• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP Mission Three: Clues to a Better Tomorrow:

Sacre tightened her jaw at the sudden threat of violence. This was exactly the sort of thing that she was afraid of. Her hand went to the smooth metal hilt of the plasma saber. Lifting the hem of her garment slightly to do so, revealing for an instant the golden flash of a burial steel blade she kept tucked away. She put her thumb on the activation switch, if this 'goon' killed Aliset, then they would also not survive.

Iomai, the Patrician Elysian, shifted as the weapons came out. Stepping sideways to flank Goon with her own pistol at the ready, like Goon held her pistols. Her synchrony with Sacre was almost uncanny and came from long years of combat experience together.

The two watched Goon to see if she accepted Aliset's story.

Ancilla observed the being known as Goon with keen interest. She hadn't encountered anyone of Goon’s species before, and as far as she could recall, neither had Spark. Completely unaware that Goon belonged to the D3 species, Ancilla took in the woman’s features, trying to discern any details that might clue her into the species' origin. Her curiosity was piqued, but before she could delve deeper, her attention was drawn to Aliset, who was engaging with Goon using her undercover name.

As Aliset called to her, Ancilla listened closely, her holographic eyes shifting to her Senti crewmate. Aliset’s words sparked a familiar sentiment in Ancilla. "Quite a bit, actually," Aliset began, referencing her time spent with a friend named Xena, during which she had seen all sorts of guns and weapons. Ancilla's gaze shifted to the weapon in Aliset's possession, and she immediately recognized it—a Black Rose Anti-Material Rifle. Her holographic eyes widened in surprise, a rare display of emotion for the AI.

“No way… it couldn’t be!” Ancilla exclaimed, her voice laced with disbelief. But before she could say anything more, the situation quickly escalated. Goon’s demeanor shifted, and she began threatening Aliset, apparently agitated by the use of the undercover name.

Ancilla, sensing the danger, quickly intervened. "Wow, wow, wow! Let’s not be hasty!" she interjected, her tone urgent but calm. Thinking quickly, she decided to bluff, hoping to defuse the situation. "Especially considering there’s something among us that, if damaged or hit by a bullet, will blow and destroy this entire place!" Ancilla's voice carried a note of warning, though she was actually referring to the battery in her Kaimon Ascendant body. She hoped the bluff would buy them time and cause Goon to reconsider her actions.

She then turned her attention back to Goon, attempting to appeal to any common ground they might share. "Your species and the Senti clearly have a bond," Ancilla said, her voice softening slightly. "I’d like to learn more about that bond, but only if you agree not to attack. Alright?" Her words were a careful blend of diplomacy and caution, aimed at calming the situation and preventing any further escalation. Ancilla knew that keeping the peace was crucial, and she was determined to find a way to de-escalate the tension before it spiraled out of control.

Last edited:
Oncari Industries Shipyard - Shuttle Bay - Shit Just Got Real

Since leaving the ship, Akino was proud of how everything was going smoothly. She had not been given specific details as to how they would get down to the planet so was unsure if she should give thanks to Alastair for any work he might have been doing in the background. Then she could almost hear his methodical laugh as everything went sideways. Had this one person on this entire station really put the dots together and figure out who Aliset really was. Granted it was not as if they were trying to hide as much as to blend in with everything. Less eyes would mean less attention. Without even thinking Akino had already pulled her sidearm and held it in place. The rest of the crew around her also followed suit minus Ancilla. She noted Goon's reaction was on emotional instinct and not you wondered into the wrong area and about to get mugged kind of vibe. Granted Akino couldn't help but see the irony of Aliset posing as a human and carrying around a sacred artifact like it was a trophy. This was very on point for a human.

"I agree with Selene to calm for a moment." Akino said slowly as she put her weapon away. She let a moment pass before she continued. "Some of us took up stage names and decided to dress the part." She said in a matter of fact type of voice. "Clearly this one went a little far with the role." Akino comment as she looked to Aliset then towards Sacre. "These two are an item and share a special bond. connected by that burial steel. Neither gained by ill-gotten means." Akino then stood at attention and gave a bow towards Goon. "We are most sorry if we happen to offend you by any means. This was not our intent, just a group of gals out exploring." She said in a smooth voice.

Last edited:
Goon didn't even spare a moment looking at the others as they drew weapons, nor did she even seem to blink react or panic to the fact she had a knife to her neck or a gun to her temple, the addition of yet more weapons being pointed at her also didn't seem to phase her as she listened to what everyone had to say though she was more clearly focused on what Khetu had to say, it was a believable enough story... at least until the glint of more Burial Steel could be seen on the serpent woman and when that was seen Goon pressed the pistols a bit harder into Aliset's stomach then blinked a moment before looking to her stomach, stowing her weapons she patted at Aliset's stomach a second then nodded seemingly having made up her mind as once more placid Goon bent over to pick up her only means of communication.

