• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Monarchy of Dovania] Royal Call

Jack Pine

RP Date
4/20/YE 40
RP Location
Xunok: King's Office
It's a brisk day in Kyrok, the city was still bussling despite the cold weather. Civilians wearing more layers, along with the soldeirs and law enforcement having them as well. Three random soldiers were selected by the High King for a meeting.

Kyro sat at his desk writing his papers, sitting silent. Writing away. His office having an old 18th century nostalgic look, with books lining the shelves and most of the furnature made of stone and wood. Candles and lanterns lit up the room as it was still dark, curtains closing off the window. As it continued to snow outside.

"With this aesthetic, it already feels like home my dear. Very classic indeed.", Orias said from a side chair where she had been sitting reading from one of the old leather bound books, small pair of reading classes perched on her nose. She was dressed in a warm sweater of deep red, and black pants with a pair of lined shoes. She sipped from a mug of hot chocolate that sat on the side table after saying this, having fully looked at the room given the quiet space. "What was the purpose of the meeting you were having here again though?", She aked.

Blade stayed quite, not really sure what his purpose is in this room. He was wearing his usual uniform, since he has his fur to keep him warm anyway. Until Orias spoke, he had been studying the room, feeling quit at home.

Elisys was waiting patiently for what would be happening next externally. Internally she jumping for joy, she finally gets to meet one on one with the King and Queen! Well, not one on one, there is still that cat, human—what is he anyways? She would have walked over to him had the Queen not spoken, rather she turn in the direction of her voice.

Kyro answered quickly, "Education, it's to tell them about Dovania simply. So no one goes around giving false hopes." He stated in his monotone voice as he continued to work.

"That's fair enough, wouldn't want the reality of our home and nation skewed. A very wise decision indeed.", Orias said with a nod before turning to those gathered, "I don't think I have gotten a proper chance to meet most of you. I certainly remember Miss Amare from the oreintation. Would the rest of you be so willing as to introduse yourselves?"

"I am called 'Blade', my queen." Blade spoke formally, and with respect to Orias, being intimidated by meeting one of the highest ranking people in Dovania.

”You already know my name, my Queen, thank you for having me here!” She gives a small nod since it would be awkward to bow in a chair.

"I'm katarina, and I'm apart of the explosive ordnance disposal branch, my queen." she stood at attention as she spoke firmly.

"So you are the other recruit the Warrant Officer spoke highly of. It is a pleasure to meet you Blade, Elisys, and Katarina. I also have heard of your recent mission to eliminate a figure of the resitance Mr. Blade. I hope though that you face fewer chains in your time here.", Orias said, ending the last sentence with a chuckle.

Blade, upon hearing Orias laugh, figured he could drop some formality and loosen up a bit. "I certainly hope so!," he dropped his voice to an exagerated whisper. "Could've sworn it was evil..."

“...” Elisys gave the strange creature a look, ‘what the heck is it talking about with chains? Chains are amazing things! You can hitch a vehicle with them, put them on tires to get better gripping on them in slush, annoy a mech-‘ she stopped when she realized she was mumbling this and immediatley blushed before stopping her rant. She hoped the Queen didn’t hear that.

"Its an honor to meet you in preson my queen. Are there any tasks you would like me to do while I await orders?" She looked at Orias still standing at attention.

Nora opened the door slowly and peeked in. "I'm sorry, your majesties, but I think I'm late."

"I can see Tazar has taken you all on quite the adventures. Evil chains have nothing on me though. I was afterall, known at one time as the Queen of Darkness in my old realm. Oh, welcome Miss Y. You aren't too terribly late, please come and join us.", Orias said with a smile as she gave this bit of info. She gave a more sympathetic smile as the woman named Nora entered, "The weather has made foot travel rather annoying indeed."

"I have no tasks for you my dear, but thank you for the offer. It is also a pleasure to meet you as well.", She added.

Blade turned to Nora as she entered. "I think I remember you from somewhere..." Blade then turned to Elisys. "The visious chain I faced showed no mercy to me. Almost killed me, too. I still need to track down the Medic who poisoned me..." He added the last part with a mock frown, then started purring.

”So you got nearly killed by a chain and poisoned by a medic? I think I understand?” Elisys said, not sure how exactly to react to that. “Oh and two other things, one, what I kind of creature are you, and two, can I touch your ears because they look really soft!” She was mostly focusing on Blade since she isn’t quite sure what to say to the Queen about the ‘Being the Queen in a Whole Other Land’.

Was she talking about a planet or what? And would it be worth it to pet the ears when he isn’t looking?

Nora picked a chair farthest away from everyone and sat. She was wearing a very large, red sweater over her uniform. She was as shy as ever and said nothing.

