• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Miharu Mission 5, Aftermath (8th day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yui said:
"Perhaps one way to think of it is this: What better gift can I give you than to let you turn this war around?" Yui asked Kotori. "Very well. You are given the acting rank of Taisho. Your orders are to defend Yamatai. Trap the Mishhuvurthyar fleets in the system and destroy them. Eight days ago you faced the biggest fight of your life. Today, it is Yamatai's turn to face its test. I could not be more proud of the officers under my command. Kotori, Hanako, Suzuka, Claymere, all of your crews. I am confident in you."
Yukari did not skip a heartbeat, even while bowing as Yui left, before issuing new orders to the fleet. Mistress-Taisho be damned.

"All Draconian Fleet vessels, regroup and return to formation! Let your IES units help balance groups toward fleet bombardments! Torpedo boats, reload with aetheric warheads but prepare anti-matter rounds for later. The likelyhood of civilian targets is extremely high; make sure all warheads are set for precision, not areas!

"All armors and starfighters, return to your motherships' CFS bubbles and hold position. Fighters and bombers with anti-starship weaponry should prepare for bombing runs against capital vessels. Targeting data will be fed to you en route.

"We make ready for home! Our adversary awaits!"

She was about to run out of Hoshi and back to the Mokuren, wanting to maximize the time left before the counter-invasion began. She stopped, however, when she saw Kotori with Hanako.

She took an "at ease" stance and waited. "Taii-san, Hinoto-san, we make ready for home as part of a counter-invasion fleet against the NMX. Please ready Hoshi and the crew."

Sune had followed in Hanako's wake as she initiated the data transfer, he was uncertain how long it was going to take. Yamatai under attack, I always knew it was possible, but for Yui to speak so casually about it. Granted I do not have the vested emotional attachment to it. But it is the Capital of the Empire, we need to get ready for battle. He was about to ask Hanako if she wanted to abort the mission to the surface of Nataria, when she turned and walked back towards the others.

When Hanako returned to Yui and the others he followed but stopped several meters away. Even to him it was apparent that this was a family moment, and that he was an outsider. He took a moment to wonder how Hanako would react if she was given her request to see Melisson. Until he knew what Hanako had planned, he sent a message to the away team, putting them on hold for a moment.

MEGAMI Charisma informed Hanako that the data transfer was now complete. With a salute to acting Taisho Kotori, Hanako turned and went back toward the Eucharis, stopping for Sune. "Please get the cable," she directed him. "I think we may deploy to Nataria and send the ship to Yamatai under command of Blueberry. Thoughts?"

Sune nodded at Hanako's request. "Deploying the Eucharis would be risky, there would be only a minimal crew. But the situation is grave enough to warrant the risk. After all what is the cost of one gunship or the entire squadron when weighed against the population of the Capital." he answered as walked to the connection and ensured that the link was shutdown, and then disconnected the cable. He then started back towards the Eucharis airlock coiling the cable as he went.

Kotori spun around to look at Yukari. Anger simmered in the Ketsurui Princess' amber eyes, and even though that fury was not really meant for Yukari, it still was a bit arresting.

Kotori was rarely this furious. Kotori was rarely this composed when she was this furious.

"Stop panicking. Stop being frantic," she said, though the advice was almost an order. The Yukari was left watching after trailing black hair as Kotori stormed into the nearby medlab, slamming the door open and entering.

The entrance of his commanding officer cut off Rolf from the luxury of asking Melisson for more... and man, the Taisa looked pissed. Like, melt yamataium with a glare pissed.

"The Neo Mishhuvurthyar are attacking Yamatai itself," Kotori told Melisson. "Would that attacking fleet be lead by your rival, Reiaz?"

Melisson scoffed. "Oh no. Reiaz is quite the hunter and could fight on the front if he wanted, but he's too important to risk. Even an attack on Yamatai is not important enough, considering he has many other things on the warfront to coordinate. He probably seldom has the luxury of wandering away from Aetherus Haven much."

"You're probably dealing with one of his sycophant lieutenants, taking a big gamble to get the credit for taking a jewel like Yamatai," Melisson added.

