a Rixxikor pointing his scavenged plasma rifle right at the open door of the vessel where the crew was finding refuge. Perhaps it was due to her adrenaline pumping, but being so close Jax immediately felt the sore muscles of the kyūdōka suddenly tense and move with an urgency and eerily practiced grace of all Nekovalkyrja soldiers when they are fighting for their lives.

He felt the white-hot surge of purple aether fly past his body in a nanosecond, over just as quickly as it began.

Hashimoto-taii was holding her NSP out from her seated position with a determined look on her face he hadn't quite seen before, as the first wisps of residual zero-point energy hissed off it's barrel. There was now a neat hole directly dead center in the bug man's head, as the body staggered around in the distance for a few minutes from the shock before falling over.

Last edited:
Captured Shuttle 1

A startled mewl escape Jax's lips as the bolt skimmed his ear fur. With a stupified look, he covered his mouth and slowly spun around just in time to watch the bug fall. He looked from the corpse to Umeshu, swallowed several times to get over the shock of the sudden movement, then gazed over Umeshu with a look of quiet astonisment.

<...Holy shi-! Good shot!> he stammered mentally. The look in her eyes, among other things, fostered a thought he hadn't intended to share, but none the less found its way across. <You're unbelievably sexy when you do that...>

Captured Shuttle 1

Hanako nodded to Mao. "When we get there, we can use the most stealthy crew members, such as yourself, as our scouts. In our condition, I think it would be best if we infiltrated in a very low-key manner, and get to the ship as quickly as possible. After that we can blast our way out if we have to, and we could even call for reinforcements at that point. It could even be possible to capture the base where the Eucharis is at. Anyway, we need to get out of here. Is everyone on board?" Hanako asked, looking around. "Where is Suites? Tahariel, can you make sure he is alright?"

Taharial nodded and left Blackberry to exit the shuttle. She found Suites in bad shape and immediately took over, giving him several mouth-to-mouth breaths of air and then grabbing the tube from Mitsuko and inserting it to open up an airway. She dragged him back to the shuttle as gently as she could.

Meanwhile, the last couple of Rixxikor had made it to the second captured shuttle. It lurched forward and then skidded across the barren, treeless landscape before rocketing into the sky.

"Surely this shuttle has some weapons," Hanako thought aloud, kind of implying that maybe they should shoot the other shuttle down before it could escape.

Captured Shuttle 1

Even as Hanako was voicing her suggestion, Natsumi was dropping into the pilot's chair. Her red eyes flicking about the displays and hands taking the controls. Everyone was aboard so she sealed the external hatch and throttled up, lifting the shuttle off the ground on it's counter gravity generators, orienting it towards the other lifting rixxicore shuttlecraft.

"Already on it, Shosho" the snowy haired neko said, "Hang on tight, everyone" she added as she goosed the throttle up, closing into persuit of the other ship.

There had to be weapons. Her eyes darted between searching the controls and keeping watch on the other shuttle. No way creatures as violent and hostile and trigger happy as the rixxicore would have unarmed shuttles... There, she found it. A primative system, but more than capable of the job at hand.

Natsumi thumbed on the weapons and lit up the targeting sensors. The bugs seemed to have taken note of their tail and the other pilot was putting it's shuttle into a crude evasive move, one that did little to shake their persuit. On one side of the craft, Natsumi saw a bug man poking his head out, trying to hold a weapon out into the slipstream with little effect. She did not doubt that, good aim or not, he would shoot off his weapon anyways.

Natsumi slewed their shuttle to the side, keeping them out of a possible line of fire from the bug. Before her promotion, she had been an operations officer with a specialization in gunnery and while this was no Plumeria class heavy gunship, it had engines and guns.

She tightened her grip on the battered shuttle's control yolk, making the minute adjustments that dropped her targetting reticule over the bugman shuttle and pressed her thumbs down, triggering the shuttles weapons to send avolly of fire reaching out for the other shuttles engine cluster.

Lighthouse Area

Mitsuko had the equipment prepped and ready, but she was more than relieved when the actual Medic arrived just in time to begin the actual procedure. "Thank you, Chasan-Hei. I have something I must attend to." She made it halfway to the shuttle she had been attempting to fly before realizing it was already occupied. At least all of that bouncing and exploding had jostled the vessel's lone cargo container out of the hatch she'd left open to admit the other crew members.

