• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Mission 5.5] - Stormin' the Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
When we last left our hero and his crew, they were working to bring down the fortress of Cain - a megalomaniac hell-bent on infecting Yamatai and Nepleslia with a deadly virus, turning people into gelatinous killing machines!

However - there have been a few setbacks, major injuries, a broken shotgun and an incorrect syringe, to name a few.
Now, Luca is locked in a showdown with an old fiend in Hitori's past - Michael!

Who has won the duel? Let's find out in another episode of ISC PHOENIX!!

MISSION 5.5 - START!!

Luca had come out of the brief exchange of steel and diamond kneeling at one end of the room, breathing deeply. On the other end of the room, with his back faced to the captain, Michael was in a similar pose, but he seemed confident.

"You see, I sliced you like an onion!" Michael boasted. Out of curiosity, Luca wiggled around a little to see if he would, but didn't.
Confused, Luca began patting his chest for cuts, coming up fruitless and asked: "Are you sure? Who cut who?"
He stood up and turned around to look at Michael, who wasn't responding, but quivering madly.

"I did." A somewhat computerised, masculine voice from nowhere said.
Surprised, Luca looked at Hitori, and her binding ropes had been cut to ribbons, but she was still sitting down, equally surprised as Luca.

"...bastard... lone wolf..." Michael muttered to himself before falling neatly and bloodlessly into a life-sized 12 piece puzzle with a few thumps.
"WHOA-Bugger me sideways!" Luca stepped backwards, but stepped into something he couldn't see, "AH!" He turned around with with his fists up and swung a left hook, but found that something had caught his hand mid swing, and it felt like a hand.

Luca froze and maintained his one-handed grab, looking at the crew around him.
"I thought I already fought you!" He scowled.
"Different person." The person responded, as his cloaking device wore off. It appeared to be a person in a sleek, navy-blue suit of land-based powered armour of Yamataian design, and a vibroblade katana was in his other hand. The armour's face was made up of 6 red eyes, effectively giving whoever was inside 180 degree vision.

"You've grown..." The man inside the armour said before pushing over Luca effortlessly and sprinting away, cloaked, and cutting through the door with a single swipe and disappearing as quickly as he came.

"Well how 'bout that..." Luca mumbled to himself as he put his handgun back in its holster and bent down to help up Arin, "A guardian angel with a katana..."
Hitori picked herself up and gave Luca a pat on the back with a smile, "Much appreciated," She commented with a nod.
"No worries," Luca replied.

The poison that Arin was infected with had subsided, and Vincent, with a helping hand, could stand up. Meanwhile, Luca got his headset back on and called Jimmy.

"Jim, I need a search for a guy named 'Lone Wolf', he just gave us a helping hand. Try looking in public SAINT databases or the Bounty lines..."

Robert came into the doorway of the cell, after accidentally running past Hitori's holding cell and into three rather large Red guards. The ensuing fight caused him to miss the fight in Hitori's cell. As he got back, though, he was determined for a quick grab-and-go. So upon entering the room, he drew his knife and tried to slink into the armor's blindspot without being noticed.

The man in the armour heard Robert coming with a sort of echo-location, and turned around to anticipate the attack.
"Please," He said as he bent his neck away from the blade. He stared at Robert for a moment and deduced that he was probably working for Luca. He pointed his Katana to Robert's face and told him: "Don't."
As he moved the katana away, he applied the personal cloaking device and disappeared.

His word drifted off as he disappeared from sight, and from sound.

Robert decided not to argue with a guy who had a bigger blade than him and sheathed his blade almost immediately with a quick glance towards Luca. With a shrug, he replied, "There are nicer ways to make a guy feel inadequent."

Vincent shivered at the large tear across his chest as some crewmen lifted him to his feet. His duster and combat harness were miraculously intact, but the Red Army uniform beneath was torn asunder, as was the ballistics-resistant jumpsuit beneath it. There was an added wound beneath the the suit's torso, stretching across his ribcage about six inches below his collarbone, which had been crudely dressed with a ludicrous amount of absorbant padding and Ace bandages which wrapped about his torso. Grunting as he bent slightly to retrieve his fallen brass knuckles, he noticed (suddenly) that bending over any more than how he normally stood would send pain shooting through his veins.

