• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Neko Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaryllis

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Company/Store?
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yamatai:neko_burger

Faction: Yamatai. Ideally it would spread everywhere
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? I don't think so and I hope not.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: This is my first ever NTSE article. Maybe the name sounds stupid but it's the future and gourmet burgers can be really expensive and yes it sounds generic but I wanted it to be really generic and I feel the article gives sensible reasons for its name. I wouldn't want to eat a Nepleslian but I would eat at Neppies. If anyone has an issue with my character funding/setting this up I welcome anyone that would like to have their wealthier characters/businesses/organizations lend financial support, personnel, etc.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why not just use an NPC to create it? Because you're right, it's a bit infeasible for Akemi to have started it, since last listed, she had no money whatsoever. Starting a business is a pretty expensive proposition when it comes to stuff like this, so it would make a lot more sense to do this with someone else.

Reactions: Wes
Well I know my character has accumulated more than 20,000 KS over her time in the military which she has just ignored by using the prestige system. She is also a performer who donates her profits to charity who could start channeling that money into this. The main reason I don't just make an NPC is I like coming up with stuff that all links to a character(s) I've already made so if I come up with another business or item idea I'll probably also tie it to this one. I like having stuff linked to a character that is actually a PC that is accumulating experiences/history and may just happen to end up on your plotship someday.

I also like the idea of trying to find preexisting investors made by other players instead of creating them to further that sense of naturally growing content/continuity.

Plus money seems to me to be largely arbitrary in our setting. Your character Kumiko just happening upon a bag containing a million or more in cash and drugs through a purchase of some containers on Wes' salvage thread kind of emphasizes that for me. Now she's routinely buying other stuff and has the ability to create her own company if she hasn't already.

Also, Lamb just told me his Vincienzo Bortelli character would help fund this and he constantly steals valuables and gets royalties on Luca/ISC Phoenix merch. He said he'll post in here later.

Now I'm thinking I should make Shit Kicker, SARP's crowdfunding service that you kick ideas around on and try to scam money out of people with.

Last edited:
Well I know my character has accumulated more than 20,000 KS over her time in the military which she has just ignored by using the prestige system
The Star Army of Yamatai does not owe money to soldiers using the prestige system. It's giving up pay in exchange for favors.

Neppy's has to offer on its menu and making it all even bigger and more unhealthy to the point where some items are outright lethal to anyone who isn't a Neko and doesn't have a similarly strong digestive system
I don' t think this would be legal.

Would it be legal if they told you what was and wasn't safe? That's what it would do. I figured that'd be obvious as I did write there was stuff to appeal to regular Yamataian tastes.
I could always see people signing waivers before eating something. That'd just make things cooler in my mind.

Also, if that's how the Prestige System works that's fine. I just imagined based on how it was written you could basically request anything within reason and within reason would be anything equivalent to or less than the value of your character's time in service. Obviously that's not the case.

Foxtrot also told me on IRC he's down for making artwork for the article. I'm happy with anything art-wise that anyone with approval powers is happy with.

If you start including other backers, that's one thing, but there's no feasible way for you to have her as the original person right now. More to the point, what investor would risk their money on a startup business with some remarkably well established competition, with an owner who has zero experience as a manager, or even in working in the field, who can contribute nothing to the project but a name? That's why I'm saying it makes no sense to have Akemi as the founder. Make her the mascot or something, but she just doesn't make any sense as a business owner as it is.

As for Kumiko, she HASN'T started a business because of how expensive it would be for her to start a business she'd be interested in. She's stuck most of her money in banks, but doesn't really do much with it on the whole, because she's in the military, and she considers her career something to focus on, rather than going off on tangents. Which brings up another point, namely how Akemi is going to find the TIME to run a startup business and be in the military. Small businesses, especially in their first few years, are a LOT of work, and you have to be heavily involved with them.

So glad you're not a tech approver. Our fictional universe has way more advanced communications than present day. Who's to say my character doesn't have a digital concert and make some cash charging for it or hasn't already multiple times? Do I have to RP out every time my character gains money? Who decides how many people are willing to pay for a digital performance or digital download? Who's to say my character doesn't stumble upon some unobtainium on the unexplored planet she is currently exploring?

Our universe has holodeck tier technology for interacting with people across vast distances. My character actually probably has a good amount of time to do whatever she wants as she's a security guard at the moment that doesn't really have to do anything other than keep an eye on some people. Why do people in real life get so easily conned into donating to nonsense like fake hoverboard technology?

Time is also fuzzy in this setting. Our characters can be in a plot for years yet only do a few missions that were each a few days long.

So I can conjure a character out of thin air with millions and connections and business skills, but I can't say my preexisting character potentially acquired the resources necessary to run a business in her off time? She can download business knowledge straight into her brain and has supercomputers and extremely advanced AI to do her bidding at her fingertips.

I really don't even want to bother talking to you because you think how I write my character is garbage and you talk trash about people but you routinely join plots and drop them like a bad habit. I really don't think someone who can't consistently participate in RP despite routinely super casually saying "Oh yeah, I'll throw a character in your new plot" seemingly with no shame should be reviewing anything. You sit on IRC all the time and talk about that totally sick WoT match you just had and then say you have no time to post and no inspiration and no drive and gosh, geez, stop pestering me guys, get a life I'm a busy guy with real responsibilities babies yet I can endlessly argue with people over technicalities in a condescending manner. Kumiko really should start a business as she was pretty much absent from TFL despite being in a leadership position.

Last edited:
I'm going to reject this submission due to the submission not being plausible and also because the submitter chose to stoop to personal attacks instead of answering legitimate questions about the submission. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back