• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 7.2] Operation Payback - Fighter Launch

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Inactive Member
Retired Staff
0900 HRS
Aetherus Haven T-30 minutes

The Attack Group from the 2XF was streaking towards the NMX Capital System. When they reacted the predetermined distance from the objective, the following announcement sounded across the internal speakers.

"Stand by for Flight Operations.
Attention All Fighter Personnel. Report to your briefing rooms in flight gear immediately. Repeat All Fighter Personnel. Report to your briefing rooms in flight gear immediately."

----------------------------

Akemi and Kayo were sitting in their cabin, already suited up. They were playing a game of Go to take their mind off the waiting. When the word came Kayo jumped up so quickly she sent the game board and pieces flying. Akemi chuckled and grabbed her helmet. "Leave it, we can clean it up when we get back." she said tossing Kayo's helmet to her.

Kayo caught the helmet and smiled, "I like the way you think, after the mission."

----------------------------

Konpeki walked down to the Diamonds briefing room, with the latest intelligence information that SAINT had gathered. She wondered how many soldiers would die this day, and hoped that the information she provided would help keep that number down.

Errowyn watched the ship crews pour over the fighters, making the adjustments, loading armement to the nimble fighters in the vast bay.

Glancing up at the speaker as it made it announcement. She grabbed her helmet and ambled off to the briefing room for the Fighting Diamond. Checking her flight uniform over to make sure everything was there as pilots like to play practical jokes by switching other's gear to different location with her free hand.

She entered the briefing room, abit early and settled down in her customary spot, to the side and middle, wher she had a good view of upfront and the display monitors.

Yaeko was already suited up and ready to roll when the announcement came over the system. She had been in her quarters musing over the small amount of data that she had been given regarding their upcoming mission, but also looking at data that some of the fleets statisticians had compiled regarding home her squadron operated.

Sighing, she grabbed her stuff and jogged out the door. Upon arriving in the briefing room she grabbed a seat up front and pulled out her data pad, ready to go the moment everyone else arrived.

Fabrication Bay

Elisto stared at the report from the SSS and began to rub his chin out of curiousity. "Interesting..." he muttered and set the report down and continued to stare into the guts of the missile, which after examining it, realized that it was anything but a missile - although he still couldn't figure out where the power source was exactly or how to turn it off.

When he heard the call for pilots he put his tools away and, because he was already weraing his flight suit, grabbed his helmet that was laying on a nearby table and quickly mdae his way to the briefing room.

Upon arrival, he looked around for a moment, then took a seat.

Akemi and Kayo ran down the halls to the briefing room. Deftly moving around other crew members who were walking down the hall. The two pilots only slowed down to a walk a few steps before they reached the door. Pausing for only a moment to check their appearance they walked in and took seats in the second row.

"Morning Munkata Shoi." Akemi said greeting the CO.

------------------------------------

Konpeki paused in the hallway to observe the arrival of Akemi and Kayo. Once it was safe to proceed she walked in with her ICP tucked under her arm took a seat in the front row. "I have the latest intelligence reports when you are ready for me to brief the squadron Shoi." she said inclining her head slightly towards Yaeko.

Anne arrived just after Konpeki, clutching her helmet in her arm, fully suited up with the flight suit. In her other hand was a medical pack and she smiled as she walked in. "Reporting for duty Hunter," she said and bowed slightly to Yaeko and then to Konpeki. After that the tall helashio woman proceeded to sit down next to Elisto, giving him a nod.

Silic had been sitting in the changing room, staring into his helmet as it stared back at him when the alarm came. Quickly he stripped, put on his uniform and walked towards the briefing room. He arrived without fuss, looked around as he entered the room, and took a seat anonymously in the middle.

Murasaki Kenshin strolled into the briefing room a few steps behind Silic, already properly attired in his aerospace flight suit. The young pilot crossed over to one of the many available seats and looked at Konpeki with faint curiousity, wondering what information she would eventually provide for their consideration.

Now we'll finally see what we're in for next, he thought silently to himself. Hopefully no more plagues.

Konpeki stood up, walked to the front of the room. Standing behind the podium the lighting dimmed and the display behind her illuminated showing a star system, and the image zoomed inward to reveal the inner planets.

"This is Operation Payback

The 2XF is currently enroute to Aetherus Haven. This is a major NMX holding. Mikasa-Taisho has committed a sizable portion of the fleet to its attack and destruction. The 2XF has had SAINT resources in-system to identify the targets the Taisho has laid out.

First, their planetary power grid.
Second, their telecommunications infrastructure.
Third, their planetary space port and any other significant transportation hub.

The Taisho has made it clear that Aetherus Haven is to have no infrastructure the enemy can use when we are done.

The 2XF is going to drop out in three groups, the Heitan is part of Operations Group 1, which is being lead by the YSS Yamato under the Taisho's personal command.

When we arrive, Group 1 is going to launch all fighters and bombers, and engage the enemy. We need to punch a hole large enough for the rest of the group to go through so that we can being the planetary assault. The aerospace craft involved in this part of the operation will be carrying Ke-Z1 torpedoes with Aether warheads.

When we make an opening Groups 2 and 3 will follow us through engaging the enemy and keeping them from closing in behind us.

