• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 8.0] Whispers in the dark

Anne breathed out and took out her NSP. She took the safety off and made sure it was set on stun. With firearm held in both arms, aiming 45° down towards the ground she moved to investigate the sound. Hopefully it wont be an armed pirate. Or a monsters. Or Zombie monster pirate. "Damn your horror movies, Silic," Anne said into the comms.

Passageway

The lights in the corridor flickered on and off at irregular intervals. As she moved forward the sound became louder. It was coming from a door on the right side of the passage. It was a manual hatch that was locked from this side. From this close she could actually make out that there were sounds from more than one thing behind the door.

Space

Yaeko kick the engines on and repositioned the Kawarime out of the immediate path from the Vampire. "You know Silic, I am pretty sure that from what we have heard, these guys do not eat people." The two clan fighters were accelerating towards the damaged ship. A moment later a ship shimmered into view in front of them. It was a clan ship and it was charging its weapons. "I think you are right, we will let these guys handle the pirates. Let's get to another position so we can wait for the rest of the team."

Passageway

Elisto let out a sigh, as his attention shifted to the flickering lights and watching as Anne had begun to make her way down the passageway. Curiously, he pulled his NSP out and began to follow the girl, keeping his attention on the ground and their surroundings just in case there were anymore booby-traps.

Anne grabbed the handles and prepared herself. She looked at Elisot and nodded. Then she opened the manual lock and pulled the door open. She put her pistol up, ready to make anything dangerous into something unconscious.

The door opened to a small room, barely more than a closet. In it were three human looking people. Two were standing and the third was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall.There was an elderly male who had a number of large purple bruises on his face, his left eye was swollen so much he probably couldn't see out of it. The second was a woman who appeared to be in her twenties. She had a number of bruises on her arms that looked like hand prints from someone holding her arms tightly. She also had a bruise on her left check from where some one had struck her. When the door opened and they saw weapons they put their arms out in front. "Don't shoot, don't shoot. We aren't with them." they cried out.

Anne would notice that the third person another female appeared to be extremely gravid. Her face twisting in pain as a spasm hit her.

"We are with the Star Army of Yamatai!" Anne said back to them as she lowered and holstered her weapon. She did not realyl trust them, but she knew Elisto had her back and she was still probably stronger than any of them, especially in their state. "What month is that girl in? Did her water broke?" It would not surprise Anne, with the state all of them were, if the woman was very very late pregnant, the aggravation could make the birth happen early.

The woman who was standing answered, "She is in her ninth month. No her water hasn't broken, but I suspect that she is having contractions."

The elderly man looked at the two women then back to the soldiers, "The name is Cyrus, Cyrus Burke." He put a hand on the woman that was standing, "This is Tessa my daughter. That is Melissa Raven, a fellow passenger and friend from the ship we were on. The bastards killed her husband to set an example.

Those don't look like power armor your wearing. So I figure you did not come here looking to rescue us?"

"We are actually investigating what happened. We are a fighter pilots." Anne explained and looked at Elisto for some answers. She then sighed and hit the comms to call the boss. "Ma'am I have 3 injured civilians, one is pregnant and likely having contraction. I would prefer to not try and deliver children on board of this thing, besides I have never delivered a child before and it would made us sit here for quite some time. I think we should try to withdraw."

Akemi could not believe her ears. 'A pregnant female in labor... how the hell are we supposed to transport three people. We only have my fighter inside, we need transport.'she thought.

"Scrapyard, if you can do so safely move forward to check the next bay. I am going to check the other direction. Hopefully we can find something to fly the to the Heitan." she said over the comms

Last edited:
Elisto's attention was only partly on what was going on, his ears were twitching as he listened at the sounds the station was making. Metal groaning, the sound of something occasionally hitting the ground - most likely a pipe or some other tool, or maybe they had more guests; he couldn't tell for certain. When he heard Anne mention the thing about a girl being pregnant and delivery, he was tempted to speak up but was cut off before he could by Akemi's orders.

Raising his NSP, he slowly scanned the hallway for what felt like the sixth time, before he turned toward Anne. "Spinner, if you need me to walk you through the process of delivery just let me know," referring to how he was married and that his wife had already given birth, so he was already a bit experienced considering their baby had decided to come right out onboard a luxury liner of all places!

Slowly he crept out of the room and made his way toward the next bay and sent a 'on it boss' to Akemi.

Store room

Cyrus stayed at the doorway, armed with a hunk of pipe. It was not much of a weapon, but he took strength from it and envisioned what he would do to the next pirate who came at him.

