• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 5, Aftermath (3rd day, afternoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Retired Staff
GSS Mokuren, Yuumi-class Battleship
Three days after the "Battle of the Blue Rift"

It had been an few hours since lunch, and Asher had himself up to his neck in various antics and playful, childish pranks. The soldier was no ideal representative, considering his lack of maturity in these relaxed situations. Still, he had had his fill of what trouble he could cause, and now that his food had settled, his stomach seemed ready for the next plan of the day. It was nothing of disgust, nor was it something particularly medical, but instead it was about the person who was being treated in the Medical. She was a person that the young adult of a Westwood had been meaning to speak to for the past day or so.

As Asher walked into the medical laboratory, his stomach began to remind him of his unease in clinics and hospitals. His own innate aversion to Kotori also played a factor, reminding himself of how the Taisa's rank, station, and power put him at unease. Luckily for him, when he asked someone for the rooms which the wounded rested within, he was directed out of the med-bay. Instead, he decided to query the KAMI and get digital direction straight to the captain's meager quarters. He followed the mappings until he found himself at the hall where the doors to the various convalence rooms were, and then saw the small arrow, reading out in his digital brain onto one specific room.

The usually brave and barbaric Malifarian had to think when he found himself staring at the door, wonder how exactly she would take to being interuptted by a Santo-Hei. He just needed to watch himself, his simple mind reassured him. Make a proper tone, drop the boss nonsense, and go in, as one should address a Taisa. So, he knocked, and announced himself.

"Taisa..." Asher stopped there, trying to compose his next words carefully, "Are ya--..." He cleared his throat. "Are you accepting visitors?"

There was a silent pause after he spoke, almost enough for him to wonder if she was asleep, before he heard his Taisa reply: "You may as well come in. The door isn't locked."

Fuck, I should queried 'dat, too. tensed the Malifarian, considering the implications of waking a sleeping psionic. He brought a fist to mouth to clear his throat again, and tapped it against his chest some, to knock some of the nervousness out of himself. Nice and slow.

"Alright, I'm coming in," said Asher, his voice somewhat restrained, if not more proper. He made his entrance, stepping inside, and then closed the door behind him.

The Taisa's quarters were much like those he had originally found himself resting aboard the Mokuren. Hospital bed with white sheets. Drawer. A small table by the bedside with a bowl of air-browned apple slices in it. A foldable chair set up next to the bed where Yukari had left it. A sundry assortment of medical instruments over the corner of the room to monitor the patient's condition. There was also the curtain-covered opening leading to a small bathroom including sink, toilet and bathtub.

Kotori was sitting up in the bed, clad in a white dove-gray yukata that was much cleaner than the last such bathrobe he had seen her fight in. Her dark hair was slightly mussed from sleep and she was looking at him with the small eyes of someone whom had just woken up.
"Asher Westwood," she said aloud, making a point of speaking his name-surname in reverse-order to the usual in Yamataian, more in the Norfolk-Nepleslian fashion. She gestured him to the chair nearby chair with one pale hand. "Would you like to sit?"

"Yes ma'am." replied Asher, his eyes looking at the chair carefully, before scanning the rest of the room. He took a deep breath, trying to calm whatever stiffness he felt in his blood, before walking to the seat and carefully sitting. He did seem awfully stiff, but it was his best shot at being proper.

Kotori regarded the Malifarian as he settled down and her amber eyes wandered around until they set themselves over the fruit bowl Yukari had brought by proxy for Tom. She eyed the browned appled slices a moment before reaching out, seizing the bowl to then offer it to the soldier. "Would you like some?"

No, went Asher, his lips silenced at that as his blood-red eyes look down at the slices. He was still rather full from lunch, but his mother always told him to accept the food provided by hosts. That rule might've applied in this situation, he wasn't sure, but he decided to play it safe.

"Thank you, ma'am." said Asher, taking one of the ripened apple slices in his hands, giving her a nod before sticking it in his mouth. The taste itself made his stomach sour, and his brain began to berate him on the decision. He fought through it none-the-less, and finished up the slice. "You're looking much better than when I last saw you."

"I am not all cut-up and covered in bloody rags and scabs, if that is what you mean," Kotori smoothly returned, resting the apple bowl back to the low table.

