• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.2] - Adjustments

Kayo blushed at Yaeko's last comment... "Ahh... no... I didn't... definitely not looking for a romantic event.... I.. I've had enough events recently what with dying and all....." she said as she tried to regain her composure.

Elisto watched the exchange with a mental sense of guilt, but not something he would allow himself to be overwealmed with. He then began typing up a text message:

Code:
Yumeoibito-hei? Can we talk later please? Something important.

And sent the message along, before looking at Kayo. Kayo's exchange, and nervous demenor, reminded him of his wife when they first meet. Nearly the spitting image of her nervousness... at the time of course, he thought with a mental nod of the head and continued to watch over her.

21rst hanger bay

Errowyn carefully cut out the stencils to add her authorized data on the assigned Kawarime to help in identifying the pilot at a glance when the action turn into chaos and knowing who had your wing was paramount in communications when everyone used the same freq.

She smiled at the finished stencil, cleaning up her mess and then grabbing the approved paints on her way to the V8 "Kawarime 1A" tactical fighter.

One of the techs hand pulled the scaffold up next to her fighter in anticapating her needs. He held it for as she climb up and began taping the stencil to hull.

Errowyn was humming softly some catchy tune she had heard as she worked. She stepped back as far as the scaffolding would allow and looked at her work to see if it was straight as she had lined it up with one of the seams in the hull plating.

Dreamchaser

And just below that

Yomeoibiti Santo-Hei

She smiled as she carefully sprayed onto the stencil area, being careful not to let it accummulate to drip or run, using easy sweeping motions across the stencil till finished.

Just as she stepped down from the scaffolding onto the deck, her everpresent padd chirpped, signalling and incoming message.

She moved over to it and opened up the message screen and read what was on it. She looked puzzled as she thought of who could've sent the message. Only two came to mind, The Chui.. Errowyn hastly corrected herself as Numa had announced her promotion to Tsai and Elisto.

Hai, I'm free for about an hour, before I must report in for a medical check-up. 21rst fighter bay YESH

She hit auto-reply which would send the message back to where it had orginated.

Yaeko giggled to herself, which increases to bursting out laughing. "Trust me, I didn't mean with you. Women are not my interest, I was just joking that it's okay for you to come as long as the Loverboy hadn't intended on inviting me to a romantic event, which I assume it is safe to say he hasn't since he seems to be too interested in Hoshi."

Ricky felt . . . out of place.

He was a new guy, who had barely recieved a much warmer welcome than the SAINT guy (what the hell was SAINT?). The only difference between his own reception and that of the other man, was that after a while nobody had really talked to Ricky. He couldn't help but feel almost like he didn't quite fit in at the moment. Everybody else had been in combat together, had risked their lives for one another, and had reached a level of comraderie that Ricky couldn't hope to establish so early in to his meeting the other members of the squadron. So he had just stayed quiet while sitting at the table: quietly sipping away at his drink while the others talked amongst themselves.

Eventually though, he found himself with an opportunity.

Many members of their group began to go off to various destinations in small groups. Eventually Ricky found himself to be one of only a small handful of Fighting Diamonds left in the room. Not wanting to be left sitting by himself, Ricky decided to leave himself. He entered the Concourse and his eyes were instantly drawn to a young girl who he recognized. He knew she was in his squadron, and he had heard her name dropped earlier. Wasn't it . . . Lynn? Yeah, that sounded right. She was off by herself, listening to music that she was apparently playing on a holographic piano. It piqued his interest, seeing as he had never heard of anything like that when he was growing up. He headed over to great her.

He watched her from a polite distance: waiting as he watched her fingers dance across the holographic keys of the piano. He waited silently for her: hands stuffed in his pockets. When it finally looked like she had finished with playing her song, he cleared his throat to get her attention, and extended a hand to shake.

"Hey." Ricky smiled, "It's Lynn, right? The name is Ricky Thurston. I'm new to your unit. I was trying to find somebody to get to know and you seemed to be the most approachable face . . ." Ricky made a show of looking over his shoulder, ". . . who hasn't already left in fear of spending too long around the new guy."

Ira looked at Yaeko like he had no clue what she was even talking about. He merely replied to her. "You'll do." He said with a wink and a smile that would have looked fantastic on a used starship salesman. Ira then watched the exchange between Kayo and Yaeko in utter silence.

"Rest Assured ladies, I am not interested in having sex with members of my squadron. Well, that is a lie, I am completely interested in doing just that. But I do not want to cause any tension so I am trying to keep things a bit more friendly. Drinks and dancing...then maybe a relocation."

