• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 8.2B] Bravo Team / VIP Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribbles

Inactive Member
A twinge of pain ran down Tasuku's side as he tightened a bandage around his shoulder and upper arm, but he shrugged it off the pain fading dully. The bandage was made from the sleeve that had been on that arm, he quickly replaced the upper section his robe with another from the fabrication area and hustled back over to the other two members of Bravo team.

Something about this doesn't feel right, Tasuku thought looking around.

"Kurusu-Chusa, ready to proceed on your order...", Tasuku said with nod trying to get a sense of his commanding officer.

Frowning as she approached, Konoka said, "Yarani-Hei, are you alright?" Her thoughts were quickly darkening, as was her mood. Two crewmembers already hurt, and they'd barely made it out the door...ramp....whatever. Shaking her head in an attempt to banish pessimistic thoughts, Konoka reminded herself of something: She could still be useful. Things would go on....they'd have to.

Moments ago, there'd been nothing she could do. That moment was gone now. Now it was time for action. Time to do what she did best: help others. The Elysians needed her. Her team needed her. And if anything made Konoka want to keep going, it was people needing her help. It was one of her main objectives in life, one of the things that made her want to stay in the SAoY. Well, it was time. She was ready.

"Ready, Kurusu-Chusa. What are your orders on how we should proceed?" said Konoka, her readiness to assist in her eyes. Just like always.

"Its fine." Tasuku said as Konoka approached, still somewhat angry about the unexpected assault, in the back of his mind he knew he was going to hurt a lot more later, but he didn't have time to worry about that now.
"We should get moving..." he added, wanting to shift their focus onto the mission.

Wonderful day for a deadly mission...
he thought sarcastically, displeased with how it seemed to be starting.

Averting her eyes away from Tasuku's arm so he wouldn't see her concern, Konoka said evenly, "Yes.....I don't like the idea of staying here, especially after....all that's happened. Let's go." She sighed. Hopefully, she could manage to keep her teammate from getting hurt AGAIN. And the mission would be a helpful thing to start doing, plus it would take Konoka's mind off her least favorite thing to have on her mind.....death. Because as a medic she was charged with saving lives, she liked to pretend it didn't exist. She knew better, but some part of her felt that being useful to her team and the Elysians would make up for her prior uselessness, at least a little.

"Wait....." she said, holding Tasuku back. "Shouldn't we wait for further orders?"

Ah, protocol. The anti-spice of life, that thing they said brought 'order'. Konoka could use some of that right now. Thinking, she realized she'd been thrown into a cloud of a dark mood. Ah well.

"We have several targets, as you might recall." Misaki motioned to the trio, spitting a bit of their fallen comrade's blood to the deck. Within moments, the Chusa appeared clean, even if she was very-...not. "If we find something to clean with so be it." She scanned her eyes through the cargo bay, then went to get a new robe, changing rather openly before motioning the team forward. "Keep your ears up, there might be a lot of blind corners." She told the pair.

"As long as you have your kit ready, Miyazawa." Down from the sleek outline of her home, Misaki entered the hanger and rested one hand on her hips, where her concealed weapon was, just in case it had to be drawn quick. She planned to use heavy stun in case they spotted the man with the machine gun again. Her memory was nothing that would allow her to forget the face of the man who had opened fire on someone. Maybe the Mishhu had found some way to control Elysians as well?

"I like your wings, by the way." She told the medic with a strange smile, she'd take them into the corridor on the way to customs, had she any choice about it. Stay behind cover until we get to the door. She texted Bravo, in no quick rush to see another person die while she kept her time in the open very short.

Eyes on the ground, Konoka went to follow orders and get behind some cover. Very alert, she got lost in thought. Not spazzy, she was very much aware, just lost in thought. The Chusa seemed to think Konoka's kit would make a difference. She wasn't so sure she'd be of much use. Deciding not to think that way, Konoka reminded herself that her job required her to try and make a difference, and it was, after all, her goal in life. Maybe she could be helpful to the Elysians. She felt happy about that.

Then she noticed that the Chusa was still speaking to her. "Erm-?" she said, coming out of her private reverie. "Oh, t-h-th-thank you." This was one of the Chusa's first attempts at saying anything other than an order or a request to regain concsiousness to Konoka. The part of her that was still as childlike and blissful as her first day hoped this would mean that someday, maybe, she'd have another new friend. Oh well. No time to think on that now. Konoka's eyes scanned the corners of the area, and her ears shivered, alert.

Now was the time to be useful. Consuming her mind with that usual goal, Konoka waited apprehensively for more instruction, more action, more of her life experience.

Charlie Team said:
Be advised our SAINT operative almost did not make it to meet us. Stated that the Station appears to be having problems with the lifts. Suspect lifts are being monitored, and may be used to ambush teams.