"Ah... yes." was the man's reply, rubbing his gloved fingers together as quietly considered that response. "Well, you look less... injured... being all covered in bloody rags... and scabs... and..." This was getting hard for him. "I thought it suited someone leading the charge, yeah?"

The nekovalkyrja briefly smirked before her expression smoothened in a mask of studied neutrality. She returned Asher a nod and then placed her hands over where her thighs were under the bedsheets before leaning forward into a bow.

"I would like to thank you for saving my life, Westwood-Hei," she told him.

"Eh? All I did was pull a'sword outta' y'--..." Asher stopped at that, his fingers tightening on his knees. His own expression came out a little studied as well, but more of the cramming sort where one has no time to do so. He noticed that she had changed the subject rather abruptly there, but it probably wasn't all that wise to pursue it. "Thank you, Taisa." went the Malifarian, finally, nodding his head forward considerately, "I have to... uh... apologize, if I'm not sure whatch-- what you mean." The soldier allowed himself to chuckle, "It seemed you had the situation perfectly at hand when I arrived, you were very capable throughout the battle."

Kotori straightened and regarded Asher a moment. Unlike conversations with other crewmembers that felt more... spontaneous... it felt like she always left him waiting a moment as she considered how she would respond. "You misunderstand me."

"Extricating me from the wall by pulling out my sword, finding my other lost weapon and assisting in mending my hurts are favors worth thanking you for," she elaborated, "but I refer to your service to me beyond when you fought against Eve and her lieutenants aboard Miharu, and then beyond when you went out with the team that would confront the Infection Queen."

"I had the ability to stave off the Infection Queen's predations upon your minds to a degree," Kotori told him. "But it was a downhill struggle for me. I saved you so the Black Knights could confront her, but your exploits in turn contributed to saving me as well as everyone else."
"So," the Taisa's slightly iridescent amber eyes looked into Asher's red ones before she pointedly repeated: "Thank you for saving my life. Thank you for coming through for me."

It was a lot to consider, to take in. When the Malifarian did reflect upon that battle only a few days ago, he noticed that he went though hell in all of that. He had the choice to refuse, the option of sitting out and avoiding death, but he rode through all of it. The appreciation for it though, caused his heart to seize up a little. His cheeks gained a little red-tint, and his face turned to a slightly bashful expression, tied together with a big dumb grin. The rough fingers of his hands inter-twined and idly played, before he offered his response.

"Aw, boss, y'too kind." went Asher, neglected the forced etiquette, but he waved his hand at that. "Y'don' have t'thank me f'all that. Punchin', kickin', n'screamin's been my thing since I wass'a baby, m'Momma' cn'vouch f'that. It was tough, yeah, n'I got laid up in tha' med-bay f'a awhile, but take out all tha' tragic parts and it seemed t'be pretty fun!" His grin came wider at that. "Squarin' off 'gainst tha' biggest bads in tha' universe? Then gettin' biggest bad, n'bringin' 'er in like a trophy? Thass' insult n'injury packed t'gether wit' a lil' red-bow, boss. I was glad t'be apart of tha' operation."

Sympathy flickered in Kotori's eyes around the point Asher brought up his mother. She returned a sedate nod and then offered: "Melisson was right when she identified you as something of a misfit. She was sensing whom you are, but she did not make up that impression you got about the two of you being kindred spirits."

She paused and then carefully asked: "Now that this is done and over with, considering that I no longer have a command of my own... what are your plans?"

That question put a visible damper on the man's jovial expression. His head tilted forward, his eyes looking towards the floor. He still couldn't wrap his mind around the whole 'kindred spirits' thing Melisson had surprised him with, and Kotori had brought up, but it was of little concern compared to her following words. Asher spent a moment staring at the floor, his mind drawing a blank to the question. His hand came together in a pray-like unity and he brought them to his lips.
"I... I don't know... I can't go back to tha' life I had. T'tha' lif--..."

"I'm afraid there would be little for you to return to in any case," Kotori interrupted him, the nekovalkyrja's ears drooping as she gently shook her head. "The last I heard, your alter-ego's whereabouts are unknown. You also have no family left to go back to; both your mother and younger sister have passed away. You... have a blank slate to start from here on in."