Ira looked at Elisto "Well, you had better clear any plans you have for the night spook, between my libido, and Yaeko's lack of sanity you are in for one long night."

Ira then held his arm out for Yaeko to take "Shall we?"

Ecstatic Pony

Kayo stood there dumbfounded for a minute, trying to figure out how her comment was taken out of context by Yaeko. She thought of a number of retorts, but figured it was best to say nothing.

Then when she heard Ira's comment, she stood agape. I do not believe he just said that he was completely interested in having sex with the squadron....

Kayo while Ira was waiting for Yaeko to take his arm, which Kayo considered to be some sort of proposition, she chose to walk out the door and wait in the concourse where the air was cooler and clearer.

Yaeko stood up as straight as she could, while trying to put on a very pompous look. "Why thank you, what a gentleman." She didn't get even a few steps with Ira before laughing to herself. "Well, we managed to scare off one so far after about an hour of interaction... I thought it would take quicker than that." After a few more moments Yaeko got a very curious look on her face before looking back at Ira. "How serious were you when making those comments?"

21st Hanger bay

Errowyn put away the stencils and paints back where they belong and grabbed the techmanuel as she returned to her fighter. Doing another walk around and opening up panels to check according to the manuel on Pre-flighting a Kawarime.

She knew what to look for as it progressed rather quickly. She smirked at some steps in the manuel as they was totaly irrevelant. But she did them anyways as this was a new bird assigned to her and the fastest way to get to know your equipment was to do a "by the book" inspection and not missing a step, no matter how stupid and time consuming it was.

She plugged away at it as time slowly slipped by. A soft chime sounded as she was about to climb inside the Kawarime for the second half of the Pre-flight checks.

She looked at the time and frowned as it was time for her to head on over to Medical. She sighed as she marked the place in the manuel and secured it inside her bird and left the Hanger bay.

Taking the quicker route back through the station and reaching medical with a few minutes to spare.

"I tossed my plans out the airlock the moment I heard the word 'dancing', so no worries," Elisto said with an animated smile and a shrug of his shoulders before stuffing his hands into his pocket.

When he got the response from Yumeoibito, he sent a reply.

Code:
In that case, we'll talk tomorrow during breakfast. Sadly, can't do it right now, I'll explain why tomorrow.

Medical

Errowyn heard her pad chirp again announcing another incoming message. She quickly brought it up and looked it over. She shrugged as once gain the message was unsigned. Shutting off her padd and entering the facilities. Annoucing herself to the receptionist.

Soon she was being taken to an examination room and told to wait for the Doc to show up.

A note in his digital brain clicked, a series of reminders he had put in place just in case he forgot anything. The note basically told him that he should've signed his previous two messages.

With a mental facepalm he wrote up another tech message t0 Yumeoibito.

Code:
The message about meeting you and the one about talking during breakfast came from me, Elisto Tereane Itto-hei. Sorry about not signing them, with what happened here in the Orgasmic Pony just a few minutes ago, my mind wasn't entirely in the right place.

/start/

Konpeki had walked into the door of the bar and looked for her prey. Part of her assignment on the Heitan was to conduct security reviews of the crew. Her instincts picked up that Silic was avoiding her, more than was typical for a SAINT operative. Was this a sign of something sinister or just an irrational fear? She needed to find out, and so here she was. She was unprepared for the spectacle that played out before her. She watched as Silic was giving the new SAINT soldier a piece of his mind. She was uncertain if it was chemically induced courage or the Nepleslian, feeling more in his element, was showing a bit of back bone.

Adapting to changing situations was part of SAINT's job. Her appearance was carefully designed using one of her seldom used Operative bodies she kept available. Her hair was now a sandy brown and left to fall free. 'Tessa' as she called this body was built on a NH-29H design but with full human attributes. She wore a pair of tight blue jeans, a white short-sleeve blouse, and a well-worn leather jacket like those worn by hovercyclists. She was sporting just enough makeup to accentuate, but not look trashy. To finish her look she was wearing 3 inch heels, a holstered Zen Armaments .45 Caliber Pistol on her hip, and was wearing sunglasses. She made sure to be out of Silic's path when he stormed out of the bar.

She sent a series of commands to the Libra MEGAMI
Code:
Initiate Tracking, subject: Vas, Silic-Jôtô Hei.
Record all computer transactions, and initiate a public communications tap on demand.
Authorization: Eiki Konpeki-Ittô Heisho, access code. ##############.