Tessa moved over to Melissa and sat next to her. She gave the woman her hand to hold. The woman cried out in pain and then relaxed as the pain left. Tessa looked at an old inexpensive watch. She then looked at Anne. "Well soldier her contractions seem to be about ten minutes apart at the moment. "

Hallways

As Elisto moved down the hallway the banging sounds seemed to be coming from two directions. The closest came from the access door to one of the bays. A quick glance showed an old beaten looking Lion T3 Transport Shuttle in the bay. Its exterior was a mass of patches and primer. The source of the banging was a impact wrench hanging from a shelf it was swinging due to the fact that the air in the bay was moving. A small white vortex could be seen from the far wall, an indication of a small hull breach. That the air was moving after this much time meant it was still being piped in.

From the other direction down a passage to the right, he heard not only the sounds of banging, but also voices. Loud enough that they carried, and with a hint of fear in the tone. "Move your asses... get as much of that gear on the shuttle. We are getting the hell out of here before those cats decide to board and finish what they started...." "It would go faster if you helped the two of us you know." "Yeah, and who would keep an eye out for intruders. There were other craft out there not the cats. They probably have had time to find a way in. So shut up and load."

It seemed to be coming from a passage that branched off the one he was looking down.

Hallway

Elisto moved his NSP down the other path, and went down into a crouch. Hmmm... more pirates... or maybe just one? he pondered as he slowly made his way in the direction of the voices, although he did quickly mark the location of that breach and then continued on his way. He wanted to fix the breach, but he knew from past experiences that sometimes things like that could've been done intentionally as to draw attention away, or that the small sound the breach was making could be used to warn of intruders - as in if someone repaired it. It was a long shot.

Space

"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I didn't hear them deny it." Silic answered Yaeko absent-mindedly, looking out at space at the Vampire and then remembering that it was space out there and squeezing his eyes shut and turning back to his console.

"To be honest, we would probably just get in their way right now. If they need a hand they'll probably ask for it. Maybe we can fire a missile or something in show of support. We do that, right? What could go wrong?" Silic jabbered, clearly showing his nerves.

Then Anne's voice came in through the comms and Silic seemed to calm down, his mind clearly drifting to that voice so rich a man could drown in it.

"Sure thing, babe. Completely my fault, taped you to the chair and everything, I did." Silic replied, smiling. Then his smiled dropped.

"D-did you say pregnant!?"

Shuttle Bay 4

As Elisto approached the open door way, he briefly encountered another resident of the structure. A white rat that was nibbling on a scrap of food. It eyed Elisto and scurried across the corridor into an overturned carton. As he approached the open doorway he could hear the sound of boots moving on the deck. One set was near the doorway. The other two seemed to come from deeper in and would disappear.

As Elisto stood by the edge of the door, one of the sets of footsteps drew closer. A second later a hand holding a revolver came into view.

Shuttle Bay 4

Elisto eased himself against the wall, quietly holstering his NSP and then pulling his Type 22 Survival Knife and readied it. He waited a few breaths then slowly released a silent breath before grabbing the mans wrist and yanking him toward him, he used a free leg to knock the other mans legs out from under him and then whipped the knife around to the enemies throat.

The man's eyes flew wide when he found himself with a knife to his throat. The only sound he made was an inarticulate sound of surprise. He slowly released the revolver.

"We... don't want no trouble... we just want to get off this station before the cats come back..." he said with a bit of a tremble.

Elisto stared at the man through his helmet, knowing the man couldn't see his expression he just stared at him for a few seconds before grabbing the revolver and placing it in his belt. "Then lucky for you, my colleagues and I also want off, so long as you don't cause any trouble, I won't kill you," said the operative with a hint of venom in his tone. He used his free hand to grab his NSP off his belt and flickered it on, "now, who is in there?" he asked him, knife still at the mans throat and his knee on the chest, although his NSP was off to the side just in case the others inside where actually accomplices. "And don't lie..." he pressed the knife up against the throat to make a point."

The man gulped audibly. "You're Star Army. Why are you out here?" he said out of reflex. "In the room; just Pete and Damian. We are just technicians they hired. Offered us a lot of money, told us to not ask questions or stick our noises in their business."

"You need not concern yourself with what we are doing out here," remarked Elisto as he pulled the knife away from the mans throat, figuring he was no longer a threat now that he had talked. "Just techs eh?" he remarked and took his knee off the mans chest, although his NSP was close just in case the man tried anything. "And, what are they doing right now?" he asked.

Spinner, we have a ride out for our guests, found three more. How's the one with the cramps doing? he asked via telepathy before sending a message to Akemi. "Blade, Scrapyard here. Found three more, looks like hired techs, their scared of our friends outside..."

The man remained prone on the floor uncertain what Elisto was going to do. "Yeah, they said this was a private facility. Pete and Damian are loading supplies and some trade goods. Since the folks who run this place haven't paid us."

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…