The news was unexpected, nor was the interruption. Asher's eyes had flicked up at Kotori, almost looking as he had betrayed him in some way at the mention of his family's death. It was not easy to take. He had already had to accept he'd never see them again, but to know that they already passed? Even little Oshi? The Malifarian's head dipped once more, breaking the stare, and quietly fighting back the emotions that surged into him. It hurt so much, much more than knowing he was alone. Still, he exhaled a bit, hiccuping just above the tears, before glancing back up at her, before throwing his gaze back down onto the floor.

"Had t'relive m'dad's death two days ago, too... Heh..." said the man trying to lighten that blow the best he could. His hand covered up one of his eyes while the other rested over his knees. "One hell of... of a triple whammy, eh? Eh... Heh heh heh..."

"I know," Kotori answered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I know about your father, how you sometimes came up home to your mother, and the bar fight," she confided. "There is not much I can tell you about your mother and your sister - all I had was the 'deceased' next to their names. But-" she looked to the side. "I felt it was important to know that in this regard that you did not come secondplace to the first one, wherever he might be if he still lives."

She looked back towards Asher. "It is alright to cry," she kindly assured him. "You do not have to hold it in. They were precious to you."
Silence followed that, before looking up at her, a single tear streaming down his cheek. Unlike his usual self, the rambunctious and wild man was considerably wounded at this point. Still, he couldn't allow himself any more tears, it just wasn't how he operated, not since that one day, almost twenty years ago.

"We've all lost stuff precious to us, boss," said Asher, his head wavering a bit to look away, before meeting her eyes again. "Some lost some stuff, items n'shit... Some of us lost people, people we can never forget even if we tried... N'some of us lost what lil' precious humanity we got. When y'take out every lil' thing that makes you, y'see juss' how easily y'cn break wit'out all that support." He let out a pained breath, stuck his knuckle to his teeth, biting the skin lightly. "F'some of us, boss. Tha' strength we got t'hold it t'getha' iss' tha' only thing we got left."

Kotori nodded, respecting his choice, before returning to her earlier question. "Then what are your plans? Will you assume the identity of your missing original?"

"N'aw." replied Asher, taking another deep breath before sitting up straight in the chair, his hands back to his knees, gripping them for a little support. "My old self comes walkin' in, then all hell breaks loose, nI'm tha' one who'll get bit f'that." He looked at the fruit bowl, suddenly reminded of the slight queasiness brought from over-eating, and his expression pained.

"N'aw," he repeated, "There ain't nothin' left f'me in that old identity, save f'tha' memories. An' I'cn take those wit' me whereever I go. So, like you said, boss." His eyes turned to her, before rubbing the eye that had betrayed him, "A clean slate. I ain't sure how I'm gunna' live past 'dis, an I ain't sure if I got much a'future if SAINT figya's me out, but tha' last thing I'm gunna' do is roll ova' n'die."

Kotori nodded. Unbeknownst to Asher, she could relate some: she too had been cloned and brought to life while her original still lived. More lightly, she asked: "So, who will you be from here on in? Wolf Eastwood?"

"Eastwood, huh? Like Easterwood, eh? That sounds pretty legit." said Asher, taking a liking to the name, also unbeknownst to the fact that Kotori wasn't all that serious. "It ain' Jhuniata, but I always thought dat' name wass' stupid, anyway. But wolf? Iss' propriate, but eh... Too... Fantasy f'my taste." However, Asher seemed to take it seriously himself.

Kotori's pointed ears perked up in surprise - she had really meant that as a jest - before she followed along. "If you like the ring of it... perhaps replace the first letter of 'Wolf' by the last from 'Asher'?"
"Hey hey hey!" said Asher, pointing at the clever commander, "Thass' not a bad idea! Rolf. Iss' short, sturdy, n'to tha' point. Rolf Eastwood, I like it. It ain't completely different, so it still kinda ties me back 'ome, but ain't the exact thing. I guess I cn'juss drop tha' middle name bit," He brought a hand to his chin thoughtfully, the depressing conversation, and the world for that matter, completely forgotten with his new interest. ", mos' people in Yamatai don' have middle names, it'll be a lil easia' t'throw off people who wonda' a lil' too much." He grinned at Kotori, "Thanks, Koto-boss!"

Kotori cordially nodded back, happy for the man's renewed spirits at the prospect of his new life. "You are most welcome."