"Who then?" Kotori demanded.

"My guess would be Sprufnikkamazzar," Melisson said, her overemphasis of 'guess' conveying that if that even if that wasn't the case, she was trying to be truthful.

"Who is he?"

"Sprufnikkamazzar is an elder amongst Mishhuvurthyar," Melisson explained. "He hatched from the first eggs my offsprings layed after liberating themselves - incubated in a PNUgen scientist no less - and he stood out for being quite cunning amongst other broodlings."

"He quickly rose to an advisor position that made him valuable to an Umbral warlord at the former Hukka capitol. He survived Hanako's bombing when his master did not. He had already been approached by Reiaz for intelligence just before-"

"I don't want an history lesson!" Kotori snapped.

Melisson briefly scrunched her nose. "He's been left in charge of the largest fleet under Reiaz's fighting force. He's one of Reiaz's best fleet commanders. He's also the one whom came up with the idea of repurposing my descendants into the Neo Mishhuvurthyars. By the same vein, Sprufnikkamazzar has a preference to assimilate rather than annihilate - despite Reiaz's doctrine - and he's had enough favor to carry that out. You can blame nekovalkyrja serving in the NMX on him."

Kotori slowly turned around to face the other three officers out of the door. "Then I will have the Black Knights kill him."

@Armor Bay:

Hinoto glanced to the side and then gave a sigh.

"If you pined for a clear-cut opponent... you're about to find that wish fulfilled. Yamatai's being attacked, and we're going there too."

The white-haired nekovalkyrja avatar then walked out of the armor bay.

Kotori's anger ran full force into Yukari's fear and overwhelmed it. The crackling energy of tension in the Neko's body was put out by Kotori's pair of statements, and her body, at least, seemed to relax.

Yukari's eyes flared green at Kotori's back, however, as the Taisa walked away. It was a brief, childish push back at someone who had just spoken a great deal of sense to her when she was being nonsensical.

Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to calm the hell down, and start issuing orders as a commander would, not a green scout captain.

"Kasami-Chujo, please meet me on the Mokuren bridge. Previous orders stand, but there is more to do."

"At once, Shosa," Erika replied. "Will the Hime-sama be joining you?"

"She will be along," Yukari sent. Erika affirmed and said she would be ready.

With that, Yukari turned and strode up to Tom, eyes still glowing. She stopped before him.

"We will save Ralt," she said, tone as stiff as a chunk of Daisy armor.

As soon as Rolf caught wind of Kotori's entrance, he immediately rolled to the side and to his feet, being unable to inquire further on Melisson's word. The soldier stood at silent attention, letting the two exchange words, and avoiding the look of the normally placid Taisa. Rolf knew better to run his mouth in front of a superior, much less Ketsurui royalty. Still, he kept his ears open, hearing every word lucidly. He learned that name of his potential enemy...

... Spruhfinakkakkamazashar...

... he hated these names.

Kotori slowly turned around to face the other three officers out of the door. "Then I will have the Black Knights kill him."
Kill? Battle!? War!?

"Oh hell fuckin' yeah! I'm ready f'this shit like a mishhu's ready t'violate!" blurted out Asher, his eyes glowing with excite after the utterance. His blue armored fist slammed together with a war-like crunk. The thrusters on his back made a little puff, making a short blast of air that knocked something off the table behind him. With that little display, he took a second to realize the outburst.

He cleared his throat, and stiffly returned to his stance of attention.

Nyton followed Kotori as she excused herself and burst in on Melisson. He was already eager to begin the new operation that would hopefully tip the balance of the war and the chance to kill another Umbral. The excited outburst by Rolf brought him to the Nepleslian's attention.

"Westwood, go and join Nakamura-Heisho to begin preparations for the operation." Nyton ordered both to initiate and to prevent further interruptions.

"Nakamura, gather up the Black Knights and begin preparations for an Armor strike." went out the telepathic summon.

"Kurohoshi-Juni, oversee the Black Knights and prepare for an Armor strike." he followed up.

"No," Kotori cut in, her attention switching to Nyton. "You can go, but only take volunteers with you. We only have a limited amount of MCAS frames, very limited supplies and teleport modules left... and those that go may not survive long enough for their teleporters to build up a charge even if they kill their target."

