• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 7.0] Operation Payback (Prologue)

Errowyn entered her quarters, feeling relieved of not being in the spotlight, stripping the dirty clothing from her body, letting them drop to the floor behind her as she made her way to the shower to get cleaned up.

Relaxing in the shower, letting her mind wander out of control as she placed herself on automatic in getting herself clean.

Each mistake she did during the mission came to haunt her. Even her lack of skill with the DPA.

She growled as she realized she was being hard on herself much more than anyone could. How she survived such a mission was beyond her.

The list grew of mistakes she had made and dealing with them for corrective action to perform in the future. But definitely, she would get more practice with the DPA.

With a definite course of action, Samanthia shut the water off as the minute warning sounded that she was about to use up her daily water rations aboard the ship.

With angry movements, grabbing a towel and drying herself off, leaving behind the bathroom, leaving a trail of wet, drying footprints on the floor behind her and kicking her clothing into a pile in the corner to be dealt with later. Adding the used towel to the pile, turned and snagged a pair of sweats and pitting them on. Not bothering with sock, put on her running shoes.

Mission of mistakes, She snickered, it was a miracle that those that returned, survived, As she made her way to the Safety Valve to relax. Knowing there would be some grizzled Sergeant who knew the ins and out of the DPA to teach her on it.

After a quick jog to the Safety Valve, slowed to a walk and entered, looking over the nearly vacant establishment. Nodding to a fellow 21st pilot, Kenshin, as she made her way to get something to eat and drink.

Fabrication Bay

Walking around the item, he walked toward the front to notice the reflective 'dish' along with the forward 'boom', he wondered if those were part of some type of navigation array.

With a slight shrug of the shoudlers, he walked around the side and ran his hand along the side where he had removed a panel from this 'missile' during the previous mission. The panel wasn't on, thoug hit was on a nearby table.

He peered back inside, without the sphere he had a better view of what was in it but what he saw made him blink a few times in bewilderment. He saw a series of wires along with rectangular objects along with some odd glowing rods, none of them looked like items he was used to seeing.

"Strange.." he muttered and grabbed a flashlight to help illuminate the insides better, he could see more clearly that the rods were connected toward the forward area of the 'missile', and behind what he had already figured to be some kind of navigation array.

Fabrication Area

Next to the object on a table there was a clipboard detailing what the technicians had learned thus far. Samples of the objects exterior had been taken and sent to the SSS for identification. The technicians had found that the object was still generating electricity, but in a manner they had not seen before. They eliminated fusion and nuclear batteries because scans failed to detect any high energy particles associated with them.

Quarters

Akemi and Kayo walked into their cabin, grabbed their toiletry supplies and made their way to the showers. "So Kayo-San, any plans with your free time?"

Kayo finished rinsing her hair before answering. "I am not sure. I thought I might go to the Safety Valve, or I might go down to the Ship's store and see what books they have. What are you going to do?"

"Well, first I want to get some proper food, not that stuff the hospital gave. So the Safety Valve is probably a good idea. Why not come down with me?"

Kayo turned off the water and grabbed her towel. While drying herself off she replied. "Well, I suppose the books will be there later anyway. And well food sounds good. Can I ask you a question?"

Akemi having finished her shower, was drying her black hair, "Hey you're my wingman, you can ask me anything. If I can trust you to have my back, I don't think there is anything you could as that would bother me."

Kayo having finished drying herself wrapped her towel around her body, and picked up her items and walked towards the entrance. "What was it like growing up in a family? You know, having parents and siblings?"

Akemi started wrapping her towel around her body, "Well, that's an interesting question...." she grabbed her stuff and joined Kayo. "Well, let's see where to begin. If I had to put it in a single word, I guess it would be crowded. Being a clan meant that no matter where we went, there were other extended family members. In the house there was my parents, my older sister, and my grandmother. My mother died when I was ten in the Fourth Elysian War. But it was a good thing, there was always a sense of belonging."