"Well huh." Vincent said, brushing off the intense pain as best he could (though the exertion it took to keep from shouting was evident on his face). "Guess we got rid of that Michael fellow pretty easily... Everyone else alright? Arin, Luca, Hitori, Robert? All good, everyone?"

Robert smiled at Vincent. "Well, I don't like speakin for everyone, but I think the rest of us are fine. It's you who needs a bit of help."

With Luca's help, Arin popped up from the floor. She first took a step back from the adventurer and looked away because of his previous lecherousness. But then she saw the neat hole Vincent's pants and looked away from that too, blushing.

"Maybe we need a PA in this group."

"It'd be handier than using me as a ballistics shield; that's for sure-GODDAMN BURNING BUNNIES!" Vincent ducked to the floor as a 10mm bullet whizzed past his head. Vincent came up with his own Hand Cannon and fired into the doorway; satisfying himself with the sound of metal shattering composite materials. He looked up...

To see none other than Sergeant Ames staring dumbstruck at her empty hand.

"Alissa, what the fuck?" Vincent gaped as an angry Alissa stomped towards him.

"That gun cost me four months' salary! How do you expect me to make that amount again now that I've been discharged?!"

"Discharged?" Vincent looked confused as he stumbled back to his feet. "Damn, what did you do?'

"I was nearly executed for 'assisting rogue elements' in the facility; meaning your ass just put me out of a job!" Ames stood on her tip-toes in an attempt to look intimidating although she only came up level with Vincent's collarbone. Vincent was dumbstruck.

"... The private sector is booming, I hear." Vincent deadpanned. Ames sighed, grumbling something before heading off the other way, but not before tossing the all-access card onto the ground in front of Vincent.

"I don't need the thing anymore." Alissa shouted as she sprinted back up the stairs.

Vincent looked around at the various stares he garnered as he picked up the card.

"... What? She's just in a huff because I stole the Junker from her."

Robert, after a moment of stunned silence, laughed. "Wow, Vincent, you know how to piss off the wrong people."

"Look, Robert." Vincent's face was stern, scolding, and lacking much but pain and a forced smile. "I've been sliced open like a fish for the first time in two years and it's been a long day, so I would very much prefer it if we could get this mission over with so I can go back to base and take a nap." He holstered his Hand Cannon.

"So until that happens, I'm going to kill what I have to, break what I have to, until this psychotic bastard Cain stops threatening my home- and more importantly my beer and my shuttle."

Robert seemed to cringe under Vincent's glare, but his indomitable spirit soon came back. "Alright, let's do it then. Last one to get a shot at this Cain loser buys the first round of drinks back home!" He hoped that the promise of a free drink might bring some sort of a smile to the tall ID-Sol's very, very angry face.

Well, that perked up Vincent's spirits.

"Get ready to pay up, Robert, because it's down between me and the Captain to plug him first!"

"Okay you two, let's focus on the mission," Luca gave Vincent a pat on the back, and the other syringe of Painkiller, "This'll make you ignore the pain."

Luca took a look at Alissa and gave her a nod of acknowledgement, "Ma'am, do yourself a favour and evacuate the facility before another explosion, well - explodes and gets you in it," He walked over to the other door out of the interrogation room and peeked his head out, spotting stairs leading up, further down the corridor, "See if you can tell that to your men, too! Let's move it!"

He moved out into the corridor and realised that he only had his pistol for the next firefight he had to deal with. Bugger... He thought to himself, Gotta make due with what I've got...

Hitori followed, "Luca, how are you going to take on the rest of the Reds guarding this base with just a pistol?" She questioned as she pulled out her own revolver, "Your shotgun is wrecked."
"Simple," Luca stated, "Shoot them before they can shoot at us."

Robert grinned back at Vincent. He hoped to not have to pay of course, but what the hell? If it came down to it, he'd probably have bought a full round for this group anyway. That didn't mean that he wasn't going to try to make Vincent pay for them. "So, where to next boss?" he asked Luca as he followed Luca into the corridor.

"Well, Alissa dropped her all-access card," Vincent said, "So I'm guessing we just go through all of the high-security doors until some jacked-up freak attacks us..."

Vincent turned to Luca and looked at him strangely for a second, noting the broken shotgun. He rummaged through his armory before coming up with his Hand Cannon; the rough maple handle nearly dwarfing both of his Captain's. He twirled the gun so that the aforementioned massive handle pointed toward Luca.

