• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 4 Epilogue]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You followed orders, and went untrained on a secret operation into not exactly friendly territory. Once more you are alive, and the objective was completed with no fatalities. Also I recall you standing above before we even went there. Being a soldier means accepting sometimes there's nothing we can do. I swore an oath to protect the clan and that includes Hanako. Who should be more frustrated? Misaki thought to the junior soldier, trying to coax her anger out with reason as she slid bare into her bunk, sighing when her head hit the pillow.

My doors will be open for you, the bed too if you want to rest with me or talk.

Valen nodded quietly before speaking up, "I'm sure that you will make a lot of friends. However, I..." Before he could finish his sentence in reply to her question, his communicator beeped. "A message?" he pulled it out and read it diligently. "Ah, the Eucharis is back in port already... and they have wounded! I think that we should discuss this later." His fragile smile would hopefully tell her that he was okay... hopefully.

...I'm on my way. Was all the soldier sent back to the officer, sighing as she gathered her uniform and left the gym, ignoring her bleeding knuckles and the odd stares she got from various crewmembers that were headed for their own bunks.

Stopping briefly outside Misaki's quarters, the redhead took a deep breath and licked up the worst of the blood from her hands and fingers, before entering, avoiding looking her lover and superior officer in the eyes as she seated herself on the edge of the bed.

"Misaki, I... I..." Kim started, but she couldn't manage to utter a word, unable to remain angry at herself with Misaki in the same room, so instead she simply looked at the floor, struggling with her feelings. "To feel pain is to be alive..." She muttered softly, under her breath.

Naturally, our dear friend and dedicated technician Nana was keeping an ever vigilant gaze locked on every bit of the Eucharis, much as she had been since they went off on their mission and left her to attend to matters of importance on the ship. At least, that was what she told herself in order to get by. A whole lot of doing nothing left her feeling rather steamed in the head as she hid herself away in the armor bay. Maybe this was why they hadn't sent her out.

But, they were back, some with more than just a few scrapes and bruises, and Nana could get back to life as usual. This, of course, included the all too imperative work of wandering towards Engineering at a slow pace, where she would inevitably park her carcass for a few hours to begin routine, and probably redundant maintenance.

"No, no.. it's all right, I've got everything under control.." The somewhat agitated girl mumbled to herself as she stood at the main console, appearing just a bit frazzled.

Kumiko glanced at her datapad. According to the info she'd downloaded, the Eucharis should either already be docked, or be docking momentarily. She figured the commander would want some quiet time after a mission, but better to get it out of the way early right? So, she headed for the docks, intent on boarding and getting the interview over with.

ON: YSS Eucharis

"Shhh.." Misaki smiled with concern at Kim, reaching up to rub her palm against her back in slow, warm circles. "That's not true. I used to think so too, believe me." She didn't think Kim knew about her service record. "A lot of this life is give and take. I'm proud as an officer of the Empire with your contributions in things that a normal recruit couldn't handle." The woman's eyes flicked to her redhead, and the matching colour set against her worn knuckles. "Why don't you strip a little and come here under the covers?" The XO asked, knowing a little touch and attention could help since it certainly did wonders for her minutes before, and she had wanted to see Kim also.

Sighing softly, Kim simply did as asked, getting out of the sweaty clothes, and as she was about to get into bed with Misaki, she halted. Instead, the soldier went towards the bathroom, and wrapped toilet paper around her knuckles to stop the bleeding, and avoid making a, quite literally, bloody mess of her lover's bed. That detail out of the way, the redhead slipped under the covers, cuddling close to the other woman as if her life depended on it.

Slowly drawing her arms around the taller woman, Misaki scooted up and rested her cheek on the top of her head after placing her lips there for a long silence. "I could have seen to your fingers if you wanted." The suggestion was serious and she had tasted blood before nothing she wouldn't do to make Kim feel even better. Giving her a full squeeze, she slipped her legs around one of her lover's.

"I didn't want to make a mess of your bed..." Kim mumbled feebly, holding Misaki tight while she closed her eyes to simply relax and enjoy the soft intimacy they now shared. Just being close to her lover was easing Kim's raging emotions, but far from taming them completely. "I'm sorry, Misaki... I just wish I had been able to do... more... I don't know..."