Safety Valve

Kenshin smiled back at Errowyn upon noticing her in the bar. "Pull up a chair, Hellcat." The Yamataian said, motioning towards one of the empty seats next to himself. Setting down his half-emptied glass beside his half-eaten plate of pizza, he stretched in an exaggerated fashion, loosening the tension in his neck.

"Damn, i'm glad to get out of that med bay and away from all the poking, prodding and tests... I understand the need... but, I was going stir crazy in there."

With the debriefing apparently over, the young pair stood together, their hand holding transforming into a lovers grip as they headed for the exit. Suddenly Silic stopped.

"Where do you live, again?" he asked her, smiling nervously.

Anne looked at him and she smiled as she pulled him along. They both wore a very simple garments, they had been given them by the people in medical. All their clothing had had to be burned in quarantine so they wore a simple Yamataian exercise uniform. So basically they just had a shorts and a tank-top. Anne found the shorts annoying, since they were not made for Helashio and their tails. Her poor tail had to go down through the left sleeve of the shorts.

"It is not far," she replied and held his hand a little tighter. She did not want to let go. With her other hand she called an elevator to get to the right deck and into Anne's room.

The elevator doors opened to reveal itself empty as the two boarded, the door closing smoothly behind them. Silic wore a shit-eating grin from ear to ear as he faced her. This time he didn't make the same mistake and leaned forwards to steal a kiss, even if he had to peer up slightly to reach the taller womans lips.

Anne thought about doing the same so she was glad that Silic did the first move. Their lips locked and she looked into Silic eyes as they broke away. Then they kissed again, much stronger this time. Her tongue danced with his as they kissed, his trying to keep up with her skilled movements. Her hand meanwhile traced the control button and pushed the right button.

Silic got a little greedier and pushed against her so she was right against the wall and held her there as she stole his breath away. Their bodies pressed tightly together. Anne's hand wrapped around Silic. One of them going into his hair, making sure their lips stayed locked. Another traced around chest to the back and into half-embrace.

Silics hand was on her neck, cradling her chin towards his, his prosthetic hand taking a back seat and sitting above her hip, thumbed pressed against her belly, pinning her to the wall. The moment seemed to drag forever until...

PING!

The door of the elevator opened. Behind them stood a neko with a datapad. She looked at the two and quickly looked the other way, letting out a quick, "Excuse me."

The two lovers hastily parted as Silic tried to appear decent for the new arrival. Anne gave her a single look and then blushed slightly, her hand again traced Silics as she locked her fingers with his. They both stepped aside to let the neko join them in the elevator. Anne, not really shy, drew closer to Silic. She leaned her head on his shoulder, her tail wrapping partly around his leg.

Silic nervously pretended not to notice the neko and leaned his head on top of Anne's as he stood somewhat awkwardly.

The neko's eyes left her datapad and looked sideways at the couple covertly, noticing the unfortunate growing bulge in the front of Silic's tight gym shorts. The current fruits of Anne's work.

Anne herself looked at the neko and smiled politely, giving her a little nod of greeting. She then noticed what caught the neko's eyes. "Oh," Anne said quietly and smiled again, this time slightly mischievously as her tail started tracing up and into the sleeve of Silic's shorts.

- - - -

After the elevator seemed to take five whole minutes to arrive at it's destination, the three occupants left together and entered Anne's private quarters.

Safety Valve

Akemi and Kayo had concluded their discussion back in their room, and after putting on a clean uniform headed down towards the Safety Valve. When Akemi stepped into the door she did a quick scan of the room looking for familiar faces.

She spotted two other Diamonds in the room, and navigated her way through the crowd. As she approached the table, "Murasaki-Hei, is this a private table or can other fliers join?" She asked.

Fabrication Bay

Elisto starred at the reports from the technicians with a mild sense of confusion on his face. "No nuclear or fusion detected?" he said to himself and glanced back at the probe.

