• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi Mission 3: Part 3- Back on Planet!

As the drones closed in, following the Mikomi over the rocky wastes of Bowhordia, Nick began to make his way towards the ship as fast as he could. Ghi's shouted warning, amplified by her suit's external speakers, helped the grave nature of the situation become all the more apparent to the young communications tech. He picked up his pace with every rock that he weaved past seemingly offering no resistance to his determined charge back to the ship.

When the members of the crew began firing on the drones, the sporadic sounds of combat became more constant. Nick could hear the communication happening between the still armored crewmembers and the Mikomi from the subspace communicator hanging around his belt. Their frantic and short messages to one another and their seemingly coordinated cover fire for their slower, unarmored comrades gave him an iota of comfort as he neared the ship.

Slowing his pace as the ship came into sight, the Geshrin let out a sigh of relief, indistinguishable from his already heavy breathing caused from the fast pace that had marked the whole second journey to the surface of Bowhordia. The hail of weapons fire from within the ship's protective field was magnificent, and Nick felt as if his safety was now assured.

Then, he felt a sudden, sharp sting on the back of his leg. He stumbled in the yellowy sand, making a dusty cloud around where he impacted the ground. Later, he would feel himself lucky that the bolt of energy that had hit his leg was nothing more than a grazing shot, but now it felt as if his leg had a hole shot clean though it.

However, this did not slow the young Geshrin's pace, rather increased it. He quickly scampered up from where he had fallen, moving through the ship's shielding that was now only a few feet away. As he entered, he made no effort to move further into the ship's interior, stumbling over into a heap on the cold, comparatively comfortable deck, allowing himself a few moments of immediate rest.

To Ghi's count that was the last of the crew inside the relative safety of the ship shields, and yet for a good ten seconds she was swept away in the thrill of combat, the constant adrenaline rush and delighting in the destruction from her weapons as she fired again and again at the drones.

"Yes! You are the predator, they are the prey who wished to destroy you! Hunt, hunt and kill!" The voice howled in her ear, rejoicing as much as she did, and it was this that brought her out of her violent trance. She knew she could not embrace that side of herself, it was simply too dangerous.

Looking around her she saw how she had been forgoing her duties given that Nick had a wounded leg and Tom seemed to have crawled halfway down the corridor. Some doctor she was. However she strongly doubted she'd be able to help them bound in the PHALANX, and so leaped on to the PHALANX pod and while wish that the process would work a little faster felt the suit disintegrate around her. When finished she called to Nick, "If you make your own way to the medbay I'll get you fixed up." Tom did take precedence in this situation.

Working upon that fact she made her way quickly to Tom, and said soothingly "You've done well Tom, let me help you now." Picking him up gently she carried him to the Medbay.

Roken was caught off guard when daduar pulled him to the safety of the mikomi "thanks", roken got up and engaged the remaining drones he could he looked over at daduar and gave him a thumbs up "Ill be glad when we get a safe distance from this planet", roken paused to see how many drones were closing in on the ship there were to many to count and even if he could they werent giving him a chance "seems like our friends dont want us to leave", roken said letting a smile creep across his face.

"Thanks." Tom more mumbled the word than spoke it, as he had spent nearly all of his energy in the last few hours of survival.

"Ghi, are we safe?"

"Relatively." Ghi responded, "Now lets get you some healing. I'll put you in the regen pod for a few minutes, and that should heal your body right up."

To this end Ghi carried Tom over to one of the pods on the wall, opened it and placed him inside, "While we're at this stage are you sure you don't want some variety of genetic modification, a new body or some accesory grafted on to your body?" She asked, pausing before activating the pod.

"And ruin my drop-dead sexy body? No thanks." The Geshrin grinned.

"Patch me back together and let's get the hell out of here."

"Ah, but don't you think it would be fun to be able to lift a five to six hundred pounds without breaking a sweat?" Ghi responded a little jovialy, shutting the tank, "Now try not to move for a bit, and you'll be out in no time. Hopefully the higher ups are going to get us out of here."

"That's it Suzi. Get us out of here." Kestral breathed heavily, and let out a sigh of relief. "Well done everyone." Kestral shouted through the bay. The Mikomi lifted of Bowhordia and began the journey back to Yamatai.

"We will be in Yamatai in short time Sir." Suzi called over the speaker to Kestral.

"Thank you Suzi." He made the short distance to the bridge and sat down quickly. "Suzi, out me on loud speaker please." Suzi did this immediatly and Kestral started his small speech that he had prepared. "Everyone, this is Kestral. I just want to say a few words before we get back to Yamatai. Which will be in about five minutes as we have just entered hyper space. I appreciate everything you have done for me. You are by far the best crew I have ever been part of, and it is my pleasure to say that you all have two weeks vacation when we get back. The recovery mission to get Tom went well, and from what I have seen of him he looks like he will be dancing in no time. Welcome back Tom." Kestral smiled briefly. "Thank you. Out." Kestral lay back in his chair and shut his eyes.

Kestral was fast asleep when they did arrive. "We have now arrived. Please go when you fell like it, and have a good vacation." Suzi spoke these in Kestral's place, as it didn't look like he would wake up until they got back. Kestral lay there with a slight smile on his face, they were back.

Nick strode into the medbay, just as Kestral's heartfelt monologue began, his uniform in the undeniably wrong state that the expedition had caused. He wasn't in much pain, but still walked with a small limp, leaning ever so slightly to the left as he took each step. The shock probably caused more damage than the wound itself ever had, but nonetheless, the Geshrin thought it best to have it checked out.