She started to type again on the Pad all her weapons had been stowed away once more, making the small female look as totally weaponless as before as she stood among them as if the altercation had never happened she then held up the pad for all to read "I see you are indeed of the Senti Culture, your have the Abdominal Sternae of your race and your reading if not your Accent as a member of Shurista Why you present yourself as Katamuran is your business, Welcome Friend to the station! I am pleased to meet one of your kind in so long! Though I am saddened to hear not all are taught of our alliance. But I assume there is reason for that.." she then looked to the Burial steel on Sacre's hip then to Akino before typing again.

"If they have Burial steel and the Shuristan has not objected to it, then it is not my place to do so, I apologize for my outburst the People of the Senti Culture are Great Allies to my people and the thought that someone had killed one and stole their burial steel Caused me to Wish to honor our Alliance and retrieve the Artifacts for return to their families or proper flotilla" with that clarified she gave a little bow and took a few steps away from the group.

As she lead them away she held her pad over her head and pointed back towards the group so they could read what was written on it. "Follow me I will lead you to the boss, for my mistake they will hand out my punishment, but I have a few suggestions to you all.. first if your going to use fake names don't use ones that can reveal your real race or affiliation!" she continued to the far side of the bay and into a different door then the one she walked in from.

the door led to the back corridors that the workers used constantly as short cuts to critical areas and to move quickly through the station, and where security would likely be heavy and constant, instead the hallway was empty of workers and only a lone Security officer that looked to the Group, nodded to Goon and continued on his patrol without bothering them at all.

"Second, best to bring people that better fit into the area you are going to... and to keep any Sentient AI under wraps and pretending to be Non-sentient especially on the rim!.... oh and Guest Selene please don't bluff about your Battery like that, you would find your more useful trying to hide the fact that you have a possible explosive when trying to talk someone down... most species have a rather large interest in keeping themselves alive its true... but others might just aim for you to kill everyone in the area out of spite as well" the Pad continued.

As they walked the Hallways were very obviously recently cleaned, as if the workers and cleaners knew someone important was going to be coming down them, whether that was the guests or Goon was up in the air granted. and as they walked they passed by equipment lockers and security armament rooms, Emergency maintenance bays, places the usual public would never to see let alone walk past.

And then Goon stopped did a hard turn and walked into a room, it was clearly a workers Break room, with a door on the far side of the room, tables and chairs spread neatly in order, comforts for the workers to make use of, recreation, things to help someone wind down after a shift. and on the far wall.. blown up to be nearly full floor to roof wall hangings... were two posters... Star Army Recruitment Posters... of Sacre and Aliset side by side on the wall.

As she walked passed the very VERY obvious posters Goon held up the pad once more "Also if your going to do something undercover perhaps don't bring two people that are poster girls for the Star Army? and not to anything to make them look to different... though one did do a good job... even I was to focused on the burial steel possibly being stolen to notice at first though others may have noticed as son as you stepped onto the stations given the... high profile nature of who you have with you" she continued on through the room and out the corridor only to circle back around to the path they had been using before proving she only took them in there to see the posters that the workers were CLEARLY not having hung there cause it was star army and likely more to look at the people on them.

Continuing on she held the pad aloft still "You also let slip two names while in the black market, as well as the sentience of your allied AI, those are not very common on the rim... and those that are out there usually don't like to advertise that they are in fact sentient! There is also the issue of your two friends here the Elysian and the Separa'Shan they stand out.. especially the Separa'Shan as again.. poster girl... some more work to conceal and change them would do you very well if you are to try undercover work again.. I suggest dyes, cosmetics, color alteration of some kind, baggy clothing to hide the silhouette things of that nature" she continued to be helpful as she guided them.

Then then walked into what seemed to be a dead end hallway and as she got to the end of it the wall opened to show it was in fact a heavily disguised door, on the other side the scenery changed.. gone was the pipe work and cold metal of the station... and in it's place was greenery, plant life, and places to sit and relax, a large hold converted into a park or garden, with various plants and flowers, and in the center a mansion, it all looked out of place the building made of natural materials, wood, stone, built onto a metal decking that was hidden by dirt that likely had been moved into this place to give the effect of walking outside, evne the air had been scrubbed of the usually offending odors of a station such as this.