He mentally tried to recall what other factions he knew of - other than Yamatai naturally - that didn't use Nuclear or fusion as power but his mind was being rather finicky with those details.

With a shake of the head, he glanced slightly at the wall. "Hitomi? Has the SSS gotten any results on their scans of this things... hull?" he asked and stepped toward the probe and folded his arms over his chest.

"Damn strange... it's generating power but from where?" he asked himself again and then glanced at a technician. "When you were scanning the probe and noticed it's power source, did you notice where the source of power was most.. strongest at? Could give us a general idea on where this things power source is located."

Fabrication Bay

One of the technicians walked over to Elisto. "Their electromagnetic scan seemed to indicate that the power source is located right here." he said pointing to the middle of the device. "Once we get a report from the SSS on the material, we can see about cutting the panels off of that area. Ultrasonics have given us some insights into the interior, at least physically but we have no idea what most of the things are in there.

We have confirmed that the part that removed is some sort of sensor, but we are still trying to determine the exact parameters of its operation."

Fabrication Bay

"So it's not unreasonable to assume that this .. thing.. wasn't made by anyone we know right?" asked the intelligence operator, Elisto had already come to the conclusion based on how the thing looked and also on what he had seen inside.

He stood and tapped his foot, not impatiently though, more like just in a thinking manner.

Fabrication Bay

"That is what we are figuring, its not Lor, Gart or any other species we know. Unless its some new technology one of them developed, perhaps some new fancy spy probe.

But given all the strange tech, it makes more sense that it is not from around here. Of course that leads into who made it, what is its purpose, and what are their intents...." the technician sighed, "All questions I leave to other folks."

Safety Valve

Kenshin glanced back at the two new arrivals and flashed the nekos a boyish grin, "Hey there Akemi-Hei, Kayo-Hei -- go ahead and take a seat!" He tapped a hand a against the smooth upper surface of the table. "Feel free to take a slice of pizza if you've a mind to -- its just a simple margarita cheese -- nothing fancy."

The pilot took another sip from his glass and drained it dry, set the empty container down and then crossed his arms against his chest. "Have either of you heart anything yet about this new offensive Numa-Taii mentioned in the medical center?"

Safety Valve

Akemi and Kayo both took a seat at the table. Akemi motioned to the bartender to bring two menus over then turned towards Kenshin.

"All I know is that everyone who is not a fighter pilot is pulling duty and that is not just the Heitan, seems to be across all the ships in the system. Whatever is going done, it would appear to be major. I guess we will have to just wait and see."

Kayo meanwhile accepted Kenshin's generosity and took a slice of his pizza. "Thank you Kenshin-Heisho." she replied before taking a small bite.

Errowyn smiled at the invite and settled down. Soon two more showed up at the Safety Valve. She listened to him, "you wasn't the only one going crazy there. Was working on a break out from the place."

Snagging a slice of pizza and nibbling on it. Errowyn shook her head no to Kenshin's latest question, glancing at the other two, who joined them at the table.

Fabrication Bay

"My job description," the intelligence operator snickered at what the tech said. "Ok, keep me appraised and let me know when the SSS has their results, there is somtehing else I need to take care of then I'll return and see about finding out if there is anything that can tell us or what this thing is. Keep an eye on those power readings though, that worries me..." he muttered.

Code:
Atsui-Taii? Tereane-Heisho here, are you available by chance?

Safety Valve
Akemi looked briefly at the menu, she requested a large order of chicken wings to share with the group, and some sliders for herself and Kayo.

When the food arrived she took a couple of the wings, "Help yourself folks, guess we are eating family style." she said with a smile.

----------------

Elisto would receive a nearly instantaneous reply.

I am in my office, please feel free to come by. Numa-Taii

----------------

Yaeko would receive a message from Atsui as well.

Come by my office tomorrow at 0700 hrs. Numa-Taii

Anne's Quarters

Silic woke up spread-eagle'd on the floor, his arms and legs feeling like sacks of rock. Anne lay pretty much on top of him. Her hand on his chest and her head on his shoulder. She was still asleep. Sleepily Silic put his arms around her and rocked gently to wake her up.