Captured Shuttle

The Logistics Neko just managed to make it into the shuttle the main group had arrived with, dragging a large, overstuffed crate with her. She was wedged right up against the rear hatch in the cramped interior, having to sit on top of the meager haul she'd returned with. The three environ suits were identical to the one she was currently wearing, if not yet as messy. She looked around at the various wounded, unarmored soldiers. "...apologies. I could only carry so many." Another look around the packed ship, as it began to shake and tilt. "Did you leave all of the supplies back at our...landing site?" Mitsuko had the backpack she'd loaded originally, but that was about it. Before she could begin doing a property inventory of their current supplies, including weapons and ammunition, Natsumi started the really fancy maneuvering, causing her to squeak and tumble off of her perch, bouncing off the nearest wall.

Captured Shuttle 1

Aikiko hand shot out and grabbed Mitsuko to prevent her from bouncing around even more after the first initial toss. She held the Logistic Neko steady till she signaled to be released. She gave up her seat so that the Logistic Neko could have a seat and be comfortable.

Via telepathic commination's to Mitsuko ~~Shosho's call if we go back for them.~~ Aikiko used the shuttles maneuvering to get to a new place to settle down without being toss about like Mitsuka was.

The moment Marcus lost consciousness, he knew nothing of what was happening around him. The feel and smell of the filth around him didn't bother him. The jostling of the shuttle while they pursued the other Rixxicor transport did nothing to cause a reaction. The condition of the other passengers had no effect on him, whatsoever.

However, if one were to look at his face, what could be made out of it beyond the slowly healing shrapnel marks would hint that the human was having struggles of his own. His face twisted and contorted as he paid the price for utilizing the genetic modifications on his mind. The longer he used them, the greater the cost, and this time, he'd used them as long as his psyche would allow. He'd robbed Peter. Now it was time to pay Paul.

Captured Shuttle 1

The Rixxikor Shuttle spun wildly as it was hit by a powerful blast from the crew's captured shuttle, which hit the Rixxikor shuttle squarely in the engine, which erupted in smoke and flickered out. The insectoids' shuttle tumbled down towards the surface while the one carrying the Eucharis accelerated up into space.

Hanako did some mental calculations. "I do not want to lose our momentum but we are in no state to fight another battle so quickly," she said. "Natsumi, set course for UX-3 III. I remember when the Eucharis visited there in YE 34, there was a newly-placed Bisen Lighthouse in orbit. It has no weapons but it has beds, showers, medical supplies, and food that our bodies need to recover. Best of all, it is less than seven-light years away, which we can cross quickly with the shuttle's hyperspace drive. Here is the plan: We get to the lighthouse, recover for 10 hours with meals and sleep, take any supplies we need, and then enter the enemy base pretending to be a random Rixxikor shuttle. We gather a little intelligence, sneak back aboard the Eucharis, and then depart however is necessary."

Captured Shuttle 1

A grin spread across Natsumi's lips as she saw her shots chew into the other shuttlecraft's engines and turn them into smoking ruin. With it's drive power suddenky removed, the craft dropped like a brick, tumbling down to it's inevitable fiery destruction below, an inky black smoke trail the only lingering sign of it's existance, already being carried away by the winds.

The snowy haired neko let out a sigh of relief. One issue resolved. Soon the next major one was solved by Hanako.

"Sounds like a solid plan" she agreed with her Shosho and began plotting the new course for UX-3 III into the shuttle's navicomputer. Soon the system confirmed their flight path and orbit exit vector and Natsumi adjusted the shuttle's heading.

Natsumi piloted the small ship free of the primative world's gravity mass shadow, then, as soon as they were clear, spooled up the FTL drive and oriented the ship for the jump.

"Engaging FTL, hang on" she announced as her left hand rest on the grimy throttle. She wasn't sure how smooth the FTL entry would be in this piece of junk. In fact as soon as they were down at UX-3 III she wanted to get together with Jax and give the thing a full indpection!

Pushing the throttle up, Natsumi jumped the shuttle out of the system.

Bisen Lighthouse in Orbit of UX-III, a couple hours later

The battered, nasty-looking shuttle they'd stolen from the Rixxikor came to a rest inside the top level of the lighthouse, and it was safe to say that everyone aboard wanted to get out of it. The rear door hissed open, flooding the lighthouse's perfectly filtered air with the stench of Rixxikor turds.