Once our forces have reached their designation positions, our fighters will be launched carrying Ke-Z2 Bombs which will be the primary ordnance. All of the V8 series craft have been upgraded to the V8-2x series. This adds an extra wing mount and allows the standard defensive /offensive modules to be attached. The heavy ordnance will be mounted on the inner one.

The rest of your data will be uploaded to your fighters, at this point I am turning over the briefing to Munkata-Shoi. After she speaks if there are any questions I will answer them at that time." she moved aside and let the podium free for Yaeko.

Yaeko stood and walked up to the podium, placing her data pad down so she could look at it while she spoke.

"As the Juni stated, or primary objective will be through Group 1, punching a hole in the enemies defenses to allow room for other units to move through and strike at the infrastructure. However, I have also volunteered the Diamonds for double duty. Once we complete our primary objective we will be landing, resupplying or crafts, and heading back out take on an infrastructure element. That element will be decided during our resupply based on intelligence regarding which group needs the most assistance.

Are there any questions for myself or Eika-Juni?"

Kenshin shifted slightly in his seat, not quite able to find a comfortable position in the chair whilst simultaneously listening to the briefing and committing the critical mission details to memory.

The explaination of their objective's seemed fairly straight-forward. He idly hoped that there were no unforseen complications, though by now the pilot knew better that to rely on their missions going completely as planned.

Konpeki looked around, since there was no sign of questions, she moved forward to stand beside Yaeko.

"Okay, since there are no questions, I am off to brief the 22nd. You will get your Wingman assignments from Hunter, and she can approve your load outs except for the Ke-Z1's since those are already being loaded. Good Hunting." she said, gave a slight bow to Yaeko and left the briefing room.

Hearing the briefing, Errowyn couldn't help but give a soft feral smile and a soft underlying growl. Very alert and ready to engage the enemy.

Errowyn stood to ask her question, but then realized it was a moot question as she either outflew her assigned wingman anyways, bringing the battle to the enemy instead of waiting for them to come to her. "Huh..nothing.." Sat back down, abit pink from embarrasment.

Yaeko pulled a folded slip of paper out of her pocket and opened it.

"For simplicity, wingman assignments will be much the same, with some variances due to rank. Since we lost Thurston, Scrapyard is currently unassigned. So he, Tin Man, and I will be three-person team. Hellcat lead with Murasaki, Spinner lead with Kayo, Cutter lead with Tamahagane."

Looking back over at her data pad, she paused for a moment before continuing.

"Everyone needs to decide which mounts they want attached to their fighters. As Eika-Juni stated, your inner mounts have been predesignated, however your outer mounts are customizable."

"Roger that ma'am," replied Anne with smile and small bow. Anne herself wondered what to do. She was not really good fighter pilot and now Hunter put her on lead in her wing-assignment. Anne was not sure how she will deal with that responsibility. Right until now she just tended to stay on tail of her wingmate and tried to protect him. Well at least her wingmate this time was cute. That could not hurt anything.

"I will make sure to watch your back Kayo-san!" Anne said happily with smile, giving another bow to Kayo. Now it was time to deside what she should use on her Teisatsu.

"Ma'am," Anne's eyes went back to Hunter. "I will equip my machine with two wavefront models. That will enhance its effectivity at jamming enemy targeting and communication systems."

Errowyn looked thoughtful as speed and manueverability served her best and the other pilots were going for more of a defensive posture, "more anti-ship missile pods," figuring the current payload of defensive stuff would be sufficient for the run with a heavier payload of offensive.

If the fleet wanted a opening in the enemy line of defence, she would do her best regardless of the payload she carried and when it was time for her to go, nothing could stop that, beside the challenge hieghten the sences and reaction time.

Elisto stared at the list of modules that he could put on. "Think I'll equip a targetting module in case we run into anything juicy, will also equip a wave-front," as he spoke he pondered how this mission might go.

He rubbed his chin curiously. "What are we going up against in terms of enemy units? Other than the battlepods."

Kayo and Akemi both opted for the following systems:
* Ke-T8-W3103 Countermeasure Module
* Ke-T8-W3101 Mini-Missile Launcher Pod

Akemi looked at Kayo, "Watch your six when you are out there Kayo." she said giving her a playful smack on the shoulder.

Errowyn was already planning her approach to engage the enemy as she listened to the others pick their payloads. She wondered if her wingman would follow her choice in going for the heavier offensive load than the rest.

She quickly texted Marasaki....

Battle plan follows:
1) Chose a heavier offensive load
2) Stay behind the others till engagement.
3) Once engaged we'll fly past them into the fray delievering our heavier offensive punch as needed.

Hellcat

She looked it over and then sent it with a soft purrr.

"Good choices," Yaeko responded. "Each one of you is used to having a specific task, so its good that you're getting comfortable with those roles and embodying them even without being told to. It goes to show how well Atsui-Taii trained this squadron. As for myself, I plan to mount myself with a Targeting Module and a Decoy Launcher. Scrapyard, other than battle pods I am not sure what we will be up against. This is a fortified location so you should expect some sort of automated defense system, but don't quote me on that. I'll update you all when I get more intel."

Looking at the clock on her datapad she looked back up at the squadron. "Alright, I want everyone suited up and in the launch bay in 20 minutes. Dismissed."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back