"Hnnn?" Was first sound he could hear. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at him. Anne's bunny-like ears perked a few times before she smiled gently. "Good morning," she said and tiredness could be heard in her voice. Her head still layed on his shoulder and she did not seem like she wanted to move away.

" 'Morning." Silic replied, smiling. "Perhaps a little too much remembering last night, eh?" he asked as shifted his sore shoulders against the floor.

Anne finally raised her head and looked into his eyes. She remained silent for few seconds before smiling again. "How do you feel?" She asked him with curious voice.

"To be honest, I'm not sure if I have any fantasies left at all now. You girls fulfilled most of them." He said light heartedly, something creaked. "Ow. I might need some recovery time before we ever do something that crazy again."

Anne looked around still a little sleepy-eyed. Yuki was gone, all that she left behind was ruffled bedsheets. Anne wondered why everytime she is with Silic, she ends up sleeping on the ground. "Don't worry, we will do something normal and boring next time then." She said and laughed. Looking around she noticed one thing. "Oh.... it seems Yuki took the wine with her. Ooops."

Silic chuckled "I'm sure she'll come back for more if she wants." he said, "Something's come up with me, I think they want to confirm that demotion or something."

He gently rolled Anne over, sat up and scooped her in his arms before laying her gently onto the bed and sitting down next to her. "Will you forgive me for leaving?" he asked, smiling down at her.

Anne laughed cheerily at his gentleman-like act. "Well only if you make it up for me later," she teased him, sitting up. She then grabbed his head gently and gave him a kiss on lips. Silic closed his eyes and hummed contentedly into the kiss.

He broke it up to say one word at a time between kisses. "All. Right. I'll. Be. Back." he finally managed to escape and quickly threw his gym clothes back on before leaning down to give her one final farewell.

Then he slipped out the door and started limping his way to the the showers.

Fabrication Bay

Elisto looked the 'missile' over one last time before turning to leave; he stuffed his hands into his pockets as he walked and looked down at the deck for several moments while he made his way back to his cabin where he retrieved a folder and some photos along with some additional items.

When the items were gathered, he opened the folder to make certain it was the right one, then made his way to Atsui's office. When he arrived, he knocked on the door, though he was feeling nervous once more.

Captain's Office

Atsui was pacing the office as she looked at the battle plan provided by the Taisho on volumetric displays. It was bold, audacious, and very risky. But she had to agree that she liked the intent, hurt the enemy and hurt them hard. What she did not like was the fact that she would be stuck during the battle on the Bridge of the Heitan, her Diamonds would be flying without her. It did not sit well with her, it had nothing to do with Yaeko leading them. Just that she would be at the tail end of the event. "Why couldn't this operation come up before I tool command. Ah well no sense complaining, besides there will be plenty to keep us busy. There are four carriers going into this, with the Heitan taking point. Our craft have the job of softening the enemy. So the ground forces can hit their targets."

She took her seat to await Elisto to arrive. She did not know what he needed, but it would help to pass some of the time. It was going to be a long night.

A short while later the door buzzer sounded. She pressed the switch on her desk to open the door. "Come in." She called out.

Captain's Office

Elisto gave a nod and entered the room and stopped just a foot inside as he took a quick look around, taking in everything he could see before walking over to the desk that Atsui was at.

He walked up to Atsui's desk and saluted the officer, although he wasn't entirely certain if he needed to given he wasn't reporting to her for any orders, but rather because he had concerns about a matter different than what he was working on. "Thanks for letting me see and talk to you Taii," he said.

Captain's Office

Atsui watched Elisto enter the room, and returned his salute. It was not truly necessary, but rending respect was never a bad thing in her book.

She motioned to the chairs in front of the desk. "Please take a seat. I'm always willing to talk with my people, especially the Diamonds.

So what do you want to talk about?" Atsui replied.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…