• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Aeon [Mission 5.0] Darkness and Ice

Josea continued to monitor the life signs. He signaled that there were no life forms within 30 meters of their position. He also found a way to interfere with the sensors that would give them away when they entered the chamber.

"So what's our plan?" Yoshiro asked. He wanted to get this over with, because for some reason he felt that something was going to go horribly wrong or at least in his mind it was going to.

"Shina Kim sends her regards, Josea," Arkase sent via Laser. He ran a quick diagnostic on his systems again to check their performance, and cast his eyes around at the Away Team.

"I recommend moving quickly. The less time we spend here, the better."

Josea looked at Arkase and the others. "Well we should probably follow those others up the shaft. I can jam the sensors in the room to allow us to get into the elevators. We won't learn what they are doing standing down here." he replied he turned and activated the equipment on his armor and set about to initiating the jamming.

"Then do so, Gustav-juni. Forward momentum is good, but we need to be as careful as possible," Kyoka ruminated, glancing at the elevator. "On activation, we move to the elevator. Keep an eye out in case the other two doors open.

Josea moved forward and activated the laser systems on his armor synchronized with the science scanners. The lasers targeted the scanners and matched their signature. Once he had them effectively jammed. He waved for the group to proceed forward.

Arkase kept up with Josea, never leaving too much space between them; it was his job to protect the man, after all. When he waved the group to move forward, Arkase hung back to let the others move forward.

At that moment the center and right tubes gave an electronic chime, and their doors opened. In the right elevator tube, there were four NMX Nekos two of which were carrying some sort of felinoid alien. The creature looked to have been worked over pretty well.

The Nekos were about to step out when they saw the Away Team standing there. They dropped the alien and drew their Type 27 Nekovalkyrja Service Pistols and started firing at the group.

Kyoka unfortunately was looking at the left elevator when the ping sounded, and was caught off-guard by the pistol bullets ringing against her armor. Almost instinctually, she activated her cloak and wheeled about, taking a second to adjust her aim and hit the enemies' legs.

Arkase brought his Aether Beam-Saber Rifle up and fired three shots at the NMX Nekos, not even bothering to aim.

"Josea, get back!" He shouted, stepping forward.

Josea was good to his promise to Shina Kim. At the start of the weapons fire he flipped backwards literally over the heads of Arkase and Kyoka. He unfortunately then hit the edge of the entrance to the passage they just exited. No serious injuries expect perhaps to his pride.

The four unarmored Nekos were dispatched in short order. They collapsed within the elevator in a variety of sprawls burying their prisoner. The door to the elevator made to close the but the booted foot of one Neko was in the way and the door opened and then closed again only to reopen.

Yoshiro had not been paying attention when the Nekos came out and was berating himself for it. They had been killed before he could even respond so he used his drones to scan for booby traps. I really have to pay attention. I don't want to screw anymore than I have done. Yoshiro thought to himself.

Josea picked himself up, and dusted off the armors legs before catching himself. "Damn they were not kidding when they said this thing acts like your own body. No life signs perhaps we should search the bodies and dispose of them. They may have some sort security device to get around." he offered.

"Do it quickly, then. That elevator is waiting and I don't want to arouse any more suspicion than we already might have." Kyoka ordered, holding the door open of the middle machine. If it went back up without them, it might have returned with more enemies. That would have really sucked.

Josea moved forward and started searching the bodies. He found each has a plain chain around their neck with a crystal attached. As he was removing them the prisoner tried to move away from him.

"Ma'am, what about their prisoner?" he asked.

The nekovalkyrja Murasaki Emiko had thus far participated as no more than an observer in the away team as they had trekked across the icy planet's surface and up to their present location. When Josea moved forward to examine the remains of the now deceased NMX neko soldiers and alien prisoner buried beneath, Emiko moved forward with him and came to a stop a foot from the threshold of the elevators entrance -- her gaze lingering upon the corpse pile as Kyoka held the door open and kept it from its formerly repetitious movement.

As Josea moved aside the dead bodies and exposed the battered prisoner that was trapped beneath, the technician resisted her first urge to raise one of her Mindy's forearm weapons to fire an aether bolt on the remote chance that the unfamiliar felinoid creature turned out to be dangerous or hostile -- but given its battered physical condition and apparent lack of any weapons, she knew that it was unlikely to pose much threat to the group whilst they were protected by power armor. Nonetheless, she kept a watchful eye upon it lest it made to grab one of the NSP's now littering the floor of the elevator.

"Though I don't recognize it's species -- if we're able to communicate with the creature it might be able or be willing to provide us some useful clues to the NMX facilities purpose or layout. No sense going in there completely blind if we can possibly avoid it." Emiko said aloud in her softly lilting, melodious voice. Even as she spoke the neko Ittô Hei was mentally cataloging the various aspects of the alien's features and appearance, her curiosity piqued by the appearance of the NMX prisoner.

Josea moved the dead NMX out of the elevator and directed his science scanner at the alien. It appeared to be 1.2 meters tall, and covered in gray fur. It has triangular ears, one of which was cut up. It has pale blue eyes, the left one was swelled shut. The creatures body was covered in an assortment of chemical burns, cuts and conventional burns. It tried to back further into the elevator cradling its right wrist.

Emiko looked down upon the alien. Hidden behind the opaque visor of her Mindy helmet her brow was furrowed into a slight frown as she considered the cringing creature. The felinoid was quite short -- child-like in its physical stature even when compared to a neko, as it didn't even reach a full four feet in height -- though there was no telling how old it actually was at this point. At a glance it was quite obvious the creature had been subject to torture due to the swollen eye, various burns and the way it cradled one injured wrist in a manner that suggested that it was most likely broken -- though whether the torture had been for the sadistic amusement of the NMX or to obtain some sort of information the technician could only hazard a guess.

Emiko spared a glance towards the others and spoke telepathically. "I added a Type 32 First Aid kit to my gear before we disembarked the ship as it seemed prudent measure on such a hostile world. Though admittedly I'm an engineer and by no means a trained field medic, we may be able to engender some good-will from the alien if I at least make the attempt to relieve it's injuries... that is, if it will allow me anywhere near itself." The alien's reaction to the group didn't seem particularly favorable -- doubtless it would consider the Star Army group as much a danger to itself as the NMX until given sufficient reason to believe otherwise.

The alien despite its injuries was alert its one functioning eye moving from person to person. There was no way for the felinoid to escape with the soldiers in the door way. It had watched the dead NMX be dragged off with a hint of a smile. It forced itself upright.

"U aarrr klan Amaty?" it said in a raspy voice.

Upon the creatures brief statement to the Star Army group, Emiko's gaze sharply turned back to the injured creature in the elevator and she blinked in surprise. Though guttural and difficult to make out, its word's had sounded suspiciously Yamataian. It made sense -- if the creature had been tortured for information, then it must have possessed some kind of means to communicate with its NMX captors. She turned to the others and spoke aloud again, hesitantly questioning the others in the team.

"Was it just my imagination, or did it just ask 'You are clan, Yamatai?' "

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…