• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [NDC] NH-VF-1 Banshee-class Strike Frame

Whisper

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:noval_heavy_industries:banshee
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:noval_heavy_industries:nh-m-w1_diadem (submitted separately)
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
A nimble variable frame that's somewhere between an A-Wing and the RX-93, the Banshee-class uses two powerful drones to augment its speed, maneuverability, and firepower.

Its recommended weapon, the Diadem, is being submitted separately to make this review simpler.

I approve the submission as an NDC FM.

Thanks!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay these are the things I'm noticing

For the frame itself
  • First, what's the recon pack? You have a section for it but you don't explain what it comes with or any new features it might add, just that it doubles the effective sensor range, and increases its own sensor reading, but no explanation on how.
  • "In the event that a sufficiently advanced AI is acting as the Banshee's pilot, the craft will treat the AI much as it would anyone else operating the craft via the Anima System." --- I assume this is saying that AIs can pilot it as well? That's fine but you might want to reword it, the first time I read it I thought it was talking about AI's trying to break into the systems and was confused.
  • Glide for and Glide Boosting are mentioned but never actually explained what they are
  • It should be noted in virtual hardpoints, that for it to use a weapon it would need a remote fire system to actually be fired, since it can't be hardwired. I know it seems obvious that that is the case, but some people might not realize that.
  • It also should have some estimation of it's capacity for holding things with Orchestra. Doesn't have to be super exact but it's something that could end up coming into play in RP a lot.
  • While this is technically not a 'fault' the mech only list it's MAPS as it's power supply, which I assume works via aether.( see notes for the MAPS page below) this would mean the system has no backup power in case aether is depleted or something of the like.
For the MAPS
  • I see that the MAPS says it has the IAPDs components in it. However, it should be made clear on the MAPS own article what it runs on (I assume straight aether) you don't want people looking to other pages for the simple information like that.
For the Wing Drones
  • The weapons RoF, is that the RoF for the whole array, for for each individual 'gun'?
  • Nothing was listed in auxiliary functions, not even cyber security functions.

Great feedback Syaoran, thank you. :) I think I've addressed all the points you called out sufficiently.

Give it a look and let me know.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back