Tasuku eye'd the area around the team suspiciously, the secrecy of the mission had been comprimsed it seemed before they started, everything in the unfamiliar station was now suspect to him.

Waiting behind cover nearby, Tasuku quickly inspected a palm-sized but hefty looking disk object from the pouch on his side.

"Hmph...lets see 'em try something", Tasuku said quietly putting the disk back into the pouch, seemingly satisfied with with it, as he looked toward the door ready to draw his Type 28 NSP if he needed to.

The message from Charlie team wasn't very reassuring, "Whatever enemy is here, knows we are too..." Tasuku commented, as he looked down the corridor.

"Keep your weapons ready for quick draw. We might have no choice but to use the lifts anyway. We're going to the farthest location first, and we'll bring the others back on the way to the ship, ideally. Is he still good to fight, Miyazawa?" Misaki asked, moving from the hanger into one of the passages on the way to their target. The problem was that most stations would be suspicious of anyone popping out of vents and other strange engineering access areas.

"We'll get through customs, and proceed to find our VIPs...if customs is a problem at all." The Chusa explained, then looked to Tasuku. "See if you can find an alternate route around customs, even if we have to snake through something. I don't want our weapons confiscated. It could be a perfect place for an ambush, anyway." She didn't like how things were going, and reaching for her NSP is what her body wanted to do, just grab it, and race through the station. SAINT tactics bothered her sometimes, when she wasn't the only one involved.

"At least there's no jungle..."

Readying her weapon in case she needed it, her apprehension rising, Konoka said evenly, "He should be pretty much OK for now.....Just don't put too much stress on that arm, Yarani-Hei."

Now she was worried. They could be ambushed! Suddenly she was very alert, eyes darting around the area, left, right, up, down. Time was ticking. And just SO much....no, just about EVERYTHING......could go wrong. She knew she had to help those VIP's. That was all she really wanted to do. But it was proving to be almost more trouble than it was worth. Almost. This was a mission where Konoka could clearly help someone....the one thing she wanted to do in the SAoY.....so she wanted to properly complete this mission. But they shouldn't just meander through! "Let's get going." said Konoka, determined.

Then, she realized she was also worried for the team. She remembered her first mission......the jungle mission. Only a fraction of the team came back. Yep, now she was extremely worried.

"Yup....." said Konoka with a bitter snort.

Well, at least she was here to help. That was a breath of fresh air.....her favorite thing.

If she could do it. With a weak smile and a sense of fragile yet fluttering hope, Konoka sighed.

"I'm on it" Tasuku replied to the Chusa. He quickly noticed and started inspecting a small door in a nearby alcove that seemed to be the entrance to some kind of maintenance area. "This might be something..." he observed, "..but its locked. We're going to need some way to open this.."

"I'll try..it's not too bad.." Tasuku said to Konoka, the truth being more that it was warped tightly, and he was numb to the wound, trying to dismiss it again as insignificant.

"Now that's more like it!" said Konoka, hopeful. "Hmm....got a brilliant plan, eh, Kurusu-Chusa? Maybe somebody could pretend to be a maintenance crew on a new shift and get a key?" said Konoka, her voice a little too edged with her optimism and hope. She really wanted to avoid causing a big kettle of fish over this.

"You do that, Yarani-Hei.......I'd try to avoid all serious action with that, hopefully....." Then, dropping her voice so only Tasuku could hear, she said, "But just in case, I'll check on that when we get back to the Eucharis."

Smiling, she waited for a plan to form in the team's heads. Perhaps she COULD be helpful, after all.

Helping was life. She hoped she could lead it, and well.

((OOC: I should post something so that she would not be forgotten. :lol: ))

Nika had been busy, mainly in SPINE interface, as she poked around the security systems of the space station. The meal earlier was exceptionally good and helped the neko quite abit on her morale, no matter how much disappointed she had trying to break into the sytem of the intended target without causing an alarm.

"Ok send a little of this program here and there... then try prodding with this trojan..." She watched the process as they were intercepted, rejected, and ignored, "Since these don't work..."

"Himeya-Hei..." Chrisma chimed in, "Perhaps you could try intercepting outgoing data packages, maybe from there you can find ways instead of poking around."

"Been doing that, but so far nothing interesting... hold on..." Nika intercepted a very suspicious data not of Elysian coding and made a copy before letting the original go in its way, "Looks like we got something..." She quickly decode it, revealing the data to be a video recording of a section of the station where she recognise the Charlie Team, weapons drawn, looking down at five bodies, "Why is this being sent out and the station's alarm didnt go off? Unless... its being comprimised from within?" She wondered, looking at the video again, not sure on what to do next...