"Y'know, I was pretty nervous. Comin' in 'ere t'talk t'ya, boss. I wasn' sure how it'd turn out." said Rolf, rubbing his chin, the spike of hair there bending upwards a little bit. He decided to leave out the part where he considered the fact she might shoot him, since it wouldn't help the situation any. "But I'm glad I came t'speak witcha'. Livin' past all 'dis has been plaguin' my brain since I pinched m'way outta' tha' medical bay."

She gave him a blank look at the 'pinching' part, but figuring she probably did not want to know, she instead smiled slightly and asked: "Is there anything else you wished to see me for?"

Rolf gave that one a little thought, before turning a curious stare back on Kotori.

"Yeah, actually, am I allowed t'know what exactly y'gunna do t'Melisson otha' than kill her?" asked the Yamataian man, his fingers tightening on his knees.

"That one was decided for me," Kotori began drolly before adding a more sober: "It appears we will present her to Taisho Yui when we will be debriefed. Suzuka-Shosa believes strongly that presenting her so will make our return home less... complicated."

"Complicated seems t'be part a'this job, boss." commented Rolf at that, rolling his hand on his wrist. "It ain't my place t'question tha' wisdom a'my superia's. I been at this f'bout tree' years, boss, five or so if y'count all tha' time my soul spent in reserve. Yuka-boss iss' 'bout twice that, n'I respect her, but I don't like this. I seen' what Melisson does t'people, what she does t'there minds. I know you know she's a monsta', an' despite our own safety, I'd feel a lot betta' if we juss' flooded 'dat tank full a'plasma." He rubbed his head, heaving a weighted sigh, "Anything that cn'turn a man 'gainst tha' people he's trusted f'years n'make'm think they're his worst enemy, n'do it wit'out remorse? Thass' somethin' that doesn't need t'exist."

"I understand," the Taisa sincerely returned - but the same two word assurance were also no commitment to follow on her subordinates' opinion. "At this time, I chose to follow on Suzuka-Shosa's judgment on the matter. Melisson's capture was an effort earned from much sacrifice on the part of my crew. If patience and tolerance on my part could possibly make it up to them, then that's the course I will - at this time - follow."

"I gotcha, boss." said Rolf, nodding at that with a little sigh. "I cn'see where y'comin' from. It ain't my business t'be throwin' them kinda' words around, but I wanted t'hear y'own reasons." He leaned back in his chair, and looked towards the ceiling, reflecting on that momentarily before sitting back up straight. "I appreciate ya bein' straight wit' me. I been kinda' in tha' dark 'bout some a'this since I woke up, n'I been learnin' little by little." He stretched his legs, and shifted himself, getting a little comfortable, but also prepping himself for departure. "Otha' than that? I can't think a nothin' else that ain't appropriate t'tha' situation, or someone a'yo status."

"Very well," Kotori lied back, neatly resting her head back on her pillow. "If that was all, I would like to get some rest."

"A'course." said Rolf, pushing himself up out of his chair and dusting his bottom off. "I ain't been gettin' much rest m'self, what wit' hangin' wit' Gunny all tha' time." He handed that comment off-hand, knowing that overt vulgarity was a no no in the presence of a Ketsurui Princess. He turned his gaze towards the door, "But uh, just one last thing 'fore I go, boss."

"Yes?" Kotori asked from her supine vantage.

The Malifarian straightened himself and offered a salute to her.

"Iss' been an honor t'be at'cha service, Taisa Ketsurui Kotori," a little pride brimmed over with that as Rofl spoke. "I nevah' thanked ya' personally f'pullin' my ass out of the fire at Taiie, but I wantcha' t'know that I'll always remembah what you, and this crew have done f'me, ma'am."

"I appreciate that, but I'd rather you focus on remembering what you did with us," the nekovalkyrja princess smiled. "This is a new beginning for you, Rolf Eastwood... but we nekovalkyrja tend to see the crew of our ships almost like family. You may not have any Westwoods to return to, Rolf-san, but know that you are not alone."

Rolf's eyes watered over with tears at that, as Kotori's words were unexpectedly powerful in a tender area of his heart. He bowed deeply, breaking the tears down his cheeks to let them quickly trail down to his chin and to the floor. With how held that pose, he seemed unable to speak much further as the tears came out in force.

