• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.0] - Out of the Mist

Yaeko looked down again and began to stammer. "I...I'm sor...sorry." She glanced up innocently at Atsui before looking down again. "I simply panicked and didn't think thoroughly, allowing my reflexes to get the better of me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause a commotion." Yaeko holstered her NSP and waited for the lecturing to begin.

Silic stared at the carcass, head moving around in curiosity. Gingerly he reached out and touched the one of the antlers, shaking it slightly. Gaining confidence he stepped forward and grabbed the antlers with both hands, rocking it a little bit. Autopsy done, he turned back to the others “Hey, I think we should call it a Muna!”

Yaeko's Holstering reflex would find her not putting anything into the Holster, as Kail still held the weapon in her hand. "I suggest we give her a training pistol for now, so she does not hurt anyone." the former instructor added, looking over the girl's weapon in mild curiousity- it was not as well kept as the Juni's and showed signs of nervous fiddling.

At Silic's jovial call, however, Kail sighed a bit, but kept her comment to herself.

Atsui paused and thought about Kail's history. She was an instructor, I think I will assign her to schedule some ground combat drills for the other Hei's. she thought.

"Tin Man, leave the carcass for the Science Studies personnel. Kail-Juni, in the morning I want you to see about putting together some basic ground training for the Hei's...." Atsui paused and cocked her head.

A pair of small metalic objects flew out from the mist and landed amidst the group. A fraction of a second later the flash bangs detonated. Atsui was already heading for the ground when the blinding flash went off.

"Everyone down, incoming." she sent telepathically to the squadron. as she hit the ground. She drew her NSP but held off even taking the safety off since she could not see nor get to a firiing stance. She waited until the effects of the grenade wore off.

Meanwhile from the other side of the encampment another series of flashes went off.

Yaeko patted around against her looking for her weapon. She searched the ground for a few moments before she realized that Kail still had it. She eyed the gun curiously. Then, the call from Atsui came. Yaeko spun her head around and had enough time to turn back towards Kail and dive for her weapon. Mid-dive, the flash went off, blinding her vision and cutting out her sound.

Silic had looked back just in time to be flashed-banged in the face, stunning him completely, he toppled over and rolled next to the animal carcass. He lay deaf, blind and mildly concussed behind his impromptu meatshield.

Kail, Veteran of many ground engagements, had quickly told her OS to shut off her eyes and ears temporarily to minimize damage, before turning them back on after the flash bangs had finished going off. As Yaeko fumblingly dove toward the older Neko, Kail herself dove, tucked, and rolled, coming up on her knees, her own pistol drawn along with Yaeko's. Kail would give the weapon back when Munkata had recovered.

Even through her preventative measures, Kail found a bit of ringing in her ears and her vision was still somewhat blurry, but this was expected, and preferable to being completely deaf and blind.

Yaeko mad a loud "Oof" as she slammed into the ground. She blinked hard several times until she could see faint outlined images. "My gun!" She held out her hand to the person that appeared to be Kail. This is why you don't take someone's sidearm! She lay flat on her stomach, straining her eyes to find enemies approaching the group.

Atsui lay on the ground facing in what she believed was the direction the grenades had been tossed from. Why aren't we under more fire... shit... she thought.

Forcing herself up to one knee, she looked around. While most of her vision was still blurred, she could make out what seemed to be more flashes off to their left. "Its a diversion. Do your best to shake off the effects. They are attacking the SSS Encampment." she sent telepathically.

Silic was still laying behind the bullet-ridden and slightly charred dead muna, his damaged ears could only hear the sound of hornets as gunfire started flying past him. As Atsui's telepathic order came through Silic sprang up, his eyes still streaming and his ears still ringing from the grenades, and tried to run for cover towards the encampment. He spun around, tripped up on the carcass of the dead muna and ran like Melisson herself was after him.

Straight for the fire coming towards them from the forest.

