• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Monarchy of Dovania] Black is the New Purple

Dragon_God

RP Date
YE:41
RP Location
Western Space
====== Deep Space | Independent Space Station | 08:00 ======

Ranga Havard walked down the hall with just her two personal bodyguards. Her chief of security had been nervous about this meeting. However, Ranga had overruled him on sending the whole security team. The small fleet of cruisers had been less then reassuring. However, Ranga was here because of what she felt was a genuine offer. If they didn't want to talk, then all they had to do was not show up. If they wanted to hurt Yamatai, there were many better ways then by killing her, a temporary inconveniance at best. Her black hair was tied into a tight intricate crown braid.

Standing outside the door were two station security personnel, upon seeing the Yamatians arrive, they would step aside, “This is the meeting hall, they’re inside.” One of the Nepleslian SPs said as he gestured towards the door.

"Thank you." Ranga said stopping before the door for one moment to take a deep breath and calm any of the jittering nerves she had. Then she pushed through the door, followed by her two bodyguards.

Upon opening the door, she would step into a grand meeting hall, large enough to hold a summit with over 1000 people. Which she would notice was filled to the brim with what seemed to be a mixture of nobles, governmental personnel, and military. Four golden painted Sky Tanks would whip around with weapons aimed at the new comments before realizing that they were the intended visitors. “Apologies Representative.” One of them stated as they stepped back into their garrisoned positions. Over 60 of these power armored persons would be lining the room, with another couple dozen infantry standing with them in visorless Combat Armor and holding Bullpup Marksmen Rifles.

At the end end of the grand hall on the podium were 30 individuals, Four Ranga would have meet before, LT Faris, High King Kyro-vek Draguun, Princess Violet, and CPL Azazel. Kyro and Violet were in the traditional Dovanian Royal Grabs, While Faris was in his Dress blacks. Along with Azazel in his modified MP armor.

Ranga stepped in and was suprised at the array of millitary personel and powered armor. She had thought that she would talk to a representitive, not a whole army. Then again, if the young woman was a princess, and the older man who she had met briefly was likely her father and therefore the king. "Quite the reception." She said as she got her bearings.

She approached Kyro and Violet. "Your Exelentcies, It is a pleasure to see you again. We did not get a proper intorduction. I am Ranga Havard, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Yamatai Star Empire. I present you with my letter of accredidation." She said, offering the physical letter to Kyro. It was a real envlope made from the finest paper that was sealed with blue wax in which the Empress' signet pressed into the wax. On the front was a handwritten signature of the Empress addressing it to the leaders of the Monarchy of Dovania. Inside on the finest paper was handwitten message informing them that Ranga was indeed who she said that she was and that she would represent Yamatai.

Kyro would take the envelope and carefully open it with the high most respect, however held himself from reading it for the moment and looked down to the representative, “Miss Havard, I see no need for you to be on a lower level than I. Please, accompany me up on the platform.” He then took a knee and offered her his hand.

"Thank you," Ranga said, taking his hand and stepping up to the platform and then hovering a few inches off the ground so that she was at the same height as Violet. Her hand felt soft and uncalloused, despite her years in the infantry and the communications officer of a flagship.

Kyro stood back up and released her hand, which compared to his, which was much larger, rough in texture, and had scars from the many wars he lead. He then looked down to review the paper that she had presented to him, before handing it off to Violet to read over herself. “I am High King Kyro-vek Draguun of the Monarchy of Dovania. Beside me are my Royal Guardsmen, Houscarl Ironhart and Corporal Ironhart-Titan. Then there is my higher military command with the Admiralty and General Corps. Lastly there is Miss Kingsley and her son Uniform. It is with great honour, that I call this meeting to a start.”

After stating, all of the military, noblemen, and representatives in the crowd took their seats. As the room fell silent.

Ranga took a breath to take the initive. "I want to thank you for meeting me. There is much that Yamatai does not know about Dovania, and much there is to learn. The questions before us today are twofold. First, we would like to learn more about your people, goverment, and culture. Second, what sort of relationship you would like to have with Yamatai. We wish to establish positive regular diplomatic relations with you so that we can avoid coming into conflict in the future." Ranga explained.