Tending to the garden grounds, and cleaning the place was several EM-j2-1a Geboku Androids which would likely raise many issues, Leading the group past large Tomato plants, Apple trees, and several other produce, the Androids would turn to bow to Goon before going about their work again. "The Boss will see you Immediately there is much to talk about after all" the pad read as she held it over her head for them.

She then lead them into the mansion, and into a office with very nice chairs in fact they were shaped and prepared for exactly this group so that everyone would have a chair comfortable for their race and body type, even at a comfortable height for each of them. all well made and clearly Designed for a specific occupant in mind, well upholstered to match the hardwood shelving on the side of the room, and the deep Green rug that everything was resting on, the rug was soft and easily muffled the sound of steps and for the slithering among them it would be a rather nice change from the cold steel of the station.

Trinkets from the empire and other powers were on the shelves in the office, and quite a few that likely had to be local, and the large chair sitting behind a hardwood desk, seemed designed to enhance the look of the room and act as a focal point of attention when one is to sit in it, the room had once purpose, Establishing the presence and the importance of the person that owned it.

On the other side of the room a door opened and a man walked in dressed in a suit, though it was clear he wasn't human, in fact he wasn't any race they had likely seen before, like Goon he had Green leaf like hair, golden eyes and his skin was clearly closer to the surface of a Plant then flesh strangely he also had a matching scar on the same cheek that Goon had, though the 'skin' on him was clearly trying to emulate human flesh in color at the very least. As he walked in he smiled at the group

Walking to the desk he took a seat smiling to them and waving Goon over to his side. Goon walked over as summoned and standing next to the seated man one coud possibly mistake them for father and daughter.. or at least the same race "Thank you Goon, I believe some refreshments are in order if you would be so kind?" he said to the small Female,

Goon nodded and before she left he patted her head making the small female stop and close her eyes and stand there a moment letting out a little nose puff, though it didn't seem it was one of annoyance if the way she blinked and looked at his hand a moment later when he stopped was any indication, she then scooted out of the room.

The man then looked at the group and nodded to them "I see you have had the pleasure meeting my assistant Goon... as is required to see me.... Greetings my guests from the Military! I am Riplinn Coss, I would suppose you would consider me the one in charge around here... now.... your business with me? I think I remember what it is exactly... but I would rather hear it from your own mouths" he smiled as he reclined in the finely crafted chair.

Well... Son of a bitch. Aliset almost pouted as she gave a snort. "Best place to test cover is with friendlies who don't know.. That said. I was told sneaky field mission. I have no intel. Commander. You want to give me a better briefing than your boss is capable of or do we want me scared and responding?"

Sacre put the fusion saber away and continued following Goon. She didn't know if she agreed with Goons assessment. Names were names and hiding what species they were wasn't practical. There were plenty of Separa'Shan who lived and traded outside of the Empire, especially since the Diaspora caused by the occupation of their Homeworld. Refugees had fled not just into Yamatai, but into the larger Galaxy. Elysians on the other hand had a somewhat uncomfortable relationship with the Empire. Losing the wars with them had also sent many Elysians into the galaxy as well. Nekos, at least demilitarized ones, were also not uncommon. There were whole colonies of former NMX nekos and some Nekos left Yamatai to make their own way in the larger galaxy, often attracted to dangerous professions.

Then she spotted the giant floor to celing recruitment poster and mentally sighed. She wasn't sure how it had found it's way out here, but there it was larger than life. It was somewhat embarassing, even if she did look like a stone cold badass in it. The Order of the Blazing Sun hung around her neck. One of the smaller characters in the poster was Ioamai, who far as Sacre was aware never had a bad photograph. It was almost like a sixth sense. She glanced over at her second to see what she thought.

Ioamai for her part was giggling and looking comfortable with the whole thing. "Come on, let's sign it." She said, manuvering so that Sacre would at least have to move slightly towards the massive poster.

Sacre zagged out of the way and back away from it. "No, we don't have anything to write with." She told the golden haired Elysian.

Ioamai swipped a large black marker from a whiteboard they passed. "Now we do. I'm going to sign it without you. Then they'll know I'm special." She teased.

"So 'special' that your still a lemming after all theese years." Sacre grumbled, moving over to the poster. As they bent down they could see it was already signed by someone else with a two letter signature.

"Is that-" Ioamai said.

"How did she get out here?" Sacre said, speaking at the same time as Ioamai. Sacre shrugged and added her signature in big bold letters across the poster. Sacre's handwriting was clear and pratical block letters. Ioamai added hers with a beautiful cursive flourish.

With that done, they rejoined at the back to meet this Boss character Goon had mentioned.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…