• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Monarchy of Dovania] 01-A Combat Armor

Dragon_God

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:monarchy_of_dovania:combat_armor
Submission Faction(s)
  1. None (nebulas, etc.)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This article seems cut off. I recommend filling out what pertains to this combat armor from the power armor template, linked here.

Why would it need any of the extra parts if it's just a combat armor? I had one passed similar to this months back without any of those.

Following an applicable template is required for the submission to pass. Following one also helps players and others in the setting know what is going on with the armor and how to use or work with it in a manageable way that is standard to the setting.

There are no templates for Combat Armor, so I don't see an issue. It also explains it in About and in the design on what it is, statistics are also included.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ❌ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ❌ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ - ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. Please adjust the article to fit the power armor template I have provided
  2. Please fix grammar and capitalization issues. Please correct incomplete sentences.
  3. Please link to other articles as soon as the linkable terms are mentioned.
  4. I don't know a lot of the tech that is on this because sections are missing, so it doesn't fit with our levels of tech as the information is not there. Please add missing information, which is within the power armor template.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Alright, that’s not helpful at all. I reread through the article and adjusted some ‘link’ related issues. As well as fixed what I assumed was the grammatical issue. However, in regards to not fitting the Star Army setting. That’s not true, Combat Armor like this already exist and is used. If you’ve seen Styrling Murr Armor, it’s almost the exact same as that.

The design of it, when I get around to making art, is that similar to Halo ODST Armor.

Last edited:
I fail to see any incomplete sentences. Could you quote a few so I may fix them? Also, the Power Armor template is specifically for Power Armor. There is no template made for Combat Armor. Granted, No one and I did use elements from the Power Armor template, however, not everything from there is relevant and would be wasted space.

You are correct here is no combat armour template however you are also wrong, the pa template has been used by everyone for combat armour.

Its not really a big deal, the only sections you take out is usually shields and stuff.

If you were making a shuttle, you would use the starship template. It might seem silly to do so to some, but it makes sense for the wider audience of the setting. Although combat armor is not a direct mirror of power armor, it is basically a sub-category to it for this intent and purpose.

I am telling you it wouldn't be wasted space to fill out the power armor's sections. Not every one of them translate to this equipment, but even that is worthy to note. The whole "Systems" section and sub-section is key, honestly. I don't know how you fail to see this and I don't need to hear you debate it further. If you want to get articles approved, following rules is important, so please do so.

The example I used in the Complete Sentences wip's example section that I made for you is the first sentence of the article, I just switched two terms to wombats and hugs. Check that out. If you need more help, I can fine tooth comb your work by adding warning signs behind every sentence that is an issue like this: ⚠️. I don't really want to do this. This is a teach a man to fish vs handing a man a bunch of fish moment. I would like for you to learn how to write properly or this issue will come up again and again.

Here are a couple examples of sentence fragments within your article:
Making their soldiers better equipped and more gave them more protection.
This influencing the design to have female and male size groups.
Ranging from extra small to 2x large in size categories.
Without the need for any further outside help in producing the combat armor.

Each of your paragraphs is littered with these kind of sentence fragments. For me to write out warning signs would do you a disservice if you have not read the wiki I wrote for you, as well, which I hoped would clearly highlight the problem to you. If you have not read that article, please do so now so that you may understand where you can take your writing in the future. If you have already read the article, I think you should look up some of the keywords I proposed as important so that you may, again, understand.

Thank you for submitting your article. Now, I need you to work with me and within the rules to make something that can be accepted into the canon.

It says in the wiki it doesn't have any electronic pieces. Why is that so hard for you to understand? It's fine, I'm bringing this up with someone familiar with technology.

Hopefully you can get it sorted. Take all the time you need to work it out so that it is approvable.

For clarification:
  • Basic body armor uses the clothing item template
  • Powered armor that assists movement, has a power system, or has propulsion uses the power armor template

RPG-D RPGfix
Back