"If you need anything, let me know my Queen. No matter how big or small it may be I will try my best and more to complete the task," She turned her head to look at Nora "and what kind of medic would poison their own ally?"She said to herself, questioning their motives and why they would do it while mumbling to herself.

Kyro gave a slight grin as he was given a notification on his tablet. Seeing a few images sent to him brought a great smile on this colosis's face. "This should indeed be fun." He stated putting the tablet down then looking up to the group, going back to a neutral expression, still excited about what he was informed.

"Now, how many of you know what form of government we have, what's our tax regulation, what's our worker laws, and how many branches of government." Kyro finished stating.

Orias gave a grin to Blade as her bony, spinal column like tail snaked out into view from under the back of her sweater, hooking through the mug's handle and lifting it to her mouth for a sip. Her hand now free of the burden of the mug, she pointed directly at Blade. "Please keeping killing of friendlies to a number of zero. And Miss Katarina, I ask that you watch him and make sure he doesn't. Sorry for the interruption my dear."

Blade eyed the tail a bit warily before replying, "Yes ma'am."

"Good man.", She smiled.

Elisys, slightly dejected that her question wasn’t answered, focuses on what Kyros was asking.

“Dovania is a constitutional Monarchy which has a president as well as a royal family. I can’t remember the tax regulations off the top of my head, but everyone is required by law to have a job or have some form of employment. The branches of government are legislative, judicial, and executive if I’m not mistaken!” Elisys nearly said all this in one breathe, taking a moment near the end to get more oxygen into her system. She figited around in her seat as she said all this.

"The government is an constitutional monarchy, we trade materials with outsiders instead of currency due to our deflated economy ,there are 4 branches legislative,executive, judicial, royal, and constitutional.", she said rather quickly. "Understood my Queen, I will be sure to have an eye on him.", she said at a normal pace compared to her answer to Kyro.

Kyro shook his head, "Incorrect. We're a constitutional monarchtic republic. We have a 20% flat tax. We only trade with allies. If they do not accept our currency conversion, or trade is with resources. Everyone is required by constitutional law to work an 5th of the average human life span, currently it being 20 years, and not dropping below that. 5 of those years is madatory Military service, which can be continued if chosen. The other 15 are either in a private or government assigned carreer. When madatory work is completed. You're on your own, you would be 38 by then if you started at 18. Lastly, we have 4 branches of government, Executive, Legislative, Judicial, and Royal Council. Any questions?" He stated looking at the group then glancing at Orias.

"None from me dear.", Orias curtly answered.

"None as well your majesty.", Blade answered quickly.

“Just one sir, would it be illegal to, hypothetically, leave a child on their own for weeks at a time without any sort of supervision?” Elisys asks quietly.

"I have no questions your magesty" Katarina stated.

Kyro looked at Elisys, "If they are above the age of 12. They will be going to school and feed there. Also, we have people who could watch children for you. If left with absolutely no supervision. It's neglect and will end up with said individual parent behind bars." Kyro stated in his monotone tone.

He then turned to Orias, "Oh. Orias. I have a question for you actually." He stated, giving a smirk.

"That is hard to believe that a child would just be abandoned like thaat, even those of my kind would not even consider such a action. hmm?", Orias commented before turning to Kyro, idly sipping from the tail held mug. "Yes my dear?"

“Ah.. I see.” Elisys is quiet with Kyro’s statement. How the hell do they not even bother with getting someone to keep an eye on me? They pulled this ever since I was 6 for fuck’s sake! Why did it take me till my adult life to realize ‘Something might be a little off here!’.

Elisys would stay silent for most of the conversation afterwards.

Kyro looked at the group then to Orias, "Tell me, have you heard of, Dragons?" He stated. Kyro's grin being apparent that he was behind something.

Orias gave Elisys a concerned look before turning as Kyro asked his question, "Yes? I used to have one as a pet long ago in the dark palace. He was such a good boy too, always roasting pesky adventurers who had the foolishness in their heads that a mortal simply trifle with a demon. Avorus was his name, and I do miss him quite dearly. Why do you ask?"

Elisys perked up at the current conversation. Dragons? Adventures? Demons? What the hell were they talking about?

Kyro looked at them all and stated, "On Arret, we have discovered a very, 'unique' species of avian reptilian like creatures, that I have dubbed 'Dragons' as well as many other types. You'll all be sent there as soon as the DSS-Xuno is prepped,you'll be sent to the colony city of Ava-ok. To discover and hopefully, obtain and train these creatures." He then turned on the holographic projector, showing images of the Dragons that pictures were taken of them.

"I guess I'll have a new pet soon. If they aren't too unlike the ones back in my realm, I certainly can give my knowledge on taming such creatures. Maybe I can find one as large as Arvorus was, maybe even same scale color.", Orias amused aloud with a measure of glee.