Violet looked up from the document and asked Kyro, “Should we bring in the 2.8 billion grievances?” As she was unsure if he wanted to bring in the data they collected from the past year.

Kyro gave Violet a certain look of disappointment, though nodded, as a few soldiers came in with boxes full of data chips filled with the populations’ opinions on Yamatai. “There are only a few issues that the people of Dovania have.” Kyro states idly.

Ranga was very well trained at schooling her expresion to be exactly what she wanted it to be. She took one of the data chips and began to skim it. It was actually a fairly knolageable opinion on the Freespacer 'Genocide'. She skipped the second half to go to the next, anouther opinion on the great plauge. Her facade dropped ever so slightly, "Who the hell are you?" She asked completely confused. It was one thing for there to be an information aymetry, Yamatai was large, it was easy for someone to gather information about them without nessicaraly being noticed. However, for information like this, you would think they woud know more about the Dovanians then they did.

“Our information networks are vast. Let it go to show that even in our period of isolationism. We have a vast wealth of those who reside in the Kykio Sector, as we do not.” Kyro stated very formally and with a very stoic tone, hinting at the MoD not even being in the sector.

Ranga regained her composure. "We will take your greviances under consideration." She said trying to think the problem through, and quickly decided on a course of action. "Are these all of the boxes?" She asked casually as she quickly briefed the rest of the security team on the plan telepahicly.

“Do you honestly want to know the answer to that question?” Lora asked her, as she rocked Uniform back and forth slightly in her arms, “If that’s how you reacted to those two individual chips, are you sure you actually want to know?”

Ranga took a breath, thankfully she would get the time she needed for her plan. "Yes, Yes I do. Yamatai is my home, like many homes she does't always have a happy past. There are many places like her, but she's mine, warts and all. There are some who do want to cover up the sores and allow them to fester. I can assure you that I am not one of them. Medicine is what Yamatai needs, not denying that the sickness exists. However, change is long and difficult, something that I will fight for because I believe in the good that Yamatai has in her. When the NMX attacked, we were the ones who stepped up to defend not just ourselves, but others as well. While our martial tradtions are diffrent, they are also based in the shared values of all patriots. I want to see it all because without seeing the problem, we can't solve the problem." Ranga spoke passionately about the home she loved.

This speech stirred some conversation within the crowd, though vanished as soon as it started.

Kyro released a sigh after hearing the Small Ranga give her two cents, as she spoke passionately about her country, “Then you shall receive the rest of them at the end of this meeting. As there are some men on logistics that are currently occupied with other work.” He then glanced over the crowd for a moment before stating, “However, you did ask who we are. I’m frankly... unprepared to answer that question, or at least you caught me off guard with the tone of how you asked the second time. I will say, I am amused by the reaction you gave after only presenting a single district. District 75 of Kyro city, population of 79,000. The smallest district in the city.” He pointed out as he gestured towards the boxes.

"No need to wait. for your logistics personel, I have my own for that purpose. I'll take them now, if you don't mind." Ranga said casually, as lights flashed and the cracking sounds of Infantry teleporting into the room was heard. Two infantry teleported in, grabbing the boxes and then disappearing as quickly as they had arrived. Aboard the ships of the fleet, the same scene repeated itself with the unmarked boxes of chips disappearing nearly simultainously. It was a very impressive show of rapid teleportation. Ranga paused for a brief second. "You do mind? Then I'll just put them back." She said, and then the two teleported back in placing the boxes in the room and across the fleet exactly where it had been sitting only moments before.

Kyro’s earpiece was blowing up from all of the logistics and engineering personnel screaming about the cargo being taken. He slowly removed the ear piece and placed it into the hands of Violet. When he turned back to Ragna he cocked an eyebrow, “Clever. Though I will not be intimidated.” He simply stated to her as he glanced at his soldiers who stood there in formation as they were. Showing that they did not flintch. “Is it now possible for us to begin diplomacy, or is the dick measuring contest only just beginning?” He asked as he crossed his arms.

