• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

NAM Infantry Grenades

Maybe I am missing something, but I do not see DR ratings on all of these.

Other than that I did not see any major issues. Hopefully some other people will chime in though.

Well... I didn't really think the other grenade type needed a DR rating. Only the Plasma Grenades are proper damage dealing anti-armor ordnance.

Yea sadly the current system doesnt allow much to be said about granades and small arms. So I guess its just wait and give a few more people a chance to give some input. :D

Just a couple notes about the monofilament grenade --

How big is it?
Can you make the balls also of Durandium, to lower cost?
If each strand is 200 m long, I think the area of effect should be bigger than just 50 m.

Let's see... to answer Doshii's questions:

-It's about the same size as the M84.

-The balls were made out of Nerimium simply because it's heavier. You *could* make them out of Durandium, if need be.

-Th effective range on the kinetic charge is 50m, and the balls will only go about that far. In retrospect, very few grenades have that kind of range, save for the very old and very dangerous Mills Bombs and similar grenades of that era. Most of the damage is done by the slicing effect done by tightening the filament so I made sure it would drape over or wrap around surfaces. Thus why the filament is longer than the actual range of the grenade.

I like these grendades, and it is unfortunate that the current DR system isn't very well built for more infantry-style weaponry. I am a bit uncertain what to label this, except for DR 2 for a very small area.

Perhaps it would be better suited once the new DR system is in effect.

Well... I marked off the size of the mono grenades. If there are no problems, I'd like to ask for approval.

DR Stats will be implemented after the new chart, as needed.

Doshii Jun said:
I think the area of effect should be bigger than just 50 m.
Why would anyone want a grenade that has a lethal radius less than the distance a soldier could throw it?

I don't know -- it didn't make sense to me either, but when I saw the strings had a length of 200 m, it sounded like the range should be longer. Exhack explained it, so it's all good.

Approved for IC usage.

Credits and approval thread link added to the wiki.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back