Elisys was both parts excited and confused. Mostly confused, since apparently the Queen has owned a dragon before? How freaking big are these guys gonna get? And is it wrong that she wants to cuddle with one of the smaller ones that were shown in the pictures?

“When do we depart sir?” Elisys asked, the excitement starting to build up.

"As of current, the largest that they have found was to be 60 feet long. This one here being shown only being 30 feet long, wingspand being about 45 feet, and standing at 20 feet tall. Possible weight being about 10 to 14 tons. "He read over the tablet from the report."

"All of us," He looked at Orias, "Me and you as well. Will depart as soon as all of you get prepped for the trip. Meaning, You'll have to wait for our newest Hard Suits and Gauss rifles to be developed before you take off. Should be within the course of next week, or the week after. Until then, you are all being forced mandatory fun. No work until that day. As well as not to leave Kyrok city." He gave a smirk, "Time off essentially."

"I look forward to it, but what about you? Surely there has to be a day where I get you all to myself.", She said with a lithe grin, "I also hope I'll be getting one of those hardsuits and rifles if I am going as well."

Elisys nodded, it would be really bad if something happened to the King and Queen. And hey, with the week‘s worth of break, she can hang out with her sorta-Dad Mark! She smiled as she planned on how she can spend her week.

Kyro stood, alright. If there are any further questions about anything, please state now. For I have some work to complete and a wife to tend to. Anything else." He stated looking around.

"Actually I'd like to talk to Elisys for a few minutes, just us girls. I will only be a couple of minutes my dear, but no I have no questions.", Orias answered while giving Elisys a knowing sympathetic smile.

“Neither do I Sir.” She gave a small nod and looked to the Queen. What did she want to talk about me? Why is it she want to talk to me alone anyway?

Kyro nodded, taking everyone else from the group out of his office, "I surrender my office to you two until you both are finished." He then closed the doors behind him. Making a nice solid and satisfying click when they closed.

Orias waited a moment until she was sure that no one was close enough to the door to hear, "Elisys, your....question earlier. It..wouldn't have anything to do with a..personal experience maybe?" She had taken an almost motherly tone, setting the book and her reading spectacles aside gently as she asked.

Elisys was a little surprised at this, she... wanted to talk about THAT of all things? The change in tone also surprised her as well. ‘It probably wouldn’t be the best idea to lie to the Queen herself’ her brain supplied. “..Yes.” She tried to not look at her directly, but still look like she is looking at her.

Her tail retracted itself, hiding once more, her wings lowering as the admission came forth. "I am terribly sorry that this has happened to you. But I want you to know there are those who care. As I understand it, you and the Warrant Officer have a caring relationship. I for one do as well care. I hope I have not crossed a line by approaching you on this matter, but if you ever have similar feelings of sadness, or are struggling in anyway. You can always turn to me, or Mr. Tazar."

Elisys eyes’ had a few tears around the rim, but she tried not to lose it in front of the Queen. “Thank you, my Queen. Besides you, the only other person who had an idea of what had happened was Mark, and the only reason I even opened up was because he managed to fit in the spot where my biological dad would have been.” Elisys rubs one of her eyes. “I...am not sure what else to say...”

"It is perfectly okay to cry Elisys, I will even supply a shoulder if you so wish. In many ways a Queen watches over her people like a mother does her children. A queen has no place on the thrown if she does not put her people first, or protect and care for them. Please do not think of me as the queen in this moment, but as your friend.", Orias said giving her a sad smile.

Elisys does let her tears and launches herself to hug her. She tries to make sure she doesn’t completely mess up her outfit as she cried into her. As she finishes up, she looks up to her and only says “Thanks Mom-“ before realizing her mistake. Her face went completely red at this moment.

Orias gave a smile before gentle stroking the woman's hair, "It's perfectly alright. Thank you for letting me care."

‘Damm my weakness to petting!’ Elisys tried to subtly lean into the petting and succeed somewhat, managing to slightly push her head into the petting. “Your welcome my Queen.” Her face was still had a little hint of a blush to it.

"Call me Orias dear, remember, we're friends now. And I am here if you ever need me, day, or night. You are always welcome, and I will always have ear to hear your woes.", She replied with a smile, the motherly tone having returned.

“Alright, I promise to call you by Orias!” Elisys looked up at her looking somewhat better than she did earlier, only having some irritated eyes to show she was crying earlier. “You got plans on enjoying the week?”

"I hope, if I can pull his majesty away from the desk long enough. But given how busy he is, that will be for a day at most, otherwise no I don't. My coronation is also this week, which will likely be the afore mentioned day. Who knows, I might join you and your friends in disguise, during your revalries."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back