• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 4: The Fame and the Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Nekomachina unleashed their torrent of semi-liquid metal upon the Graviton Barrier, Yukari fired her Forearm weapon. What happened was a spectacular scene few fictional pieces could produce. As the barrier collapsed and air erupted out of Engineering, Yukari's Aether ravaged two of the five combat drones into debris. One other combat was permanently disabled as its processor was savagely destroyed, but that left two Nekomachina remaining. Luckily, her attack damaged their targeting and caused their accuracy to decrease. Instead of being mauled to death by their "Money Shots", Yukari as surrounded by highly inaccurate sprays of semi-liquid metal.

But what of the Defenders? Many of them escaped to other portions of the Engineering that could be sealed off, though a couple weren't so quick and stood there as the vacuum of space reached its icy hands to still their hearts.

"And just what sort of stakes are you proposing to wager?" Nyton asked with an eyebrow raised.

“That depends on what you accept as currency around here.” Wazu said,

“If you win, I could hand over 10,000 DA if money is your thing. Or if services are your choice I could sign off on taking care of my self for the remainder of the trip, you would not have to keep checking in on me. Or perhaps you would rather have information, technical data, whatever you can think of.

I already know exactly what I want from you if I win.”

Yukari preferred to be skilled instead of lucky.

However, luck was unquestionable. She blasted the two remaining Nekomachina into slagged metal, then started for the aft damage control rooms. She needed something specific, and she had no time to wait.

Her instructions to Tsuya were swift and succinct: "Yamada-Hei, get the remaining defenders in AMES and send them to the subdeck escape pods! The enemy remains distracted!" She was already at one of the damage control stations, reaching for a pair of suits after shoving aside a shelf of spare parts. There would be three such suits in each station near Tsuya.

"We are abandoning ship!"

In one of the crew quarters, Mara - in her bed - started kicking and flailing her limbs in surprise before she jerked upright, sitting.

"What? Abandon ship? And what would Miharu be supposed to do then? Serve apple tarts to the invaders after she's captured?" Mara ranted, grabbing her pillow and throwing it at the nearest wall. The pillow bounced and dropped back to the floor.

She glared at the pillow and growled: "I definitely need to get Tom to provide us with better power armor facilities. I'm sick of being the underdog in that respect."

Mara then fell back into her mattress limply, made an explosive sigh and added: "...and suuuure, Wazu. Go on, take the only person on the ship still willing to be nice with you and show him that you take him for an idiot with this pathetic attempt to weasel in a bribe. Pfft!"

"I hardly know what secrets this database contains, so I'm mainly here to crack it open," Takuma said with a shrug.

"Assuming the crack is successful, we'll have to ask some higher-ups for specifics on what they want. Whether that's information on Amaya's Gate or the process of mass making nekomachinas so the Miharu can have its own personal army." A scenario ran through Takuma's head.

"Miharu is locked in a heated space battle with generic death force A. Taken severe damage and desperate, Miharu launches a barrage of missiles off the bow aimed right for the center of generic cruiser A. Close before impact, the missiles that avoid being shot down split open and reveal four nekomachina per pod, equipped for maneuvering in space. Said barrage of missiles becomes a wave of robotic flesh. The machines cling like spiders to the hull and crawl around in mass numbers. Some look for a weak spot to penetrate the armor, others halt the weaponry either by dismantling or by flooding the launch tubes with mangled robotic corpses. While generic death force A is in a state of disarray, confusion mainly, Miharu opens fire will well-aimed laser death."

Nyton chuckled a bit. "And just what would you be seeking to gamble? After all your suggestions given to me fall quite short of anything I seek. Besides I cannot accept your money nor your promise to 'take care' of yourself. I have a duty to my Captain and ship which would conflict with any arranged wager we may make. As a result there is little you could offer me should I win. Very little." he replied with a shrug.

Just what is Heram after here? Does he truly think he can gain something through this contest? Nyton thought to himself as he folded his hands behind him.