@Miyoko:

Hinoto returned to the bridge and made a short leap to land on the lower tier right behind Miyoko before she rounded her seat to sit down on it.

"We just learned that Yamatai was under attack," Hinoto informed the science officer. "The Taisa was officially given temporary command of the Second Draconian Fleet to help defend the homeworld."

"Well... it sounds like things got resolved for the short term, at least." That was a load off of Miyoko's mind. Their welcome back to civilization could have been far more hostile. Still, finding out that Yamatai was under attack wasn't exactly comforting. Just how badly have things gone since we've been out of contact...? Miyoko realized that she sorely needed to check up on the major news she'd missed, but it would have to wait.

"I assume we'll be deploying there as soon as we can?" she asked Hinoto once she'd had a moment to gather her wits.

Hinoto nodded as her fingers flew over her console. "Yes. Once I return Hoshi to the Mokuren's landing bay, the Taisa will likely use it as her command vessel. I'd expect she would choose to have a sizeable portion of ours forces move out to Yamatai then."

The small vessel spun around and coasted back toward the older Yuumi-class battleship.

There was a flash of shimmering teal as the First Fleet and First Expeditionary Fleet folded to Yamatai. At the same time, the forces of the Fifth Fleet were arriving to hold Nataria and to send down ground troops.

"Say nani?!"

Yuzuki was on her feet and at the door in only two strides.

"Yamatai's being attacked?" she continued, door propped open with a gauntleted hand, "What do you mean? Nee-san! That can't be possible!"

A dozen flashes of emotion paraded across the sprite's face. Disbelief, anger, sorrow, hopelessness. More disbelief. Frustration. Yuzuki let out a feral sound, somewhere between a growl and a wits-end yell, and leveled her knuckles on the bulkhead, which dinted under the Mindy's muscle.

"You can't be serious!"

Nyton said:
"Nakamura, gather up the Black Knights and begin preparations for an Armor strike." went out the telepathic summon.

Kai perked up at the mention of preparations for an armor strike, Having become lost within himself, not even trying to follow what had been going on, but, now, now they had to do something.

"Hai, Taii." came the swift response from the tall yamataian, before he quickly donned his customized, and now repaired Daisy armor, linking up to those Black Knights that were already armored, and calling out on his loudspeakers to those who were not.

"Black Knights! Suit up if you haven't already, prepare for an Armor strike, We've got business now!" he called out, Looking over what weapons they had available to them for the suddenly upcoming battle.

His heart raced as, even despite the battle to take Nataria they had just gone through, he became excited for the first time, as his mind registered exactly where they were going- Yamatai itself. The Homeworld was being attacked.

Kai had only been there few times, but still, His family, his culture, and his home were all part of that empire, and to have the 'heart' of the empire under attack was not something that he had wanted.

Badda badda beeda badda booda beeda... hummed Rolf in his head as floated on at high speeds to the acting armor bays. The soldier couldn't help but be jolly to the aspect of battle. Several days of warming beds, shuffling around equipment, and going through endless amounts of simulations were all ending to another pivotal moment.

No, screw that.

This was a fight, they were finally going to kill something! Rolf had been dying for this for days. The soldier made this known as swerved into the bay, high as a kite.

"Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah!" roared Rolf as he zoomed up into the air and landed solidly on his two feet. "It's time f'an ass-kickin' people! It's time to~..." He went lyrical for the next part, "~Kill some shiiiiit~" Even further, he went on into a sing-song tone, aloud so all could hear, dancing his merry way to a loader.

I'mma-- I'mma-- I'mma 'bout t'go shoot shit,
In tha'-- In tha'-- In tha' way thass' mos' fit!
Mishhu got tentacles and all dat' mess,
But I ain't worried cuz' I am tha' bess'!

Huh? he spun on his toes, pointing off to a random person.

Oh what, you ain't heard?
Rolf Eastwood's in this bird!
That foo's got all tha' style,
Killin' all the shit wit'in a mile!

He spun back around, dancing into the loader, and getting his load-out set for a standard Mindy.

