• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Acadia [Mission 3]: Between Lambs and Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avel filed out of the shuttle with the others. She soon spotted Vel Steyr not too far away with another officer. She quickly walked over to him and saluted. "Private third class Avel Sitkeas reporting sir." She hesitated before continuing. "I think I speak for allot of people when I ask why exactly are we leaving the system? Did something come up that I'm not aware of?"

Alex was just sitting in het armour deep in thoughs. She only nodded to Phaedra when she thanked her and went back to thinking. It was her first battle and she was thought about not doing enough. She as a medic was only able to save a pilot and take a head of one soldier. What a joke was that? She should have done more. Of course she was glad for playing a part of saving wolf, but she still had a feeling she could have done more.

SHe was more focused on shooting squids than to run around and help others. That was not good. Not good at all. After long time a smile on her face was gone. Not for good. But for some time certainly. She looked at a space battle when pilot opened his cockpit and she was just wishing for all those squid wankers to die.

Viper than landed in Dust Devil and squad was greeted by Master Chief himself. That was something. Alex saluted when se got out of shuttle and looked around the bay. It was a mees there, but Alec has found that she coul be of some help there.

She looked at Wolf. "Hey Wolf I am going to help medical staff. It anything happened comm me," she said. She walked away from shuttle and there she climbed out of transport. She then run to the neares white tent. She found first person treating somebody and asked. "Hey I am a medic, where can I help?"

"If we actually are going back to the capital, it's so we can assist retaking it," the Albino observed morbidly while he absently checked the status of the Dust Devil's medical ward.

"Regardless of our next mission, I'm going to need an engineer and a medic to cut me out of my armor... the slight pause felt like hours to Anselm, again; good evening, Master Chief". The one-handed Aggressor took a shameful walk into the armor bay where many other PAs were undergoing repair, refit, and storage for the jump; several armor suits were being locked to the deck or bay walls as proper storage was filled up.

"It's gonna be a long war."

Sean shrugged his shoulders, disembarking with the others. He detached the clip in his HPAR, and emptied the chambered round, reloading the round into it's clip. He then proceeded to follow Avel. "Private 3rd class Sean Masson here sir. And I can vouch for what she's saying, Only reason I can see to pull back at all is to get more ammo, and we can do that quickly."

"So. We're not really being sent back, are we?"
"We are, actually." Fian mumbled.

"...Did something come up that I'm not aware of?"
"Nothing. It is all according to plan." The MC summoned up a straight face to explain this white lie. "I've been explained by High Com that the Navy doesn't have enough shuttles to evacuate the entire planet-side marine force in one sortie."

"You boys were one of the first to arrive, therefore are the first to evacuate. Not to mention some of you are seriously injured (Here he nodded to Anselm) and most of you are damaged and out of ammo."

"Only reason I can see to pull back at all is to get more ammo, and we can do that quickly."
'Delicious irony.' The black haired Nepleslian thought, as his sub-squad including himself boarded the shuttle. Suddenly his melancholic mood was replaced by one of fear. 'No doubt they have earned the right to retire from the fight, but is it right for me to make the easiest decision for them?' To Fian, it wasn't as much what was right or wrong. The brainwave was inspired by more selfish reasons, what the squad would have thought of him if he didn't let them in on his little scheme.

He turned on his integrated loudspeakers as so the NSS Acadia marines in the bay could hear him clearer. "I'm going to do something I might regret when I'm in the brig, again." Fian announced, in reference to the Acadia-Emden incident in the previous mission, he was still sitting in a cell somewhere when the Mishu attack on Rok'veru started. "But if right now you feel that there are some things more important than avoiding jail time, I suggest you get back onboard."

"But if right now you feel that there are some things more important than avoiding jail time, I suggest you get back on board."

The second Avel heard those words she was back on the shuttle in an eye blink and standing in front of the MC. "Thank you sir and I recommend setting us down near that power station I saw on my map back when I did those calculations. Don't worry, it's on the fifth line of defense." She spoke as she popped her neck seals and removed her helmet. "I promise you won't regret it." With that she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, leaving a dark blue lipstick mark.

