• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

NAM EM-5 PDW

Kevyn

Inactive Member
NAMPDWhanddrawn.jpg

Producer Information:

Designer: Micah Davis
Manufacturer: NAM
(Suggested) Price: 750ks.
Spare Components:
Magazine: 30ks.
Barrel: 75ks.

Nomenclature Information:

Name: NAM EM-5 PDW
Type: Projectile
Model: EM-5
Role: Second Line Service Weapon
Layout: Bullpup
Length: 710 mm. Barrel: 450 mm
Weight: 4.30 kg loaded

Discharge Information:

Ammo Type: Solid
Firing Mechanism: Electronic
Caliber: 9x39mm
Effective Range: 500 meters
Maximum Range: around 750 meters
Minimum Range: none
Muzzle Velocity: 940 m/s
Muzzle Blast: Light.
Rate of Fire: 800 rounds per minute.
Firing Mode(s): Semi automatic, three round burst, fully automatic.
Recoil: Medium recoil.

Ammo Description:

Name: 9x39mm L1 and 9x39mm L2
General Description:
L1: All lead boat tail bullet. Anti-Personnel round.
L2: 7.62mm lead bullet with a tungsten core. L1 cartridge necked down to 7.62mm. Armor piercing round.
Ammo: 30 round box magazine.

Weapon Mechanisms:

Safety: Grip Safety
Fire mode selector: Four position fire selector: Safe, Semi, 3, Auto
Weapon Sight: Iron Sights.
Attachment Hard points: None

Field Maintenance Procedure:

Clear and safe weapon.
Remove magazine.
Open top of receiver.
Remove spring.
Remove gas tube.
Remove barrel.
Clean cleaned removed components.
Replace components.
Replace magazine.

History:

Prior to YE 30, the SMDIM did not have a weapon for second line forces. As these forces, due to the nature of their jobs, do not usually operate with powered armor, standard issue weapons are problematic to adapt. Side arms are largely ineffective against combatants in even unpowered armor, and as such the lighter weapons in the NAM arsenal were likewise ineffective.

In light of this, a new weapon entered development, a short bullpup with a powerful nine-millimeter round. An additional model of round, the L2, was developed midway through the design phase, using the same propellant charge but a much smaller bullet for improved armor penetration.

The weapon has been through five different models in design, hence the current designation Experimental Model 5. It is in final development and is about to be begin the first phase of issue.

I can agree with all that ... but we're trying to maintain as much originality as we can. I think you'd be better off just not having the art at all. Otherwise the thing's fine.

I'm not what'cha call a good artist. I gotta work with what little I have. I'm trying to come up with original weapons designs, but I'm not going to get there in a single step. If and when I get Species 439 approved, I can guarantee some original designs.

Anyway, I say that this is ready for final review.

I'll hold off removing the art until I see what Wes and Andrew have to say about it. There didn't seem to be a problem with my FAMAS inspired R30, so I don't see what the problem here is now that the photoshop problem has been dealt with.

I would try and find someone to help you with art.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back