Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 27, Part 2] Night on the Beach (YE 39)

Camp Fire

Jax grinned mischievously and averted his eyes up and to the right. He was clearly having way too much fun with this. You couldn't really blame him. This was going to be the first time he'd ever seen Tugs sing! It was a moment to be cherished.

<You've been watching the wrong shows, then! You'll be fine! Unless, of course, you're...>

Jax made direct eye contact with the red woman, his expression smug and teasing.

<...Chicken?>

Tsuguka had officially been challenged.

Camp Fire

Button nudged, karaoke machine booted back up. It was time to tackle this beast before the joke got old. Her research into this matter was totally inadequate, but sometimes you just had to jump into the blue and hope for the best. It was a sailor-style schoolgirl outfit now gracing those muscular crimson thighs, alright. Tsuguka considered a more blue hue to go better with that skin, but this was getting dangerously close to 100% maximum Yamatai overdose as it was...

"My search has been looong~,
looking for emotions like thiiis~.
These pure feelings must have been asleep within me!
"

A slight sway, microphone held like a water bottle, whilst the other was held up daintily at one side. They were copying all of the girly moves, but their low and husky voice made it sound like a male remix...

"When I chase after my dreams,
smiles and tears,
I know that I will catch them more often~."

Their timing was perfect. Too perfect. Cold. Animatronic, even with the little flairs and turns...

"But sometimes I want to feel,
the wind and be myself.
I want to find a future that's nobody else's,
but on my own~!"

A smile! A little bow!

And some shady, angular eyes that said 'If you recorded that, I'm literally going to pull your arms and legs off.'

Camp Beach

Tan Ann Pan's applause was almost as cold and mechanical as the performance had been. Her smile seemed genuine, but then, her eyes still weren't visible, so who could say? "Brave, indeed! But we survived." She leaned forward, intently. "I suppose it's your turn, now? You've more than earned the opportunity."

Camp Fire

"That was great! Do Another!" Wazu shouted, clapping, and playing the part of the cheering audience.

He thought it was good. It sounded right. The music was correct. The movements were pulled off in exact sync with the tempo of the song. The interplay of Tugs trying to max out the effect of a style that wasn't her own was fantastic.

And those alcoholic cherries were nearby again. It was time to resume consumption.

Camp Fire

Jax was having a field day! He placed his fingers against his lips and whistled loudly, all the while holding up a datapad with the camera app open and filming. But suddenly, he felt very afraid as a set of glowing, green eyes locked onto him. He let out a quiet mewl and felt his ears droop.

Jax, as casually as he could, deleted the recording and put the data pad away.

Camp Fire Circle of Fear

Mehitabel dutifully recorded the order people took their dares, even if it was super short at this point: Oshiro-hei, Freyja-san, Toyoe-heisho. Having a task on hand helped block out the very, very recently memories of Masumi's dare. The evening had gone from about 45 kph to 1000 kph real fast.... Fortunately, the Admiral handled it well enough that she didn't end up screaming in terror. Which might have happened, she reflected, if Freyja had chosen her. The black wing-tipped Elysian looked to the sky, where her circling distant relatives seemed to be drifting away forlornly as the fish burned up completely...

As Tsuguka wrapped up her performance, Bel stealthily turned off the 'record' function of her communicator, like she was simply making an extra note in her voluminous personal correspondence. She dug a hand into the beer cooler by the fire, forgotten for a time, but, now that she'd had a mixed drink to satisfy the man behind the bar. The clerk popped the top and chugged it down in one. Then went for another.

Camp Fire

Natsumi leaned back on her elbows, wiggling her toes as she watched the goings on and awaited her turn to choose truth or dare. She noted that things had taken a bend for the interesting right off the bat. She was curious if the game would go farther astray or not soon. She blushed just a little as she thought back to the first time she'd played truth or dare with the Eucharis crew on shore leave. That had been an interesting event, though, as she remembered, things did not go too far out of hand, like she had heard hints of from her sister about the dare parties held aboard her ship.

Bonfire Campsite

"Whew," Saiga-chusa said when he sauntered up and stood between any two of his shipmates, arms swaying noodly at his sides. One hung heavier than the other, weighed down by his now half-empty bottle of Delsaurian Dusk. His black half-kimono hung open, showing off his strong chest and abdomen in an effortlessly (or accidentally) stylish way, and he was wearing his sunglasses again, too.

And he was most certainly three or four swigs beyond tipsy by now.

"Moe," he muttered as he plopped down onto the sandy beach again—the comment sounded either entirely sarcastic or genuine, but it was hard to tell exactly which it was. Truly, though, he'd been able to see the red oni Neko's performance in full as he'd approached just moments earlier and thought it was very moe. He began to chuckle after a few moments, finding pretty much everything about sitting down pretty hilarious, and then stifled it with another drink of the reptilian liquor he'd chosen.