"That question is one only you can answer." Ranga said evenly.

This started to get old, forcing Azazel to step forward and get between the two, “I do believe that power moves will not solidify a neutral setting. Lord, I do not find it was a wise choice to show the data we had. That goes the same for you Violet, do not state such things aloud again.” Turning over to face Ranga, Azazel was wearing a muzzle to cover his mouth and jaw, “This goes for you as well, I know of Neko’s being genetically engineered soldiers. I am one, though on a different caliber. While you may think that showing your power is intelligent. Do you not think to reserve such power for the Kuvexians? Dovania is not as much of a threat as you might think they are.” Making his point very clear that they should stop the pointless power moves and actually work on diplomacy.

Some of the Admirals and Generals on stage showed their silent agreement, which lead to Kyro making his decision, “It was Princess Violet Forman who brought you here. Therefore, beginning diplomatic talks is more beneficial. I do not find it wise to continue such malpractice, and advise you to retain any further actions of boarding my ships.”

Faris added in a final comment, “Many moons ago we too fought the Mishuu, however we did not have the resources or technology you did, we still stand here, and their fossils litter our battlefields.”

Ranga decided to use that to work back to common ground. "Someone once said that 'The galaxy is a wonderous place, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.' The Mishuu were a threat to both of our species and if we had fought them together, we would have both been better off for it. The Kuvexians are a threat to both of us. They crossed thousands of lightyears to attempt to attempt to subdue us and they will do the same to you if given the oppertunity and they are but one of many threats out there. I'm sure you have others that we don't know about yet. It is possible for us to face the threats together rather then seprately."

Ranga gestured at the boxes. "You have ample reason not to trust Yamatai and someone once said, 'A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go'. Yet If you only find common purpose with those you can trust completely, then you will quickly find that you stand alone. I'm not asking that you trust us, I'm asking that we open the lines of communication for mutually benifical reasons such as dealing with common threats and trade in things we find of use." Ranga finished.

“Knight Ironhart-Titan, your input has been noted. Now, in regards to trust, Dovania will never trust Yamatai if these issues still bare true. Corruption and the lack of punishment to those who enforced such ‘population control’. Recently we’ve just receive a small refugee ship with a dozen Plebians. They were fleeing from the Kuvexians, as there were no aid from anyone but the New Dusk Conclave. Granted, we’ve noticed you’ve gotten involved, however...” Kyro stopped for someone to ask the question that most Dovanian’s had.

”Why would you Wait that long to protect the people of Yamatai?” Faris asked as no one else was going to.

Nodding towards Faris, Kyro turned back to Ranga, “There are far too many differences between Dovania and Yamatai for me to list here in this meeting. Being a soldier earlier in life, I know the tales of war. Being in the front lines even now, I know of the tools of war. However, I am skilled with handling government. This is the first contact between our two great nations. Do not take the waryness of the Dovanian people as a negative perk. Rather, we would like to see ourselves as the ones who are... more or less the ones to expose the truth. Our media alone scrutinize every message or statement our government states. Fact checking is a Xunok specialty.”

"Very well, there are a few simple things that I feel would move our relationship forward. First, I would like for us to exchange envoys. Second, a treaty outlining our relationships and the ways that we plan to resolve diffrence. Third, a trade agrement so that we can begin to work on mutually benifical exchanges." Ranga proposed.

“I presume you would prefer to be sitting whilst we arrange this.” Kyro asked Ranga as they were just standing up on stage. “Or would you prefer that we keep our current positions as is.”

"It's tradtional for people to sit according to their precidence, and a head of state ranks above an ambassador." Ranga said, with a bit of humor.

“In Dovania, the King’s word is law. As you will soon find, I am a man of few words. Leaving the power of state to my dear friend President Questberg. Whom he too was a King. Laws are created from our legislature mostly. So, in stating that, we will sit on equal footing. After all, I tower over any man or woman here anyway, so elevation would only insult.” Kyro stated to her clearly as he called in for a table and seating to be brought in.