A quick check of the bar showed there was no surveillance that she could tap into to get a complete record of the event except what she had witnessed herself. Well if I feel I need more data on that event I know where I can get it./ She thought giving a last look at Elisto.

Her command for recording transactions was at purely at the lowest level. At present she did not feel it was necessary to delve too deep. This would show he what requests he sent and responses, if he accessed secure data it would not be supplied unless she specifically asked for it.

MEGAMI began sending her feed from outside as the subject exited the bar. Silic appeared to have calmed down a bit, although he may simply have been disembling, he was fiddling with a small datapad. The computer told her he was checking up on the shuttle timetable down to the planet surface.

Konpeki started walking casually in the direction that Silic has moved off to. Could my initial assessment of Vas-Hei been in error. His perfomance reports seemed to indicate that he was at best ill-suited for flight duty. But he had not formally requested a transfer and dealt with what came his way with Nepleslian stoicism.

While watching discretely and feigning interest in some of the kiosks, Konpeki was trying to determine what would be the best course of action. She quickly determined that the best approach was to let him initiate contact.

Silic walked casually through the massive concourse that was Foxtrot arm. There were plenty of crowds around, so Konpeki had no trouble following him inconspicuously. It helped that the man appeared to be a thinking about something intently.

Silic arrived at the tram station and hopped on one of the carriages headed towards the shuttle bays, she was able to quietly slip into another. Arriving at the destination she had a moment of near panic as MEGAMI lost him exiting the train, however he quickly reappeared. He'd helped another Nepleslian offload a wheeled package from the train before continuing his business, delaying his debus.He booked a shuttle down to the suface at Ryou from a counter, Konpkei silently had MEGAMI arrange her a ticket as well.

The shuttle ride was rather uneventful, as they disembarked onto the tarmac however she realised a problem. Daichi was only a young colony, and there were large security loops compared to the controlled environment of a SAoY star fortress. Already MEGAMI was having minor trouble keeping track of the target using the spaceport security without siccing half the city's security forces on him. However, Konpeki was not concerned about this. She'd been on plenty of assignments where they did not have the benefit of extra surveillance. She knew what Silic looked like how he was dressed so it wouldn't be hard to track him. Especially given that he was wearing clothing that was different from the residents.

Silic checked through customs easily and had a quick immunization shot for any local viruses. A precaution in case of deficencies from the relatively sterile environment of a starship, especially for natural creatures such as Nepleslians.

She was able to easily monitor him here, when he stepped outside however would be harder. She tailed him as he left the terminal, it was dark out but not too late locally so she easily fit in.

She watched as he walked into one of the many rental agencies that gather around spaceports. It took a few seconds for MEGAMI to get a feed inside as the agencies own computer system demanded a warrant, causing MEGAMI to do the digital equivalent of extortion and intimidating the local system so it would not even tell its own adminstrators about her access. Quickly Silic returned outside swinging a set of keys for one of the parked vehicles around his finger.

She acted casual as he walked towards her. Looking back and forth between the bus stop and the rental, she put an expression on her face that should convey her indecision at the moment.

He stopped as he finally turned his attention towards her, the keys snapping into his hand with a small clink. He looked her up from head to toe, eye movement obvious even under his glasses. At least he appeared to be looking at her face when he asked.

"Need a ride, toots?"

/pause/

Libra Medical Facilities

Errowyn quietly suffered through the physical as the Examiner poked and proded her, making her do all sorts of weird exersices and stretches as he watched and took notes. Then gave her a series of boosters and few new ones to make sure she was fully covered till the next round of examinations. Even though her immune system was fully operational and could handle it. It was just a matter of prevention of being an unwitting carrier of some virus.

She past all her reflexive tests, hearing, sight, full x-rays to make sure there was nothing wrong and everything was working properly as designed.

The examiner was abit shock at finding out how young Errowyn was. Not even 200 days old and already had already having seen action as a solo pilot abiet with wingman or part of a group of fighters.

Then came the mental responce time test with all the oddities of the psych evaluations and tests. Rothcheque responces were a little off norm for such things. "Ink Splots" Till carefully explained that the ink splots where pictures in silluette and to be determined by the veiwer.

Errowyn refused to be persuaded to change her answers from Ink splot to what she really saw. It would raise more questions on how she came up with such answers when she really didn't know where they came from.

Errowyn was finally released, due to there was other patients to see and evaluate, and passed on to the next station to get dressed again and was given clearance to return to flight status.