Camp Fire

It was staggering, the thought of a decorated admiral, a member of the royal family spanking an enlisted soldier, or anyone for that matter, in public. Seeing it in person nearly made Candon drop him glass as shock and horror struck with every blow. For a brief moment he thought Ramiro had slipped something in his drink but when you have the conditioning package from SAINT seeing is believing, even if your drugged.

At least Tsuguka's song couldn't include a sexual harassment charge, though Candon would agree that singing was not her strongest suit. So far the evening had lowered the level of his glass halfway, which was fast for a slow-drinker like himself.
It was only something that concerned him as he watched the ship's clerk chug a beer and go for a second, but naturally the concern centered around manly ego rather than a desire to drink more and as such was easily dismissed in favor of a different concern.
'Wait, she's keeping record of the dares!'
His work was never over, that record needed some attention before anything else.

Candon stood up, sights locked on Mehitabel as he strategized how he would accomplish the mission of securing Hanako's reputation... of course there would be someone else in their drunken state to identify the look of a man on a mission and completely misinterpret the objective as the woman rather than the record keeping device as he made his approach to the target who was holding a beer.

Beer Cooler

"Hi there," Candon initiated quietly to hopefully maintain a private conversation, unsure of how he would bring up the- "I need a favor regarding the list of dares."

Camp Fire

Freyja watched Tsuguka impassively until she was done. The second she stopped, the Neko started laughing hysterically, falling off the log and literally rolling around on the ground. She couldn't get the image of Tsuguka dressed like that out of her head. After a few minutes, she couldn't laugh anymore and just sat there on the ground looking up at the stars. "Thank you so much Tsuguka-hei, I needed that." She said seriously. Her head was starting to pound and she reasoned that she must need more alcohol.

Getting to her feet slowly, Freyja noticed Wazu sitting by himself. She caught up with him and moved to sit beside him. "Mr. Waazuuu! What do you have there? Could I have some?" She asked, scooting closer and putting on her best pouty face. "Pleeeaaase?"

Camp Fire
Beer Cooler

"Hi there," Candon initiated quietly to hopefully maintain a private conversation, unsure of how he would bring up the- "I need a favor regarding the list of dares."

"Ask and ye shall receive, Suites-heisho," Mehitabel said sedately, calmly sipping her latest beer now that she had sated her anxiety over how their 'fun and games' were developing. The only solution to alcohol related incidences was to... Consume more alcohol. It was the soundest logic she could come to considering the breaks on the chaos train seemed to have been fully burned off.

She patted the sand next to her, "Step into my office."

Camp Fire

Wazu suddenly had a very sandy, very naked, blue neko pressing up against him.

He would end up putting an arm around her, helping steady her before offering her the jar of cherries. She seemed drunk... but he didn't think nekos could get drunk... Did she want attention? Maybe she wanted to forget something? Or maybe she just wanted to be someone else for a night.

He certainly had his suspicions, but who was he to call her out on it.

"Cherries soaked in moonshine." He replied, "Have as many as you want... I was going to use them as a garnish but they are just as good out of the bottle... which is full of moonshine soaked in cherries. Mellows out the burn just a little if you would rather drink it.""

"Ask and ye shall receive, Suites-heisho," Mehitabel said sedately, calmly sipping her latest beer now that she had sated her anxiety over how their 'fun and games' were developing. The only solution to alcohol related incidences was to... Consume more alcohol. It was the soundest logic she could come to considering the breaks on the chaos train seemed to have been fully burned off.

She patted the sand next to her, "Step into my office."

'Oh, that was easy,' Candon thought. Without a good reason he had a preconceived notion that the clerk would be on guard, watching over the list of dares to defend against people like him. Ones who weave inaccuracies into data and fabricate lies would naturally be the exact opposite of clerks who keep data organized and accurate. Like an HR rep the list of dares meant more to him than to her, seeing as his job involved controlling information rather than just recording it.

He sat next to her in the sand… he still hated planets. They were just so dirty!
"You know, if word spread that Hanako spanks enlisted- or anyone, really, it might cause some political issues right now," Candon explained, leading into the request, "I was hoping that you might just keep track of the people being dared rather than the dares themselves, just so there's no possible way of news spreading about tonight. Could you do that for me?"

Camp Fire

The naive young Nekovalkyrja had no idea what moonshine was, but she loved cherries. Freyja giggled at his clever wording, then plucked a cherry and popped it into her mouth. She noticed her proximity to Wazu, and that it felt nice. Maybe better than being held by Junko, albeit in a different way. It felt somehow safer, maybe due to the size difference.

Her thoughts drifted lower and she blushed a little, picking out another cherry and quickly eating it. Not satisfied with the speed at which she was growing inebriated again, Freyja held the bottle to her lips and took a drink. "Mm.. that is good!" She said, marveling at the sweet flavor. Her mind kept drifting to obscene thoughts about the man. The thing with Jackson fell through. She was determined to hook up with someone tonight.

After a few more sips she felt comfortable enough to move in closer, leaning her head on his shoulder. Her tail wrapped around him and rested on his lap. "Come on Tugs, dare someone!" She called out, eager for more debauchery.