Lynn found herself on the ground, hands over her flattened ears. Her eyes blinked away the spots from looking directly into the flash bangs' lights.

She rolled to get her hands underneath herself, and was standing before anyone could say "Ketsurui Clan!" And the first thing that her eyes alighted on was Silic Vas, running for his life into the woods.

"What kind of idiot are you?!" She yelled after him.

Paying no heed to Atsui's new order Lynn set her NSP to 'Heavy' and rushed after Silic, intent on either murder or tackling him. She wasn't sure.

As Silic ran into the forest, tree branches tugged at his clothes. As he passed a large tree trunk, a think branch swung at him. It hit with force just beneath his neck and knocked him backwards onto the ground. After he hit the ground a Zen Armaments 10mm Submachine Pistol
appeared above him pointing at him. From his positioned in looked as if it was being held by a bush of some sort.

"Oi' what did you do that for, we were only supposed to distract the Star Army people." a gruff deep voice called out.

A female voice chuckled, "Well I would say that this one is plenty distracted right now. Thought you'd be a hero soldier boy?"

Silic hit the ground with a dull “Ompf!”, he wiped the tears from his eyes and looked around, noticing the suspiciously armed rhododendron and chuckled nervously.

“I don't suppose I could interest anyone in a jelly baby?”

As Kail's hearing and sight came all the way back, the Neko's OS shifted her vision around, opening the pupil fully and allowing more light into her eyes, so she could see better. "Tin Man is down, inside the forest, Shall I go get him? There's something glinting above his head" she observed, letting off the safety on her gun and gingerly dropping Yaeko's to the ground so she could use it, even if it probably wasn't the best idea, it certainly wasn't the worst in this situation.

Yaeko scrambled for her weapon before checking the safety and setting it to stun. She went into a kneeling stance and held her weapon ready, pointing it in the direction that Silic and Lynn had gone. "Orders Chui? Are we going after them or leaving them to fend for themselves?"

"Damn you Silic...." Atsui swore softly. "We're a squadron we watch each others back. We go retrieve them, or rescue as the case may be. Then we find out what the hell is going on over there." Getting up into a crouch, she pointed her gun to the right. "Munkata-Hei approach from 5 meters to my right, Kail-Juni do the same from my left. Hopefully whoever they've run into will be involved with Silic and Yagami and we can take them down, or out. Let's go." Atsui said as she started moving cautiously after her wayward team members.

Yaeko stood in a low, defensive position as she moved to Atsui's right. She slowly crept forward, making sure to stay around five meters to the right, and moving at about the same speed. She scanned back and forth as she moved, weapon in front of her and ready to fire.

The camouflaged person gave Silic a quick kick to the chin. "Think your funny soldier boy. I ought to put a few rounds in your belly and see how amusing that is." the contralto voice said. Silic could see the face of a human female, scowling and with murder in her eyes.

Lynn stopped short when she saw the two figures take Silic down, and dived to the ground.

"Silic..." She whispered with an edge of violence. Now the troublesome nepleslian had gotten himself into real trouble. She began to crawl closer, until she could hear them and see them more clearly.

"...put a few rounds in your belly and see how amusing that is." the one who had taken Silic down said.

Prone, Lynn drew her pistol around and set it to 'Pulse' then aimed at the figure.

"I think it's hilarious." She said, pulling the trigger twice.

Lynn's shots slammed the disguised attacker in the chest, causing part of her disguise to catch fire. As she was knocked backwards the attacker's gun fired. A three round burst discharged at the prone Silic. However the affect of knocking the woman away caused her shots to stray. So they missed Silic's abdomen, but two of the three rounds tore into his left arm. The first bullet slammed into the cybernetic portion, and the second tore through flesh and muscle.

The effects of the NSP discharge and the three round burst served to illuminate the scene briefly like a strobe light. Revealing that there were three more individuals standing to the flanking members of the squadron.

The target of Lynn's attack lay upon the ground moaning.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back