"There is an automated medical bed and medical supplies on the floor below us," Hanako told the others. "Floor 3 has the sleeping beds and, importantly, the showers. Get patched up, healed up, and rested up as best you can. In ten hours or so, we will be on our way to our ship to get reunited." The Shosho stepped out of the shuttle and stripped naked right in the middle of the shuttle bay before gliding down the ladderway to the shower level where she found three shower stalls and a fully stocked rack of fluffy white towels.

Bisen Lighthouse Hangar

With the jolt of the shuttle hitting the deck, Jax's eyes fluttered open. He'd taken a cat-nap on the way here, deciding that if he was going to die from explosive decompression, he might as well do it in his sleep.

The engineer rose from his seat next to Umeshu and proceeded to do his usual series of stretches and scratches. Once finished, he took a moment to fight the urge to vomit from the stench of the shuttle, and then took quick stock of his surroundings.

For the most part, everyone looked relatively good. He'd had to bite his cheek to keep from laughing when Mitsuko went flying off her crate during launch. Candon was still alive, so that was good. The big guy- er, Marcus- was passed out like a giant, furless bear. Wazu looked like he'd make it. Aikiko was healing pretty well. Hanako was stripping na-.

With a perfected discipline only acquired by spending over a year in a female-majority military, Jax averted his eyes like. the. plague. He waited until his Shosho was safely down the ladder and out of view. He opened his mouth to speak, but then turned his gaze in another direction when he found that Mao was naked as well.

'So it's that kinda party, huh?' He thought with a tired chuckle. On the side, he mentally cursed whoever chose skintight body suits as standard wear. The inside of his cheek was bleeding from how hard he'd bitten into it to keep his body from... reacting.

Once he'd gotten himself under control, he asked:

"So, uh, what's there to eat around here?"

Rixxicor Shuttle

Marcus displayed no reaction to shuttle entering the planet's atmosphere or to the landing, aside from his body being jostled around a bit with the various movements of the shuttle. What he did react to, was what was going on inside his head.

The echo of his mother's pleas sounded in the background. His father's screams fell on deaf ears. His sister's sobs matched his own internal battle. One by one, voices rang out strong and then faded as another replaced them.

"There's nothing we can do for her."
"It doesn't look good."
"I'm sorry, Mr. Rodia, but your wife..."
"Katarina, take Marcus and run!"
"The apartment has been rigged."
"You weren't there, Marcus! What else could I do?"
"This isn't the first time she's been here since you left."
"...always bragging about his accomplishments. You...and your brother."
"I can't lose you, too."

One didn't need to be observant to see there was some type of struggle going on in the human's mind. The filth of his surroundings wouldn't bother him. Nor did he seem concerned with whether or not he was positioned comfortably. His own mind was enough to bring him pain. This wasn't uncommon, though none of the others on the ship would know that.

Marcus' mind was damaged any time he used all his mental modifications at the same time. The dreams, or rather the memories of his family's accursed past, always hit him hard in the recovery process. And, ultimately, not all of the damage could be repaired. Each time, he lost a little bit of something, but the part that was lost...he dared not think about.

Bisen Lighthouse Hanger

"Yur on yur own, Jax," Aikiko voice was sounding exhausted as much as she felt. Not to mention she was starving and her body was screaming for real healthy food that her body didn't have to process before using.

Aikiko followed after the Shosho and also stripped down to skin. Using the inside of her exercise shirt to get rid of the extra Rixxikor wastes from her exposed skin. Her damaged knee was an ugly mass of flesh of infection, torn flesh that was starting to heal up. Adding her clothes to the pile left behind by Hanako, yet keeping the pouch and content that was entrusted in her care by Marcus, with her. And a chrome sphere from Wazu and her holster.

She floated down to the showers, following Hanako's example. She grabbed the first vacant shower and turned the water on scalding hot and embraced the steaming water pouring on her body. Opening her mouth and taking in the water for some easing of the pangs of hunger that her body craved to resume the healing process.

Letting out an involuntary moan of pleasure and pain as the hot water did its' job of sluicing off the Rixxikor slime. Her wounded knee twitched and jerked as the hot water stung and burned the germs while washing away infection by-products. Using the disinfectant soaps, began to wash herself, starting with top of her head and working slowly down. She dreaded when it came to her damaged knee. She hissed sharply as forced herself to even clean that out, her stoic demeanor gone as she made funny faces and a few whimpers that escaped as she scrubbed the wounded area clean, getting rid of the dead flesh and other detrimental foreign substances from the wound.