“Then we are at an impasse again. The point of betting for entertainment is the threat of loosing something of value, and if I have nothing valuable to loose then there is no entertainment to be had.” Wazu would twist his face in thought.

“That would be the end of my creativity for the time being. I am open to suggestions, though it might be best if I just say I am fine and let you continue with your duties.”

"Hai, Shosa!" Tsuya shuttled the defenders toward the suit stations, picking up and carrying some of them for faster transport. Once they were all there, she checked to make sure each one was donning their AMES.

Miyoko nodded at Takuma's suggestion. "We'll save the specifics on what we'd like to look for until after we've gotten some idea what's on there. For now, let's just work on breaking the encryption and file manifest." She was getting settled in to her chair now, in a slumped-down position that was both informal and unladylike... but comfortable as hell. "Miharu, do you have an estimate of how long it will take to do that much?"

"That is unfortunate. Well then if you should require anything else do not hesitate to ask." Nyton replied before turning to leave. Just as he reached the door he paused.

"Would you perhaps enjoy a match of fists? If you wish I could find someone at your skill level." Nyton suggested before turning around and curling his arm to make a fist. "Or myself if you find me enough of a challenge."

"Oh I figured just a good old fashioned bare knuckle brawl, nothing lethal or crippling. Victory determined by submission or knock out. Anything else you wish to add?" Nyton said as he began cracking the knuckles in his natural hand.

As the Defenders began donning their AMES, Yukari would see several more contacts moving towards engineering. This time, only two signals were on the move: one was a definite Nekomachina while the other was a brand new Powered Armor signal. Moving in from the port Multifunction Bay, they blew threw the Graviton Barrier entering the Main Passageway like tin foil and traveled down to Engineering in moments.

The Nekomachina didn't even bother landing fully as it began to provide suppressive fire for its commander, unleashing full automatic fire upon Engineering with its SMG. The Power Armor to land behind it was much different from the other armor the enemy used. Instead, the enemy was using a Mindy III just like Tsuya and Yukari. Yukari's AIES would automatically designate this one as the enemy commander as the new Mindy III began to launch a cloud of nodal bits.

Meanwhile, the other five Powered Armor had blown through another Graviton Barrier. They were now directly in front of the door leading to the Miharu's MEGAMI.

Kyou shook her head in the simulation as the computer induced wackyness wore off. Good thing to know for the future, not to get hit by one of those... As her head cleared, she saw Yukari and Tsuya's predicament, and immediately responded by returning fire with her captured SMG, hopefully at least eliminating the nekomachina, maybe even the Mindy III if she was lucky. "Shosa, I am combat capable again."

“We should also define what types of strikes are not allowed. I assume you wish to disallow hits to the crotch and eye gouging?” Wazu asked. “And where do you want to fight? If the intent is to start here I should make a little more space.”

Rin blushed, seeing the officer strip. Her head bowed, and turned away, and she even brought up a hand to block her peripheral vision.

"H- hai.... That... would make sense," she responded awkwardly, as she once again realized that she still needed to strip and get into the Daisy as well. She gave a forced cough as she closed her eyes and started to take off her uniform, her back to Tom.

The suit opened for Tom and the engineer gingerly slipped inside.

"Am I being to nice to everyone? The Taisa, sh-"

Clump. The Daisy closed around him, cutting off his conversation.

Click.

"-and the Taii has absolutely no problems with disciplining others. Getting on the wrong side of either of them is a bad thing to do."

The AIES ran its configuration, interfacing with the Yamataian as he rambled on.

"I know how much it sucks being at the bottom of the ladder, stuck in the bowels of a ship all day getting yelled at. Having been on the receiving end of that several times in my career, I was hoping to avoid being the one delivering it."

"One may phrase it as, 'If it ain't lethal then it's legit.' Your ability to move about the ship is limited so right here will do. The Miharu can alert medical personnel if needed." Nyton replied while pushing the unused desk with the computer closer to the wall. Already his 360 vision was tracking Heram's movements while his eye's software was analyzing the man's muscle patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…