Avel then put her helmet back on and sat in the nearest available seat. She had a plan that would both keep them out of jail and elevate them to the status as war heroes. All she needed was the Chief's cooperation, everything else would be cake work... For the most part anyways.

Sean smiled, and re-boarded the shuttle. He found a spot, and put his helmet back on before sitting down again. Sliding the clip back into his HPAR, he got ready. "I figured I would like it here."

Viktor Kingston was the last to head for the shuttle's exit. He didn't disembark at first, but instead paused at the end of the ramp with his hand on the shuttle's figurative backside. That's where he was standing while listening to the Master Chief explain the situation, and couldn't help but smirk at the end. When he finally stepped off the shuttle, it was only to reload his weapons with the aid of a single ordnance engineer- the rest were busy with more important things, like cutting Anselm free of his Armor.

He was, much to his chagrin, the third back on board. "Let's do this. Don't forget, we've got to pull some extra weight with Anselm getting his arm fixed." Then he popped his helmet and sat on his haunches. It was nice to take a breath of fresh air- that's to say it was fresh in the sense that it didn't reek of his own sweat and choke him with filtered, stagnant hotness. Private Kingston was smiling softly to himself. It had to be the adrenalin and endorphins finally settling. He chuckled then at the realization, and looked over at Avel, sitting a ways across from him.

"Sounds like you have a plan; mind sharing?"

"We do what I did with that downed Sunburn." Avel began. "We land and start fighting the squids while I rig the facility to blow. I'll join you once I'm finished. Once we are given the order to fall back and are at a safe distance, I'll signal the stations reactor to have a meltdown. The station goes up in a big way and the Marines have a few million less Mishhuvurthyar to deal with."

"I also become a war hero but they don't need to know that part."
She thought to herself. "Sound like a good plan to you?"

Anselm stood up in his battered Aggressor just as two marines were about ready to begin cutting him out, "Nobody is going back down there," the Albino grabbed a chainsword off an even more battered WATER and stomped over to the shuttle, grabbing an LSP on the way and shrugging off a protesting medic, "not without me," he growled, girding the weapons about the armorsuit's belt before hopping on the shuttle with tangible glee.

Viktor nodded. "I like it." And there was really nothing else to be said about it.

The VOID rose to its feet at Kingston's beckoning and approached Anselm to put a hand on his shoulder above the currently empty socket. "Anselm, I appreciate the thought, but the last thing we need is you getting fifty different kinds of fucked up by ignoring your current state. You need medical assistance, whether you like it or not."

While Private Kingston was honest with every word, he didn't bother to mention the fact that he would still very much like it if Anselm joined them on the return trip to that power plant.

Anselm batted Viktor's hand away with his stump of a forearm while his right hand clenched, "I'm not going to sit up here in a lumpy medical ward while you get to have fun and blow shit up! If you don't want me on the ground, you're gonna have to fight me!"

The Master Chief was momentarily stunned, it usually took a PPG blast or a direct gauss rifle hit to achieve the same effect as that peck on the cheek.The audacity of her! He was about to launch into a 'respect your superiors' tirade but then realized that he himself is in the midst of committing a serious indiscipline. He'll let it slide for now.

"Hey P3C Alexandra." Fian called out across the bay. "Before you get back on, grab what you need to treat mister Wyatt here on the way down."

"I'm going to have a word with the pilot."

Alex was just bandaging a wound when she was called by MC. "Yes sir!" she shouted back and finished what she was doing. It looked like they were going back. Alex wouldn't mind staying here and helping but maybe she can do much more on the ground. That were her thoughs as she was wiping blood from her hands into her pants.

She took few medical supplies and ren back to her armor. She opened al arge medikit on armors belt ant took out head of a marine. It was very heavy in the helmet but Alex manages somehow. She put it next to dead bodies covered by blankets. Sorry mate. No time to cover you. She thought when she was leaving head on the ground.