He smiled at Ghi and nodded in greeting as he sat down on one of the examination tables, waiting patiently, listening to the Captain's message. As he listened and waited, Nick pondered if it had been worth it to go back down to save the man now in the medical pod only a few feet away from him. By the time Kestral's address ended, he figured that it had been, but realized that the mission had went perfectly, and probably would have came to a different conclusion if it had not.

"It's not bad, I don't think, ma'am,â€

"Oh hello Nick, let's see what we can do for you." Ghi said brightly, suddenly feeling happier and more uplifted than she had for days, weeks even. Why? Well that probably had something to do with flying away from a deranged battle field where a good number of her crew-members had been killed. The reminded her, she should really look in to restoring them at some point. But back to the point at hand there was a Nick with a damaged leg. She began looking over his leg while he lay on the examination table. "He'll be fine, eventually."

She straightened up "Well I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with your leg, you got of quite lucky. There's some first degree burning and muscle damage, but not much." Ghi paused thinking which particular course of action to take, "Would you like a new body? It's a good oppurtunity to enhance your capabilities and so forth. If not we'll just start you with some Haemo-ointment and stem cells." She turned away and began preparing these.

"The second option sounds like the better alternative,â€

Ghi returned with a vial of haemosynthetic fluid and another of Raz's genetically modified stem cells, "It's no problem Nick." She began to apply the haemosynthetic liquid to his wound, "And I honestly don't know. Our higher ups seem to be just a tad temprimental at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on one moment to the next. I do know what's going to happen to me with any luck: I'm going to be transferred." She paused in concentration for a moment, "Don't forget you only need one person to run one of these ships Nick, possibly not even that given that MEGAMI-Sama is more intelligant than all of us put together. We'll probably bring back the rest of the crew soon enough, but let's at least wait untill we get back to Yamatai in all of a minute or two."

Nick thought on Ghi's reply as she applied the treatment. He supposed she was right for the most part, but thought that the ship really did need a full crew to be an effective fighting vessel of the Star Army. "I don't know about the MEGAMI being more intelligent than all of us here on the ship combined,â€

"Nothing at all Nick, save that you don't find any reason to come to the medbay other than personal for the next few hours." Ghi answered with a smile to the young mans formality, "You've been a pleasure to treat." She paused, "If you really wanted something to do you could ask the Captain or Daduar about bringing our comrades back to life. I could ask them myself of course, but you did offer." She flashed a devilish smile.

Daduar sighed heavily, long since shedding his PHALANX in the armor bay; he took a few moments to relax and contemplate on all that had gone on recently. The deaths that he had seen had left a mental scar, now Daduar felt that anywhere he might be destined to work, those under him will most likely suffer the same fate.

A quick slap to the face from himself quickly moved Daduar out of the funk he had let fall on himself and he began to change into his more proper attire, his dress uniform. After a few minutes of carefully putting it on once again, Daduar tied his hair back and holstered his pistol and sheathed his saber.

He checked himself once again in the mirror and then exited his quarters and began speaking to the ship "Suzi, please begin the necessary processes to bring back the crew who expired during the recent mission.â€

Ghi nodded thankfully. If she was right, which she hoped she was, then her request for transfer had been put through already. Great! "Thank you sir. It's been a pleasure serving with you.â€

Roken was relived to know that the battle was over he was a little upset about how things had been and was feeling depresed, eventhough they would be revived it made no difference roken sat on the cold floor staring at the damaged phalanx that had protected him during his moment in combat "ill have to thank daduar for covering me during are escape aboard the mikomi", roken said to himself. He wasnt sure weather or not he should stay with the crew or leave they were a good crew in his opinion and this was his first mission but he wasnt sure if was cut out for this "NO I shouldnt think like that, I trained hard to get to where I am I cant let one battle shake me I have to keep going", with that roken stood up and made his way out of the hangar and headed for his quarters.

After a shower and a fresh change of clothes and steped out, for a moment he seemed lost: what do i do now he thought, he looked around for a moment and decided to visit the med station and see how the others were doing he wasnt sure if going there would mean anything to him but at least he had something to do before he decided if would transfer or stay.

With a wooshing noise, the rehabilitation pod opened and Tom Freeman stepped out. He stumbled a few feet and almost fell down, but with a sharp pull of his body, he leaned back against the wall.

"Whew..." He tensed his body in anticipation of the pain that had hounded him the entire day. It wasn't there.

"Awesome!" However, it was a bit chilly, and the Geshrin remained oblivious to the reason why until he had casually taken a glance down at his body.

Which was naked.

Tom's lips trembled and he blurted out an indiscernable phrase before bursting into laughter.

The laughter rang through most of the ship before dying down.

"I must say, TOM! You're looking quite good tonight! Why yes, I've been looking forward to this concert for some time now. I just COULDN'T decide what to wear for this fabulous occassion! Well, if I may say, you are, in my opinion, the finest dressed person in the entire room!"

His conversation melted once again into laughter before a beeping noise distracted him. Still chuckling, he pushed the button to hear the message.

"Tom. I'm very sorry to leave like this, but I feel as if I need to do something more with my life. I feel as if there is something in me that is missing, incomplete, and I must find a way to fill this. I have enjoyed my time on the Mikomi, and if I may ask you a favour it would be to give my farewells to the rest of the crew. If I can I'll try to stay in touch.â€

Daduar stood by the medical office, watching as the others departed. The surprise came to him as Roken approached Nicholas and himself. "My friends, I believe the best idea would be to ask for a transfer, as the crew seems to do by itself already. I appreciate the service rendered to me while you were under my command, and wish you both the best in your future assignments. "

Daduar quickly left the medical area and moved towards his quarters to quickly gather his gear, taking no haste in gathering the belongings. A dozen or so minutes had passed by until Daduar had everything gathered and he quickly made his way from the Mikomi, planning on enjoying his two weeks of vacation before deciding on what to do next.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back