"Your shotgun's busted, skipper. Use my hand cannon; it's got more punch than that 10mm. Granted that it may not be as accurate, but hey- take what you can get."

Luca held up the impressively large Hand Cannon. Over half a metre long and with enough punch behind each even larger bullet to ruin anybody's day.

"Intimidating," Luca observed as he held it with two hands and continued up the stairs with Hitori, Arin, Vincent and Robert in tow.
The one half the crew continued up the stairs and through oddly empty corridors, then heard another set of footsteps. Both sets of footsteps stopped, and leaped in front of each other with weapons raised.

"Oh, sorry." Sebastian's voice and his revolver lowered as she found that the other half of the group were the footsteps.
"I thought we'd go ahead and, well storm the castle..." Mel said while the hand that wasn't holding her customised rifle went for the back of her head.
John had come in with a bandage covering his entire face, save for the eyes, ears and hair, so he could still wear his sunglasses, "We fought some crazy octogenarian, amazonian bitch with an axe - she tested it out, on my face." He said flatly while cradling his rifle, "Sebastian punched her - a lot. I didn't know your old man did boxing."
Mitch emerged from around the corner with his crossbow, "It was his own fault he couldn't dodge it," He commented about John while raised a detonator, with a sick smile on his face, "Just kill Cain and we'll blow this place back to hell."

"Perfect," Luca said as he walked over to John with a half smile, "I take it you're gonna need Jim's help when you get back?"
"Shuddup." John mumbled with a sigh.

"What'd you all find out?" Luca asked the other half of his crew.
"Cain intends to launch his virus as a series of missiles. Within each one is an active ingredient. When the ingredients react with each other, it creates the virus on each planet," Sebastian said while holding up a diskette, "The missiles have already been launched, and it'll be 50 hours until it gets there. Luckily, I have a copy of the flight paths. We'll send it back to SAINT and the IPG, and they'll shoot it out in the middle of space and contain it."

"Great," Luca replied "I've found that the living conditions here are substandard, the staff are easily misled, and that we've got enough technology here to build something - courtesy of Arin," Luca held up the access-all-areas card, "And we can go anywhere we want in here. Now gimme that diskette."

Luca put up his communicator and slid the diskette in. The contents came up on screen and he sent them to the IPG and SAINT with the following message to both:

I've found out how the virus intends to come here. Interspace Missiles - and my team have found the flight paths for each missile, they're attached to this message.

I've also sent this data to your neighbour across the spacelanes. Now play nice, you two: You have a common goal to protect your respective planets.

He ejected the disk and closed his Communicator, "Where to?"
"Elevator," Sebastian said, pointing down the corridor from which he came, "We can get to Cain's Throne room."

"Then I guess this is where I thank Alissa for dropping the card..." Vincent strode over to the door of the elevator, which asked him for a passcard. Vincent swept his all-access card under the reader and the access hatch slowly swung open.

"Glad, she didn't blow your brains out first." Robert quipped as he jumped into the elevator, anticipating Vincent's attempted grab for his throat. "Let's get going!" he called from the "safety" of the elevator, forgetting that it was a just another corner that he lead himself into, as an easy target of Vincent's wrath.

Everyone crowded into the elevator, which was only fit for 12 people. Luca, John, Mel, Mitch, Hitori, Vincent, Arin, Robert, Sebastian and all of their weapons were feeling pretty cosy in the diminutive space. Accompanying the crew was some tinny elevator music to break the tension.

"I'm ripe with anticipation," Luca said as the doors shut.
John tried to sniff the air through his bandages, "I thought I'd smelt something," John half-joked.
"Give it a rest, you two!" Mel had put her rifle over her shoulder, grabbed the duo's heads and smashed them together with a hollow BONK! sound, "You're worse than children!"
Sebastian and Hitori chuckled to themselves while Luca nursed the bump on his head. John didn't seem to be affected. It was hard to tell how contorted his face was from the pain.

The number 1 changed to 2, then 3, 4, and then 5. Ding, the elevator chimed. The door would take a moment to open...
"Guns out, people," Luca said as he raised the handcannon with both hands. Mel and John pulled out their Zen-Arms .45 Pistols, Hitori and Sebastian put up their .22 and .44 revolvers, respectively.

Robert whipped out his pistol and somersaulted from the elevator, rolling to a crouch with his pistol still at ready as he scanned the room the elevator had opened onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back