• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.2] - Adjustments

Elisto tilted his head toward Silics direction, then smiled knowingly and said. "No idea, though maybe it's the black panels," he placed his hand on his panels for a moment then looked back out into space. "Sadly, there are those who don't like SAINT, even though we provide a much needed service, it's something I was told to get used to," he spoke softly so only she would hear it, not wanting to risk causing any trouble with his words.

He then turned around toward Yaeko and pondered a few things to himself before glancing over at Ira and saying. "So, who are these 'quieter' members you speak of?" he asked her while looking at a message he had gotten from his wife. Well, at least Rin is taking the news calmly.

Errowyn nodded, as Elisto turned to speak to someone else, she gotten up and moved over to the view port, swaying to the music that was playing in the club. She liked it and it moved her to semi-dance to it. Swaying abit to the music as she looked out the view into space.

Eyes go abit distance as she stares out into deep space...

... stars spinning as the huge astriods spin and move amongst the solarwinds, and then sweep by to be lost somewhere behind her. Watching as two collide in silence as sparks and smaller fragments burst out from between them and then come apart, showing a black gap with stars growing in between the two monster astroids. Swinging the towards the growing gap and then eases on through. Seeing the fresh darker layer freshly exposed where the two had hit....

She purrsss softly as she still sways to the tune that playing in the club. It felt awkward to be in civilian attire during business hours. But at least none was yelling at her at the moment.

Ecstatic Pony
Atsui was content that the squadron was getting into the spirit of Liberty. The two glasses of brandy were having the desired affect. She stood up and picked up her bottle of brandy. "Well, I am going to take my leave. Have fun, keep the trouble to a minimum. We are in home port so the order requiring that you stay in groups is lifted. But from the perspective of having fun, I would suggest that you at least hang in loose groups. Ramirez-San perhaps we can do something tomorrow I will send you a message. I'm out of here."

With that Atsui walked across the bar and out the door. Her walk was that of a woman on a mission.

Seeing the Chui leave with her bottle, Errowyn drifted over to where her sweats and patch was neatly set on a chair, grabbing it and followed suit. But minus the bottle.

She difted through the big starbase, exploring as she made her way to her assigned quarters. When upon reaching them, she changed into her sweats. She was going to relax, hopefully get in some good rest.

“Don't worry, I'm not in the mood to take my life into my own hands tonight.” Silic replied to Yaeko, “No, preferably I'd like a meal that included some form of food, enough alcohol to float a boat, and I have a shopping list. Not necessarily in that order.”

Silic watched as Atsui left, an eyebrow idly raised over his shades "I hate to see her go, but I definitely like to watch her leave."

Libra Star Fortress

Atsui paused outside the bar entrance to get her bearings. She then headed for the nearest Zodiac Light Rail Station. She contacted the Station MEGAMI Arisu, to find out where and when the next shuttle was heading to the surface. She stopped at one of the temporary lockers to pickup her overnight bag she packed. Placing the bottle of rum into the bag she slung it over her shoulder and set off for the station.

When she arrived at the station a carriage was just arriving. She waited for it to stop and for those disembarking to do so. She walked into the carriage and found a place to sit along the side. It feels good to just relax, and forget about duty, the war, even if only for a brief time. she thought as she waited for the carriage to get underway.

Yaeko gave a slightly disappointed look. "Tin Man, what happened to you, you used to be fun. Well, enjoy shopping. So, who's all coming to hit up the clubs?" Yaeko scanned around the room. "Kohosei, I'm assuming you're still coming even with the absence of your fellow Nepleslian?"

Elisto glanced away from the group for a moment and out at the stars. "Ya know, I have to won-" he began to say before he realized that Samantha wasn't there anymore, he took a quick glance about the bar and blinked several times in puzzlement. "Ya know, she does a better job of pulling a disappearing act than I do.. perhaps I can learn a thing or two," he grumbled dejectedly to himself before getting up from the table and walking over to the bar and making am otion to the bartender for another beer.

Looking at yet another, secondary message from his family, he had to shake his head at this one. Seem's my little one is really looking forward to seeing her father, he smiled appriciatively at that but when he read the next line of the message, he couldn't help but raise an eye-brow. She... wants to come here? he shook his head at this and closed off the message to reply to later.

Well, actually if this squad is anything, having a little girl run around might actually brighten up their moods. Though I'll have to talk to the Taii about that when the time comes, he popped open the beer and took a large gulp of it's contents.

While he waited to see what else was going on, he accessed the MEGAMI and then opened a file related to the Tetsusai fighter he would be piloting. Glancing over it's specifications that he already had devoted to memory even 'before' he had left the previous starbase to the YSS Heitan.

