• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [NDC] Ferryman Colony Ship

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No qualms from the Spacer FM. Seems like it is all public tech.

Perhaps the corridor size is a little non-descript considering the junker is like half a metre squared, but it is a crazy huge vessel, so I guess there is a lot of variation?

Yeah, has my thumbs up, anyway.

I'll take a look at this one tonight.

A few things to point out, but first congratulations on your submission. Hopefully, we can help you through the process to get this ship approved for use in the setting.

• The first thing that stands out to me is the lack of wikification, or linked keywords in the upper sections of the article. Things like the NDC, etc can be linked in which helps ground the article with other established articles on the Wiki.
  • The next part of the article that I feel needs improvement is the History and Background section, I understand because you are fairly new to the setting this section might be a little difficult for you to fill in. I suggest you consult with the Faction Manager @Jack Pine or someone like @Charaa who submits a lot of the articles for the NDC. Surely there is some interesting history that went into the background of this ship and other technologies and breakthroughs for the NDC that have led to the need for a Colony ship.
  • Since this is a colony ship it would be nice to see some fleshing out of the Habitat Areas and other zones of the ship. This ship seems fairly generic, not that it is a bad thing just it needs some definition to the actual areas that the ship's specialization is geared towards. I'd also be interested to know how it delivers colonists to their destination? Does it carry modules that become the first stages of the colony, or is it just a people mover? I feel that such a specialized ship maybe needs some more fleshing out for it to be useful to the setting and other players. (This recommendation extends to both internal compartments and systems)
  • There are some minor grammatical and spelling errors scattered throughout the article. I suggest using a program like Grammarly to assist you.
[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ❌ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ❌ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Unfortunately, i am not a faction manager, I'm mostly this crazy creative buffoon who likes creating things, and helping Jack with creating things that the NDC needs, and that i thought would work for the NDC. Jack is one i recommend, since he has final say since the NDC is his faction.

I didn't tag you as a faction manager I tagged you as someone who creates a lot for the NDC and might be able to help flesh out the background and history for the craft.

I suggest you consult with the Faction Manager @Jack Pine or someone like @Charaa who submits a lot of the articles for the NDC.

I working on adding your suggestions @Andrew, I'm including in the Ferryman article a few ship compartments I've been working on and I'm posting the URLs. If I'm doing anything wrong please let me know and we'll work to correct it.
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles:

I knew about the Ferryman before but didn't think it'd be an issue since the two types of ships are pretty different from one another.

Can another reviewer take over this submission? I think Andrew going though some tough times right now with his health.

I’ll take it but I request that the original OP article be what I am reviewing. The ship compartments added in a later post should be made into their own submission thread at a later date imo

Hey Ame!

I was the one who recommended that he break things out like that so that we can simplify ship articles in the future. Would it be okay if we kept them linked on the article, but held off on reviewing them? They're all pretty basic right now, so I don't think there should be anything concerning there. I don't have an issue with us doing a separate submission later on, if os.

If you can take on the full submission for me, I don't have a problem with it. If I were to review it, I would want a separate submission without linking to the sub-articles. I normally ask that unapproved sub-articles not have links within articles since they're non-canon and I am approving the full article as canon, links and all.

The alternative would be to have him take much of the text from those articles and include it inline. They were added in response to Andrew requesting more details. Leaving them out would go against the original request.

Completely understand where you're coming from, though. It's a weird spot.

I've been holding off on doing reviews for NDC stuff, since I'm a Co-FM for the faction. Is it okay if I do that, so long as it isn't my submissions? If so, that will make things a lot simpler for the other reviewers.

Leaving out links would not go against the original request. The original request was to add detail- don't get what happened confused with what could be. Usually these details are left in the ship article- especially for a new submitter who doesn't need to be bogged down in submitting many articles.

I gave the option to you because it is allowed.

Hey guys I just found out that I've been laid off by my employer so I'll need to start looking for a new job and I have to focus on other things so I'm letting this submission go.

Understood, Morrs. If someone else wants to pick up the submission for you, is that alright? We can try to find a new owner so that you can go handsoff.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back