Barbarian? What? What tha' hell you mean?
Dis' boys juss' a killin' machine!
Fuck yo' 'pinion's, fuck yo' bidness,
Rolf's tha' best he don't need yo rudeness.

"Nakamura we have limited supplies to launch a sortie with. Assemble only those who volunteer to deploy." Nyton added to his previous order. He then turned to face Kotori.

"Taisa I have begun mobilizing the Black Knights. Do you have any direct orders for me?" he then asked.

A light jolt announced that Hoshi had landed in the Mokuren's landing bay. Kotori motioned for Nyton to wait and then eyed back at Melisson.

"Where would he be?" She sharply demanded.

"He's been fond of using a Chiharu-class flagship that's called the Tiamat. If you sift through my data, you should be able to find its transponder code."

Kotori nodded, but then an idea struck her. The data they had retrieved from Melisson's room did not just have IFF codes; there was also a wealth of information on communication channels the NMX used - that was partly why the Second Draconian Fleet had been able to easily choke NMX communications during the fight for Nataria - but they could use that information in another fashion if they had credible presentation.

Kotori did not need to speak her mind, though. Melisson no doubt saw enough of Kotori's thoughts to speak first: "Oh, I like that idea," the interpreter said, smiling.

"So, you are willing?" Kotori gave the alien woman a wary look.

"I can appreciate that kind of deviousness," Melisson replied approvingly. "Sprufnikkamazzar has sold out his kind. The kind of death your Vaaker Takeup can deliver him is an appropriate end for where his has lead him."

Kotori eyed her prisoner dubiously. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could push air out of her lungs Melisson beat her to the argument: "If you come to regret the denouement of this battle, I will not be the cause of it. It is your idea and I am willing to back it. We face a common opponent: I wish him destroyed just as much as you do. You are, after all, using the Second Draconian Fleet in a very similar way as I would've wished it be used for."

"Alright," Kotori conceded and turned back to Nyton. "Taii, I want you to lead the volunteers. Hoshi will stay within Mokuren. I'll arrange for the Mokuren to come within point-blank range of the Tiamat and force-merge its shield bubble with the enemy flagship to give you the opening you need to teleport to its bridge."

"A Chiharu-class has anti-matter superheavy turrets: we won't last long shieldless against them. Your opening will be very brief and you'll need to take it before Mokuren moves off. Once inside the Tiamat, kill Sprufnikkamazzar and as much of his staff as possible. Seeing the Tiamat's shields and the Mokuren's will be up, you'll have to engineer your own means of escape."

Tom did not speak. His eyes found Yukari's, the shining gray orbs searching for something in her glowing green pools.

A moment passed, then his eyes closed, his expression tightening as if he had just tasted a bitter piece of fruit.

A warm sigh escaped him when his eyes reopened, the sparkle within them dulled a bit.

"...of course."

The tepid reply, delivered in at a volume that Yukari would have been unable to decipher had she not been Nekovalkyrja, made it hard to tell who the Raltean was talking to.

He turned to listen to the interrogation and the strategies laid out before him. He noticed the anger bubbling within Kotori and waited unti he was sure everything had been spoken before raising his own voice, his face a mask of professionalism once more.

"Taisa, will you be needing my services on Hoshi and Mokuren to assist with the creation of the shield bubble, or Taii, would you find it more strategically viable for me to lend my experience to the Black Knight's operation?"

Kotori listened to Tom's request for orders, her expression neutral, before flicking a glance back to Nyton. "Handle it."

She then walked past, leaving the Medlab and Melisson behind. Just in the middle of the corridor, though, she stopped.

"For Miharu is still my battlecry," she stated to no one in particular - the three officers behind her - as if she was thinking aloud. "We're still fighting for the legacy she left us. I am not stopping until I see it done."

Then she walked on, and left the ship.

"Of course, Taii." Kai responded, shaking his head slightly before redacting his prior request.

"Black Knights, I don't need all of you, I need a few volunteers. Those who want to go, please inform me immediately" he now called over the radio, picking up the default accessories for his Daisy, minus the missiles, as they didn't seem to have any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back