It sacrifices some weapons, but that is not a problem. After I get a general feel for the fighter, I might be able to make some modifications. I'll ask the Taii if it's possible for me to have a dry-run a little later. he then took another swig of the bottle and placed it down onto the bar.

"Fun?" he asked after hearing what Yaeko had said and tilted his head in her direction. "What kind of fun?"

“Your definition of fun makes me want to pee my pants.” Silic replied lightly, however the truth behind that was sometimes all too serious. He turned to Elisto coldly “None of you Chiharu-damned business, black-panel.” voice calm, but fiery animosity not so well hidden.

Silic looked down at Elistos uniform for a second “That's a nice medal you have there.” he said, eyes narrowed, pointing towards the unit citation all members of the squadron had been given. “What's it for?”

Elisto calmly listened to Silic, his expression neutral. It wasn't his SAINT training that allowed him to keep his displeasure over this soldier’s attitude from getting to him, it was his years as an officer and having had to deal with the scum of the universe.

He heard Silic's comment about the medal and removed it from his uniform. "You're right, it is a nice medal now isn't it," he said simply and showed it to him before answering the soldier’s next question. "It's for the squadron's excellent performance, though naturally, I wasn't involved in the ground operations there nor the rescue, so honestly I don't know why I was given this medal," he said in his still calm and composed tone and set the medal down on the table and picked up the beer and looked its contents over.

"Then again, we 'do' have the ground to air missile emplacements along with the flak batteries that Yumeoibito-hei and myself took out in order to allow two full shuttles to land and deposit troops and supplies. However, I guess insuring the lives of our fellow Yamatai soldiers doesn't count eh?" he said with a mild shrug of the shoulders and held up the medal to look it over a bit.

Errowyn felt extremely restless and didn't know what to do. She out of place and awkward as she had no mony to spend. She didn't want to stay in her quarters and yet to wander amongst the shops. She packed away her simple civilian dress and sandels, but handily grabbed if needed.

She grabbed her data padd and left the quarters and took off at an easy maintained jog through the corridors. Hai tied back in a loose ponytail, hanging down her back Making her way to 21rst Squadron flight bays.

After a few wrong turns, arrived and entered after being checked and confirmed that she was one of the pilots.

She paused at the nearest terminal and inputed her ID code, waiting till it processed and the screen came alive. She brought up the crew and squad roster to see where she fit in the scheme of things and which was her Kawarime.

V8X2 32-0049 V8 "Kawarime" Fighter - 1A Yumeoibito, Errowyn Santô Hei

She wrinkled her nose and sighed as she had to be more aware of her surroundings and what the computers were telling her. She could was more used to having a EWO. She memorized her ship number and shut the console off.

She moved down the line of fighters with the assigned crews for each fighter in it's assigned slot, being serviced. She approached her Kawarine and began a slow walk around looking it over.

It showed hard useage and looked like it was a bear to fly. She shivered as she looked at from the front. Machine and Neko sizing each other up. Feeling the slight tingle run down her back as if someone dropped a drop ice water on her back.

"I'm your pilot and you do what I want..." Eyes wide, involuntary squaring her shoulders, Errowyn whispers softly. "we'll chase the dream together."

“Yeah, awarded for the squadron's performance.” said Silic, standing up slowly from his chair leaving the rest of his sentence hang. He stared at the other man from behind his shades for a moment. “If you don't know why you were given it, then why did you even bother coming here?” he said dismissively “It's apparent you don't consider yourself one of us.”

Point made he made to leave, speaking to the rest of the group. “Forgive me, it appears Yeako is right. If any of you are still concious enough tomorrow morning and wants a free coffee, I'm open for business.” he offered.

He looked back at the SAINT operative and said flatly “Enjoy your night.” and turned to leave. He'd roughly memorised the timetable for shuttles going up and down and would have to catch the tram to get through the monstrous fortress in reasonable time.

Elisto watched with disappointment as Silic walked away, and shook his head. He literally facepalmed himself for not handling that situation better, and looked down at the medal before putting it away in his pocket.

"That... was a reception I was not expecting much," he said calmly before adding. "Then again, perhaps I could've explained myself better."

"Silic, next time, save the anger for the squiddies please. I know it's hard to tell the difference, but still. Well, nighty night. See you tomorrow!" Yaeko glanced over Elisto before saying, "He has a valid point, you know." With that Yaeko stood up and downed the rest of her drink. "Kohosei, as things seem to be getting a little heated in hear, I will wait outside." She then turned and made her way out of the bar, finding a bench outside to sit upon while she waited for any of the other people who were planning on having some fun that night.