The two of them sat together at the table and Ranga handed him the tablet. "The first thing is the exchange of envoys. It is a small thing, but it is the first. Are there any restrictions you have in mind given your strong opinion on our politics? We wouldn't want to accidently offend you by sending someone unsuitable." Ranga started.

He overlooked the tablet, pulling out a set of glasses before setting it down on the table. “I’m not blind yet damn it.” A sharp whisper escaped his mouth. Looking to Ranga he set down the tablet, “I do have a person whom is needed for a diplomatic position.” Turning to Housecarl Ironhart, “You will have to inform your granddaughter that her husband will he disposed. As we’re sending Azazel.” Afterwords he returned to Ranga, “String opinions from me? No, no, I have no such thing. I merely wish that you don’t kill our envoy. Now, I don’t say that out of lack of trust, but of what he is.” Leaning forward a bit he elaborated, “I’m unaware of your knowledge of the issue, however there is a cult of humans calling themselves Crimson. They recently assaulted Sirris IV, kidnapped one of their citizen several times, and have developed bioweapons that make the Mishuu look like rabbits. Azazel Ironhart-Titan, is one of those said bioweapons. He is, stable, we can trust him. I hope this envoy is acceptable.”

Azazel looked slightly confused, “Me sir? It’s an honour to be nominated, however I do not believe they would accept me. Especially due to my unusual habits.” Questioning the High King’s decision.

"Most of our population are biological weapons similar in some ways to what you have described. So I don't think that he would be problematic on the face of it. I've included our proposed envoy, Issus Sanssinia. He's a Separa'Shan and former Templar who has joined the diplomatic corps." Ranga said.

Kyro looked back at the tablet and looked over their file, “I see no issue, only that they will be housed in Kyrok City. We have accommodations that can house said Representative. Although I will say that Xunoks have yet to encounter a Snake person, so their initial arrival will be a bit discomforting.” He pointed out as it would take time to adjust for non humanoid representatives to adapt to the new environment.

Houscarl Ironhart then asked Kyro, “How do you think Lisa, sorry, Thorn Ironhart-Titan would react to her husband being sent to Yamatai?”

Kyro quickly responds with, “Not well. However she will just have to deal with it.”

"Separa'Shan are something of a rarity in the larger galaxy, so I expect he'll be used to it." Ranga said.

"Now moving on to the treaty. In essence what it outlines is our various claims, Yamatai's claims are well known and I can confidently say what they are. However, yours are blank and will need to be filled in before we can finalize it. It also provides that we are not at war and the various methoods we have for resolving disputes between us." Ranga explained.

“So you’re asking for a nonaggression pact? Seems like some of my assumptions have proven to fall true.” Kyro stated as he added in the details ofthe space that the Monarchy of Dovania would claim in the upper right corner of the Kraljevski Sector / Western Sector, however, did not include any specific information about their systems within the claimed space.

Lora raised an eyebrow as she read over what Kyro was signing, “I don’t believe trade will be an option in the upcoming future. There are laws still in place that prohibit external trade.” She pointed out to him, though he was already aware.

Ranga raised an eye at the territorial claim, it seemed larger then what she had expected for someone that she knew almost nothing about. SAINT would be getting an earful after this fiasco. "What we are proposing is a framework for if those laws are changed. In the framework, any trader would still need to be compliant with any local laws. The framework provides ways for obtaining the necessary permits and licences to do so. While we would prefer to see low tarrifs and fewer barriers, the framework is agnostic about them."

Kyro nodded, "That can be arranged in time, however Dovania is strict on trade due to untrustworthy corporations like Psychopomp and Osman Heavy Industries. While we may start allowing trade, it will start off being very restrictive and controled." Turning to his constituants, "If you have something to say, hold it, this is between me and Miss Havard. Hold your tongue." As he turned back to Ranga he added, "Apologies, it appears taking some of my younger entourages might have been a mistake. I do hope that they do not leave an impact on this meeting." Kyro then tapped the tablet on where he claimed the size of territory, "I noticed your reaction to my claim. Trust that this land is necessary for us to obtain ample amount of resources to produce a modern fleet and army to protect our populace. As well as moderizing and giving our people a higher standard of living that what they were before Dovania formed."

