• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Moving/Renaming Wiki Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our wiki, registered users can now rename/move pages without breaking backlinks. Previously, moving a page required asking me to use a tool in my admin control panel, or manually deleting and re-adding a page and then fixing all the backlinks, so this should be a big help, especially for those of you who create articles and want to move things in and out of the wip: folder.

To move a page, use the paint roller icon on the right side of the wiki pages:

Only move things into approved namespaces or for good reasons. In general, page names (URLs) should closely match page titles.

Note: This feature is not supported on the outdated legacy styles -- it is only on the new ones (StarArmyGhostNebula2017, StarArmyDark, and StarArmyDarkBlue).

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them here.

I just realized this a few days ago since I switched to the new style for good, but even though I'm a tech mod, I'm finding myself in a bit of a bind. Where should I put a species culture article? Should it go under the faction, or under the namespace of the species itself?

I would put it under the faction, as (theoretically) some species members might not be part of the culture (e.g. the various human factions out there don't have a common culture).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…