"They'd ask for credentials. I don't want to use a lock pack on it, someone'll notice and we'd have more to explain than not having our badges. Well, I guess it's a matter of smiling nicely and telling them we have to go lock down something of an environmental problem if some system needed for the evacuation is going to work. Come on, and don't have your weapons drawn. Very casual." Kurusu told the pair with a nod, and checked the door once more for a way inside.

"I've got an idea. Follow my lead." She offered, drawing the pair towards what she could assume would be the nearest operations center to the actual customs area. Something bad was going to happen, but she wanted it to be after they were somewhere with cover. "And keep an eye out for that guy who shot us or scanning systems. At the least if the other teams blow it, we can always take advantage of the hostility towards them. As soon as we get to the VIP we should have an easier time of things."

Saying nothing more for the moment, Misaki took a quick scan for life before leading them farther down the corridor.

"Okay.." Tasuku quietly said back nodding, "..once we get back.", Tasuku appreciated Konoka's concern, but he also seemed intent on continuing their mission first.

"Understood," Tasuku said nodding as he holstered his Type 28 still wary of the corridor around them. He watched the Chusa lead them down the corridor, Whats she thinking, I wonder...he thought. Tasuku envisioned kicking the maintenance door in while in his power armor; but maybe the long haired officer had something more reasonable in mind.

Tasuku smiled to himself a little looking at the amusingly small wings on the tiny frame of Konoka. Tasuku quickly looked away and became somber however, with the cold memory of a winged Lorath being shot and killed next him on the Sakura creeping up from his subconscious.
The side-by-side thoughts gave him a sick chill.

Charlie Team said:
Encryption active. Message begins-
Team was ambushed when lift was overridden. No injuries sustained. Station systems are definitely compromised. Takeda-Heisho has managed for now to establish access to station systems. She can assist other teams with station systems.
Jalen-Heisho
EOM

Bravo Team said:

Misaki nodded once, looking between the others at the message, but she wanted to do things more smoothly. They didn't know if hacking the door open would cause an ambush as well. With a total compromise of the station, they could be in trouble getting too close to scanners, so it was identifying themselves as a crew and not passing the customs area that would do it.

Through the dull hum of station lights, they approached one of the stations they had intended to pass by. A proper card, she thought, could be issued there if they played it properly enough. Turning to scowl at Tasuku, Misaki huffed at him, "I can't believe you left all our things in there! People are trying to get out of here! If we ever do I'm going to ask them to dock your pay..."

Turning her head again toward the Elysian with a crooked smile, and strangely red lips who looked over his shoulder first at the conversation, then turned to face the trio, Misaki nodded once. "Yes, we need a new maintenance access card. They sent us to fix one of the hanger relay systems and when we when we thought we heard something someone forgot to keep their card. Can you help us out? I'm afraid we'll be in more trouble with the evac. if we can't get back in before the next order."

All the XO could do was pray the bluff worked, she felt casual enough. Did the others keep their marks?

"I'm very sorry ma'am..." Tasuku shot back to Misaki quickly, "..we've been so busy I slipped and made mistake, I swear I'll work back to back shifts if that's what it takes to get back on schedule!". Tasuku explained emphatically, trying to look genuinely sorry, while secretly hoping this ruse was worthwhile.

Lowly Grunt still gets to be a lowly grunt, even when acting. Tasuku thought to himself with a sarcastic bit of humor, as he stood there waiting.

(Where did everyone but scribbles go? Waited a loong time.)

Thankfully for Bravo team the Elysian behind the desk gave a snort. "I have like, 20 more just like him." He commiserated with Misaki, and tossed her a card. "Hurry up, yeah? We'll have a lot of people coming through soon. This is getting bad." The impending attack was far higher on his mind, and people who might be much more suspicious than a casual crew of maintenance technicians. Something about them had felt weird, but everything did when so much was going on in his station.

With the card in hand, Misaki smiled plainly at the supervisor and turned on her heel. "Thank you." She called, waving the card over her shoulder. "We'll have to get on schedule and beyond just in case they find out about this." Just keep walking. The Chusa thought to herself while padding down the corridor and moving towards the access to the bypass they needed.

"Okay, here's hoping it works." Kurusu nodded and handed the card over to Tasuku. She held back, to the other side of the hatch and slid her hand to the ridged grip of the weapon she still concealed. Just in case. "Open it. We're behind.."

Tasuku followed Misaki's lead and walked with her and Konoka down the corridor trying not to push his luck with the act any more than was needed.

Did that really just work? He thought to himself as he walked, must be my angelic charm and good looks... he thought jokingly; but Tasuku actually thought Misaki made the most convincing Elysian of the bunch.

Tasuku gave the card a skeptical look, examining it for a second. "Okay, here goes nothin..[/i] Tasuku said before sliding it carefully into the slot and opening the door slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back