After 20 minutes of getting clean, the big fluffly towels felt luxurious and a slice of heaven. She grabbed two. First one she wrapped around her waist and using the holster straps as a belt to keep it place. Second one she tore into strips for a make shift bandage to stop the bleeding and keep it clean. She let her hair hang free and down her front to cover her breast for some easing of the mind from the males that was with the group.

Next step was food and lots of it. She made her way to station's pantry, to help herself to the rations and food that was stored there, before heading into the kitchen. She made her favorite and easy to make which she knew from living on her own. She lost herself in the mundane of domestic duties of cooking a large meal for herself and those that wanted to partake of.

Simple stew with thick gravy, vegetables and good size chunks of preserved meats. Biscuit type of fluffy dumplings that you can sink your teeth into and added to the thick stews' flavor. A simple tossed salad of vegetables that was scrounged up. Celery, radishes, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion greens and a few old cucumbers, finely diced. A poor man's salad dressings of vinegar, oils, and spices with a dash of Cooking Sherry (hard liquor designated for cooking). As for drinks, everyone was on their own for that. Soon the aromas of a decent home cooked meal permeated the air. Floated through the Bison Lighthouse station on the air currents sending out the invite to all to partake in.

Binsen Lighthouse

“Ungng...” Wazu had felt every slight motion of the shuttle as it made its way to the lighthouse. The world was spinning, and closing his eyes made things feel that much worse. He had been patched up a little bit with what was available at the time... but he needed some serious medical attention. He knew if he fell asleep he'd probably die... luckily he was so full of Prime that he couldn't sleep even if he wanted to. He would stumble to his feet and head as quickly as he could toward the lift, one arm still hanging limply by his side.

Shot, stabbed, covered in bug poop and his own blood... He'd then catch sight of Hanako's clothing on the floor.... at least he didn't have to worry about modesty.

One short trip down the lift and Wazu would find himself in the medbay, tracking blood and excrement along his path as he stumbled towards the ABMU, sitting down on the ledge and then grabbing the data-pad looking thing nearby.

“Welcome to the Autonomus Basic Medicine Unit! Please state the nature of...” Wazu tilted his head back, placed the pad on his chest, and just slammed his finger down on the next button repeatedly,

NEXT

NEXT

NEXT

NEXT

“Would you like to pull PANTHEON data related to this patient's...”

NEXT

NEXT

NEXT

Wazu held up the screen with his good hand so he could take a look. It had finally started populating with medical procedures that it could run. He'd slam his finger down on the first few options

THAP THAP THAP

The machine hissing to life as it began repairing the connections in his arm, replacing the damaged or removed skin on his body, and slicing off the disgusting clothing that was still covered in bug feces. He tried not to watch the process, keeping his eyes closed as the local anesthetic was applied prior to the surgery. He knew it should hurt, but all he could feel was the dull pressure of mechanical parts moving around inside of his body.

In minutes, he was patched up, a fresh coat of skin where it was needed. He could move again, though his insides felt like they were held together by stitches and wishful thinking. He then queue'd up a series of Hyprosprays, Droksin, Adrenaline, and a full body anesthetic. The combination of uppers and downers helping kill the sensation that he was doing anything. It felt like he was watching himself as the ABMU started speaking again,

“It looks like the Patient is suffering from an autoimmune disease. Patient does not seem to be from a compatible race, though biology is similar to Nepleslians. Possible diagnosis includes Lupu...”

Wazu slapped the pad again, taking a few tries to find the NEXT button before finally giving himself a massive dose of anti-virals and anti-biotics. Like Doc Loc had said earlier... the Rixxikor likely had some powerful germs.

---

“How much time did Hanako give us?” Wazu wondered out loud. He remembered her saying the numbers 3 and 10... and the some haze as he made his way down to the medbay. He also remembered Marcus was basically just laying there the whole trip.

“Ugh...” Wazu queue'd up another injection, Adrenaline, modnafil, Droksin, and HTP5. He quickly snagged the injector from the medical robot and went towards the ladder, holding the injector in his mouth like a pirate would a sword. He could feel the fresh repairs in his body already starting to strain... but there were enough chemicals swimming around in his brain that he didn't care.

With one hand providing some level of modesty, and the other holding the injector, he'd start moving towards his target,

“Marcus wake up or I am waking you up.”

RPG-D RPGfix
Back