"Th-... Thank you." he said weakly, before rising, grinning through what tears had shed over his face, "I w-... I won't keep you any longer." He turned at that, and made his was way to the door, his hand coming up to his face to hold back any further display of that emotion he stowed away so much.

"Be proud of those tears, Rolf," Kotori faintly said to herself as she closed her eyes. "You have earned them."

END

The better part of an hour after Asher had left, Miyoko arrived at Kotori's door. She paused outside of it, taking a few moments to gather her thoughts—Yukari's little revelation earlier had sort of distracted her from thinking about her upcoming visit to Kotori, and she had to get back into the right mindset. Once she felt prepared, she knocked gently on the door. She didn't want to interrupt Kotori if she was sleeping, after all.

Miyoko took a moment to compose herself before stepping in. "Good afternoon, Taisa," she greeted Kotori with a smile. She might not have been back in perfect shape just yet, but compared to Miyoko's last memories of Kotori during the fight, the woman looked damn near pristine. "I tried to visit everybody yesterday, so I thought I'd try to drop in on you today since it wasn't possible then."

Kotori was sitting in her hospital bed, her back cushioned by a pillow that had been propped up, and her hands - one over the other - rested atop where her lap would be had it not been blanket covered.

She looked wan - paler than her usual porcelain pale - but Kotori seemed alert enough so that Miyoko was reasonably sure she had not woken her commanding officer up. That, and how her black hair was straight and pristine rather than struck with a case of bedhair (which was amazing to say the least: Kotori got in and out of hell, and still managed to get her maintenance-heavy hair looking perfect?).

"Miyoko, I am very glad to see you," the black-haired nekovalkyrja said - obviously informally - her smile slight but the warmth in her eyes undeniable. Then concern marred her face and she more gingerly asked: "How is the neck?"

Miyoko winced at the question and reached back, self-consciously rubbing at the back of her neck for a moment. "It's... far better than it has any right to be. I understand that the prognosis for broken necks is usually a little more severe," she said, joking weakly as she closed the door and crossed the room to take a seat by Kotori's bed. She took a moment to inspect the nekovalkyrja up close, checking her for any signs of the injuries she'd taken as she boiled herself alive. She wasn't surprised to not see any after days of medical attention, but still, it was a load off her mind.

"It looks like you're healing up well, too." Miyoko trailed off with a frown. "I hope they haven't tried taking a backup of you or anything. With all the clamor in the first day or two, I forgot to warn the Mokuren's medical staff about your peculiarities."

"Too late for that," Kotori deadpanned back, eyerolling. "I tried to warn them, but Suzuki-Shoi decided to exercise her 'I know better than my patient' expertise and go with it anyways. I was groggy, so I couldn't make much of an argument until the hardware made it for me."

The Taisa then silently pantomined something exploding with both her hands, silently mouthing 'poof'.

"It might have actually been funny had it not for the brainscan feeling like an electric shock, and the automatic fire sprinklers sheeting down cold water in reaction to the hardware going up in smoke."

Miyoko had to stifle a laugh at the mental image of a dour, water-soaked Kotori with a smoking backup unit seated on her head. A strangled squeak still forced its way between her lips before she managed to get it under control. "Well, if nothing else, you taught her a very important lesson about caretaker/patient relations," she said with a smirk, then grew a little more serious. "Even if the details about your body have to stay classified, I was remiss for not putting a note in your medical file that you are not to be backed up, so I'm sorry that had to happen. It never occurred to me what might happen if you needed treatment from somebody outside the ship."

"Still, I think we all owe our survival to that body of yours, so I'm grateful that you've been able to put up with its drawbacks."

"Drawbacks," Kotori repeated before giving Miyoko a wan smile. "I think it is more an issue of its strengths presenting constraints I never expected I would have to deal with. When we consider how me bearing up with it meant out collective continued survival, it makes any feeling of discontent at 'limitations' seem petty."

She took a deep breath, let it out, and looked down at her own folded hands. "Miyoko, do I... ah... seem 'larger than life' to you?"

Miyoko frowned at the question as she considered it. "Well..." she finally began carefully, "It seems to me that you've led an extraordinary life, certainly... but larger than life? I'm not sure. But then, I don't know if anybody really is when you get down to it. It's hard to view anybody as a mythical figure when you eat breakfast with them every day." She gave a shrug. "My philosophy has always been that people are people."