"You did a lot, don't try to take on the universe on your first day." While the officer wasn't sure she'd listen, that didn't stop her from trying. "You would have been even more upset if I hadn't sent you, right? It was one critical mission, but from what I see just about any mission Hanako-Taisa goes on is in some way, shape, or form..you proved yourself very well. Stop worrying. You can kill someone another time." Misaki teased her, rubbing shin to shin under the covers.

Giggling softly, Kim opened her eyes and smiled at the other Neko. She was feeling better, yes, but not completely at ease. "Thank you, Misaki... I... I..." Instead of the tender words the redhead had intended to say, she merely stuttered and mumbled, feeling as if she had a large lump in her throat that prevented her from speaking. So instead, she merely kissed the smaller officer in a loving manner.

Misaki let herself be taken into the soft moment while she sometimes drew back her lips to press them back in, leading the kiss with a little circular motion of her head. "It's nothing." That whisper brushed nicely against the source of the stuttering. Close your eyes and things will be better.

Closing her eyes slowly, the soldier did her best to relax in her lover's arms, constantly seeking to resume the kiss whenever Misaki drew away. She squirmed slightly as they cuddled, her ears twitching, a sure-tell sign that she was happy right where she was, in her lover's arms.

Not able to help a small laugh into the kiss Misaki squeezed thighs around the leg she had captured to tease Kim a little bit more. I didn't even get the things we bought out of the shuttle, did I? Thinking was easier, and just as warm to her. Whenever the opportunity presented itself for one of the blue-haired woman's hands to rub the others skin soothingly, they did.

You didn't? Understandable, with this chaos... Purring softly at the feeling of her lover's touch and the squeezing of her thighs around her own leg, Kim broke the kiss with a soft and happy sigh, she instead leaned in to suckle at the nape of Misaki's neck in a loving manner. Even if she couldn't manage to make herself say the words, she could still show the other woman how she felt by her actions.

PAUSE

Konoka's communicator bleeped. "I'm sure I will..." she muttered. There were wounded who needed her help! She dropped everything. All conversation was forgotten. This is what her life was for.

"Later then." She rushed off to go help the wounded. She thought about the possibilities she might encounter. Oh dear....She ran faster. This was what she considered her purpose in life: caring for the sick, the wounded. Something told her it wouldn't be minor. She rushed at a breakneck pace. She helped others. It was her calling. But to help, she had to be there.

Finally, she made it.

"I'm here. How can I help?"

Her favorite question. Helping was her life.

On the bed in the medbay was half of Yaichiro, burned fairly badly and unconscious. He was stable, but the burns prevented effective healing of what was left of him.

"Oh dear..." said Konoka softly when she saw Yaichiro. She loved helping others, but she hated people being hurt. She tried not to cry, lest she not be able to see throught the tears. Poor thing. He...or half of him, at least....was burned pretty badly. He didn't seem to be healing, either.

"I wonder if it'd be easier to make a new body?" she thought aloud. She would really hate to have to do that. The idea of a new body kind of scared her. She thought carefully about what to do. "Better think faster, Miyazawa..." she muttered to herself. The longer she thought about it, the more his health failed.

She looked around, suddenly hating decision-making. New body or no? Better hurry up....

Yaichiro's unconscious half-form shuddered a bit, and then his pulse began to fluctuate wildly. He'd destabilized, 3 blood clots from his severed torso having managed to enter his circulatory system at several places. They were now reaking havoc on his bloodstream, blocking off areas of vital importance. If he didn't die from lack of oxygen to his cells, he'd have a stroke before too much longer.

"Oh no." Decision time. The patient had just gotten worse. "I think we should make a new body....yeah, that's it." She had to act now. "Right, that would be easiest. Umm...soul transfer. That'd be right. Umm..." Suddenly her mind was blank. She had to hurry. "Focus...focus..." She got out the materials she'd need.

"Everything's going to be OK." she said, to herself as well as the patient. Some people chose to remain awake. However, he wasn't conscious. However, she had to move. Now.

