• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 3, Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoroko smiled in response, "Hai Taisa." Yoroko allowed a little bit of dissapointment to seep into her voice before bowing and speaking again. "Well, if you'll excuse me I think I'm going to go try my hand at cooking." Yoroko said before heading out.

Kotori nodded before Yoroko left, and then she herself retreated back into her room, sitting heavily on her couch. The door to her quarters was still ajar.

Tom started to walk down the stairs to the upper deck of the Miharu. His path would take him through the wardroom before he could reach the public baths, but before he could make it there, he found a familiar sprite walking up the stairs towards him.

"Hello, Rin!" Tom said cheerfully. "Did you sleep well?"

The crowd had finally thinned out although Nyton noticed that Kotori had not addressed him in any way plus the door was.... open. The way she took her seat was audible even. He had not been given leave to enter but he was not told to leave either.

"Excuse me, Kotori." Nyton began as he slowly entered through the open door. He went no further than the just within the doorway, his body blocking the entrance and view inside. "I do not mean to intrude but is everything alright?" he asked quietly. Duty was there but at the moment it would seem something besides that was amiss.

"Hm?" Rin forced her eyes open to turn and look at whoever it was that addressed her. "Ah, Freem-... e- etto..." she cut herself off, seeing his state of almost nudity. She just stared, completely shocked by the lack of clothes. Then, she blushed darkly, casting her gaze to the side.

"A- ano! Uh... I slept... uh... okay?... Freeman-Juni!" This was certainly a wake up call. She had to be hallucinating, right? There was no way Tom was there, half-naked, with nothing but a floral towel on. But then, did that mean that Rin had a dirty mind that would fantasize about such perverted things... about a perverted person? Her cheek's rosey color only darkened. Neither explanation was an exactly thrilling prospect.

"Come on in," Kotori beckoned Nyton, not bothering with an explanation yet. Thankfully, the time in-between her awakening and the coming of visitors had been long enough for her to come partly to terms with her nightmare, enough so not to feel vulnerable anymore over it.

The brooding, however, did not leave her in the best of moods. However, she figured that if she was going to spend the day showing a temper, she might as well give Nyton an idea of why.

The actor's eye in Tom zeroed in on Rin's obvious flailing. She was ridiculously shy, it seemed.

"You know," Tom said as he started to laugh. "You are absolutely adorable when you stutter like that."

He muffled his laughter with a hand.

"I mean, Rin, it's not like I have three arms or anything! Did you not see me naked beforehand?"

Cowering slightly in her embarrassment, Rin shook her head quickly, her lavender hair slightly flitting about. She hadn't exactly ogled Tom before.

"B- baka..." she muttered to herself quietly.

"By your leave." Nyton replied with a slight bow before closing the door behind him. He approached the sofa where Kotori was sitting, maintaining confidence in his step even while uncertain as to her current discomfort. Once he had reached the sofa he then sat down, discarding some of the servant and master routine. He was trying to reach out as friend.

"I sense that something troubles you, Kotori. Would you care to tell me?" Nyton said warmly.

As Rin cowered before him, the Yamataian engineer smirked and brought his free hand to the Neko's head, gently rubbing her lavender hair.

"It's good to see you like this," he said softly, his gray eyes sparkling a little. "Don't change."

Kotori's reply to Nyton was blunt. "I had a nightmare. I was having a dispute over what to do of the NH-23 with my mother. It came to blows and I won. She died."

Rin squeaked and jumped at the sudden hand on her head. She hadn't exactly been watching Tom, so wasn't expecting it. Her hands came together and started to fidget nervously. The feeling of a hand on her head certainly was going against her hallucination theory, which was a bit of a relief. At least subconsciously she wasn't a pervert, imagining officers like that. But the fact that there really was an officer, half-naked, with a hand on her head wasn't exactly comforting.

"H- hai?" she responded to Tom, quite unsure as to what he meant. He liked to see her embarrassed?

Tom removed his hand from Rin's head and brought it down to his side with a sigh.

"If I may be serious for a moment," he said with an even face. "As chief engineer, it is my responsibility to care for you and the other technicians. We have some free time today, according to the Taisa, so I figured I could keep my promise from earlier to you, if you needed me to."