She turned on her PaDD and noticed there was another message waiting for her. She accessed it, reading it and smiled. She sent another message back.

Code:
Elisto Itto-Hei  I'll be at the main crew mess at 0800 hrs. I'll wait near the main enterance for you.  YESH

Libra Foxtrot Arm

Errowyn sent it back directly to Elisto, as she headed off to main public arm of the station to wander around with the others who were broke andwith nothing to do as she didn't want to return back to her quarters.

She was feeling restless and silently berating herself for the unnecessary expendure on the civilian clothes she wore less than an hour and probaly whont event touch, except to move them from her duffel to a shelf and back into a duffelbag at a later date. She wondered if she could return them to have at least some spending money. But then she did see a sign that said "purchases are final and no refunds."

Maybe she could sell the clothes to another who had money at a loss scince she wore them only once. But that meant returning to her quarters to get them and come back to try to find a buyer.

She paused at seeing a sign to farther her education, inquire within. Scince she had time, she stepped inside and moved up to the receptionist, getting her attention. "Excuse me, I'm interested in farthering my education."

Receptionist smiled as she handed over a packet of forms, "Please fill these out and have a seat. One of the councilers will be out to see you, once the forms are done."

Taking a seat and looking over the forms. She blinked as she looked through them, seeing that they was greatly detailed in the background information required. Some were down right puzzling to her as they asked for her school history from elementry through high school.

Didn't they know that some of us are NH-29's? Errowyn sat there as she looked through the various forms, filling in the slots that she could fill in and leaving a lot of them blank. Would I have to go to this elementry school before I can apply for courses here? Looking thoughtful up at the busy receptionist talking on the phone as she typed away at her workstation.

Seeing a the receptionist take a break in her phone conversation, stood up and approached the desk. "Is it required for a NH-29 to got to elementry school?"

Receptionist looked at her blankly mixed with, "You gotta be kidding" look. "Huh..yeah...Miss. It is obvious that scince you being in the military at least have a high school diploma."

Errowyn sighed softly, looking downcast at the desk, "Is there an Elementary School I could enroll in?"

Receptionist blinked, dumbfounded, at her, "Ho-how did you get accepted by the military without a high school diploma?" sounding abit surpised and curious to boot.

"I'm a NH-29. 199 days scince leaving the incubation chamders." Errowyn replied softly.

The receptionist facepalmed as she thought of all the courses of actions she could take. Finally settling on one. "Wait here," Slipping of her headphones and mic off as she set them down as she stood up. She left her desk and disappeared down the corridor into the back.

TBC...

Ira shifted a sly smirk to Yaeko still not shifting his stance. "I suppose you will just have to find out." He said shifting a wink to her.

Ira would turn to Elisto and shook his head as the man set about sending a message off. "All work and no play spook...all work and no play."

Elisto scrutinized the message from his wife, and figured that he would respond to it later. "You've sadly got a point there," he looked up from his pad and then sent it into standby mode. "But then again, I never had much of a chance in my previous career to have fun, or to stop and enjoy the scenary," he looked off to his side as he said this, then he stuffed his ICP into his coat.

"Perhaps it's time I changed that, put work aside and just have a little bit of fun for once, and leave work for when I'm on duty," he said with a shrug of his shoulders and then collasped his hands behind his back.

Yaeko shook her head. "And that's why they call you Loverboy. And I better not find out, this body is untouched and I plan on keeping it that way for now." As they continued to walk she glanced behind her at Elisto. "So are you coming or not?"

"Of course!" Elisto said quickly to Yaeko's question as he ran to catch up with the group, having stopped briefly to observe the scenary for a moment.

With Yaeko on his arm, and Elisto and Kayo tagging along, Ira strolling through the station. It was the first time since he had enter the war that he seemed utterly relaxed. Nothing he had said was serious, Ira had simply determined that he needed to have a good time tonight.

"Between the war, and nearly dying every day, and back ups...I'd just as soon not think about it. Tomorrow might not come, so lets all try to have a good time.

As the group walked the muffled sound of thumping bass could be heard in the distance.....

With a small sigh, Lynn took the earbuds out and eyed the newcomer. Another newbie, no less.

"Ohayo Ricky-kun." She stressed the diminutive 'Kun'. "It's nice to meet you too," I suppose. She thought. "What brings you to the 21st Squadron?"

She de-activated the volumetric keyboard, and the orange piano ceased to exist. Lynn picked the projecting piece up and slipped it back into a pocket, eyes not leaving the newbie.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…