"Certainly, and we recognize that many of our neighbors are choosing to expand. However, if you are not able to effectively control the area, Yamatai may not recognize your claim to it." Ranga explained.

He pondered for a moment, that was a fair point to be placed. “Fine, we’ll reserve this area for further claim, and when we can prove powerful enough to claim. Until then, we’ll control this amount.” Kyro said editing the size to a smaller claim to around just under half the original size. “I believe that is a fair enough proposition.”

"I have no doubt that you will be able to claim the territory you wish to have in time." Ranga said agreeably.

“Then we can come to an agreement. Dovania reserves the right to claim this space when we prove capable to. However, until then, we retain control over this space. Is there any disagreements to this?” Kyro asked to clarify their conversation.

"No, there are not." Ranga said, looking over the changes.

Kyro looked at the tablet again before turning up to Ranga again, “Are there any other topics to discuss? If I am correct, you asked about Dovania’s government type, culture and Etc.”

"Yes, we would like to understand you better, who you are, your people, goverment, and culture." Ranga confirmed.

It took him a moment to think about how to properly word everything. There was far too much for him to go through just in one sitting. “Let me begin with the government, since this will be the easiest to go through. The Monarchy of Dovania is a Constitutionally Monarchtic Republic. There are four branches of Government. The Executive, Legislative, Judicial, And Royal Branch. Each of them have their own roles, however, the Royal branch consist of three houses, the Royal Family, Nobelmens’ Committee, and Royal Council. The Royal Family is the Executive ruling house, the Committee is the legislative, and the Council is the Judicial. It’s there to impose an extra check on the system, as well as retain noble and Royal rule.” He explained to her in the most simplest version possible, “I am the head of state, as High King I rule the entire nation. A slight step down from my authoritative power would be the President, whom would be Mr. Questberg right there. He’s the elected official and works with me frequently. Young Miss Violet is a Noblemen’s Committee Representative, or for short, a Noble Representative.”

Next he thought was going to be culture, which he couldn’t really give one, since there was a massive diversity. Although one did come to mind, “Dovania, or Xuno specifically has a very militaristic and honor based culture. We devote ourselves to Honesty, Loyalty, and Royalty. Now mind you there are smaller subcultures, however they’re dwarfed by the predominant majority of Nationali-Militarist.” Kyro figures he could also add in the people as well, “Most of our populace is devoured to their nation. Nationalism is a strong ideological standpoint, right along with the power of the Royals, Nobles fall below them. ‘Peasant Lords’ are often the most valued, as they are amongst the less wealthy of nobles and are more inclined to be kinder to their people. Many of them are depicted in their history and fables. Now as of Communism and Socialism, we recently just ended a Civil war with a small uprising, leading to the abolishment of the Communist party in our government, and it’s followers either being arrested or beheaded. Xunoks hate Communism.” He pointed out as he moved on to the last topic.

”As for myself, I am an Osman. I come from the Great Draguun family that served the king as their specialized shock cavalry. My father and his father and my fathers father so far as I have been told have all served. Us Draguuns are ruthless warriors and honorable noblemen. I was forced from home in YE 39 by Psychopomp, just a few years after OSO conquered the planet and killed the king. So I set off and decided to make it my sovereign goal to eradicate those who oppress and enslave. Those who enforce an evil ironfisted rule over people they have no similarities to. As you can see, Miss Kingsley and I have 5 fingers, as we’re both native Osmans, however, if you glance upon everyone else here except for Azazel, they all have 6. They may see me as a foreigner, however, I have held my end of every promise I’ve made to them. That is why they entrust me with rule, and this meeting is evermore proof of that.”

"Thank you, hopefully this will be our first step to a healthy relationship between us." Ranga said.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back