He thought about what to say, to salvage what little he could from the mess he felt had created. He knew that his presence as a SAINT would rile up 'someones' feathers, he just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. Then again Elisto, you didn't think first before opening that mouth of yours... you inserted your own foot quite well.

He watched as Yaeko left, then turend toward the Kohosei and said. "My apologies Kohosei," he said this while giving a curteous bow toward the officer. "It would appear I've created a pretty serious misunderstanding. It was not my intention, to say that I was never part of the squad. I would do anything to insure the safety and security of my fellow pilots, even if it means giving my own life, I will try and do better in the future and to not create such misunderstandings again," he gave another bow, then lifted his head and removed the medal from his pocket. I didn't think of it before, but I was part of the operations down there, even though I didn't assist in directly rescuing the hostages, the clearing of the airspace above the SSS Camp was important just as well, he gave a light shake of the head, then put the medal away.

He waited to see what else might happen, he had half the right to just leave his fellow pilots alone since he did feel responsible for the tense atmosphere. However, another part of him wanted to stay and see what would happen and to see if his fellow pilots actually wanted him to stay around. Guess I'll find out, but Elisto, you really did make yourself look like a fool...

Ira stood and watched the spectacle curiously. The spook had caused Silic offense. it probably had something to do with the fact that the spook was not apart of the "real" mission. When Elisto bowed to him Ira returned the gesture with a scowl. "I am not on duty." Ira said crossing his arms.

Ira then advanced on Elisto, a smile on his face. He made no effort to touch him. "Look. I know you have a job to do, I know you are member of Saint, and I know you are a part of this squadron. As apart of this squadron I will give my life to save yours, provided you are willing to do the same for any of us." Ira then backed up "But you should know that your presence makes some of my people nervous. Nervous people do not last long in combat."

"What ever." Ira said with a shrug "Other then that I do not care if we win or loose the damned war becauseI am going to the Epicenter. You can come if you want spook. Or you can sit here and be an unsocial spook and let the squadron hate you even more." He said to Elisto.

Ira would then turn and head out of the bar. Ira would pause, and find Yaeko sitting on a bench. He smiled and looked at her. "Wanna go dancing?"

Elisto gave a nod of the head. "I understand," he said with a calm look on his face and then glanced off to the side and out the window and toward the distant stars. Even though we aren't on duty, I'm still required to show a certain level of respect toward my fellow soldiers. Regardless, seems my presence will make some people jittery, I'll have to work on changing that, he thought with a slight nod of the head.

He watched the Kohosei leave. My encounter with Vas-hei was interesting, there has got to be a way to cool his outer shell.... I'll find a way, but I won't do it using SAINT tricks, that'll only earn even more scorn from him and even from the squad. He thought this as he walked out of the establishment.

Overhearing the Kohosei said, he gave it some thought, realizing that he had translation work that he had to do, not to mention, inspect his new fighter and made adjustments to it to fit his style. However, all of that can wait, he thought and glanced at his two fellow pilots. "I'll come along, been some time since I've last danced," he said simply.

Ecstatic Pony

Kayo was still sitting in her chair, she was perplexed by the confrontation between Silic and Elisto. When the others started going their separate way she stood and called out to Ira.

"Ramirez-San, is it okay if I come along with you to the Epicenter. I have heard about it from my sisters and it sounds like fun." she asked.

Lynn sat on a bench, away from where the others were walking. She took out a rectangular device that she carefully set on her lap, then placed small ear buds into her ears. With a mental command, she activated the device.

An orange piano keyboard bloomed into existence; it stretched out in the air with all 88 keys, and by Lynn’s feet appeared three floating green pedals. Before long, an entire techno-orange (and transparent) grand piano was before her. If it was strange that someone should be playing piano in public, Lynn didn’t mind – her fingers touched a key here, there – three on this end for a chord, a stumbled climb up the scale and then…! Music. Her music, that only she could hear. It was how she relaxed.

Yaeko grinned a little as she thought of a witty comment. "Of course I will go Ramirez, so long as I'm hot enough." Immediately afterwards she realized that this could be taken the wrong way, and that Ira might not have even been aware of his unconscious mutterings, but it was funny to her, and awkward to those around her, which was the general point. She then turned to the other two that had asked to join. "Of course you can come along, I have no problem with it, and I'm sure he doesn't either, so long as this wasn't intended to be a romantic event," she joked for the second time. Either it's the alcohol or I'm on a roll today.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…