She put supplies she took in the medikit. Then she took similiar medikit she found earlier which was empty. Good for putting heads in. All done in about a minute. She then climbed in to PA, took a laser cutter she saw next to one of violently opened damaged PAs and walked into the shuttle.

"Okay then. Let me have a look." She said and raised a hans with cutter in her hand as she walked to Anselm. "I need to cut you out so I think this armor is pretty much toast. Someone could take him better Aggresor on the ship. I bet there will be at least one aggresor in better shape than this one."

Harrison grunted in response to the events unfolding around him. To be honest, he had finally detatched himself from the whole of the goings-on, and had descended into that most holy and sacred zone of "no longer giving a fuck". He extended his legs into the aisle and savored a few moments of rest before he ended up being dumped back into the next fight.

He listened absently to Avel's plan before voicing a complaint. Did she say blowing up a power plant? As in forcing a reactor to go all Plant Three-Beta and dump tons of radiation over a several hundred mile radius? "I certainly hope the plant you plan on demolishing isn't nuke-based." The ex-merc said, leaning towards Avel. "And if it is," he added, "I hope you checked the fallout radius."

The Chief tossed Keladrian a flask. Kel took a swig, and passed it on as ordered. "Lookin' forward to it sir." He responded, and filled off of the shuttle. Their was an MC in the group of PA's that brought them off the shuttle by the name of Fian Vel Steyr. He was speaking to the Chief and Avel, so Kel didn't pay too much attention. Keladrian looked around the bay. It was a pretty big place, compared to the ships he was used too, and it was filled with people who all looked overworked.

As he wandered around, making sure to stay within yelling distance of his squad, he found a large pile of supplies. Sifting through it, Kel found plenty of ammo for his HPAR and AOP, and also a full BOLT rack. Reloading the guns and stashing extra ammo in his suit, Keladrian turned around. As he looked, he realized the squad had gotten back onto the shuttle, and he was the last one left. "Shit, wait up guys!" He yelled, hustling over. He grabbed a seat near the ramp. "What are we doing back on?" He asked, not knowing what was going on.

Viktor only grinned. "I'm not one to deny my brethren combat, should they desire it. I only suggested what's best for your health." He stepped out of the way so Anselm could be treated and stopped right in Keladrian's path. "Going back down to blow up a power plant and take out some more squids. Praying it isn't nuclear," was his curt answer.

Anselm grinned sloppily, popping the seals on his helmet and squatting next to the shuttle; it had been a while since everyone, especially the new additions, had heard the marine's voice without the distortion his suit's speakers and comm had provided, "the entire left arm has to go, think you can make it fast, Mayhew?"

A ship's medic walked up to the two marines and held out a datajockey, "thank the gods, I was starting to feel like half of a corpse," he muttered, quickly signing the electronic form and raising his chin for the officer.

"This'll sting," he said, pressing the business end of a hypolathe to the Albino's jugular.

"What, no lolipop?" Anselm asked hoarsely after catching his breath.

The medical officer ignored the comment, "You're going out with one hand?"

"I'll manage, just have some metal waiting for me when I get back," Anselm responded. The officer nodded with pursed lips and made his way out of the bay. The Albino glanced back at Alexandra, "where were we?"

"We were at me cutting you out of this piece od scrap metal. What the hell did you do down there? Thumb-fighting a Mishu?" Said Alex and started working with a laser cutter. It wasn't easy but AI helped her. She just popped od damaged area around armors lock and then part of aggresor arm that was burned. Metal of the arm was schorched and fused with Anselms flesh. "This is gonna hurt a lot. You want anything for the pain?" Asked Alex and looked at Anselm.

What the hell did you do down there? Thumb-fighting a Mishu?
Anselm grinned, this time not so lop-sided, "Close, swords," he watched intently as Alex got down to seperating man from machine.

This is gonna hurt a lot. You want anything for the pain?
"I've had worse," the clone grimaced and set his jaw tight, recalling every injection of the scar-softening cocktail he'd had since they'd pulled him out of his vat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back