• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Morana Devika

Morana Devika

Inactive Member
Name:Morana Sora Devika

General Information
Species: Yamataian

Family/Creators:

Created By the Star Army of Yamatai

Faction: Yamatai Star Army
Current Assignment: None

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'2" (1.585 meters)
Weight: 118lbs (53.5 Kg)
Measurements:32/23/34
Bra Size: B

Build and Skin Color: Petite, flesh toned
Face and Eye Color: Her face color matches the rest of her. Her eyes are a light blue with barelynoticable brown specks and nearly a perfect eye shape. Not to large or small but the color gets them noticed.
Hair color and Style: Her hair length is one inch below her shoulder blades. It is usually found in a pony tail while she works. But while relaxing she tends to wear it down or in a messy bun. The color of her hair is usually brown but in the summer it tends to streak reddish.

Distinguishing Features:Features: She is rather petite but her eyes don't go unnoticed though she usually hidesthem behind glasses that she doesn't really need. The young lady has no piercing or marks as she would never want to permanently mark herself.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Morana is a bookworm, constantly studying and retriving information. She tends to stay by herself and ignores the things going on around her unless it is taking orders or it involves her work. She has no confidence in her looks and is very shy when she is around dominate males and women who have high rank or obvious power. Though when it comes to her work she has complete confidence and her fear is gone...at least until the odd silence comes.

Likes:Books, writing, Drawing, Long BathsCandles and Being Alone
Dislikes:Being wrong, Men that can't control themselves, Not having enough work and too much stress.

Goals: Morana has many goals such as working her way to the top and her biggest goal is overcoming her fear of total failure.

History

Morana was created by the Star Army of Yamatai in the YE 21 and she recently completed her studies at the Star Army Acadamy at Kyoto.
((Still working on it))

Skills:

* Communication: Morana is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

* Fighting and Physical: Morana received hand-to-hand combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into the soldier's memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. She is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons she is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor. She is not much of a fighter but she can defend herself if need be.

* Information Technology: Morana is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. She is proficient in entering and searching for information. She spends much time researching and trying to find out better plans or things that the crew may need to know.

* Mathematics: Morana received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.Mathematics is not enjoyed by many but Morana loves the hard equations and the simple solutions for them.

* Entertainment: Morana is not trained in any art of entertainment but she does have a voice that a person would enjoy listening to. Though she never sings in front of anyone as she thinks she is just screeching a tune. Morana can be found singing mostly while in a bath or shower.

* Knowledge: Completely fascinated by the history of the Yamatai Empire, Morana has become very knowledgable in the History and Laws of this great Empire. Morana needed no training or extra push to study this subject as it seemed to consume her time away from work.

* Leadership: Morana is a very diplomatic person as she tries to stay away from conflict. This seemed to be natural to her along with her intelligence. Though she is not perfect as she becomes nervous while speaking in large crowds and is looking to over come that. Though she could point out the most logical attack points if asked.

The thing about the eyes though, that's something that wouldn't have been overlooked in the creation process?

She's a Neko created by the YSA, by 'summer' do you mean Yamatai standard? And does her hair magically streak, or does she do it?

Rei said:
The thing about the eyes though, that's something that wouldn't have been overlooked in the creation process?

She's a Neko created by the YSA, by 'summer' do you mean Yamatai standard? And does her hair magically streak, or does she do it?
As a Yamataian, she can get her hair and eye colors to do weird things.

Some people's hair just naturally changes color tones under different climate conditions. Its usually very subtle and gradual. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible for an engineered Yamataian. It's not like it is a genetic defect or anything. Same goes for the eyes. If they're not causing her to lose vision then the creators can get as artistic as they want when designing people's genetics. Within reasonable limits. ;p

You're all giving her a lot of leeway. There's nothing that mentions why her apperance would be as so, and saying 'They designed her that way to be artistic' just seems like a copout when we consider just how many were already produced.

We've had the same conversation about eyes, and I don't see anything in the CCG about hair that changes color from brown to red when there is more sunlight than normal. Once again, how is it even pertinent that one would be engineered that way when you're going to be in space, and not exposed to an extended summer daylight hours schedule for the majority of your time? Now she is Yamataian, so I would have to suspect these changes would have taken place sooner rather than later?

I'd like to see something in the personality section. That's my only complaint, really.

The history, as it is, is fine. I'm sure Thad will agree with me.

Don't even bother bringing up THAT argument. We all know Wes will just ignore/delete/lock the topic it.

Board rank doesn't really matter TOO much.

If you're a good RPer, you'll have fun, regardless of board rank. People are hanging too much onto a simple system of pretty-colored badges.

Besides, I believe the post based ranking system was deleted a while back. I think now its more based on merits and YIM discussion.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back