Kotori looked back up at Miyoko. "I never was lazy. I always had a sense that if I could apply effort for something, I could prevail at it. Others could fail, but I had faith that I could make my vision of how I want things to be happen. If it didn't happen even then, I'd just try harder."

"But I never expected that mindset to carry me so far through such pivotal circumstances," Kotori said, before eyeing Miyoko. "Probably just as much as you expected to broaden your professional repertoire with being a part-time nurse, a computer software expert, an intelligence analyst and a power armored infantry soldier; and be implicated in what we went through too."

Miyoko nodded and rubbed at the back of her neck. "If any of us had actually thought that hard work, skill, and dedication alone could carry us this far, we probably would have been diagnosed with mental illness. So to directly answer your earlier question, I think it would be most accurate to say that you were... an ordinary person in extraordinary circumstances. Maybe the same can be said about all of us."

Kotori gave Miyoko a blank look for a second before the points of her furry ears perked up. She asked: "Are you proposing we have Nyton examined for mental illness?"

It took Miyoko's mind a moment to connect 'Nyton' back to the far more familiar 'Claymere.' "Well, if he'd told most medical officers that a single light escort was going to pull off everything we did over the last mission, they probably would have had him committed," she pointed out with a soft laugh. "I guess I'm not very good at reveling in victory. But, I think it's good to remember that we're still fallible."

Kotori nodded, giving a wry smile in return, and followed with asking Miyoko: "You said you visited other members of the crew. How are they doing?"

Miyoko relaxed a bit once the rather more straightforward question was out. "Everybody I spoke to seems to be doing as well as can be expected... people are maybe a little more emotional than usual, but I think it's just a healthy form of recovery after all we've been through. If you haven't spoken to Su--er, Yukari." Miyoko faltered for a moment. Speaking of her superior officers... or anybody, really... in a casual manner was still a skill she was cultivating. "... yet today, keep an eye out for her."

That was as far as she was going to go on that tidbit--she didn't want to ruin Yukari's surprise, after all. "Speaking as a medical officer, though, I'm a little worried about the crew after all we've been through. It's obvious that some people are shaken up after losing friends and their home... for some of the sprites, the only place they've really ever lived."

Kotori nodded. "I can think of better ways for young sprites to mature other than being pitched in some of the worst fighting ever presented to a Yamataian soldier, and being uprooted out of what they'd consider their home."

The Taisa reflected on that and asked Miyoko: "Have you talked to Tom about this? He's the one assuming the caretaker role and he's typically one of the more affable and compassionate members of the crew - a lot of sprites - them being assigned to technical duties - look up to him."

Miyoko nodded at the suggestion. "I'll mention it to him... although he seems empathetic enough that he'll probably pick up on it himself."

She hesitated after that statement, with the low hum of medical equipment as the only sound for a few seconds. "It's not the most pleasant subject, but... I've been wanting to ask you about the battle. What happened in the decontamination chamber." She shifted uncomfortably as the memories came back to her. "I still haven't gotten the full story. Ayumu told me that you'd done something, and they told me later that my death had been announced. I'm still not sure exactly what happened, though."

"Ah," Kotori blinked in both a 'I should have seen this coming' and 'How do I explain that?' expression of confusion. "Well..."

"The Ghost Mishhuvurthyar snapped your neck and you were mortally wounded," she began explaining, and softly continued with: "I felt that by tapping into the Infection Queen's power, I could save you... so I acted on the possibility. First I extracted the mishhu broodlings from your body. Then I undid the damage done to your neck. Finally, I jump-started your brain to convince it that it wasn't dying."

The explanation felt simplified, as if Kotori had trouble putting it into words.

Miyoko listened patiently to Kotori's explanation, then gave a slow nod afterward. "I see... I thought it was something like that, but I couldn't take not knowing for sure. That's more power and control than I thought you'd have access to, especially while shielding the entire ship. Although seeing what it did to your body, I'm not sure if 'control' is the right word."

Miyoko let out a sigh and silently contemplated her near death for a moment before continuing. "I know there were some pragmatic reasons to keep me alive at the time, but... still, thank you. This is the second time somebody's taken a bullet for me on the Miharu, and I hope I can make it the last."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back