Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 3, Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then please retrieve the information for me on Ashitaka Sanjuro. His sleep schedule, idiosyncrasies, and any habits he has developed since transferring to the ship should suffice. I think he's due for a psychological evaluation." Miyoko grinned a bit as she sat up. Perhaps today would be interesting after all.

"Ah, sure," the ship's AI answered Miyoko. Shortly afterwards, volumetric windows opened up showing lists of logged information that Miyoko had queried.

"Do expect, Saito-Heisho, that you will need to report on these measures to Suzuka-Shosa. Also remember that you have access to this information on the expectation that you will use it to further professional aims," Miharu cautioned - the computer was obviously skeptical.

With a nod to herself about the easy handiwork, Rin did a brief double check. She was still satisfied with the results, though it wasn't as if it was anything special.

The sprite briefly pondered how'd she'd report the results of the quick job to Tom. She didn't want to disturb him again, but she did need to say something, as well as to get something else to work on. A telepathic message was what she was most familiar with, but then if he was busy with something, it just wouldn't due. Instead, Rin settled on the alternative, a text message!

"Ano, Freeman-Juni, I've finished the deactivation of the Portside gravimetric arrays and the CFS. What should I do next?"
None of her older sisters were around for her ask the question of 'what next' and Rin didn't have quite enough self confidence to just go and pick something to work on.

Rin stood off to the side, staring up at the marvel that was the machinery of what was her home, as she waited for a reply.

Sanjuro simply nodded as the two nekos gave their appreciation. "Well, Kazuko-Hei, Mizuki-Hei, as I said before, it is not my place to assign myself my own assistants. Unfortunately," Sanjuro added at the end with a slight hint of distaste. "I will contact the Taisa as soon as possible and inform her of your intents at her earliest convenience. Until then...well, I suppose you are to return as you were."

The doctor nodded once more before looking back down at the devastated datapad, returning to his original agenda of prodding it blindly until something happened.

Yoroko started dismantelling the chest piece, no doubt replace the hemosynth insert would require it to be gone anyway. "My armor's seen better days but for the most part I'd imagine it's repairable. It faired better than yours it seems." Yoroko's armor for the most part didn't get that banged up. It was far from pristine condition, but the repairs necessary to bring it back to optimal operation, aside from the headpiece, were something easily manageable. "What do you think we'll do now that we've got that data?" Yoroko asked. She hadn't heard one way or the other regarding the information they had received and for all she knew it might mean they were going back. That she definitely didn't want to do.

"Ano, Freeman-Juni, I've finished the deactivation of the Portside gravimetric arrays and the CFS. What should I do next?"

Tom looked down at the datapad that had beeped at his side, notifying him of Rin's message.

"That was rather fast," he said with a smirk as he wrote his reply.

Code:
"Good job. I will be sending you a copy of the damage report given to me. Please confirm what has been written here and, with assistance of any other ship sprites available, take inventory of any potential damage the report may have missed. I think it's pretty clear the extent of punishment Miharu went through, but it's very important that we double check the information for anything missed.

I will be joining you shortly."

"I think I might just completely remove the Hemosynth insert and add something like the interior of those simulators instead." Kai muttered, mostly to himself as he continued to pry pieces of scuffed, dented, scratched, and scorched armor plating off of his Daisy suit. "I'm not sure what they will do with the data. Perhaps it will tell us what Eve has been up to, or maybe where she's gone. Hopefully it will enable us to stop this criminal organization soon, and then we can relax; or move onto the next task."

"Hai," Rin said out loud, rather stupidly, to the text message she received in response.

She looked over the damage report, grimacing at the more painful aspects of the damage. It wasn't, needless to say, pretty. With the report skimmed, the sprite went off to go check the accuracy and precision of the reports.

Yoroko listened to Kai. "If you take out the Hemosynth your suit won't be able to accelerate the healing process for any wounds you get though, since the Hemosynthetic material will be gone. I'm pretty sure they don't soak the synthetic fibers in NH-29 Blood after all." Yoroko responded as she gently pealed away some of the burnt hemosynthetic flesh from one of the armor plates. Yoroko let a little chuckle escape her lips as she did so however, "I don't think that we'll ever have time to relax, Kai. After all, isn't there a saying: 'No rest for the weary?'"

The two neko bowed again before going back to idling in the medical center. It was not so much idling as just doing what they could. Ayumu had resumed teaching Azumi what she could for the time being.

So do you think he'll recommend us? He seems like a bit of a hardass, Azumi asked telepathically to Ayumu. The other neko closed her eyes and nodded.

I have worked with his kind before. Not very good with people. Poor bedside manner. Always serious. Usually a genius or at least very good. He may come from a wealthy family. Doctors tend to be easy to classify. I would be more concerned about personnel allowing us to transfer, Ayumu replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was beginning to look better. Even if now there was a pile of rubber ducks sitting in the corner. Nyton had managed to clean things up a lot better now despite being pressed for time. With a sigh of satisfaction he wiped his forehead and smiled.

"Miharu-san, do not be offended by my accusation. You have established yourself with a very endearing personality. I do need to apologize though, especially to Hinoto, for the damage caused during the drop planetside. My skill at commanding star ships seems to fall short despite my training." he said aloud while looking at the usual 'up' that designated he was speaking to the MEGAMI.

"Both were adequate enough to carry us through - Hoshi's armor and your leadership skills. Next time will be better," the ship's AI said in an attempt to placate Nyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back