• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Molecure Tape

Ancient Yamataian Secret. It can merely be called "Molecure Solution". As for the fabric, it doesn't really matter what type, since it's molecularly bound with the solution unless the tape is deactivated.

Which did you mean?

Edit: Actually, it's just something designed to make molecular bonds to pretty much anything. Molecure Solution is the working name, honestly. >.>

Why is it called "Molecure"? I'm assuming the apparent spelling error is intentional since "molecular" is present in the same article...searching the wiki turned up nothing related to a "molecure solution" either.

Ah, right. I still have to update the article to say molecure solution.

I'll do that when I'm not on my way out the door for work.

I meant the word "molecure" appears to be a misspelling of "molecular"...but since it seems like you mean to spell it that way, why do you mean to spell it "molecure"?

It's a brand name, like Heatlube.

Think Molecular + Cure = Molecure.

I'm sure the Star Army will come with a better name for it, like Charge-Activated Sealing Tape with Electric Roller (CASTER).

The polyesther can survive in space because the material gets stronger support from the Molecure Solution. Massive numbers of molecular bonds keep it stable and from falling apart.

Honestly, I just said polyester because I was asked what fabric it was. It can really be any fabric. Heck, even 2-ply toilet paper would do the trick in theory.

All the fabric is is a two layer mesh impregnated with the solution.

Also, isn't "CASTER" used in Outlaw Star as the name of a legendary handgun?

Toshiro said:
The polyesther can survive in space because the material gets stronger support from the Molecure Solution. Massive numbers of molecular bonds keep it stable and from falling apart.

Honestly, I just said polyester because I was asked what fabric it was. It can really be any fabric. Heck, even 2-ply toilet paper would do the trick in theory.

All the fabric is is a two layer mesh impregnated with the solution.

Also, isn't "CASTER" used in Outlaw Star as the name of a legendary handgun?

I think Caster in outlaw star refers to guns which shoot magic bullets.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_(disambiguation)

If you follow the link, it shows that it's not a unique concept, although I'm not sure if other SF series have used the term "Caster."

In this case, I think it's irrelevant that our tape dispenser would have an acronym that's the same as a Sci-Fi weapon. Caster is also a synonym for roller (think office chair wheels) so it's not a unique term at all.

The ratio seems to be 2 to 1 in the poll, I'm going to go ahead and approve this (as well as the Star Army's name for it, CASTER).

CASTER is the Star Army name for the dispenser + tape. Civilians can call their dispenser whatever they want.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back