Camp Fire

"Who is it going to be Tugs?" Wazu asked, helping the blue one egg on the red one.

His hand just continued to hold her shoulder, letting Freyja drain the moonshine. He hardly knew the Neko, but no one drank like that unless heartbreak was involved.

At least that answered a few of his questions.

Beach Of Uncouth Challenges

Tsuguka's bare feet paced their way over to the bar as she thought about who to choose, a few ideas crossing her mind that made even the tempered red neko grin maliciously.

"You must stop changing the rules, now." She spoke with a reserved tone, quite obviously buying time by intentionally playing the obnoxious rules lawyer. "The last two people volunteered themselves."

During this, she also reached around the counter and fetched herself an icy amber beer. Since she was still wearing that cutesy magical girl outfit, snapping it open kind of made her look like a member of one of those female-only delinquent motorbike gangs.

"...My good friend Mister Wazu~..." That predatory smile returned. He probably shouldn't have poked the bear, given that he was also the only person without a rank to disturb the oni's internal heirarchy. "I dare you to swap all of your clothes with someone else. Male or female. I'll let you chose who... Condition one; It needs to be voluntary on their part. Condition two; They don't have to wear yours. I have a spare exercise uniform."

"Also, somebody should get Nito Hei Freyja some water, or she's gonna dehydrate..."

"Mm, that's all Ketsurui-shosho asked me to do anyway," she asked with great neutrality, a steadiness of mind she certainly didn't feel at the moment. Her eye twitched a little, "That's all I intend to do. You also have my word that that will never be spoken of by my lips."

Suites was giving her a look... It was... She wasn't sure what he was judging but he was judging, she felt almost certain. Perhaps it was simply that their shadowy black ops type didn't expect someone that was, essentially, the ship's bureaucrat to be so open to manipulation? Part of her wanted to just say that it was only a game, there wasn't anything important at stake, but as Candon had just pointed out, they weren't even three dares in before running into a nascent political crisis/blackmail situation.

Bel sighed, lifting her eyes from the empty beer can that joined its deceased siblings in the pile at her side, "Are you sure you want to stay this close the circle? You might fall victim to merriment, Suites-heisho."

"Mm, that's all Ketsurui-shosho asked me to do anyway," she asked with great neutrality, a steadiness of mind she certainly didn't feel at the moment. Her eye twitched a little, "That's all I intend to do. You also have my word that that will never be spoken of by my lips."

Suites was giving her a look... It was... She wasn't sure what he was judging but he was judging, she felt almost certain. Perhaps it was simply that their shadowy black ops type didn't expect someone that was, essentially, the ship's bureaucrat to be so open to manipulation? Part of her wanted to just say that it was only a game, there wasn't anything important at stake, but as Candon had just pointed out, they weren't even three dares in before running into a nascent political crisis/blackmail situation.

Bel sighed, lifting her eyes from the empty beer can that joined its deceased siblings in the pile at her side, "Are you sure you want to stay this close the circle? You might fall victim to merriment, Suites-heisho."

Candon shrugged slightly, almost indifferently. She wasn't wrong. He was the grump of the group with his disposition tending to shy from 'fun' in the common sense if the word. He could at least relax a bit knowing that he'd done his duty.

"I actually used to enjoy big parties with dancing, booze, drugs… sex," Candon confided, as if he'd lost that part of himself, "my first three years of life I spent as the only male Nekovalkyrja in my division, and I liked it that way- most young men would. I guess things change as we get on with life.
It's just not the same- it's… empty."

Candon's face turned red as he snapped the barely opened book of his life closed, the way it belonged. He'd spent years burying it but the past always had the uncanny ability to resurface and affect the present.

He chuckled trying to recover what he'd said, "or maybe I've just been staring into space to long, I don't know anymore."

"Hm," she remarked. It was hard to tell what was more shocking; a member of the royal family spanking an enlisted woman or Candon opening up about specifics of his past. People changed. Constantly. It was part of life, and she wasn't exactly shocked to find out that Candon had lived the life of a libertine man, complete, possibly, with scarlet women, though who knew where his musical tastes lay. As quick as it was there, the flash of insight into the swirling smoke of Candon Suites vanished on the breeze as suddenly as it had stirred. Part of her was almost glad. An uncomfortable Suites was likely to run, after all.

"You're the only one that knows anything about my youth," Mehitabel said, offering him a beer from the ice chest, "Suffice to say it didn't have much boozing or any sex. This all feels like something I should understand and don't. The concepts are there without the connection." She gestured at the circle slightly beyond their muttering range, then at her drink.

"People change. Hopefully you've not lost yourself in the process," she said frankly, "Or maybe you have, and that was the point."

Candon accepted the beer with an appreciative nod.
He couldn't deny the validity of the statement. It came like a slap of reality. Candon could only imagine himself stuck somewhere in between lost and given away. It was the price for joining SAINT, or more specifically it was his price.

"Maybe your right, I wasn't a very good person," he admitted, "so what was life as a plebeian like? I imagine you did something for recreation."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back