Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP Mission Three: Clues to a Better Tomorrow:

"I do." Sacre said, taking the clothes and her forked tounge ficking out and digging into the clothes to pick up on the scents in turn. "My species has an extraordinary sense of smell. To the point where it can be mire important than vision to us. I typically haven’t found much use for it. Mostly recreational hunting. However, I think here it might give us a distinct advantage." Sacre said, having pinpointed the unique scents of their three targets.

"I love you," Aliset mouthed to Sacre as she took a deep breath, the wave of calming pheromones already easing her instincts as her logical mind caught the change and she perked up, pretending not to be looking for the other Senti in the room. She idly checked her makeup before introducing herself. "My name is Khetu. Sorry for my accent. With Sanssinia's tracking abilities, she can find our man as long as he wasn't put into an air car. Separa are some of the best trackers one can employ. Especialy Pythus. Labial heat pits and their tongue. Little odd, but a Separa tongue can maintain their sense of smell in almost any fluid environment and are orders of magnitude better than bloodhounds, especially with their intelligence. Being sapient, they can make judgement calls andidentify people no matter how they disguise themselves or are disguised. Often by smell alone."

She looked around the group. "That said. My name, for all intents and purposes, is Khetu Katamura. I don't look Senti, but Goon fucked around and found out on that one. I'm your long range supporting shooter."

Corsica Planet City - Landing Pad

The landing pad was more or less in the middle of the city. This was by far the largest gathering of people and goods on the planet. The colony's high above in orbit did its part to feed goods from all around the universe to support the population below. While each depended on one another, the city had its own full government. Which from reports the crew had access too, did not really draw anything to attention. On paper the leader was listed as a mayor, though depending on who you ask, would be closer to that of a warlord. Either way if one did not cause any trouble they would be left along.

Akino reached up and rubbed her hand across her month, smiling behind it. Did she just do a move that is normally done by Alastair?! "I see that we have more friends to tag along. Please, more hands the better I always say." Akino took a moment to take in the sight of Birdie. She seemed like someone who could take care of themselves. Was easy on the eyes as well so would find no complaints from the XO on them joining the team. She reached over and pointed towards the map to the area outside the city. "Let us start here. Least here if things get a little wild, it would not draw the entire city guard down on our asses." She said aloud to the team.

After letting the group have a moment to chat Akino looked to Riplinn. "Do you have a ride we can use to get out of town? Prefer something less beat up as the shuttle though I feel I am asking a lot." She said with a grin.

Mean while, back on the Koun

"Come on Alastair, else we are going to be late to the meeting with the CEO. Lets move it, your messages can wait till we get back. The crew is just fine." The neko called out as she waited for Alastair to join her. As he left, the call in button blinked, left unanswered.

Last edited:
"They're not getting paid? Guess that's good news." Birdie nodded along as Riplinn explained. "If they want something more important than cash, that's pretty good motivation." She looked between the others as they introduce themselves, or were introduced. "An angel, a snake, a toaster, the toaster's toaster, and..." She sniffed at the air for a moment. "...a cat." She raised an eyebrow at the look Akino was giving her.

"This help is gonna draw a lot of extra attention. I'm pretty sure I've seen one of 'em somewhere before, too." The mercenary gave Akino another glance, before her gaze focused on the Separa. "...but if you can narrow things down, maybe it'll be worth the hassle." She nodded in agreement with another suggestion. "Something inconspicuous would be nice."

For now, the Nepleslian leaned against a wall to wait for decisions to be made and orders to given.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back