As Masako rubbed the sleep from her eyes, she noted that the wardroom wasn't as empty as she thought it was. Though her attention would focus solely on the half-naked Chief Engineer and bewildered sprite. While Masako's cheeks did heat to a pinkish hue, she felt more amusement than embarrassment as Tom seemed tease the poor sprite.

A small chuckle was stifled as Masako stood up from her chair and closed the windows around her. "I know the Miharu's environment is probably warmer than Ralt, but some of us prefer that you remain modest," Masako spoke up suddenly with a slight teasing tone. "Suzuka-Shosa probably wants to keep you to herself," the young Warrant Officer commented with a cute smile.

It took a moment, but it clicked in Rin's head what Tom was talking about. She tried desperately to calm down, as she looked up to his face. She also tried to ignore the lack of clothes.

"Etto, you don't have to.... I'm... okay..." she replied, sounding a bit sad. It was her responsibility to be a good little worker and not take up time from others. She didn't want to be so weak as to not be able to handle a 'little' blood.

"Are you sure, Freeman-Juni, that we have free time? There's so much work to be done...."

Rin then heard Masako speak. "Ah, uh.... oh yeah, etto. Ohaiyo gozaimasu, Kurohoshi-Juni and Freeman-Juni...." she said a bit late. She followed with a bow. "Gomenasai, Freeman-Juni, for not saying that earlier."

Nyton calmly nodded at Kotori's terse reply. Certainly the subject of the dream was very touchy along with the intensity. Patricide can be quite traumatic although he did recall some of the psychological books he read that covered the matter. Although it was something mostly involving younger children. The ones involving adults tended to be somewhat straightforward. Sometimes.

"Nightmares can be very disturbing, Kotori, so it is alright to feel upset over it. No matter how real it may seem or how related to events it should feel it does not mean you would do such a thing to your mother. And don't feel that you have to deal with it alone either." Nyton said warmly.

Hearing the sounds of life in the room behind her, Miyoko rolled up from her half-relaxed position near the window to rise to her feet lazily. The Heisho stretched and crossed over to the congregation around Tom. "An odd day when I'm one of the first up," she teased a little as she approached the group, "the rest of you should probably feel ashamed, sleeping so much. One would think you fought a battle yesterday or something."

"Well, it was a fancy of the mind. Beating a NH-27 ranked samurai with a pair of survival knives and managing to lop her head in half is sort of unrealistic." Kotori said wryly before her head dropped to the side to land lightly on Nyton's right shoulder. "NH-27s are best dealt with with guns. On heavy setting. Preferably while wearing power armor."

She paused and added: "I guess I was sort of dreading talking to my mother and convincing her to let go. Since I've looked over the ship's security logs on her rather drastic reaction to my original, I've felt like the direness of this matter was only postponed... a bit like a timebomb. If I can't defuse it, Nyton... I would seem I would end up having to take her down."

"It's a scary thought," she admitted. "How am I supposed to build a better Yamatai if I am forced to do so over the corpses of people I care about? My mother, or then again Masako - whom I nearly ordered to her death." Kotori closed her eyes and sighed.

Tom seemed to pay no mind to the heckling Masako who sat some distance away from the two. He was completely focused on his subordinate and had bent down to Rin's height, looking at her with firm, but non-threatening eyes.

But the sudden gathering of others had destroyed the privacy of the moment. If Rin needed to talk about what had happened, it could open up fresh wounds that would be humiliating in public. So, he simply nodded knowingly to her.

"We have the time."

He left it at that before standing straight and turning his attention to Masako and Miyoko.

"I'd like to think that I earned a bit of lazy time," Tom said casually with a smile and shrug. "I don't get to wear a towel often, you know."

Rin blinked and nodded to Tom. She just quietly stood there, in her own thoughts and letting the others talk. That last sentence really made her consider it. She just didn't know what she should do. A brief grimace as her thoughts went a bit too far, remembering the scene.

"Arigatou, Freeman-Juni," the sprite said quietly. The towel and the toothbrush and toothpaste wrapped up inside shifted around in her arms a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…