"Guess I'd better start. It's gonna be OK, it's gonna be OK..." She wasn't sure whether she said this for herself, or the patient. She really hated people getting hurt. But she loved helping them. She had to help..NOW. "OK...here we go....what am I going to need? Right, right..." She began her mental checklist. She breathed in slowly. In, out. She was calm now. She was the calm one. She had to be calm during this kind of thing. She couldn't be the one to freak out. "Gee, this is going to be an interesting first day...."

Yaichiro's breathing became labored, as one of the clots had proceeded to clog up his left lung.

The hemosynthetic tank, which would craft Yaichiro's new body, gave an error message.

NOTICE: Genetic Sample on file has nonfatal flaw in processing of taste and smell in the brain. Fix not known, will not inhibit effectiveness of patient in active duty.

Error is previously known and on Medical Record. Continue? Y/N.

"NOTICE: Genetic Sample on file has nonfatal flaw in processing of taste and smell in the brain. Fix not known, will not inhibit effectiveness of patient in active duty.

Error is previously known and on Medical Record. Continue? Y/N"

"Perfect..." said Konoka with a sigh. "Ho hum....mmm, nonfatal....good, he's OK...." Thinking about it, anything labeled "nonfatal", that could either be treated or lived with. OK. Next.

"Will not inhibit the effectiveness of the patient in active duty. Very good." If it was something that would hinder work, she'd mess with it. But if he could work well, it couldn't be too bad. Right?

"Error is previously known and on Medical Record." Well, if it was on the record, it had been delt with before. And he'd kept going before now, probably. You could infer the patient had known of the problem and delt with it as is.

She told the machine to continue. She looked up, then sighed. "Better keep going...."

The body began to form, and the next step was to deal with the mind...he had an ST backup that was no more than 12 hours old, so he probably had already known he might not survive.

While she could pretty much restore him completely if he died, it would be optimal to keep him alive long enough for the new body to form, and begin a direct transfer.

Konoka checked again; there was a recent ST backup. Good. If he died, she could still....no, she refused to think about that until it happened. Dying, even if she could bring you back, was hard for her. She hated it, it made her sad. So, she had keep him alive until she could do a direct transfer.

That was the plan. Plans could always go wrong, but the question was: What was the plan to carry out the plan? Hmmm, she could use replacement blood, maybe Medicagel, or maybe...A plan formed in her mind. She gathered the materials she'd need. Humming as she worked, she attempted to stabilize him, or at least prevent him from dying. Just keep him alive. Simple...in theory. "Here we go....hmmmdedumm...."

She would find that she could keep the remaining lung and heart working, and probably prevent a stroke...

Meanwhile, the body continued to form in the tank, the hemosynthetic mass forming a new body slowly...

Konoka had been worried about the patient dying (which was stupid on her part, as even that could be fixed) she barely thought about the possibility of a stroke. Now it had dawned on her, as well as the realization that she could keep the remaining lung and heart working,and thus prevent it.

"Miyazawa, you idiot, get to work." she told herself. She began to attempt to help the lung and heart continue functioning, doing everything she could to prevent anything worse from happening. "Well, this a fine kettle of fish. And on my first day..." she muttered to herself. She enjoyed saving lives. Caring for the wounded was her specialty. She wasn't out of the woods yet.

She thought as she worked about how she'd been immediately thrown into her work. She'd expected to treat several patients, help many people. Though she hadn't expected to treat a case like this immediately, the day she started. Thinking, she realized the Eucharis would have had to be coming from somewhere, and at least one person was bound to get hurt.

She hummed gently, paying close attention to the lung and the heart, glancing every so often to see how long she had to keep this up before the body was ready. It'd be a while, she figured. She began singing softly under her breath, a song about caring for others. She continued to work.

After an hour of touch and go, the body was ready...

Next was to transfer his mind over to the new body through the ST machine, and wake him...

After an impatient hour, Konoka glanced over again. The body was ready. Now, she had to transfer the mind. She went over to the ST machine, preparing it to transfer the mind. A mind was a beautiful thing. Now, she had to succesfully place it in a body. This weirded her out a little. Yet this was her job....

The machine was ready. "Here we go....now what am I going to say when he wakes up? O dear..." What did one SAY or DO when someone wakes up after Soul Transfer? She didn't have much time to figure it out......

The blonde, now on a table and covered with a cloth, slowly opened his eyes, and saw the new face.

"...???"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back