• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 7.0] Operation Payback (Prologue)

Captain's Office

Elisto gave a nod and took a seat and planted the folder and his ICP in his lap. "Well Ma'am, I meant to talk to you about this before our last mission but given the importance of that mission I decided to hold off. However, what I wanted to talk to you about is a matter that's more personal for me but that I worry 'could' effect the Diamonds in some fashion."

The operative waited a moment as he opened the folder and produced some paperwork. The paperwork had a mugshot of a Nepleslian who was fifty one years old, there were a few scars. "This man is named Flinz Gikane, he is a career criminal responsible for nearly four hundred differnet murders spanning the course of almost forty years. He was arrested by me in YE 28, I spent years trying to catch this man after he murdered thirteen children just blocks away from the department that I was stationed at."

"After being arrested, he was sentenced to life in prison and sent to a prison on Yamatai. Unfortunantly, during the Battle of Yamatai, he - along with several other criminals - managed to escape. I was informed by a collegue that those other criminals were all captured and put back in prison, but Flinz was not one o fthem..."

Captain's Office
Atsui glanced at the documents offered and listened to Elisto. She took a moment to read the data a second time, and pondered what exactly was the issue.

"I am not sure that I am following you. How does the escape of a prisoner on Yamatai pose a threat to the Diamonds or the Heitan. We are quite aways from Yamatai, on the frontier in the Saiki Cluster. Are you saying that you think his person has the means to get out here, and that he would come after you for vengence?" She responded.

Elisto nodded and showed the case file, a file that was almost ten pages long full of legalize. "The man has a history Taii, one of his financial backers tried to pull out of supporting him. So, instead of letting such a useful asset get away, he targetted the backers ten year old son - killing the child and twelve others in the process. Flinz Gikane has no quelms about killing innocent people if it accomplishes his goals."

The intel operative looked off to the side in thought. "Do I think he posses a threat to us and whether he can get us? I have to go with my gut as a retired police officer and say yes, many of his financial backers up and disappeared after he was arrested, raids on his backers assets such as homes and warehouses turned up evidence of those places being hastily abandoned."

"This means that if Flinz was able to hook back up with his backers, he will have the financial support to exact revenge on those who are responsible for imprisoning him. Of course, the man isn't stupid, it took me years to catch him and I could only do it through the luck of an informent who spotted his ship making a hasty retreat from Yamatai. He likes to go through lackeys to commit his crimes, and people he bribes."

Captain's Office

"Okay, he has the potential for resources. But how would he know where you are in the fleet? Given what you said about him, wouldn't it make more sense that he would go after your relatives. Wouldn't he want to punish you and make you suffer for putting him away?

I know I would if I were in his shoes." Atsui answered.

Captain's Office

Elisto had to nod at what Atsui said, he didn't want to admit that the officer was right because it would only make him more worried although he didn't show it. "That is true, he would target my family 'if' he knew where they were, presently I've kept their location guarded because of his backers and other allies."

"He wouldn't come directly after me though, not for awhile anyway, I suspect it'll take him at least a year before he'll find anyone remotely close to the fleet to give him any information about where I am or my family. As far as I know, there is already a warrent out for his arrest again, so no one in the fleet - at least I hope no one in the fleet - will deal with him. However, I can't say the same for any civilians on any stations or ground bases."

The operative collasped his hands in front of him. "My main concern though is that instead of going after me or my family, he might instead target the Diamonds directly because not only was my ship responsible for stopping him but there were a number of miliary ships in the area that I *think* were converging on him after the alert went out that he was in the area.. so he would also view the military as being responsible. The man isn't stupid, but he is very bold."

Captain's Office

Atsui sat for a moment with her fingers steepled and she considered the situation again. There was at present no clear threat, but a possibility did exist.

"Elisto-San you do not seem to be an alarmist. You would not be wearing those black panels if you were. You say this person has resources and a personal grudge against you. I am inclined to believe you.

I will notify the Military Police, and the Yamatai Security Agency on Libra Star Fortress. I will give them the information you provided, and have them be on the lookout for him.

Unfortunately, for now that is all I can do. I can not request an investigation since there is no evidence that he is here or on his way. For the moment the investigation and pursuit of this criminal is in the hands of the YNP on Kyoto.

Is there anything else?"

Captain's Office

"Thank you ma'am, and no ma'am," said Elisto. "I'm still analyzing that item we brought back from the mission, and it's rather intriguing to be honest... I should have a report on it before the next mission."

Safety Valve

"Ooh, chicken -- it's been awhile." Kenshin said, helping himself to one of the wings. For about a minute or two the pilot silently stripped off the flesh until nothing but bone remained. Once the bone was picked clean, he set it down on an empty plate and wiped his hands clean using a knapkin.

"Ah well, no doubt Numa-Taii will fill us in properly during the next briefing; whenever that will be."

Finished with his meal, Kenshin leaned back and regarded the three women seated at the table with him.

"So out of curiousity, are any of you ladies considering upgrading to those new NH-33 bodies? I just put in a request for them to start making a new minkan body-swap for myself."

::Safety Valve::

As the other pilot ordered more food, she ordered a several pitchers of a favored soft drink for everyone to enjoy and help themselves to. As for the harder drinks ... that was up to the individual.

Errowyn smiled her thanks to the pilot who gotten the food. Hearing about the new upgraded bodies that were coming out. "I'll get a new one when I'm forced to get a new one. Till then, this will do fine."

Something caught her attention, "Excuse me," Errowyn stood up, laying some money on the table to pay for the drinks and a portion of the food she ate and took off after a Senior Non-com out of the Safety Valve.

::Corridor::

Errowyn caught up with the Non-com, "Excuse me, Sergeant," falling in step beside him.

"Ma'am," He nodded to the Officer in sweats next to him, but kept moving as it was obvious that she was willing to talk with him as they walked to his destination. "How can I be of assistance?"

"Scince you work with the Daisy Power Armor and familiar with it." Errowyn slightly blushed with embarrassment. "Teach me the finer points of operation of the Daisy?"

His eyes twinkled with merriment at hearing that as he kept a straight face. Giving a thoughtful nod, he spoke, "Sure. Come on down to the shop."

When Silic left Anne had some work to do. First off she cleaned the room, changing the cloths on her bed and putting her wine-bag where it was supposed to be. She then took a very quick shower and ran back. It was time to work. She needed to finish those psych-evaluations.

Anne was not happy about that too much. Psychology was just her hobby so far, she was in no way a proper psychologist or psychiatrist. Someone else should do all that. But. There was big but. Unlike some psychologist, she knew the squadron much, much better. And that played its role.

Anne worked fast and hard, only putting finishing touches to what she had before. She also added link that there were several people she wanted to interview, before finishing up completely. Namely Yaeko and Elisto.

After two hours of typing she was finished. Anne realised she was starving. She saved up the file and sent it to Atsui, with a short message that she would like to interview Yaeko and Elisto in future. With all that done she put on a bodysuit and left.

Safety Valve sounded like a good idea seeing as Anne was very hungry and there was nothing better after sex then pizza.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back